• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Wrath`

Smash Master
I think I get what you are saying, you cant take criticism. I keep saying the same argument, because you have yet to tell me why I can't have my opinion. I just don't get why this urks you so much. And I hate the fact that my first bad criticism might possibly be the close of the shop.

EDIT: I am standing by statment, if all of the CP hates me, so be it.

Blackroserade66

Smash Cadet
Ummmm, question please? *raises hand*

How do we know when our requests are done? Do you PM them, or do we just have to come here and look down that incredibly long and awsome list of cool ideas until we find them?

Just wondering.

WouW

Smash Lord
Koarin, just because you severely pissed on a sprite and entitle it as your opinion doesn't mean it won't have any consequences.

I'm pretty sure you don't know what an artist would feel when he spends a lot of time and work and then it gets pissed upon and then saying that it sucks and looks half-*****.
Not that I am an artist, but still.
Originally Posted by Meta-Kirby
I'm done.
Seriously, it's over, I'm ****ing done.
Pissing on their sprites with things like 'it sucks' and 'half-*****' you WILL offend people. You're like thinking that you can walk up to somebody, say 'your mother is a (rude comment)' and think you can get away with it because it's just a opinion. It doesn't work like that.

Also, it wasn't just criticism, it was more like flaming its *** off. If you wanted to say it's bad, don't use words like 'half-*****' or 'it sucks'.
'It looks to me like it does not have much work put onto it. It could possibly have been made better' sounds infinitely better than your swearing.
Note: above is not my opinion, I think it looks awesome. Good job, MK.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Koarin, just because you severely pissed on a sprite and entitle it as your opinion doesn't mean it won't have any consequences.

I'm pretty sure you don't know what an artist would feel when he spends a lot of time and work and then it gets pissed upon and then saying that it sucks and looks half-*****.
Not that I am an artist, but still.

Pissing on their sprites with things like 'it sucks' and 'half-*****' you WILL offend people. You're like thinking that you can walk up to somebody, say 'your mother is a (rude comment)' and think you can get away with it because it's just a opinion. It doesn't work like that.

Also, it wasn't just criticism, it was more like flaming its *** off. If you wanted to say it's bad, don't use words like 'half-*****' or 'it sucks'.
'It looks to me like it does not have much work put onto it. It could possibly have been made better' sounds infinitely better than your swearing.
Note: above is not my opinion, I think it looks awesome. Good job, MK.

If the above is not your opinion is it valid? Yes I knew that that statement was going to have consequences, but I did not think this drastic, apparently sucked and half a$$ed is a very strong word to Firus and MK, in my area in NY it's not. I full take responsibility for what this has caused.

And if you were to call my mom something, I would shake it off knowing your just blowing off air. I really did not like the sprite, we interpret thing differently, in my opinion (which I guess opinions are wrong) I wasn't pissing an it, if I wanted to piss all over it I could have said a lot worse.

M.K

Level 55
If the above is not your opinion is it valid? Yes I knew that that statement was going to have consequences, but I did not think this drastic, apparently sucked and half a$$ed is a very strong word to Firus and MK, in my area in NY it's not. I full take responsibility for what this has caused.

And if you were to call my mom something, I would shake it off knowing your just blowing off air. I really did not like the sprite, we interpret thing differently, in my opinion (which I guess opinions are wrong) I wasn't pissing an it, if I wanted to piss all over it I could have said a lot worse.
You must be the biggest idiot I have EVER seen in my entire life.
Your statement just BEGS for consequences. Yes, the sprite may not have been exactly what you wanted to see, but there is no reason to give me **** (with no ways to improve) because you have a stick jammed up your ***.
I don't know what ****ing fantasy world pansy world you live in, but it is almost universally understood and comprehended by regular people that those two words are rather insulting or rude. In fact, the words depend solely on the context in which they are used, and you used them in a rude way that doesn't help me at all.
You are an idiot for not defending your own family, if somebody came up to me and started dissing my family, I'd knock their ****ing teeth out. I'm sorry that you have no cares in the world, but normal people defend what they feel is wrong or unjust.
The truth is, I put out a TON of sprites, and it doesn't help that the other members barely contribute to the cause.
And isn't it rather hypocritical for a requester who demands sprites all the time to criticize a sprite so harshly that actually is released?

Wrath`

Smash Master
This argument is getting really stupid. Yes you put out alot of sprites, and they are really good sprites, I just happened to think this one was not good. So I used the words Half a$$ed and sucked, obviously these words hurt you more than they would have hurt me. So as I was posting it, I did not think much about it, cause If that very comment was said to me, It would not have affected me.

If you are proud of your work and the requester was pleased, then that should be all that mattered, I did not request it, so does it matter that I thought it was bad?

I do not know what "Pansy world" you live in were those words cause you to become overly angry. Many areas have different severities of meaning for words. Binghamton NY seems to be a place where these words do not have as much impact as where you live.

Idiot for not defending my own family? If somebody is just blowing of hot air by saying your family is trash, are you going to really haul off and beat the crap out of them? I wouldn't knowing that they are just being stupid and are compensating for something. Now if they were threatening my family, it would be a different issue. I do have cares, but to care so much that one dumb *** is saying stupid things about my family (or in this case, your art), and then to go off and hurt them is stupid in my opinion.

I am not a Spriter, I do not think I have much authority giving you spiriting tips, however I am a person, and if I think something is of much lower quality then you usually do, I will say something. It's only human, or "Normal" as you would say.

I do not want this argument to continue on, I like the shop and want it to continue on, I used a few choice word that I should not have, but It was not to put anyone down, it was just the connotation for words here is different over there.

WouW

Smash Lord
And if you were to call my mom something, I would shake it off knowing your just blowing off air.
Idiot for not defending my own family? If somebody is just blowing of hot air by saying your family is trash, are you going to really haul off and beat the crap out of them? I wouldn't knowing that they are just being stupid and are compensating for something. Now if they were threatening my family, it would be a different issue. I do have cares, but to care so much that one dumb *** is saying stupid things about my family (or in this case, your art), and then to go off and hurt them is stupid in my opinion.
You're missing the point. If a random person would insult your mother you could shrug it off as trashtalking, yes, but we're talking about you flaming Meta-Kirby's sprite - which we know is serious.

I'm gonna stop posting here because you seem to be too dumb to realize your stupidity.

Wrath`

Smash Master
You're missing the point. If a random person would insult your mother you could shrug it off as trashtalking, yes, but we're talking about you flaming Meta-Kirby's sprite - which we know is serious.

I'm gonna stop posting here because you seem to be too dumb to realize your stupidity.
You are not understanding "connotation" of words, as I have said many times, my area would not see that as flaming. So as I typed that message, I did not see that as flaming. I am sorry that Meta took it as flaming his sprite. I am sorry. I if that whole mom thing had nothing to do with the current argument, why bring it up as an example?

I am going to stop, because no one seems to to see the real root of the problem. words mean different things to people, I was stupid for posting that not thinking of how would affect MK, i was not trying to dis MK or provke anger, that is the last thing I would want to do.

I said a couple of wrong words, people make mistakes, it is not like I have constiantly said any spriter's sprite were bad. This is the first time. I know this is not the first for MK or Firus, but I don't want to seem like a **** for a simple error of words

majora_787

Smash Hero
.....So I don't say something completely unrelated, what exactly are you guys arguing about...? I take it I missed several big important things.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
.....So I don't say something completely unrelated, what exactly are you guys arguing about...? I take it I missed several big important things.
I don't mean to sound like a total douche, but Oblivertoise, well kinda sucks sprite-wise, it seems too cratoony and looks like it was half a$$ed.

But this is just my opinion.

This.
And my 2 cents: I wish I could scratch sprites like these so much.

Mewter

Smash Master
I like Rairret.

Obliteroise looks to me like a great idea, although maybe the shading, outline, and pose are a bit awkward. Just my opinion. I still like the idea, though. The one cannon/shell arm thing is very original.

Stop arguing, Meta-Kirby and Koarin. Take this to PM's and resolve it there. This argument cluttering the CPS and no one's going anywhere.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Stop arguing, Meta-Kirby and Koarin. Take this to PM's and resolve it there. This argument cluttering the CPS and no one's going anywhere.
Um...MK said one thing, and I said like, three. We took it to IM already, it's been over for hours now. >_>

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
While I sincerely hope that MK wasn't being serious when he said he was leaving, I thought it would be cool to remind all of you how great his work is. The following are just a few of my favorite sprites that he has made, they're truly amazing. Even though people can be wrong sometimes, and people don't understand eachother sometimes, I think that MK leaving is still kind of not neccesary. Now, I have no idea if he left because of this (the straw that broke the camel's back, as Firus said) or personal issues, so don't hold the previous opinion against me.

I guess this is what you get when you run something and you get no real form of pay or reward for your duties, but sometimes you gotta deal with it, you know? Anyway, I hope this is not the end of the CPS. Even though I hardly post here, I can still say that this is by far one of the better communities on SWF, and I really enjoy your conversations sometimes, haha. I hope you guys can find someway to continue this place, and if not, then oh well, just know that what you've done has been really cool. You've made friends, had fun times, you know you have. Hell, you guys have made it past one year.

Good luck to all. :)

M.K

Level 55
Guys, I haven't said whether or not I'm actually qutting yet.
There have been alot of factors in my life inside and outside these forums that have caused me to consider quitting. The added pressure of producing for the shop and being met with such rude statements doesn't really make me want to continue, but I realize that I've taken upon myself a responsibility that must be upheld.

I love making sprites for you guys, I really do, but when idiots like Koarin come in and bash sprites that do not resemble what you had in your mind, than it makes me wonder if people truly care about these sprites. I'm truly sorry I can't read your mind and make exactly what you think, but until you can best me at spriting and create your own sprites, you'll just have to deal with what I manage to create. Sometimes it's something really stellar and amazing, and other times not so much, but whether or not the sprite looks great or not so good, it should always be appreciated for the effort and dedication. This can be applied to any art form in life. You just have to remember that no matter how beautiful, abstract, or quirky a piece of art looks, their was a man or woman who worked very hard to make it, and whether or not they succeeded, the important thing is that they tried.

Greenstreet and NakeDeDeDe, you guys are great. You two are the epitome of people that would keep me working for the comnunity. Thank you for the overwhelmingly nice compliments on my sprites, it proves to me that at least some people care. Please, keep being amazing people.

EDIT:

NakeDeDeDe, you are completely right. I have made some **** good friends in this shop. Whether or not they would like to admit it, we are really like a family. I would be a horrible person for abandoning my family in a time of recovery. There is no reason to fret just because one immature member reared his ugly head today. I can just sit and laugh at how much of a piss poor attitude he has and keep spriting with a smile on my face.
Firus, bowser, zrky, Mewter, I'm not leaving the shop. I'm staying through until the end. If you all go down in flames, I'll go with you, that's just how it has to be. Together....we do this together, for better or for worse.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Awesome MK.
When I started rocking up in the Pokecenter it was the CPS that got me into making sprites of my own and it would've of sucked if the CPS lost one of its great spriters today.
But thankfully it isn't happening.
I think the moral of the story is, don't take the hard work these guys do for granted. I think we all pick hard sprites to challenge the CPS, so it isn't our place to negatively criticize (as stated earlier, constructive criticism is welcome) the work they put in!

Hooray!

Mewter

Smash Master
Um...MK said one thing, and I said like, three. We took it to IM already, it's been over for hours now. >_>
Oh. Haha, carry on.:laugh:
I wonder what a Venusaur evolution would look like...?
Edit:
~Request~
If it isn't too much trouble, a Venusaur evolution.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
~Request~
Dugtrio/Cleffa Fusion
I think it would be on the cute side of the equation...only if we are good to request atm...

Wrath`

Smash Master
NakeDeDeDe, you are completely right. I have made some **** good friends in this shop. Whether or not they would like to admit it, we are really like a family. I would be a horrible person for abandoning my family in a time of recovery. There is no reason to fret just because one immature member reared his ugly head today. I can just sit and laugh at how much of a piss poor attitude he has and keep spriting with a smile on my face.
Firus, bowser, zrky, Mewter, I'm not leaving the shop. I'm staying through until the end. If you all go down in flames, I'll go with you, that's just how it has to be. Together....we do this together, for better or for worse.
You want it to be over, yet you keep trying to rub it in my face. I never wanted the shop to close. Piss poor attitude? I have said you other sprites were great, but the first time i think not, I become this evil member.

I know this is like a family, families have fights.

I didn't want to say more, but I do not have a piss poor attitude, thank you.
This is the abosolute last thing I am saying.

I like the face on him, looks mean.

M.K

Level 55
You want it to be over, yet you keep trying to rub it in my face. I never wanted the shop to close. Piss poor attitude? I have said you other sprites were great, but the first time i think not, I become this evil member.

I know this is like a family, families have fights.

I didn't want to say more, but I do not have a piss poor attitude, thank you.
This is the abosolute last thing I am saying.

I like the face on him, looks mean.
Wow, really, just let it go. Everyone realizes that you were a jerk, and now you trying to remand it is not working in the least, stop filling the shop with this crap about what I say.
Remember, if what I say is hurtful, just shrug is off! :bee: AMIRITE? Don't continue this little temper tantrum in our shop, kthxbai.

Really liking the colors and the red.....thingy around it! Nice job BK!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Zook, the Fighting-Type Octillery is complete.

Presenting: Hostillery!

I also made a Flygon/Charizard fusion in the spirit of the Flygon texture hack for Charizard in Brawl, which is one of my favorites.

Presenting: Flygonzard!

In order to do this, I revamped Charizard's 3rd gen sprite because I really despise his 4th gen sprite, it's fat and hard to work with.

Here's the original revamp:

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
In Gen I and II, the dimensions of sprites were confined to 56x56 px. In Gen III, 64x64 px. In Gen IV, 80x80 px. For revamping sprites, has resizing to Gen IV proportions ever been considered? ...Yeah, I don't know; I'm stupid...

Also, Hostillery seems like too simple of a recolor. It could pass off as a regular Octillery to the untrained eye. Maybe adding a headband to it like in that one episode of the anime (can't remember which) might make it look more like a fighting type? ...Yeah, what am I thinking; I'm stupid...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In Gen I and II, the dimensions of sprites were confined to 56x56 px. In Gen III, 64x64 px. In Gen IV, 80x80 px. For revamping sprites, has resizing to Gen IV proportions ever been considered? ...Yeah, I don't know; I'm stupid...

Also, Hostillery seems like too simple of a recolor. It could pass off as a regular Octillery to the untrained eye. Maybe adding a headband to it like in that one episode of the anime (can't remember which) might make it look more like a fighting type? ...Yeah, what am I thinking; I'm stupid...
You missed that the end of the tentacles were turned to fists

XACE-K

Smash Master
Hostillery: It's okay but the fists are somewhat unnoticeable. I would scratch boxing gloves onto the tenteacles if I was making this. And jpp8's headband idea could work too.

Flygonizard: I love you. It's that good. Can we request texture hack recolors? I have some ideas that I would like to see.

Blackroserade66

Smash Cadet
Zook, the Fighting-Type Octillery is complete.

Presenting: Hostillery!

I also made a Flygon/Charizard fusion in the spirit of the Flygon texture hack for Charizard in Brawl, which is one of my favorites.

Presenting: Flygonzard!

In order to do this, I revamped Charizard's 3rd gen sprite because I really despise his 4th gen sprite, it's fat and hard to work with.

Here's the original revamp:

Flygonzard looks cool!! It makes me actually not hate Charizards in general :D

By the way, I don't think anyone noticed my request a few pages back, due to the giant argument. Would you mind making it please?

*Request* Dark/Grass type Roserade Evolution chain, I would love it it he petals on Roselia and Roserade were black, hmm. (And please make the Roserade one the correct size for a decent Avi, please?)

I would really appritiate it, thank you!!

M.K

Level 55
In Gen I and II, the dimensions of sprites were confined to 56x56 px. In Gen III, 64x64 px. In Gen IV, 80x80 px. For revamping sprites, has resizing to Gen IV pro

JPuff8, there are actually two types of revamps and devamps.

Regular Re/Devamps do not change the sprite itself, just the colors/shading to match a previous generation.

"True" Re/Devamps change the sprite to meet size requirements and physical anomalies of the generation. The only Pokemon that are subjected to True Re/Devamps are those who did not exist in Gens 1 and 2.

^The above is not actually a True Re/Devamp, but it's the closest thing I could find that I have. If this was a True Devamp, the size would have been changed.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
WOuld he be a dragon/ fire with levitate?

THat wouldn't be that bad.

EDit: WRong quote...

FLygonzard

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Possibly, but that would be much more difficult and my issue with Charizard's 4th gen sprite is how friggin' fat it is, it's the much better size of the 3rd gen sprite that I like.

There was no recoloring other than the added black eye. That's Octillery's Platinum colors. And as was said, I also made the tentacles fists.

Hostillery: It's okay but the fists are somewhat unnoticeable. I would scratch boxing gloves onto the tenteacles if I was making this. And jpp8's headband idea could work too.
I tried the boxing gloves but they looked tacky.

Flygonizard: I love you. It's that good. Can we request texture hack recolors? I have some ideas that I would like to see.
So long as you follow regular request guidelines, yes, you can.

Flygonzard looks cool!! It makes me actually not hate Charizards in general :D
Thanks!

By the way, I don't think anyone noticed my request a few pages back, due to the giant argument. Would you mind making it please?

*Request* Dark/Grass type Roserade Evolution chain, I would love it it he petals on Roselia and Roserade were black, hmm. (And please make the Roserade one the correct size for a decent Avi, please?)

I would really appritiate it, thank you!!
I noticed it, but you aren't requesting properly. Check the rules again.

I'm bumping this for the sake of it not being listed in the OP and not noticing anyone claim it. Post #9536, if you need verification.

Thanks in advance. :)
Oh, wow, I have no clue how I missed that one. Sorry, thanks for bringing that to my attention. It has been added to the appropriate spot on the list.

If Pokemon were real and instead of a Pokemon Spriter you were a Pokemon Experimental-Cross Geneticist, I would steal your Flygonzard the minute it came out of the test tube. Maybe even beforehand...
I want one..
Haha, thanks.

WOuld he be a dragon/ fire with levitate?

THat wouldn't be that bad.
Yes, it would be.

I finished the Darkrai/Togekiss fusion (with Darkrai as the base), Ph33r 210.

Presenting: Togerai!

Top Bottom