• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockem7

Smash Ace
Hey I just remembered something I've always said. Rapidash should evolve into a Pegasus. Fire/Flying. What do you guys think? I mean it makes sense; pony>unicorn>pegasus.
They'd have to make Rapidash evolve at like 45-55 though, which would be weird because he isn't a pseudo-legendary. Idk. It'd just be weird to me.

rockem7

Smash Ace
Yeah, I thought about that after I posted it. A Rapidash Evo would be cool, but I think there are some other things that should be done first, like give evolutions/pre-evolutions to the ones that don't evolve already.

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
That is a very good question. Well, Arceus CAN be with the right plate... but that doesn't count in my book.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
a pegasus would be really cool. Surprised there isn't one already yet.

also yeah. i never noticed how theres no pure flying type =p

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
From what I see Flying is nothing but a secondary type under the true attribute of the Pokemon.

See for example, Normal/Flying not being just flying. They're NORMAL (aka nothing special about them) Pokemon that can FLY.
But you go to say Zapdos and it's an ELECTRICAL Pokemon that can FLY.

etc

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Well, what would happen if a pure Flying type used Roost? It becomes ??? type?

That reminds me that I never really checked those idle animations in the trailer...

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I kinda don't understand

Explain please?
Because ??? is not a type that's meant to be used at all in the games except for the move Curse (of which the type doesn't really have a big impact anyway). If we had this theoretical pure Flying type, and it used Roost, it'd be too confusing for people who'd have no idea about what the type is. And considering that it isn't even mentioned by the game that it's a ??? type now, that's be even more muddling.

The only exception to this would probably be something like the Zook CAP we're making right now. That doesn't form a ??? type in battle, it removes it for whatever the opponent has instead.

tl;dr - too difficult for little kids who are the age demographic to grasp.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
From what I see Flying is nothing but a secondary type under the true attribute of the Pokemon.

See for example, Normal/Flying not being just flying. They're NORMAL (aka nothing special about them) Pokemon that can FLY.
But you go to say Zapdos and it's an ELECTRICAL Pokemon that can FLY.

etc
but what about scyther? Its a BUG pokemon that can't FLY but is also a flying type?

related:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Arcues was almost given a ??? type, it's graphics are in the game so it was planned at one time.

This gen MIGHT be the time where it goes beyond idea though. :3

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Arcues was almost given a ??? type, it's graphics are in the game so it was planned at one time.
You don't know that. Nintendo might have put it in so that it doesn't crash the game if some hacker hacked it to be a ??? type (if it didn't, the game would try to load a file that didn't exist and would subsequently freeze). That's the leading theory, if I recall.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Why would they make entirely new graphics for it when they could have just made it point to Normal Arceus' graphics when ??? type?

They wouldn't make new graphics if they only did it for the sake of hackers, they would only make new graphics if they were actually going to be seen.

Mewter

Smash Master
Maybe just for something to look at when testing in development?
Ocarina of Time has arwing graphics in its code programmed as a flying enemy just for the testing.
No one saw it until they hacked. :p

Also, the remixed RSE music was found in HGSS (or was that Platinum?) Anyways, it was leftover stuff that was newly made.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Perhaps making a new sprite would have simply been less time-consuming than reprogramming it to make ??? type an exception to the image change rule or something? Dunno. You'd have to ask somebody who knows more about programming than me.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
They would have had it change to image XXX, where XXX is Arceus' normal image, rather than make a new one.

They programmed it in to use it, but didn't.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I notice that one thing all those unused songs is
a. they're from the previous gen, not a gen before that.
b. they're relatively poor in quality (like, actual composition/instrument usage) as compared to other pieces of music in the same game.

It's relatively safe to say they tested songs by porting them because of a new sound engine, and simply never removed the tracks. If they had planned on using these tracks, they would sound more similar to the tracks in the games.

Mewter

Smash Master
Alright Ultimario, you win. :p

So if you hack Arceus with Roost, it becomes the ??? type after using it?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Alright Ultimario, you win. :p

So if you hack Arceus with Roost, it becomes the ??? type after using it?
Actually, I'm not sure what would happen. Wouldn't Arceus lose its type altogether, therefore not have a type, and crash the game when an attack is used that would calculate its type.

Or maybe it would crash when it tries to get rid of Arceus' type.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I like the boxing gloves, but I don't like the sprite of dragonite. Too... errr.. serious?

Pete278

Smash Lord
That reminds me, I hope Wobbuffet's sprite style goes back to pre-HGSS. I just don't feel the current Wobbuffet sprite. To compare:

It looks like he's laughing maniacally in the current sprite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom