• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I don't like reshiram too much, his name annoys me lol
zekroms interesting. I reallly wonder what their types r. this would be a better time than any to make a light type in pokemon

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I don't like reshiram too much, his name annoys me lol
zekroms interesting. I reallly wonder what their types r. this would be a better time than any to make a light type in pokemon

Mewter

Smash Master
They look cool, but the art style is a little weird. :laugh:
I guess it's a good thing though if they wanted Zekrom to look industrial and Reshiram to seem angelic.

Edit: I guess what I'm saying is I don't really like their designs too much right now.

Mewter

Smash Master
Reshiram has some pink reflected light bouncing off of its underside, so it's possible that it will be able to reflect a spectrum of colors, if just pink. :laugh:

Pete278

Smash Lord
I doubt they'll make a Light type, probably just use Psychic. If they do make a Light type, that'll be very interesting, though. It certainly does look like what a Light type would be,

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I always got confused over which was the presence/absence of all colors, white or black.

Reshiram reminded me of this the first time I looked at it:

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I love them as well, I think they look VERY good and I'm excited to see typing and such. I could see Zekrom being any mix of Ghost, Dark, and throw in Rock or Steel to either Ghost or Dark, or it could simply be Ghost/Dark. I think Reshiram could possibly be Ghost and Normal, which would be very interesting. I'd like to see where they go with this and the typing they give them.

I'd love to see them not overpower these guys so we can throw them into OU, but the chances of that are pretty slim.

Tacel

Smash Lord
They definitely did better on these legendaries than on the 4th gen legendaries, in my opinion.

Mewter

Smash Master
You know what? These new legendaries are really starting to grow on me. Especially the white one.
Darn it Gamefreak! You win again!

Edit:
Actually, just the white one. lol
Dark one's not my flavor.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I love the new legendaries look. I really like the black one especially, he looks like something out of metal gear. I'm kind of bummed that they switched the legends this time though because I wanted to get black version.

M.K

Level 55
I really, REALLY like the Zekrom.
REALLY REALLY like it.

EDIT:
**** YES HES THE WHITE MASCOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDD

Player-4

See you in 25 years
They definitely did better on these legendaries than on the 4th gen legendaries, in my opinion.
I think they did great with the 4th gen legends as well. IMO people expect too much. Not saying they're sub-par. Dialga and Palkia are very original.

I really, REALLY like the Zekrom.
REALLY REALLY like it.

EDIT:
**** YES HES THE WHITE MASCOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDD
Not to troll, but there's a good chance they'll stick the black legend in White and the white legend in Black.

M.K

Level 55
Zekrom is more 4th Generation-esque (the body overall reminds me of Palkia)
while I think Reshiram is more 2nd Generation-esque (reminds me immensely of Lugia).

Look at the tail on Zekrom.
Holy Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, Dunsparce evo?? lol

Steelia

Smash Champion
reshiRAM and zekROM
They WILL be computer-related.
I call it.
:b

Anywho, it took me a couple of minutes to swallow, but seeing them now, I really have a liking for Zekrom. Only redeeming factor for Reshiram are the eyes; I like how the iris looks.

Outside of that, though, neither of these scream Pokemon to me; they look more like Yu-Gi-Oh! card rejects or something... They seem way too powerful, and very out-of-place.
But they're leagues better than the majority of the 4th Gen Legends, in my opinion.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
These legendary pokemon dont grow on me too well....
Just as I was starting to lose a bit of hate for palkia and dialga, they make those T.T
This is what I was worried about when I saw the 5th generation announced.

tl;dr I dont like the new legends, needs less yu-gi-oh...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
What?

This is blasphemy.

Now I'm tempted to ignore all my love for the color black to get white just for THAT piece of awesomeness!!!

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Reshiram looks kind of...distanced to me. I don't really know how to explain it. And that weird little thing swinging forward in the front isn't exactly right.

But I like it. Luckily for me, I was rather sure I was going to get Black. Now I know I am.

I don't like Zekrom too much. Everything about it reminds me of past legendaries. Reshiram at least doesn't resemble the past very much. He's rather unique.

In my opinion, of course.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Nintendo, Making absolutely no sense since 1987.
Contrast man, contrast.

You can't have a black cover for a game and then put a virtually black Pokemon with it. You might as well just not put the Pokemon on there. Same with white on white.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
More dragons.
Woo.

They're... just not quite all there to me. They look fine, but I'm not feeling them yet.
They'll grow, I'm sure. XD

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Just like when I saw Palkia

At first I saw a giant pink ugly dinosaur and Dialga used to be the cool looking one.

Now I like Palkia many times better than that starved dog...

I love the black guy. He looks cool

And perhaps he'll be the Dunsparce evo that we've all been waiting for. I mean just look at that tail o_O

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Now I'm definitely getting White, lol. Zekrom is SO beast. It's automatically jumped into my top ten list of fave Pokes.

Reshiram would be alright if it wasn't for the hands jutting out from its wings. :/ It just looks too awkward to me, especially with that big head on such a skinny neck. But maybe he'll grow on me like Smugleaf did.

Definitely a new style, but I still like it and it's still "Pokemon" to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom