• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Oh daymn, my number of legendaries fail in comparison D;

Uhm, Ho-oh sounds good. I've been wanting one for ages <3
Would that be ok?

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
If I've Ev trained something and it knows all the moves I want it to know, can I put it in the day care without a reduction to the stats?

Pokemon don't learn moves in daycare, but can they be remembered using the man in Pastoria city with a heartscale?

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Yes... but why would you want to? It's much faster to level up by battling than it is by putting a Pokemon in the day care.

And yes and no. A Pokemon can be taught moves it forgot in the day care by the move tutor in pastoria city but only if that Pokemon can learn that move through leveling up. TMs and certain egg moves(i.e. Weavile and Ice Punch) can't be tutored.

Need clarifying?

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Because I can go to fuego Iron works and walk all night while I sleep by putting something on the D-pad. Is it a good idea after I've EVtrained all I need? You're absolutely sure it won't give me lower stats than it would if I battled to gain exp?

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Yes, there won't be any stat change from the norm. That only applies with rare candies. I still want to see if I can defend my point that battling > day care, so time for some calculations(yay!):

if 2 exp is gained a second, than:

120 exp. a minute and

7200 an hour.

Average amount of sleep is 7 hours so:

exp. gained in average night of sleep is
...56 X 9... 494
49400 exp points.

Trainer in sandstorm area has Ambipom, Blissey, and Rapidash.

Blissey lv. 59 gives 3223 > 3200
Ambipom lv. 59 gives 2351 > 2400
Rapidash lv. 59 gives 2427 >2400

One battle gives about 8000 exp.

plus lucky egg gives 12000 exp.

If about 4 mins for no animation battle and 1 min for vs. seeker to operate, than one battle every 5 mins.

12 battles an hour.

96000 exp. an hour for Ace trainer female in Sandstorm route.

plus lucky egg gives 144000 exp an hour.

So yeah, I'm a math nerd. It's just the way I think.

EDIT: In everyday terms, you can do 7 hours of work in 30 mins or 23 mins with a lucky egg. Your decision. It's not like TWEWY where aliens give 100 MPP every 3 hours of leaving it in mingle mode which you'll need with that ridiculous (yet awesome) 3 kinds of experince for different evolutions thing.

Hopefully my last EDIT: Also, think about your battery life. Leaving it like that will have some consequences on your battery life later on.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I have a question, Whats a good movest for a Staryu? Because I got a Staryu and I want make it the strongest it can be.

Moves:

- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Is that a good movest? Or....

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
I have a question, Whats a good movest for a Staryu? Because I got a Staryu and I want make it the strongest it can be.

Moves:

- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Is that a good movest? Or....
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=116651

Also, please read this. It has an explanation of EVs and competitive Pokemons and stuffs :p. I enjoy pushing this on people who seem not to know about it.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Uhm, yeah, I'm new to this thang.

Right, I'm gonna EV train an Aerodactyl in Attack (mostly) and Speed to make it a sweeper. That's a good decision, right? What kind of nature would be advised? Adamant?

If I give it the Power Bracer, if I kill a Shinx, does it give me 2 EV's instead of one?

Sorry for nub questions D;

zrky

Smash Lol'd
yes you will get 2 EVs against a shinx with the power brace. Or against a bibarel you will get 4 attack EVs.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Yay! More people interested in EVs and such!

Adamant ( + atk - sp. atk ) and Jolly ( + speed - sp. atk ) are good natures for a Pokemon like Aerodactyl who have no use of special attacks. So yes, you were right on the money.

If you were to make Aerodactyl hold the Power Bracer, it would gain 4 more EVs in attack than it normally would. So, if you were to KO a shinx, you would gain 5 EVs in attack. The item that makes you gain 2 EVs in attack when you KO a shinx is a Macho brace. IMO, you should stick with the Power Items for swifter EV training.

*This is me adding additional information in case there are more questions needed to be asked/add relevant and helpful information.*

Keep in mind that a Pokemon can only have 255 EVs in a single stat and only 510 EVs total. Since the stat gains of EVs are based on multiples of 4, having 255 EVs in a stat would cause 3 wasted EVs. 255/4 = 63 remainder 3. This is why 252 is a common number for EVs. By having 252 or 255 EVs will still give the same result of adding 63 more stat points than if there were 0 EVs. Those are the magic numbers of EVs.

Also, try to get Pokerus, it doubles the amount of EVs gained. So, if you were to use it with a Power Bracer and the likes, you would get 10 EVs instead of 5 EVs.

And at least you asked for help. :) People around here recently don't have a clue :/.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Thanks for the help! :) Well at least I'm learning, someday I'll actually know what I'm talking about like you do and be able to help out too xD

I've more or less got EV training figured out now. Now to decide what pokemon I'm having in my team.
Got a Gengar planned for special sweeper, Aerodactyl for physical sweeper, but nothing else in mind yet D;

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
For just starting out I suggest the dynamic wall duo Skarmory and Blissey. Their sets are:
Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold( + Def - atk)
Natural Cure
252 HP/252 def/6 sp. def
~Softboiled
~Thunder Wave
~Aromatherapy
~Seismic Toss
Just a generic blissey set if you have access to FireRed and/or Emerald. I like it so I use it.

Skarmory @ Leftovers/Shed Shell
Impish( + Def - sp. atk )
Sturdy/Keen Eye
252 HP/252 def/6 atk
~Roost
~Drill Peck
~Spikes/Stealth Rock
~Whirlwind/Roar(Use whirlwind if possible)

These 2 work very well together if you can predict switching. You can pretty much use both these sets without trying.

What do italicized usernames in shoddy mean?

Niiro

Smash Ace
What is rating is the more important rating in shoddy, the rating or the conservitive rating estimate?

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Thanks for the sets on those two jiggz.

I was considering having a Skarmory, even though I wanted to keep my whole team 1st gen to be cool D;

I have a Blissey atm. It's probably not EV trained though because I got it over the random wi-fi thing at level 70, so yeah.

I was considering a Weezing. I've got a few ideas for that. Sludge Bomb, Haze, Pain Split, something else (maybe Toxic, iono.)

But anyway, thanks :)

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
I was considering a Weezing. I've got a few ideas for that. Sludge Bomb, Haze, Pain Split, something else (maybe Toxic, iono.)
I would replace Sludge bomb with thunderbolt and use flamethrower as your other move. Maybe Will O Wisp over haze, either one works fine. Other than that, pretty good. A good EV spread would be: 252HP/252Def/6Sp. atk. A good nature would be Bold. And it should hold leftovers.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
A lot of strategies have HP Ice, Ground, Grass, or Fighting in the movesets for better type coverage. Every time I see HP ______ I kinda die inside. I tell myself "Well there's one pokemon I can't use." How the **** am I supposed to get a pokemon with the right nature, ability, decent IV's, and somehow test each one of those for the right HP!?!? It sounds like it would take a week and I can't believe anyone uses HP in their movesets because of how unlikely it is that you get the right one.

What's the easiest way to test what type the HP is? Is there any way to change it? How is getting the right HP and everything else even feasible?

Niiro

Smash Ace
A lot of strategies have HP Ice, Ground, Grass, or Fighting in the movesets for better type coverage. Every time I see HP ______ I kinda die inside. I tell myself "Well there's one pokemon I can't use." How the **** am I supposed to get a pokemon with the right nature, ability, decent IV's, and somehow test each one of those for the right HP!?!? It sounds like it would take a week and I can't believe anyone uses HP in their movesets because of how unlikely it is that you get the right one.

What's the easiest way to test what type the HP is? Is there any way to change it? How is getting the right HP and everything else even feasible?
The answer in Action Replay. Srsly. But if don't hack, another way to breed a HP(68-70)_____ Pokemon would be to sit your *** down for a couple of weeks doing nothing but breeding (fun, isnt it?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom