• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
If the weather doesn't suck and my schoolwork permits it I will be going to the weekly this Friday. During the summer I'll definitely go to a lot of them.

I like to team with diff people every time so if anyone wants to team let me know. Also play me online sometime. ;o

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
O_O i still dont get y people r talking about the crew battle thingy ma jiggy, seriously like i said b4 i HIGHLY doubt this is gonna happen anytime soon, and during that time b4 we actually set up a date 2 battle NJ, people can practice and blah blah blah and get better and what not, so no1 should be sad =].

in the other note, the whole "i cant stay 4 singles b/c i need 2 get home early" is understandable. i mean, u should just try 2 talk 2 yo moma about it, then if u cant, then i guess the weeklies just have 2 run super fast, or have 1 event on friday and the other on sat or soemthing

and with that, i must say... swat all day =]

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
O_O i still dont get y people r talking about the crew battle thingy ma jiggy, seriously like i said b4 i HIGHLY doubt this is gonna happen anytime soon, and during that time b4 we actually set up a date 2 battle NJ, people can practice and blah blah blah and get better and what not, so no1 should be sad =].

in the other note, the whole "i cant stay 4 singles b/c i need 2 get home early" is understandable. i mean, u should just try 2 talk 2 yo moma about it, then if u cant, then i guess the weeklies just have 2 run super fast, or have 1 event on friday and the other on sat or soemthing

and with that, i must say... swat all day =]
what he said

BUM163

Smash Lord
Game Over. Saturdays Are A Go, Plus Acemarth And Bum Are Running Weeklys For Fridays And Saturdays.... Yes He Is Back Folks Working In Web2zone. Ny Is About To Be That Much Better And I Will Be Handing In Flyers This Week, So Get Ready For More Heads Than Wat We Already Have.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Game Over. Saturdays Are A Go, Plus Acemarth And Bum Are Running Weeklys For Fridays And Saturdays.... Yes He Is Back Folks Working In Web2zone. Ny Is About To Be That Much Better And I Will Be Handing In Flyers This Week, So Get Ready For More Heads Than Wat We Already Have.
o man .. i'm getting mad hype lol sheesh ... i cant freaking wait till the next weekly RAWRRRR

*proceeds to shuttle loop and glide away*

CasshernDGZ

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy...

I leave for one weekend on this thread, to sleep and do some r and r from smash. And when I come back, Wes is calling me out, Dial thinks he's better than me and wants my stop on top 20...like top 20 is even that serious, and people are bishing that on whether or not they are on the list and etc......

It isn't even that serious guys..I mean come on, just because this is a new game everyone wants to be top 20, I'm not even top 20 I don't even think....I don't even think top 20 matters, I'd much rather care about top 10, and second of all if you beat someone in top 10 once in friendlies or in a money match doesn't mean anything all those people do well in tournament, thus earning their spot.

And Wes.....I definitely don't **** talk seriously so you can call me out all you want....I'll play your sonic anytime guy...

BUM163

Smash Lord
people if ya want more than one event for fridays, ya need to bring wii's and come as early as possible. at least the most we need is 7 wiis if thatz ok wit ya.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
second some people cant stay the entire weekly all of the time so that would reflect their bad tourney placing. i think we should do Singles First so that time is not an issue. if we really want to determine power rankings then singles has to be more important than doubles.
I don't know what all this discussion is about power rankings but I do agree on doing singles first. I live far from Web2 and I don't hit singles up cause I don't want to be exuasted at the end of it then have an hour and a half worth of train riding/walking home.

If its at all possible to move singles first through popular demand you have my vote.

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
thats what u BASICALLY were when u went to pound 3 and saw the crew battles

but now that every1 thinks there ready to be in what they cry just stfu

if u dont want to see your NY crew play then u dont have too.. just know u wont be looked at the same..
ummm sry i was nobody's mascot at pound 3.... aparantly u have memory problems, and the only matches i cheered for was when aziz was playing SW, thats it

Alukard

Smash Hero
its not just that .. people wouldn't enter doubles if they didn't have to wait for it ... most people enter doubles becuz they are there waiting for singles to start ... i mean theres barely any attendance for doubles as is =\ ... doubles is too much fun -_-

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Sure, wait till I leave.

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
its not just that .. people wouldn't enter doubles if they didn't have to wait for it ... most people enter doubles becuz they are there waiting for singles to start ... i mean theres barely any attendance for doubles as is =\ ... doubles is too much fun -_-
brian is right guy, i mean using last weekly as an example, brian and jesus got 2nd and won $1 extra LMFAO i mean i know the share is 80% 1st and 20% 2nd but getting another dollar 4 being 2nd sucks lmfaoo, while the singles entrys filled the whole list up. i mean, either way doubles is basically the smashers decision 2 join or not but, moving doubles after singles mean no attaendence 4 it >_<

ACTUALLY it doubles were moved 2 saturdays it might be better, idks though

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I wish I could join weeklies but I get outta work too late. Although, I see that weeklies are gonna happen on Saturdays too so I'm a happy about that lol. The crew battle against New Jersey may or may not happen anytime soon but I wanna know if I'm being considered to be a part of the crew against them?

ace_marth

Smash Champion
bronx, ny (im up for any fights, if u intersested,
Ace Iz Bacckkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aight so as the title says im back. ima be workinw it w2z again so i'll be there at the tourny and shlt so yea.

anyway, ths is wat im posting about....

I HAVE ANOTHER VENUE WITH ABOUT 15 T.V.s THAT IM GONNA BE USING SOMETIME IN JUNE. NOW WAT I NEED TO KNOW FROM U GUYS IS IF ANYONE WOULD BE WILLIN TO ATTEND ANY TOURNY'S THERE FOR EITHER MELEE OR BRAWL. I NEED TO KNOW THIS ASAP SO PLZ POST CUZ IM MEETING WIT THE OWNER TOMORROW NIGHT AND I NEED TO SHOW HIM SOLID PROOF THAT PPL WILL SHOW TO THE EVENTS. THE VENUE IS EITHER IN THE BRONX AND ITS A GOOD OPPORTUNITY TO EXPAND THE COMMUNITY.

TierWhore

Smash Journeyman
I mean, at the end of the day it's w/e. I have fun in doubles too, though i prefer singles. But in terms of skill representation I think it's a bit unfair to some, as those few have posted. It's all good guys, although I feel like I deserve a top spot, if i don't get one, and don't rep ny, i'll be a mascot lmao. Maybe during the summer things'll change for me, who knows?

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
REALLY?!?! ACE IS COMING BACK!! wow thats mad cool i miss that guy he was definitely mad cool. me and DJ were just talking about how they should come back the other day.

thats the **** man. i am also mad hype alukard.

besides that, i think singles should go before Doubles. i also dont think doubles won't not happen because there are too many doublesheads for their not to be doubles. if you guys want it to happen you just enter thats all their is 2 it. if there isnt that many teams as of now it means people don't really care for doubles that much.

EDIT: OMG ITS ACE MARF!!! SON I'll definitely go. BUT PLEASE MELEE ALL DAY AT THAT VENUE WE ALREADY GOT A BRAWL WEEKLY LETS MAKE THAT A MELEE WEEKLY FOR NOW.

if there isn't enough people then you should do like brawl singles and melee doubles. or something like that but melee tourneys need to happen now that theres another venue. BUT I REPEAT I AM DEFINITELY DOWN TO PLAY AT THAT VENUE ACE.

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
yoo ace marth is back, good ****. I talked to ya a few times lol, no idea if ya remember me =/ lol.

but yeah, I'd hit that up, but only if it doesn't coincide w/ the weeklies at w2z, cuz that'd be wack (I mean the friday thing). So if it turns out to be saturday i'd definitely go to that.

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
I hope at least one of the days has singles first and doubles last. Commuting from NJ with a bunch of friends with strict parents will make coming through consistently very difficult for me and my crew. Doubles is cool and stuff, but singles is what I really care about, and I'm sure it's like this for most.

How about Double first/singles second on Friday and singles first/doubles second on Saturday? There needs to be some kind of compromise I believe.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Sure, wait till I leave.
XD they're out to get you, HAB

Aight so as the title says im back. ima be workinw it w2z again so i'll be there at the tourny and shlt so yea.

anyway, ths is wat im posting about....

I HAVE ANOTHER VENUE WITH ABOUT 15 T.V.s THAT IM GONNA BE USING SOMETIME IN JUNE. NOW WAT I NEED TO KNOW FROM U GUYS IS IF ANYONE WOULD BE WILLIN TO ATTEND ANY TOURNY'S THERE FOR EITHER MELEE OR BRAWL. I NEED TO KNOW THIS ASAP SO PLZ POST CUZ IM MEETING WIT THE OWNER TOMORROW NIGHT AND I NEED TO SHOW HIM SOLID PROOF THAT PPL WILL SHOW TO THE EVENTS. THE VENUE IS EITHER IN THE BRONX AND ITS A GOOD OPPORTUNITY TO EXPAND THE COMMUNITY.

First of all., welcome back. Nice to see that you finally came to your senses with the Halo crap and went into some good competition XD

Second, I would love to enter these things. I mean, it's in the bronx for crise sakes. I have a bit of a question though.

1) How big is this place? From the looks of 15 TVs, it sounds like a big place.

2) is it street friendly? Meaning we don't have to worry about stuff when it's time to go home (like territory gangs and stuff.)

ace_marth

Smash Champion
bronx, ny (im up for any fights, if u intersested,
aight well i mean anywhere u go in the BX is gonna be a ghetto place so idk about the saftey part lol. nah but it wont be that bad. i hold madd weight in the bx so ill walk u if i have to. anyway its better than that VS harlem jump off.

to clear things up IM NOT BACK TO PLAY THIS GAME....I HATE IT AND IM STILL PLAYIN HALO. im just back to run the tourny's and help and shlt. Besides i dont wanna destroy anybody's hopes or beliefes of being good with my godliness and all. nah j.k j.k.

but yea this place is somewhat big and it will obviously be on a different day than the weeklies are. most likely saturdays.

TierWhore

Smash Journeyman
aight well i mean anywhere u go in the BX is gonna be a ghetto place so idk about the saftey part lol. nah but it wont be that bad. i hold madd weight in the bx so ill walk u if i have to. anyway its better than that VS harlem jump off.

to clear things up IM NOT BACK TO PLAY THIS GAME....I HATE IT AND IM STILL PLAYIN HALO. im just back to run the tourny's and help and shlt. Besides i dont wanna destroy anybody's hopes or beliefes of being good with my godliness and all. nah j.k j.k.

but yea this place is somewhat big and it will obviously be on a different day than the weeklies are. most likely saturdays.
I <3 you with all my <3

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)

ACE IS 2222 GOOD.

i like how this guy is still rockin the Zenith banner the one i got 13th at.:):)

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
First off...

FORGET ABOUT RANKING!!

For now at least...

Secondly...

Weeklies have been on Fridays for hmm I dunno... YEARS!!

Was it fair when I couldn't make it to weeklies because of my work hours? No, but it was out of my hands...

Didn't it automatically take me out of any kinda running for melee ranking? Yes it did.

Did I plead with the people who were able to attend to add me to the ranking? Of course not, because I wasn't regularly attending the events.

What some of you are basically saying is:

"Yes, I know I don't come regularly... Given my performance when I do come, everyone should just automatically assume I'll place well every time."

If you play a professional basketball player in street ball almost everyday and beat them, it really won't matter. You're not in the NBA and your "wins" don't affect their stats or team record.

Solution? Get in the league and get noticed. Either that or shut up and stick to the street games.

Going at each others throats over rank is stupid.

And of course everyone would like to represent NY in a crew battle. The excitement alone would make anyone want to.

I wanted to be an alternate for the East Coast @ FC3.

SS4Ricky got picked over me though. I've beaten him in every tourney set we played together. Why did he get picked? Because he did better against other people we've both played.

Sometimes people just have to be honest with themselves...

Do you REALLY want to take part in the crew battle? Or do you just want the "fame" or recognition that might come along with it?

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
hey.. can any1 team with me this friday? i need a doubles partner soo id prefer any1 i know and have played a lot

also.. welcome back ace lol .. dont think you remember me but i go to most weeklies.

Top Bottom