• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PnT Tampa Tourney!

OverLade

Smash Hero
Halberd's as good as Master Raven.

Halberds getting hated by FL lolol.

Hes not like this irl though.

FAWK NEEDS 2 POST. ----> *my post count
CO18 is just as good as Seibrik.

CO18 is the ****.

CO18 has braids IRL.

CO18 needs to post. :D

And I can't help getting a lil cocky, I'm excited to "show you my moves".

do the tvs at this venue lag?
Me and Petey noticed no lag, though Polmex insists that there's a slight delay. I guess you'll have to see for yourself. Doesn't bother me though.

OverLade

Smash Hero
eh i'm not gonna waste my time at a noob tournament then i kno that ****s gonna lag
I don't think it was laggy at ALL. And its 250$ for beating a bunch of "noobs", Amirite? And top 8 places all get prizes.

Everyone in this thread is pretty much guaranteed a top spot if they actually enter and the brackets dont pit us against each other initially. :D

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
i remember when i played at the PnT here in ocala at a tournament, they didnt even let you do friendlies beforehand, will they at this one?

OverLade

Smash Hero
i remember when i played at the PnT here in ocala at a tournament, they didnt even let you do friendlies beforehand, will they at this one?
Probably not, but we can all meet at Polmex's house or something like that. Mabye we can meet at my house worst case, but I'll have to work on that (I have an 42" HD, but it lags >_>).

And I swear that I noticed absolutely no lag whatsoever on the TVs. I dunno about Friendlies, but you can usually play there any time of the day, so I don't see why It'd be that much different.

I hope they record though. Somone bring a fricken camera.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
The TV's are actually quite nice there, no lag whatsoever in my personal experience.

@HRnut:: You can register at the day of tournament but I think it's $15 then.

If you get there early enough you can definitely play friendlies.

@REDHALBERD:: Up to this point I haven't seen them record, so someone should definitely bring a camera. (Yay, I might actually get recorded matches lol!)

OverLade

Smash Hero
The TV's are actually quite nice there, no lag whatsoever in my personal experience.

@HRnut:: You can register at the day of tournament but I think it's $15 then.

If you get there early enough you can definitely play friendlies.

@REDHALBERD:: Up to this point I haven't seen them record, so someone should definitely bring a camera. (Yay, I might actually get recorded matches lol!)
I dont have a camera at the moment, so someone please bring a camera or some form of recording device >_>.

And Hrnut I want friendlies if thats cool wit u. :D

BTW Does anyone have a Dazzle/Capture card in the tampa area? I'm working on a combo video, but my DVD broke. I have all the footage recorded to VHS tapes, but can't transfer them to DVD.

I have plenty of blank DVD-R's. Anyone have the generosity to visit me, and convert the VHS tapes to DVD files? That'd be amazing. :D

OverLade

Smash Hero
im prob not goin to this.....due to its prob full and i got work....but polmex u better win and give me the credit so i can get a wii...
I called them up, and they said they have about 50 people, but won't cap it until Saturday. So EVERYONE still has time to sign up. Apparently they're willing to accept more than 64 people if that many want to sign up.

But on the real, I can't see how I'm going to spend 250$s on purely wii stuff. Do they have capture cards or anything cool there?

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
I know I sound cocky when I say I'm the best, but I'm more than willing to prove it to anyone who doesn't beleive me.
The best? nah. i have to admit though i havnt been beaten in MK dittos in a looooooong time but our games were close enough. gimme some time to study gliding and that up DI out of d-throw and it will get closer. your great thats not questionable but you think u can really top m2k or azen? (maybe m2k in MK dittos but ur not the only one who can win mk dittos vs m2k). and i think i would say that d3 vs mk is in d3's favor without tornado. and the biggest problem i see is that even if you are the best, how many of the current best go around saying "i can beat you you and you and i beat you and you and im the best." imo its not something one goes around saying and it gets irritating. but hey if you are good thats your choice to go around boasting about it. just dont tell people your the best, let other people judge that on their own once you have showed them what you can do you know? once again.....no hate....just sayin....

oh and shield and patience works well on tornado for most characters

OverLade

Smash Hero
The best? nah. i have to admit though i havnt been beaten in MK dittos in a looooooong time but our games were close enough. gimme some time to study gliding and that up DI out of d-throw and it will get closer. your great thats not questionable but you think u can really top m2k or azen? (maybe m2k in MK dittos but ur not the only one who can win mk dittos vs m2k). and i think i would say that d3 vs mk is in d3's favor without tornado. and the biggest problem i see is that even if you are the best, how many of the current best go around saying "i can beat you you and you and i beat you and you and im the best." imo its not something one goes around saying and it gets irritating. but hey if you are good thats your choice to go around boasting about it. just dont tell people your the best, let other people judge that on their own once you have showed them what you can do you know? once again.....no hate....just sayin....

oh and shield and patience works well on tornado for most characters
Not to sound like I'm johning, but I suck horribly at MK dittos, and they're extremely difficult to get an advantage in. Dittos don't prove skill compared to mixed matches, because you can't rely on all the same mindgames and strategies, so the best player doesn't necessarily win.

And Gmoney did very well vs. M2K and I beat Gmoney, so I'm really not that worried about that, though I'm not saying I'd win. Besides, my Falco did a much better job of displaying my skill, since it 2 stocked ur MK by a huge margin. I'm not good at Dittos, but using another character (Bowser, Falco, GaW) I can negate the stale mindgames necessary for MK dittos.

But regardless, I'm here to show everyone how good I am, even if it takes a lil enticement lol.

sure, i'll use IC's
Falco vs. Ice climbers? That's like a **** unfair matchup XD. No MM then >_>. Or I can use MK if you dont mind.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
And Gmoney did very well vs. M2K
lol no he didn't. and even then, thats horrible scrub logic you've got there

Red halberd, or whoever you are, you don't even place well in Florida. How can you even say you are the best. I bet even petey is better than you LOL Regardless of if you beat him with falco or not. I remember him telling me at a smashfest that he sucks **** vs falco.

OverLade

Smash Hero
lol no he didn't.

Red halberd, or whoever you are, you don't even place well in Florida. How can you even say you are the best. I bet even petey is better than you LOL
He got one stocked low percents both times, that's very well considering he's up against the best player in the US (I'm referring to FAST1).

OverLade

Smash Hero
but he didn't even get a game off of him lol how is that good? >__>

who cares about the stock count, he still lost. and thats hardly good.
How many people beat M2K in actual tournament brackets, more less take a match off of him? Not many.

Red halberd, or whoever you are, you don't even place well in Florida. How can you even say you are the best. I bet even petey is better than you LOL Regardless of if you beat him with falco or not. I remember him telling me at a smashfest that he sucks **** vs falco.
I've only been in ONE TOURNAMENT in Florida and the rest I played is online thanks. And I never said I was the best in Florida, there are plenty of people I'm very sure would beat me.

Might as well be an ******* now that you've irked me.

I beat Petey's Metaknight with Metaknight twice, 2 stocked it with Falco, and 1 stocked him with Bowser, so please don't make statements like that.

I 2 stocked Polmex's Snake with MK while Petey lost to it 3 times in a row.

And saying you suck against a character is a john unless it's a bad matchup, and Metaknight has the advantage over everyone. >_>

And concerning my attitude, I just have a small vendetta against the fact that I really don't have the option to go prancing around to tournaments to prove myself. So anytime I'm actually going somewhere I have to make a big deal about it. I'm sorry about bragging and sounding like a douche, but It's EXTREMELY irritating when people underestimate me even after I've beaten many well known pros and crap. When I finally Graduate I'll come out more and be more chill about it, but right now I'm just sick and tired of high school drama, marching band, and not being able to brawl as much as I want.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
How many people beat M2K in actual tournament brackets, more less take a match off of him? Not many.

I've only been in ONE TOURNAMENT in Florida and the rest I played is online thanks. And I never said I was the best in Florida, there are plenty of people I'm very sure would beat me.

Might as well be an ******* now that you've irked me.

I beat Petey's Metaknight with Metaknight twice, 2 stocked it with Falco, and 1 stocked him with Bowser, so please don't make statements like that.

I 2 stocked Polmex's Snake with MK while Petey lost to it 3 times in a row.

And saying you suck against a character is a john unless it's a bad matchup, and Metaknight has the advantage over everyone. >_>
Ok, so your better than petey, congrats, but your deffinatly not the best.

And concerning my attitude, I just have a small vendetta against the fact that I really don't have the option to go prancing around to tournaments to prove myself. So anytime I'm actually going somewhere I have to make a big deal about it. I'm sorry about bragging and sounding like a douche, but It's EXTREMELY irritating when people underestimate me even after I've beaten many well known pros and crap. When I finally Graduate I'll come out more and be more chill about it, but right now I'm just sick and tired of high school drama, marching band, and not being able to brawl as much as I want.
You're attitude is fine wtf lol

Wait, who have you beaten thats well known?

You're not sounding like a douche, but it looks ******** when you say stuff like that.

I haven't been to a tourney in like two months, let alone play somebody better than me in that period, but that doesn't mean I have to brag about what small pointless acomplishments I've put out, now does it?

So stop. Win this tourney or stfu plz.

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
my money's on redhalberd!, but yeah redhalberd i'll MM you with your MK with my IC's...only like 2 bucks though....IC's vs MK = horrible matchup...but whatever its 2 bucks...so you down?

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
this post should be closed asap..... redhalberd lol i kno u might be cool irl but seriously get the fvck off your own c0ck and stop talking about yourself, nobody gives a fvck if your the best player in mwfl, nobody even gives a fvck about mwfl....so seriously stop arguing with cash mooney about you being the best lol its so fcking stupid....thanks!!

edit: and you haven't beaten any pros lol....there are no brawl pros and if talking about melee ill mm you anyday my samus vs ur whatever

OverLade

Smash Hero
Ok, so your better than petey, congrats, but your deffinatly not the best.

You're attitude is fine wtf lol

Wait, who have you beaten thats well known?

You're not sounding like a douche, but it looks ******** when you say stuff like that.

I haven't been to a tourney in like two months, let alone play somebody better than me in that period, but that doesn't mean I have to brag about what small pointless acomplishments I've put out, now does it?

So stop. Win this tourney or stfu plz.
Alright, I apologize to everyone Ive offended. Instead, I'll just money match ALL of you to prove myself.

And about winning the tourney, guess we'll find out.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
Alright, I apologize to everyone Ive offended. Instead, I'll just money match ALL of you to prove myself.

And about winning the tourney, guess we'll find out.
I'm up, but I'd prefer it be a melee MM instead.

if not name your terms.

this post should be closed asap..... redhalberd lol i kno u might be cool irl but seriously get the fvck off your own c0ck and stop talking about yourself, nobody gives a fvck if your the best player in mwfl, nobody even gives a fvck about mwfl....so seriously stop arguing with cash mooney about you being the best lol its so fcking stupid....thanks!!

edit: and you haven't beaten any pros lol....there are no brawl pros and if talking about melee ill mm you anyday my samus vs ur whatever
Samus abe do you play melee still? I want some real matches in, unlike the ones we played out last time where u were rusty :(

OverLade

Smash Hero
I'm up, but I'd prefer it be a melee MM instead.

if not name your terms.

Samus abe do you play melee still? I want some real matches in, unlike the ones we played out last time where u were rusty :(
I never got into the competitive melee scene. I can barely wavedash or shorthop.

Id you're down for brawl.

2/3 Neutrals only, CP characters. 5$?

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
Stages set to random:

Yoshi's Island (DS version)
Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination

Counterpicks available:
Lylat Cruise
Delphino Plaza
Norfair
Halberd
Castle Siege
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium
Luigis Mansion

Modified DSR will be in effect as well as stage striking

But Im up for Falco vs. MK. Its a fun and challenging matchup.
lmao, if you say so.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Stages set to random:

Yoshi's Island (DS version)
Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination

Counterpicks available:
Lylat Cruise
Delphino Plaza
Norfair
Halberd
Castle Siege
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium
Luigis Mansion

Modified DSR will be in effect as well as stage striking

lmao, if you say so.
Meh, rules are fine. What Im used to. But whats modified DSR?

And can you bring a camera. It'd be awsome if we could record these matches.

Top Bottom