• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PnT Tampa Tourney!

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Oh, don't change the date, we have a tournament the day before so it'd conflict with our tourney...just saying...
I know, where's the tournament that's being held on the Saturday? I want to try and get into more tournaments and play the best around...**** that sounds so lame lol, but I know I would have fun in seeing where I stand.

CO18

Smash Hero
Yeah but c.falcon def has the adv over mk so im not surprised he can't beat my falcon.

Probably 9:1 in falcon's favor.

OverLade

Smash Hero
My falcon is like this guy's falcon.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HlfFecm2otE

Mines is probably only 5x better though so he's pretty good.
CO18 isn't lying, he 3 stocks my Metaknight even if I spam nado.

He's better than this guy.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-GowBED9e14

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-0BPHc6HYvU&feature=related

CO18's falcon also 2 stocked M2K's Metaknight on Rainbow cruise with a handicap of 360% in 3 minutes. The replay is saved on my Wii. :D

OverLade

Smash Hero
look at azen
LOTS of ppl have good Captain Falcons. But no captain falcon will ever beat a good Metaknight, or GaW. Against most of the cast Falcon has almost NO advantage. If Azen only used captain falcon, he might place higher than the average Falcon, but he'd never make is into the top 8. He has NOTHING on some characters.

lamugi

Smash Lord
LOTS of ppl have good Captain Falcons. But no captain falcon will ever beat a good Metaknight, or GaW. Against most of the cast Falcon has almost NO advantage. If Azen only used captain falcon, he might place higher than the average Falcon, but he'd never make is into the top 8. He has NOTHING on some characters.
he's won tournaments with cf.......

Dj nintendo beat rx with bowser, its all about the mindgames son!

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna be there, how about all of you use CF and give me the 250 dollars store credit? Free PSP and some more with that money

Edit:...is this really single elimination with only battlefield? what is that...? lol

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Lemme reiterate this yet again....

This is Play N Trade... they don't know how we run tournaments. When you get there (and you might not even be able to enter because it's early registration, meaning, all the spots may be taken by the time you get there) you probably can persuade them to change the rules.

CO18

Smash Hero
Halberd can brag though. Hes sooooo friggin GOOD!

Like i said he can alomst beat my cf with mk = Best mk in the world.

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
yo CO18 the only match i saw was the on vs. you and Rx-, and i heard you were really good...and during my match i heard a load of people cheering, was your match with fearless epic or something? ...and btw did you shake Rx's hand after your match or naw? cause if i were you dude halfway through that last match i wouldve just got up and left saying nothing. That was really shameless.

CO18

Smash Hero
yo CO18 the only match i saw was the on vs. you and Rx-, and i heard you were really good...and during my match i heard a load of people cheering, was your match with fearless epic or something? ...and btw did you shake Rx's hand after your match or naw? cause if i were you dude halfway through that last match i wouldve just got up and left saying nothing. That was really shameless.
My matches with fearless were close but I dont remember cheering.

My friend's MK18 matches vs Fearless were epic yet lame and there was cheering during that match.

My friend got gayed..

But no I just said GG and left after my matches with rx

OverLade

Smash Hero
u talk a lotttttttta **** and brag a liiiiilllll tooo much.....ima be there, even if u r joking....lets be real....
I wasn't being absolutely serious, but lets be honest.

I really have no respect for the way you and Rx play. Sure, play to win if you want, but there's a point where if Nado is the only thing that can save you, just take the loss. I don't care how much money is on the line, I'm not going to take the fun out of the game for anybody just to win. Metaknight is already the best character even without nado.

Spam if you want, but if you play me, you'll find that Nadospam doesn't work for **** in Metaknight dittos.

I'd really be happy to enter a tourney just to knock out Rx really.

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
Lemme reiterate this yet again....

This is Play N Trade... they don't know how we run tournaments. When you get there (and you might not even be able to enter because it's early registration, meaning, all the spots may be taken by the time you get there) you probably can persuade them to change the rules.

NO. simple answer you cannot. i go to the PnT consistently and beg to the owner constantly and give him a bunch of evidence why character locking and 'all BF' is crap. he will not be swayed trust me

OverLade

Smash Hero
lol @ people who dont know how to fight mk even tho they play high/top tier characters
There's no way to fight nadospam with some characters. MK, Snake, and GaW are the only characters with easy ways to fight nado. Everyone else it depends how well your opponent can pressure and spam nado.

Everyone says "FIND AWAY AROUND NADO". Well for half of the cast there IS NO WAY AROUND NADO. PERIOD.

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
I wasn't being absolutely serious, but lets be honest.

I really have no respect for the way you and Rx play. Sure, play to win if you want, but there's a point where if Nado is the only thing that can save you, just take the loss. I don't care how much money is on the line, I'm not going to take the fun out of the game for anybody just to win. Metaknight is already the best character even without nado.

Spam if you want, but if you play me, you'll find that Nadospam doesn't work for **** in Metaknight dittos.

I'd really be happy to enter a tourney just to knock out Rx really.
...im pretty sure i dont nado spam dude... i think i have only been guilty of that once for 1 round vs monk (sorry monk but fireballs and bair<nado soooo). please dont put me on the same level as Rx, im pretty sure some other people here can vouch for me when i say i dont nado spam, like seriously, Rx will use ONE move when hes losing. but really redhal i dont wanna cause conflict because ELE!!!!!!! (everybody love everybody), i just get irritated when you repeatedly claim that your the only one good in tampa. come on, you gotta feel me here: "There's no one THAT good in tampa....except me". lighten up? i like u dude no reason to start stuff!
oh and "I'd really be happy to enter a tourney just to knock out Rx really" <-----Me too bro

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
There's no way to fight nadospam with some characters. MK, Snake, and GaW are the only characters with easy ways to fight nado. Everyone else it depends how well your opponent can pressure and spam nado.

Everyone says "FIND AWAY AROUND NADO". Well for half of the cast there IS NO WAY AROUND NADO. PERIOD.
not tru.....maybe only d3 and CF cant do anything....but i think thats about it...could be wrong....but theyre are techniques that u can do to make things a lot easier with nado

OverLade

Smash Hero
...im pretty sure i dont nado spam dude... i think i have only been guilty of that once for 1 round vs monk (sorry monk but fireballs and bair<nado soooo). please dont put me on the same level as Rx, im pretty sure some other people here can vouch for me when i say i dont nado spam, like seriously, Rx will use ONE move when hes losing. but really redhal i dont wanna cause conflict because ELE!!!!!!! (everybody love everybody), i just get irritated when you repeatedly claim that your the only one good in tampa. come on, you gotta feel me here: "There's no one THAT good in tampa....except me". lighten up? i like u dude no reason to start stuff!
oh and "I'd really be happy to enter a tourney just to knock out Rx really" <-----Me too bro
CO18 told me otherwise, since you were in his pool during FAST1. CO18 has a TON of Meta experience. He told me the only reason you won was because of nadospam, which sucks, because CO lost to Rx at FAST1, and got 9th after losing to Rx at Gigs. I think he'd probably be as well known as Seibrik if it werent for nadospamming MK's (Seibrik CP's snake).

And I haven't played much of tampa, but honestly, Tampa isn't on the FL map period. Miami and Orlando seem to be what everyones talking about, and I've the only one whos really placed. I'm not gonna make any more blatant statements, but I think Tampa really needs to step it up.

not tru.....maybe only d3 and CF cant do anything....but i think thats about it...
Lol, No. HALF THE CAST. Heres a basic rundown of who can handle nadospam.

Metaknight - yes
Snake - yes
King DDD - Utilt, Dsmash, Dtilt, and bair, all of which are slow or situational
Mr G&W - yes
Falco - Lasers, Reflector...works pretty well
ROB - Robo beam, Ftilt

High
Marth - Counter works fine
Wario- - Can outmanuver nado
Lucario - Fsmash and Aura sphere work
DK - Giant punch and Ftilt, though both are situational
Diddy - Forward B and bananas
Pikachu - Nothing really
IC - Nothing really
Kirby - Fsmash, that's it, and most of kirby is air game
Pit - Ftilt which is slow, or Fsmash, which is laggy
Wolf - Laser works pretty well

Middle
Toon Link - Bombs work well
Olimar - Grab
Fox - Nothing works well
Zelda - Dins fire, nothing works at closer range
Zamus - Forward B, forward Smash
Bowser - Ftilt
Luigi - nothing
Peach - dunno
Ike - Counter
Shiek - dunno

Low
Lucas - Nothing fast enough
Ness - same
Mario - nothing
Pokemon Trainer - dunno
Samus - nothing fast enough
Yoshi - nothing fast enough
Sonic - Nothing fast enough
Jigglypuff - Nothing fast enough
Ganondorf - nothing fast enough
Link - Projectile spam
Cptn. Falcon - nothing

Funny how the tier list basically runs down to who can handle nado and who can't. If you play the way Rx does, even characters WITH ways to counter nado can't necessarily use them. Metaknight will eventually make 60% of the cast unplayable, simply because you have to be "nice" in order to lose.

CO18

Smash Hero
we need to play hal and i need you to spam nado to see if my new tricks are working.

also i dont get mad at people for nado spamming since it works and theyre trying to win.

Its obviously still annoying and frustrating though, like i really cant think of anything else i couldve done vs rx in that set but im working on somethings.

I wasnt good against mk at fast either hal, that was around the period of time where you would handle me pretty easily where as now were about 50/50.

But my vs mk game has improved tenfold since then.

Just rx is like an expert nadoer lol I can deal with other nado spam now but his is 2 gud. XD

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
I'm an IC's main, and thats so wrong...played 2 MK players at Gigs, beat both of them...the only two chars i cannot beat with my IC's is realllyyy good snakes, and...D3...which is my worstttt CP...i lost to Afro and Colbol and got like 14th, but yeah...IC's down B = anti-nado...just try nado'ing against my ice climbers mang. :D

OverLade

Smash Hero
lol did u seriously type all that up???

i beat rx 2-0 at fast with wario man, get over it and just fvcking man up
Like i said, Wario is one of the few characters that can avoid being gayed simply because the nature of his moves. I know A LOT about this game. I haven't calculated what percents moves kill at with perfect DI....but I know a LOT about this game.

And I main Metaknight. So I hate nadospam not because I have ANY trouble dealing with it, I hate it because it gives Metaknight players a bad name and takes out the fun of fighting against metaknight.

we need to play hal and i need you to spam nado to see if my new tricks are working.

also i dont get mad at people for nado spamming since it works and theyre trying to win.

Its obviously still annoying and frustrating though, like i really cant think of anything else i couldve done vs rx in that set but im working on somethings.

I wasnt good against mk at fast either hal, that was around the period of time where you would handle me pretty easily where as now were about 50/50.

But my vs mk game has improved tenfold since then.

Just rx is like an expert nadoer lol I can deal with other nado spam now but his is 2 gud. XD
Lol well I'm sure you gotten way better in that case, cuz last time we played, I mightve won 3-2 or something like that, all of the matches being close.

Lol @ gud nadospam thoguh XD. I still have something of the "EVERYBODY SWITCHED TO MY MAIN AND MADE HIM GAY" animosity though.

lol... dash attack? pk fire? FAIR??? all of these go through tornado thank you
I'm talking about practical application dude. I mean if someone was ONLY using Nado against you....what moves would you throw at him? PK fire is WAYY to flow and Dash attack is too clumsy. Hell, just ask yoru friend to spam nado, and see how many nadoes you actually counter using those moves.

In THEORY, everyone has a way to deal with nadospam, but the practical application of most of the moves makes them useless.

My 20c.

edit: Oh, and if Rx didn't spam nado, I probably would've 2 stocked him with Kirby in the matches we had.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Ike can also take the tornado with basically all his aerials (Nair and Dair work if you hit the top center) + Fsmash and Eruption, but Fair is easily the best option. I really like fighting MKs with Ike.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Mario - nothing
Mario has Fireballs/nair/dair from above, dair/occasionally bair from the side, Usmash/up-b from below...

your source is pretty off...I'm not gunna talk **** or whatever...but you can't exactly say you're the best in WFL when you haven't played anyone in the area...I know for a fact Petey is good...and don't even get me stared on Polmex. "Tampa isn't on that FL map" I don't know about you but there are quite a few people all over that know of me...so maybe you need to step it up

...im pretty sure i dont nado spam dude... i think i have only been guilty of that once for 1 round vs monk (sorry monk but fireballs and bair<nado soooo).
it's no big deal...I still didn't know anything about the match-up so I pretty much lost anyway...next time though I'm coming out on top

CO18

Smash Hero
Like i said, Wario is one of the few characters that can avoid being gayed simply because the nature of his moves. I know A LOT about this game. I haven't calculated what percents moves kill at with perfect DI....but I know a LOT about this game.

And I main Metaknight. So I hate nadospam not because I have ANY trouble dealing with it, I hate it because it gives Metaknight players a bad name and takes out the fun of fighting against metaknight.

Lol well I'm sure you gotten way better in that case, cuz last time we played, I mightve won 3-2 or something like that, all of the matches being close.

Lol @ gud nadospam thoguh XD. I still have something of the "EVERYBODY SWITCHED TO MY MAIN AND MADE HIM GAY" animosity though.

I'm talking about practical application dude. I mean if someone was ONLY using Nado against you....what moves would you throw at him? PK fire is WAYY to flow and Dash attack is too clumsy. Hell, just ask yoru friend to spam nado, and see how many nadoes you actually counter using those moves.

In THEORY, everyone has a way to deal with nadospam, but the practical application of most of the moves makes them useless.

My 20c.

edit: Oh, and if Rx didn't spam nado, I probably would've 2 stocked him with Kirby in the matches we had.
Correction I won 3-2. 2-2 vs mk. 1-0 vs falco. You almost had it. lol

But yeah anyway theyre close same with my matches with raven

OverLade

Smash Hero
Correction I won 3-2. 2-2 vs mk. 1-0 vs falco. You almost had it. lol

But yeah anyway theyre close same with my matches with raven
Oh yeah I remember that. >_> I did beat your D3 once with Falco though. I'm still working on that matchup. The gordos make a huge difference as far as turning around the matches though.

Mario has Fireballs/nair/dair from above, dair/occasionally bair from the side, Usmash/up-b from below...

your source is pretty off...I'm not gunna talk **** or whatever...but you can't exactly say you're the best in WFL when you haven't played anyone in the area...I know for a fact Petey is good...and don't even get me stared on Polmex. "Tampa isn't on that FL map" I don't know about you but there are quite a few people all over that know of me...so maybe you need to step it up
I don't think any of those work Horizontally in the air. And It wasn't from a source or anything, It was just off the top of my head. There's a thread listing what moves work somewhere in Tactical Discussion.

And sure, I don't have a reputation for myself because I've been unable to attend any tournaments...except FAST1, where I got 13th and beat many well known players from FL and around the US that attended. I haven't played Petey enough, which I'd like to change, but last time I played him in MK dittos I beat him both times.
And in that case, tell Polmex to attend this tourney so I can play him.

I know I sound cocky when I say I'm the best, but I'm more than willing to prove it to anyone who doesn't beleive me.

Ike can also take the tornado with basically all his aerials (Nair and Dair work if you hit the top center) + Fsmash and Eruption, but Fair is easily the best option. I really like fighting MKs with Ike.
Ike's spacing > Nado. It's actually a good matchup, though in reality MK has a huge advantage.

Top Bottom