• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
Even if a Pokemon evolution get's "ruined", no one's forcing you to use it. That's the beauty of having so many of them to choose from.

Mewter

Smash Master
No, I mean the actual background.
Like the skyline and stuff. It's moving.

AzureWing

Smash Apprentice
I like it. Only downside to it is that it might cause motion sickness if you leave the animations on.
I really doubt anyone would get motion sickness from a DS game. Unless they were really really sensitive to that sort of thing.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Its really subjective whether or not a pokemon gets 'ruined' with a new evolution. Most of the time, I'd have to say its just nostalgia telling people it got ruined.
Then why do I like Electivire so much?

To me a new evo is bad to me because it really sucks

Just look at Rhyperior >_>....

majora_787

Smash Hero
THREE? Isn't it just...

EDIT: I remembered Meditite and Medicham Nevermind. But yeah, Fighting-Ghost would be a much better one.

I always wanted a Crawdaunt evolution that would be Water-Fighting. That would be awesome.

majora_787

Smash Hero
So it gains a Dark subtype then loses it?

I want more useful Poison types.
I'm almost positive there is at least one pokemon family that has had one type combo and had another type combo after evolving. I dunno what it is, but I am almost positive it exists.

And useful poison types would be nice.

I'm almost positive there is at least one pokemon family that has had one type combo and had another type combo after evolving. I dunno what it is, but I am almost positive it exists.

Oh boy, a Water/Bug typing, that's pretty unique, and made to be fast too!
I wonder what my evolution is going to contribute to the community...
Will it be a lead? Anti-lead? Baton Passer? Sweeper?

Hi guys.

(I would love to see a usefull tanking grass type, or a great non-generic one)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
After seeing that vid at the top I'm like HOLY ****MONKIES!!! The sprites actually move

And I mean move as in they sway a bit while awaiting orders and what not

:D

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;

And useful poison types would be nice.
Azurill and Nincada. Though neither of them are evolutions.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Azurill is normal, and evolves into a water type...
Nincada is Bug/Ground, and evolves into both Bug/Flying and Bug/Ghost.
Surskit is awesome Water/Bug, and evolves into Bug/Flying.

Crawdaunt evolving into a Water/Fighting doesn't sound too bad at all.

EDIT: One of my favorites, Scyther, goes from Bug/Flying to Bug/Steel. There's that, too. I believe Onix also goes from Rock/Ground to Rock/Steel or something like that.
EDIT 2: It becomes Steel/Ground. Close enough.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
No no, I meant that if we went that way the Crawdaunt family would have changed type twice, compared to everything else which changes only once. Closest I can think of to that is the Oddish>Gloom>Bellossum line - Bella loses her Poison type when she evolves.

@PowerBomb - Luxray is a lion, no? Just look at it.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Corphish gained a Dark type. If Crawdaunt evolved into Water/Fighting, that's one type swap. Which is the same.

And the Crawdaunt Evolution could learn more than three moves, being part fighting.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Corphish gained a Dark type. If Crawdaunt evolved into Water/Fighting, that's one type swap. Which is the same.

It would get 1 type swap but it would get 2 type changes which has never happened before. If crawdaunt were to become fighting, it would most likely get it as a split evo (like gallade) not as a completely new pokemon. Gaining a type then losing likely wouldn't work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom