• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

richie137

Smash Cadet
interesting

anyway, ths is wat im posting about....

Ace not a bad idea, I will need to check it out, pm me if you need help then, as long as it does not conflict work and school (yes, I go to Hofstra, and yes I have classes and work there...), but I will more than available.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
aight well i mean anywhere u go in the BX is gonna be a ghetto place so idk about the saftey part lol. nah but it wont be that bad. i hold madd weight in the bx so ill walk u if i have to. anyway its better than that VS harlem jump off.

to clear things up IM NOT BACK TO PLAY THIS GAME....I HATE IT AND IM STILL PLAYIN HALO. im just back to run the tourny's and help and shlt. Besides i dont wanna destroy anybody's hopes or beliefes of being good with my godliness and all. nah j.k j.k.

but yea this place is somewhat big and it will obviously be on a different day than the weeklies are. most likely saturdays.
.........you dissipoint me. =o

XD Nah, just kidding. in anycase, it's good to see you again. Hopefully, this won't affect any outcomes. Will the weeklies on saturday be Melee only or Brawl only? I feel there should be a Melee one at least. I dunno lol

Kobe

Smash Rookie
hey guys fsome sophmore from my school cardinal hayes told me i should go to the weeklies even thought im a scrub and hey ace i live in the bronx and im down for a fight =)

Kobe

Smash Rookie
OMG ITS TYOU DUDE Ok so i dont think I can even get the guap to go this firdayy but if i can ima come yo son if u skip mr mayes class again im telling on you watch lol jk

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
I don't know why there should be a day for Melee. Why try to sustain a scene for game that will die? EDIT - IS dead

Like a wise man once said: you may hate or love brawl, but the bottom line is it's what 90% of the community is playing right now. Melee can live forever in smaller gatherings and scenes, but it's main event days are over.

IMO having Melee on one of the days hinders the growth of the community in general for Brawl. For example, if Brawl was on Saturday a lot of people woul come through throughout the summer fo sho(myself included), but if Melee was there those same people probably wouldn't show(myself included). You have to accommodate the majority.

Plus what Bum is doing is tight, but all in all it's a business, and Brawl 2 days brings in more money than Brawl one day and Melee another. Training grounds = For melee I guess?

Just my .02

Kobe

Smash Rookie
yea 64 was the best it was the only one i had an one hundered percent win record on 2 wins 0 losses o yea

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I don't know why there should be a day for Melee. Why try to sustain a scene for game that will die? EDIT - IS dead

Like a wise man once said: you may hate or love brawl, but the bottom line is it's what 90% of the community is playing right now. Melee can live forever in smaller gatherings and scenes, but it's main event days are over.

IMO having Melee on one of the days hinders the growth of the community in general for Brawl. For example, if Brawl was on Saturday a lot of people woul come through throughout the summer fo sho(myself included), but if Melee was there those same people probably wouldn't show(myself included). You have to accommodate the majority.

Plus what Bum is doing is tight, but all in all it's a business, and Brawl 2 days brings in more money than Brawl one day and Melee another. Training grounds = For melee I guess?

Just my .02

I understand what you're saying, but keep in mind that there are still people who want to get better in melee or at least want to get their shot in Melee (myself included). Melee may not attract that big of a crowd (at least for now), but it'll still keep the hard-core Melee players at ease that there's actually a venue where they can play Melee in a competitive level instead of just sharing space in W2z.

and wait, I just realized something. The venue ace talked about has -15- TVs

8 TVs for Brawl

7 TVs. for Melee

Everyone is ****ing happy. If other Boroughs such as Queens and Brooklyn don't like the trip, well...sucks to be them then. *shrugs*

Remember, Brawl may be the biggest hype right now, but that doesn't mean NY can't be good at both things, right?

D1

Banned via Administration
T___T If things look good for the Bx venue I'll go...but I know for sure I'll be having problems w/ transportation unless I don't have to worry about the 6 train not working anymore and having to wait for the 2 or something for like 30+ minutes in the night :O.

AND F*CK YOU ROCKIN!

If other Boroughs such as Queens and Brooklyn don't like the trip, well...sucks to be them then. *shrugs*

Got me TIGHT!

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
Everyone is ****ing happy. If other Boroughs such as Queens and Brooklyn don't like the trip, well...sucks to be them then. *shrugs*
Queens and Brooklyn heads have been travelling further to tournies than the other boroughs for years

It seems like the people in Manhattan and The Bronx flip out whenever travelling to a tourney in queens or brooklyn is proposed...

BUM163

Smash Lord
anyone wanna train with me let me know. who is goin this saturday to jerz? anyone wanna play online or offline let me know. i'm up right now and its 12 20 which i just woke up and this sucks. captain falcon is nice, lets just say i'm close to making him melee status.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Wow Rockin, you got some nerve saying that. When I travel for Smashfest or tournaments I have been to

- N.J
- C.T
- V.A
- ME ( I think thats where pound three was)
- Long island
- Shoot even staten Island just to smash it up.

And Both D1 and Ron as well as other People from BK and QU has been all over. get your facts straight before you assume ;)

Oh, and the people hating on melee, are the ones that suck at it. that is all.

DVDA

Smash Apprentice
It already takes me an hour and a half to get to w2z and i have over protective parents...-_-; If we move to BX I'll have to leave the community lol, cause that's beast far from me. I live on the last stop of the A line. It'll take 2 hours minimum to get to the BX and i ain't trying to be going home that late. i dun wanna get robbed.

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
(Ph.D mad late...) WTF ACE IS BACKK!!!! HELLZ YEAH!!!!... next, killafox may make a come back also

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
T___T If things look good for the Bx venue I'll go...but I know for sure I'll be having problems w/ transportation unless I don't have to worry about the 6 train not working anymore and having to wait for the 2 or something for like 30+ minutes in the night :O.

AND F*CK YOU ROCKIN!

Got me TIGHT!
Wow Rockin, you got some nerve saying that. When I travel for Smashfest or tournaments I have been to

- N.J
- C.T
- V.A
- ME ( I think thats where pound three was)
- Long island
- Shoot even staten Island just to smash it up.

And Both D1 and Ron as well as other People from BK and QU has been all over. get your facts straight before you assume ;)

Oh, and the people hating on melee, are the ones that suck at it. that is all.
****it guys, I didn't mean EVERYONE in Brooklyn or Queens hates traveling to the Bronx. I meant some in general. Several Brooklyn and Queen smashers don't like traveling to the Bronx much because it's like nearly a 2 hour or so ride. Granted, this is the same/similar issue when Bronx smashers travel to Queens or Brooklyn for tournaments/smashfest. I know you three have no problem traveling to other boroughs/ out of state. I'm talking about some of the others in general. >>

I guess my last post was a bit offensive. What I'm mainly saying is that people shouldn't be picky as in terms of the spot of venues. You guys know how hard it is to find a decent vacant venue in general. So instead of saying that it's 'too far,' take advantage of the opportunity. I know ya have parents and all, and I understand that, but do ya best to take advantage of this.

Snakeee

Smash Master
anyone wanna train with me let me know. who is goin this saturday to jerz? anyone wanna play online or offline let me know. i'm up right now and its 12 20 which i just woke up and this sucks. captain falcon is nice, lets just say i'm close to making him melee status.
Me and my brother are going on Saturday and I also want to play you online, if you can I'll play tomorrow. I'll just look for you on AIM I guess.

phillybilly

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone. I've been away for quite a while. Where is this Web2Zone place?

I've tried searching through the pages of this thread and can't find it anywhere...

Any help guys?

Top Bottom