• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Quil

Smash Apprentice
I'd offer my services (dual G&Ws) but I'm skipping out this week. I'm gonna be busy on Saturday so I'll be missing this one. I'll see you guys for Brawl next Friday.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
OMFG! Finally

...took me 2 hours to read all this and catch up. I started at around page 897.

I'm glad Hax apologized to Wes and all that, hopefully there is no more of that. It was actually surprising to see those posts since I though you guys were cool with eachother.

I guess that's the downfall of being in a crew. Your crew members say crap and you feel like you have to defend them, then of course it gets you in the heat and you prob have to turn against people you probably don't really hate.

...Oh well

My .02 cents on Brawl vs. Melee if anyone still cares lawlz.

First off, I like Brawl a lot. I like Melee too (I happened to be one of 3 dedicated Samus mains in NYC so of course I liked it:laugh:)...in fact I still watch Melee vids whenever I'm bored. Why? Because they're simply amazing. Anyway, that's besides the point. The fact is....Brawl is the newer game and I feel that even with it's quirks (tripping, HELLA CHEAP chaingrabs WAY WORSE than melee, no L-cancelling, the list goes on and on..) that it still makes for a good fighter that has enough depth to prove a difference in skill between two opponents.

The argument that Hax brought up earlier with the fact that n00bs are keeping up with Pros is almost irrelevant as this is still a fairly new game and it's not exactly like Melee. The type of skill required to be amazing at Melee may not apply that much to Brawl. For some reason, a lot of people are under the assumption that because they were pro at Melee they're magically supposed to be pro at Brawl.

Sure it's the same game in the sense that it's part of a series but you can't say things like this game takes less skill than the previous one because a previous "n00b" got me down to 1- stock. Or "someone that couldn't touch me in Melee just beat me in Brawl" That's ridiculous it's like saying "because I **** this guy at Street Fighter Alpha I should be able to **** him in Third Strike" or "Third Strike sucks because the same n00bs I fought in Alpha are beating me"....

See how much sense it makes when it's applied to another series? Barely any....

Now of course you can say things like "but the same pros in Melee are doing good in Brawl without practicing". I can't deny that...it's definitely true..which is why I don't understand why they complain. But all I'll say is those same "pros" are picking characters like Snake, Meta, DDD to ease their way to victory without practicing while other players are struggling really hard with characters they actually like to make them good *cough* Zero Suit, Falco, Fox, Olimar, Ike, Sonic, Zelda, Peach and others... the players know who they are.

Anyway that's just to say these players are playing with non top tier characters while the Snake and Meta players walk their way down easy street taking top 5. Is it really skill or just people flocking to the top tiers?

I really wonder if everyone picked Meta or Snake for a tourney if those same people that go to weeklies without practice would be in the top 5...or even top 10. I truly doubt it...

NO OFFENSE TO THOSE WHO PLAY CHARACTERS BECAUSE IT FITS THEIR STYLE. Shadow for sure you didn't flock to Metaknight, you were one of the first...and also Leo for playing with DEDEDE before he was beast.

I know it's a tourney...and you have to be as cheap as possible...but you can't say stuff like "I don't play this game and I still take top 5" because guess what...you most likely pick SNAKE or META. And incase you haven't noticed...NYC as a whole doesn't know how to fight vs these two characters yet. Some ..however are on the brink of figuring them out, with a little help of course. ;)

Now if you didn't practice and took top 5 with Sonic or Falcon or Samus or Bowser ...then I will officially quit Brawl and go back to Melee. PROMISE :)

(This post has been color coded so even ******* can read it)

pfft.. wow... lol zelda is not low tier, nor is falco..

i use meta cuz he's awesome though.. not in brokenness but cuz his character is cool. same reason i would think of picking up on dedede because he's one of my favorite characters out of the brawl ine up.

i mostly go for characters that have multiple jumps ... i mained puff in melee so yup lol

anyone wannnaaa mm tomorrow ?

Snakeee

Smash Master
pfft.. wow... lol zelda is not low tier, nor is falco..

i use meta cuz he's awesome though.. not in brokenness but cuz his character is cool. same reason i would think of picking up on dedede because he's one of my favorite characters out of the brawl ine up.

i mostly go for characters that have multiple jumps ... i mained puff in melee so yup lol

anyone wannnaaa mm tomorrow ?
He didn't mean they were low tier; he meant that those characters haven't been winning tournaments so far really yet some people are trying to come up with metagame for them and make them good.

..and HaB was obviously joking, he said he was in CT >_>

Xivk

Smash Ace
NNID
xinikas-capitol
3DS FC
0877-2190-4820
Real fun today for melee @_@, didnt do as bad as i thought. Trying to remember who i was fighting today but i think luck, rockin(metaknight-n-Lucario team ftw), blackanese (i want a rematch for my dollar back >_<), and whoever i was fighting on neogeo battle colliseum, those were some dam good matches.

ace_marth

Smash Champion
bronx, ny (im up for any fights, if u intersested,
NOTEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tomorrow may be cancelled.

BUM JUST TOLD ME HE MIGHT HAVE SOME OTHER THINGS HE HAS TO TAKE CARE OF TOMORROW AND WE MAY OR MAY NOT BE ABLE TO THROW A TOURNY TOMORROW.

hes gonna post up tomorrow morning madd early and let ya know if its gonna happen or not. also if anything it'll just start later.

BUM WHEN U READ THIS CALL ME AND LET ME KNOW IF I SHOULD COME IN OR NOT.

Jay0yeah

Smash Ace
O_o

How many people were at the Melee weekly?

Why isn't there a definite answer for a tournament for 2morrow?

This confuses the hell out of me.

One day Ace or Bum says there's a tournament now there's no tournament? (No offense to anyone but I am just lost about this).

Jay0yeah

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
how many people were at the Melee weekly?
Bleh, it was a low number. about 13-15 smashers came for Melee and only about 4 teams wanting to do doubles, so we ended up doing singles. In the end, it seems like majority of smashers rather play Brawl then Melee, but this is IMO, as I love both games.

Still, despite the low number smashers, I had fun

Small shoutouts

-Bum : Thanks again for getting me my 10 dollars ^^

Ritz : Definitly whitest smasher in NYC.

Jman/Luck : good matches. I'm sorry i didn't give ya a better challenge

Xivk -Good games. Our team skills are too good. I hate you in other fighting games though >>

Blackenese: I'll keep on challenging you with my awsome Captain Falcon

Yellow Rat : Thanks again for bringing a Brawl set up and good games indeed. Remember, Peach got priorities in the right areas :D

Alukard

Smash Hero
not to burst anyones bubble but it would b better to make the tourney another day lol cuz swat wont b there in full force -_- ... so yea ... i'm kinda crossing my fingers for sumthing else lololol

Alukard

Smash Hero
today was awesome ... but in all honesty ... if we are going to have ****ty attendance for melee i rather not have it ... cuz its stupid ... not fun that **** felt like we were playing ordered friendlies to get off a tv ... i played no one but friends ... tournies deserve to have noobs and others to **** with ... or at least enough for doubles ...

i rather have brawl if melee is goig to have such ****ty attendance

also big thanks to xivk ... u really helped me out bro =) i'm grateful

yellow_rat_b@st@rd

Smash Cadet
Bleh, it was a low number. about 13-15 smashers came for Melee and only about 4 teams wanting to do doubles, so we ended up doing singles. In the end, it seems like majority of smashers rather play Brawl then Melee, but this is IMO, as I love both games.

Still, despite the low number smashers, I had fun

Small shoutouts

-Bum : Thanks again for getting me my 10 dollars ^^

Ritz : Definitly whitest smasher in NYC.

Jman/Luck : good matches. I'm sorry i didn't give ya a better challenge

Xivk -Good games. Our team skills are too good. I hate you in other fighting games though >>

Blackenese: I'll keep on challenging you with my awsome Captain Falcon

Yellow Rat : Thanks again for bringing a Brawl set up and good games indeed. Remember, Peach got priorities in the right areas :D
no prob, anytime ^_^... HEY!!!! WHAT THE DEAL WITH TOMARROW!?

Duh_Remix

Smash Rookie
This is Chu - 2, and shoutouts to everyone I played against. I don't understand why there was a small attendance today. The second I saw that there was gonna be a melee weekly I was like HOLY **** YEAH BOI! Also, I know there were a lotta people who wanted to play melee again, but I guess they didn't follow through. Also, for the people who think brawl is better, they shoudla came anyway just to support smash. I for one definetly do not want to see melee die down, cuz even though I had mad fun today, I know it could be even better, which is why melee weeklies should def stilll happen.

SALAD BOWL!!!!!

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
aight, shoutouts:

hax: you're mad flamboyant. God **** I gotta pick up sheik lol. But yeah, good matches, I was mad grimey

Zro: lol, mad fun playin/talkin to ya. Definitely crazy funny

Mr. Afro-Centric a.k.a. Blasian a.k.a. Blackanese - CRAKA, JUMP OFF THAT SOCCER KICK. lmao, mad fun listening to ya

Bum - thx for gettin this tourney going

Vanz - aight mms. I definitely need some more experience before I mm you again. An I'm sorry bout being a horrible teams partner, it just aint my thing yet =/

Reno - We never got our falco dittos :( an *****, you aint Irish.

JMan - Seriously *****, I will assault you if I don't get my money. All 16$ hoe

Xivk - cool seein ya man

Dial - Don't play falco. Don't play this game. lmao

Rocking - yo, chill talking to you man. Gotta get some melee stuff in there

Syn - Like two melee matches lol. Mad lame, we didn't even team up in brawl for one game

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
It seems like the new thing to do in this place is brag about how much you don't practice.

Well guess what? I practice whenever I can.

That's why I **** anyone who brags about that.

Bum also practices alot, and ***** all of you.

Keep bragging about stupid ****
I practice safe sex and she still got pregnant. Tell me where I went wrong.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
mad fun today.
honestly melee is rarer around these parts and it just needs to be announced and planned in advance. considering this a month or 2 weeks in advance would be good, we can attract out of staters also llooking for melee etc. etc.

thanks for the friendlies.....jesus, hax, vanz, bum, reno[ quit sand bagging *****, there is no way you can lose to me EVER] oh and tag for ****** my predictable *** the hardest out of everyone i played. yada yada.

mad at how bad i did in tourney DEF coulda done better i feel. just gotta think a lil more.

oh yeah watching the strangers with aziz, dial, and blackanese.. too good.

vanz mm next time we'll finish. if you want to. sorry about the confusion but **** peach she sucks. and i just figured the stage was horrible for c.falc in general. oh yeah my undefeated mute city peach against hax money is going in the vault for all of eternity.

long live melee i had fun, more organization bigger turnouts. for future melee.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I wanna play some new people and if they are skilled enough, add them to my crew if they want.

If not then I just wanna play new people

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
Sure why not =P
BTW, I have a clan, lol.

*waits patiently for bum to show up >.>*

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ha ha ha. I would like to go but have no money. I only have money on my debit card. So I can make it but I cant pay to stay which sucks :/

Aside from my card, I am broke

Top Bottom