• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PnT Tampa Tourney!

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Alrighty, big singles tournament in Tampa at the local Play N Trade!

September 21st @ 12p.m.

$15 to register

Grand Prize is $250

Top 8 will earn prizes

3 stock/6 Min Time limit

All matches on Battlefield

Same Character throughout

No items

Consolation Tourney if you are eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round.

Bring your own controller!

Good luck to ya if ya come!

Figure I would try to help my buddies at the local PlayNTrade get an awesome turnout at this tournament since the 1st one was pretty good to begin with.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Ok, so I decided to not be lazy and find out the information for myself.

PlayNTrade o' Tampa said:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament

September 21, 2PM

Grand Prize - $250

Top 8 Wins Prizes

1 v 1 Single Elimination

Consolation Tournament for contestants eliminated in the first and second round.

All matches 3 stock/6 minute time limit

No items

Played on Battlefield Stage

Must use same character throughout entire tournament.

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER!

Here's the website: http://playntrade.com/Tampa

and the address:
* 12925 N. Dale Mabry Hwy
* Tampa
* Florida, 33618
* United States of America
* At the intersection of Dale Mabry and Fletcher

and for those who wish to inquire more:
PHONE: 813-269-PLAY

edit: This is on a friggin' Sunday.... I can't go and neither can Monk. We both work on Sunday's... Scary, you should see if they can get future tournaments on Saturdays. That's when most of us can get off to come to these things.

double edit: This is also the day after Brawl Wars... so I'm gonna be broke anyways.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
sunday? lol, gigabits > NFL > all other brawl tourneys

besides, its only store credit

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Could you ask them to transfer the store credit to a PNT in you're area?

If they could do that, it'd be worth it I guess. This way you don't have to go spend a bunch of money on games at another store.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Could you ask them to transfer the store credit to a PNT in you're area?

If they could do that, it'd be worth it I guess. This way you don't have to go spend a bunch of money on games at another store.
i dunno, you call and ask them. Im not going to this, so my care-meter isnt moving

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Well I'm not going to call,... seeing as I'm already working that day. Unless they change the date to a Saturday other than the day previous to the original date.

So,... as for this subject, I'm not very caring either if the date stays.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
there really arent any new games that i want really...well, maybe tales of vesperia, and the new star wars...and i do need another 360 controller and/or wiimote nunchuk...and i do need final fantasy tactics a2 or some wii/XBLA points...or the one piece wii game...

hmm, i need alot of game-related stuff. ill have to rethink if i wanna come to this or not. Its quite painful knowing that ill be missing NFL though. i hope theres a sportsbar nearby

OverLade

Smash Hero
OMG FINALLY A TOURNEY in Tampa. This is like 15 minutes away from where I live. :D

Im so in, and I can bring a TV and Wii if it's needed.

Master Raven

Smash Master
There are a couple rules I feel are rather silly.

1) Why Battlefield only? That doesn't make sense, and 2) I think character switching should be allowed, unless you wanna be like the Japanese where you're forced to stick with one character the whole tourney.

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
****, Sunday's a double edge sword. I don't work Sunday so I'm free, but Lime's usually my ride to tourneys and he works Sundays. SO unless I get another ride I can't go.
T.T

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
It's a Play N Trade,...
This is why the rules are so messed up. They don't know the way we run things in our world of Smash. They should be schooled, but it doesn't seem they want to learn.

edit: freddy, I'm not sure I want to go if it's for store credit anyways. We'd be better off hanging out or something.

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
I need more 'flight time' against more characters. I can't get better by playing the same people all the time (even if I still lose to them).

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
You'll be fine. You're Kirby is coming along. As long as you do keep fighting us, you'll get a general playstyle down that works. You just need to get that down.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Sorry that I haven't been on in a little bit. Really busy day of classes.

I'll ask if I can get some to be held on Saturdays and on other days possibly but as far as I know they really like holding tournaments on Sundays....personal preference perhaps?

Did I really forget to put the date on it!? My fault, it was really late and I was being sloppy lol.

@Lime Backwards, not really certain if its possible to get credit transferred...that would be cool.

About the rules, I really don't care for them at all, I would probably allow everyone to yell at them for rule changes since I myself had never participated in a tourney where I could counterpick and change character. One day soon I hope.

Hope to see many of you guys there, perhaps you guys can force some changes.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Sorry that I haven't been on in a little bit. Really busy day of classes.

I'll ask if I can get some to be held on Saturdays and on other days possibly but as far as I know they really like holding tournaments on Sundays....personal preference perhaps?

Did I really forget to put the date on it!? My fault, it was really late and I was being sloppy lol.

@Lime Backwards, not really certain if its possible to get credit transferred...that would be cool.

About the rules, I really don't care for them at all, I would probably allow everyone to yell at them for rule changes since I myself had never participated in a tourney where I could counterpick and change character. One day soon I hope.

Hope to see many of you guys there, perhaps you guys can force some changes.
Oh, don't change the date, we have a tournament the day before so it'd conflict with our tourney...just saying...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Lets go GDX, if i win i'll give you the left over change to get a controller of your liking...they'll record that game....i need and XBOX...:(
if you're trying to get a xbox 360, you're not gonna have any leftover change left. You'll need more money to get a premium

i dunno...we'll have to talk about it later. I'd really like to be back in my hometown by 8:30pm that sunday

OverLade

Smash Hero
Consolation Tourney if you are eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round.
That's pretty gay, no losers bracket?

And I really can't see many good people at this tournament.

There's no one THAT good in tampa....except me. :D

Smash your MoM

Smash Ace
imma see if i can make this...im goin to try and get my car fixed 100% tomar...if it is than im down for this....hollerrrrrrrr playerrrrr

ps ill give $100 cash for 1st place store credit...

Top Bottom