• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
I haven't played Pokemon Pearl(or used my DS's wi-fi) in about 2 months
twewy ftw!
and when I tried to make a trade on the GTS, I got stuck on the "checking GTS's status" or something like that, screen. Is this due to Platinum, or is my wi-fi just crappy?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
well the wifi reciever thing on your DS might be damaged or it's your wifi, but im guessing it's the DS

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
How do I beat Palmer for the first time without changing my currently crappy team?
I'm too lazy to EV train or breed good pokemon, so I'm just using the ones I used on my in-game playthrough.
I'm using Torterra, Gyarados, and Staraptor.

My Gyara is too slow for Dragonite and gets killed by Stone Edge before I can use Ice Fang
My Torterra can't survive 1 Ice beam and can't 1 hit-ko Rhyperior with Wood-hammer
I haven't even gotten to Milotic lately.

The only way I've beaten him recently is if he started with Rhyperior, I could use 1 dragon Dance with Gyara and be able to survive the Tbolt with like 2 HP left. From there I can take out Rhyperior and IF he switches to dragonite, I can take him out with Ice Fang, but if he switches to Milotic, I can't beat it. Plus, sometimes Gyara doesn't even survive the Tbolt.

The only way I can win requires too much luck or too much work. Advice anyone?

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
A quick way to beat palmer IMO without EV training :( would be to use a speedy Pokemon that can OHKO or do about 60% the milotic because that salac/recover combo will screw you over. The other two can be dealt with by your typical speedy water type. The team I used before EV training was Infernape, Floatzel, and Roserade. Since this is an in-game playthrough, I can assume you have something like these, right?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I used Infernape, Salamance, Electrivire.

I used electrivire to kill milotic (got lucky and she missed hydro pump twice).
Then I used infernape to crush rhy (he was stupid and repeatedly used ice____)
Then I finished dragonite with a meteor and dragon claw.

That's how I did it.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I think that you should train a Gliscor, but you may not be able to do so. It would need U-Turn.

Also, to Bowser...He can't use Infernape if he has Torterra, right?
I was just saying how I beat it but If he were to use the same team he could always use wifi to get infenape/chimchar/monferno.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
I guess this is where the Pokemon Counter game experience comes in handy. What counters all 3 of them.... hmm

I'd be willing to breed n' train 1 pokemon, but the breeding is just too darn tedious. EV training isn't actually as hard as everyone makes you think it is. With the power items, pokerus, and the magikarp guy, EV training for speed is actually more tolerable than getting to Palmer only to lose over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. The other ones are slower, but still tolerable.

Edit: Anyone got some in-depth info on Palmer's team (including EV spreads n' natures) so I can come up with an effective counter? Maybe first and second time too, IF i actually make it there without dying of boredom from the trainers.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I have a Breloom and I love it SO MUCH! It freaking PWNS! EVARYTHANG! Except for a fire or bird type that can outspeed it when it doesn't have a substitute up. For these cases, I want to raise a Magnezone as my next project (yes I realize that it's weak to fire thank you).

So how do I get a Magneton to evolve? Is there any way to do it without some sort of WiFi? How do I find the magnemite with the right nature since I can't breed them? (U_U) I have a Pearl Version.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Wha 'chu talkin' bout? Magneton can breed with ditto. Just have a ditto with the right nature hold the everstone and breed it with the magne-whatever of your choice. If that doesn't work(which last time I checked, does) then have a Pokemon with the ability synchronize with the right nature be the first Pokemon in your party and encounter a wild magnemite. 50 % of the time, it should be the right nature.

Palmer isn't really that hard to beat. You don't need to create a specific team with which to counter him. Just hit him first. I don't think his EVs or natures are listed anywhere but his movesets:
Milotic @ Salac Berry
~Hydro Pump
~Dragon Pulse
~Hypnosis
~Recover

KO this before it gets a chance to hypnosis you. Sleep clause doesn't apply so avoid it at all costs. Also, don't use any moves that will take about 70% because that will activate its salac berry, and if it's speedier than a weavile with that thing, you'll need a miracle to beat it then. Not to mention that recover doesn't help it either. Basically, this is the only thing keeping you from victory.

Rhyperior @ Expert Belt
~Ice Beam
~Flamethrower
~Thunderbolt
~Rock Wrecker

Too easy, just use a special SE move.

Dragonite @ Wide Lens
~Stone Edge
~Aqua Tail
~Dragon Rush
~Iron Tail

If you don't have an ice type move, then sucks to be you.

One more thing, if you are too lazy to EV train, then you have no chance of reaching Palmer on his 49th streak. He uses Cresselia, Heatran, and Regigigas.

@ Platypus: hahaha, very funny. magnets. attraction. I get it.[/sarcasm]

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
Wha 'chu talkin' bout? Magneton can breed with ditto. Just have a ditto with the right nature hold the everstone and breed it with the magne-whatever of your choice. If that doesn't work(which last time I checked, does) then have a Pokemon with the ability synchronize with the right nature be the first Pokemon in your party and encounter a wild magnemite. 50 % of the time, it should be the right nature.

Palmer isn't really that hard to beat. You don't need to create a specific team with which to counter him. Just hit him first. I don't think his EVs or natures are listed anywhere but his movesets:
Milotic @ Salac Berry
~Hydro Pump
~Dragon Pulse
~Hypnosis
~Recover

KO this before it gets a chance to hypnosis you. Sleep clause doesn't apply so avoid it at all costs. Also, don't use any moves that will take about 70% because that will activate its salac berry, and if it's speedier than a weavile with that thing, you'll need a miracle to beat it then. Not to mention that recover doesn't help it either. Basically, this is the only thing keeping you from victory.

Rhyperior @ Expert Belt
~Ice Beam
~Flamethrower
~Thunderbolt
~Rock Wrecker

Too easy, just use a special SE move.

Dragonite @ Wide Lens
~Stone Edge
~Aqua Tail
~Dragon Rush
~Iron Tail

If you don't have an ice type move, then sucks to be you.

One more thing, if you are too lazy to EV train, then you have no chance of reaching Palmer on his 49th streak. He uses Cresselia, Heatran, and Regigigas.

@ Platypus: hahaha, very funny. magnets. attraction. I get it.[/sarcasm]
well to beat palmer you only need to be faster then all the pokes. so a choice scarf on a fast yet powerful pokemon will do the job. the team i use is tyranitar, garchomp, and lucario.

also can anyone tell me how i can improve this team as in what pokemon to replace, moves to change etc. i almost got to the top 50 in the smogon suspect ladder but i can not just get in. i was like 7 points to being #50 but then i lost to the person in #50 making me lose points while he moved up.
theres the link to my RMT post
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5512346#post5512346

i really want to make the top 50 at least once.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Lol, did you know if you look in the pokedex, furrets are bigger than you?

And furret wouldn't be a bad special sweeper..... if it had a sp. atk higher than 45.....

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Apparently in order to have a good magnezone I need Hidden Power Ice. Hell am I supposed to get that right? Especially if I also need the right nature and ability!

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
We're talking 1/16 times 1/25 for the right nature and hidden power. That's a probability of 1 out of 400! Or if I get the right nature and use an everstone (which will take a while to find in itself) I get 1/32, and I still have to test each one for what HP's type is! How can ANYONE do this without hacks?

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Actually it's 1/2 for ability 1/2 for nature and 1/14 for hidden power. Of course, you're going to want good IV's and good base attk too, so you'd probably make it within the top say 5, so if you calculate all if it, it's around.

1/380

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
I always thought Celebii was a boy.? Oh well.

Albeit, I don't post here much(anymore), but I'll come back for Platinum. ;)
Of course, so will a n00bfest as well, but, what can you do? >_>

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
He has to be a guy. There's no denying it. No girl could be that in love with Gardevoir and Lopunny >_>.

Also:
Furret @ Salac Berry
Keen Eye
Modest( + sp. atk - atk )
252 Sp. atk/252 speed/4 HP
~Endure
~Ice Beam
~Thunderbolt
~Hyper Voice/Flamethrower/Shadow Ball

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
He has to be a guy. There's no denying it. No girl could be that in love with Gardevoir and Lopunny >_>.

Also:
Furret @ Salac Berry
Keen Eye
Modest( + sp. atk - atk )
252 Sp. atk/252 speed/4 HP
~Endure
~Ice Beam
~Thunderbolt
~Hyper Voice/Flamethrower/Shadow Ball
...because everyone is afraid of a Pokemon with 229 SpA. A set like this would work better on Exploud.

Gardevoir is BL.

I think we were talking about beating Palmer? I use Empoleon to solo him. Empoleon ***** Rhyperior with Surf/Grass Knot. Milotic is handled well with Grass Knot. Depending on your EVs, you may have to poke Milotic first before finishing her off with Grass Knot. Empleon resists all of his Dragonite's moves, so you should be able to beat it first with Ice Beam. I haven't played Diamond in forever since I lost my DS. I do know that it holds a Sitrus Berry. Sitrus Berry is better because BT battles usually last for 3 or less turns, which results in 18% HP recovery. Sitrus Berry heals 25%. I used the Empoleon I got from the beginning of the game, so no EV training. I used an EV trained Metagross along with a Salamence to complete my BT team.

Overload

Smash Lord
I need:
Impish Shuckle
Jolly Absol
Timid Manectric/Electrike
Bold Chikorita/something that can mate with meganium
Careful Grimer/Muk
Black Sludge
pm me

Steel_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Trading dratini squitlers skitty belly drum slowpoke lapras and registeel and a phione and riolu's teddiursa kangaskhan piplup and icicle spear shellder and mantyke PM me with offers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom