• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

Dial-Up

Smash Journeyman
I Think Someone Is Feeling Them Selves, Yes I Do Ok Enuff Of The Shhhhhhhhhhhnanagins Lol. Lets Fight My W/e Vs Ur Zss And If U Want My Zss Vs Urs Eventhough Dittos Dont Mean Anything I Just Like To Break Spirits.

Cause I Am Tired Of Ppl Like U And Ur Brother Coming Out The Woodworks Lol Where The **** Were U When Melee Was Out Lol. U And Ur Brother ****ing Brow Brothers Lol This **** Is Going To End Now.
We Will Fight To The Death Brow Brothers.
Dude. WTF are you capatilizing ever God d*mn word for?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Yeah i'd bring mine too but i bring a wii so i dont rly have room and don't really feel like carrying $2000 dollars in my bag >_>

Edit: do we even have to recreate the bracket? doesn't somebody have the bracket paper out there >_> we can start the tournament at 4:30 and finish by 6 if everyone shows up and doesn't lollygag around. i think we should let alex handle the brackets next time. He has experience in this like no one else and i don't think he plans on entering(correct me if im wrong) so he'd be able to take care of things while everyone is playing matches.

Well here are some issues we gotta addres

#1 - who has the bracket

#2 - how to convince w2z to let ppl come and play for free ( me and HAB got connections but that is a SUPER Tall order )

#3 - what are the exact damages of the event that took place

#4 - WHERE IS THE MONEY

#5 - how many matches were completed in singles because if we start at 7 but end at 11 and there are too many matches than we could not finish it even if we had all 8 tvs cause at some point there will be ppl waiting for others to finish matches....then ur talking about 3 weeks to find a winner.

#6 - START ON TIME...DQ ppl who are not there and do not listen to this " i came from foreign lands to travel to this ONE TOURNAMENT IN NYC"...i love weeklies but lets be real this isnt pound 3 or even a smashacare its for locals...if ppl are late its their fault...leave earlier...then again i am a little lax with this rule cause some people actually dont know where the place is...but this mostly goes for ppl who have been here a hundred times and try that "they know me i'll show up and its all good" routine.

This is just my idea...so if you guys have a better idea than go for it.

Cia

das kwl
wes - snake and shadow was there for melee, u were just so drunk on your own skill that you didn't even notice new talent..

and for that matter, why do you always pick on new people?? and than you hate them even more when they catch up :)

TierWhore

Smash Journeyman
Woooooow, Alejandro posts from outa nowhere. I'm def going to this weekly, i can't play singles either way, it ends too late, so ima go for doubles

R3N0

Smash Lord
**** wes is hatin' MAD hard!!! LoL

I mean though to be honest, this is a new game.. and its a lesser game.. *cough*

and like.. its not as hard to get good... Snake and Shadow were playing at around the times of VLS, I remember them going and all.. So.. Eh wtvs.. They weren't like TERRIBLE.. They were like a lil below the average talent at a tourny like VLS, which isn't that bad on the grand scheme of things.

I saw Snake's match vs D1. D1 is a vet. Snake didn't do half bad, and still that deserves something. Not a lot, cuz brawl sux donkey nut. But you know, still gets props.

---------------------------------------

I'm just a giant hater that will still play Brawl b/c I like the community. Plus I'm mad raw at it.

Flame ON!

Cia

das kwl
LOL @ reno's continuous use of the word "raw"

if ny was smart, they'd really go back to melee.. like florida..

that's like.. the best state right now.

they hate brawl soooooo much, they perposely ALL main lucario to mock the game.. LOL

than there's PA with a god send human being named Scar and his Spoc series.. he's trying soooo hard, but one can only do so much. You need to wise up people!! save brawl for your little wii parties w/ the family.
----------------------------------------

I was watching the PC Chris v Ken set from MLG Anaheim. and I don't like marth, and I **** sure don't like falco. but the crowd in the background and combo's got me soooo hyped to play melee, it was unreal..

you're not gonna get that in brawl

D1

Banned via Administration
LOL I liked REno's Post especially the FLAME ON part!

I can see myself flying through the skies like the Fantastic Four guy. Human torch was it?

Anyway as for stages...

...since my words fall on deaf ears as always.

Eldin/Moses/Great Sea/Mario Circuit/Port Town/Green Greens/Onett/PictoChat can suck gay balls.

There done

Anyway um, I dunno if I posted who I played but, it was Snake, Crismas, Jman...there...I'm still waitin to fight DJ Nintendo ^_^. (Hopefully he can come early from work to make our match). Winners Bracket still also.

How early can we do this? Cuz I always chill in the city w/ my friends @ this college close by the weekly b4 it starts.

Just gimme the time and place.

And not to knock on anyone, but so far we're doing a great job by not wanting to be like other states : P. (I know its hard so don't take what I say seriously its a joke LMAO)
*runs off*

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
LOL @ reno's continuous use of the word "raw"

if ny was smart, they'd really go back to melee.. like florida..

that's like.. the best state right now.

they hate brawl soooooo much, they perposely ALL main lucario to mock the game.. LOL

than there's PA with a god send human being named Scar and his Spoc series.. he's trying soooo hard, but one can only do so much. You need to wise up people!! save brawl for your little wii parties w/ the family.
----------------------------------------

I was watching the PC Chris v Ken set from MLG Anaheim. and I don't like marth, and I **** sure don't like falco. but the crowd in the background and combo's got me soooo hyped to play melee, it was unreal..

you're not gonna get that in brawl
Since when FL did that?

Ether way I would play both games.........But I have to say, I like melee better than this. For one thing, this game is a camp fest. You learn to camp, you win. I rather be camped by a Fox on corneria in melee then get camped in this game after what I seen.

The game is cool and all but the hype aint there for me in this. does not even bug me anymore for camping or the stupid random tripping that can cost you lots of money. I'll try to go for top Peach in brawl. But wont be as fun as if it was melee. Which I still play like hell, but people are all on brawls nutzs. But I play both games equally.

Cia

das kwl
D1's post reminded me that I put orpheon on as a counterpick stage..

THAT WAS A COMPLETE ACCIDENT!! I wrote orpheon while I was thinking of shadow moses.. alex please fix that when you can (and only put shadow moses as a counterpick in doubles)

in other news, I just 0 to death'd a lv. 9 peach in a ditto 4 STOCKS IN A ROW XD

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

THAT WAS A COMPLETE ACCIDENT!! I wrote orpheon while I was thinking of shadow moses.. alex please fix that when you can (and only put shadow moses as a counterpick in doubles)

in other news, I just 0 to death'd a lv. 9 peach in a ditto 4 STOCKS IN A ROW XD
xD!!

I actually playing melee right now. This **** is fun! xD!!

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru

woo you are getting very sleepy. YOU DOO want orpheon as a counterpick stage on the count of 3 you will wake up an put orpheon as a countr pick stage 1 2 3

D1

-_- can we make a Melee appreciation thread or something so it'll be easier for ppl to talk about which games they like or w/e there and keep this thread on topic?

Thats why sh** is the same everyweek.

No consistency.

Thanks for returning tho Alex much appreciated...BRING CRISMAS SHE'S BEAST! XDDD

Cia

das kwl
there is no consistancy in brawl.

one minute, ur following up w/ what will be a game breaking move

the next minute, ur flat on ur *** because of a handy little feature called tripping..

"oooo you completely avoided my follow up, and u even punished me in the process.. ur maddddd gewd"

<_<

artieboy - LOL, that was the lamest hypnosis ever, but I was a good try :D

orpheon is horrible. I and like a lot of the brawl stages, but that **** goes completely upside down.. like.. one minute I'm on the ground to.. "ooh nos I'm dead because this spatula of a frickin stage flipped me up and away from the level"

CasshernDGZ

Smash Journeyman
**** Vanz...You really dislike this game..and you think it requires no skill on top of that, or rather it isn't consistent. If it isn't consistent, Bum and Leo wouldn't consistently win the tournies, because all the matches are wacky and crazy and tripping and w.e johns you melee heads want to put. Either just don't play the game, or suck it up and step it up..it isn't hard.

D1

Talking about Consistency in terms of rules for the game...I know this game is random...as Melee was too.

I remember when Ron was playin Wife once and she was at high damage on MK2...he jumps for a fair w/ Marth tipper one at that and it would CLEARLY KILLED HER cuz she was mad high anyway the uair phantom hit and then Ron got naired for the lose.

-_-.

I remember mad times I played w/ NL and saw mad phantom hits...omfg phantom tippers make the soul cry.

Anyway I still know what you mean...I h8 tripping, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LETS TALK ABOUT STAGES YES?

SEXY TIME NO?

v_V @ Cass's post I'm mad incosistent 2 straight 3rd place singles finishes in a row...get at my whackness : (.

Cia

das kwl
we're still talking about stages?? I thought that was done -_-

ok, something about stages..

. . .

orpheon sucks..

. . .

brinstar should be neutral (I wish)

. . .

oh, and why is skyworld a counter pick?? that stage sucks soooooo badly, I'd rather pkmn stadium 2 over that.. it's a collapsable, campable, corny level.. it's just nasty. who likes skyworld??

------------------

casshern dgz - I'm not really sure who you are (I'm guessing you're a demigod, and I'm pretty sure I'll know you when I see you) but, I don't hate brawl.. I honestly think the game is really fun. JUST FUN. what I hate is what it's done to the smash community in general and I hate what a trade off it was for melee.. that's like selling the island of manhattan for $24.00. I've played brawl quite of few times and I've only zero to death'd someone ONCE and only because it was a gimp..

infact, I consider any kill under 150% in brawl to be a gimp.. LOL
-----------------------------------------

btw, I was practicing drill shining against a lv. 9 peach, the ***** did Uthrow > Dsmash > Dsmash LMFAO!! I was so happy

CasshernDGZ

Smash Journeyman
I'm the leader of Demigodz....and umm...if this is the case you can talk a bout it in scars thread with everyone else...I just don't see the point that every week that dead game needs to be brought up. It's gone..let it r.i.p....That's all I'm sayin'...

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
casshern no offense but no good game is dead

super turbo - not dead

Halo 1 - not dead

People support games they like..I like both so IDC but I am saying do nto call that a dead game...I mean if we follow all logic that a game is replaced than the competitive standard would be capcom fighting jam because it was the last capcom fighting game in recent memory ( could be wrong )...either way I can see what Vanz is saying but I am checking myself a theory I have on tripping and seeing if it correlates to the weight of the character and the input speed.

Again could be wrong lol

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
there is no consistancy in brawl.

one minute, ur following up w/ what will be a game breaking move

the next minute, ur flat on ur *** because of a handy little feature called tripping..

"oooo you completely avoided my follow up, and u even punished me in the process.. ur maddddd gewd"

<_<

artieboy - LOL, that was the lamest hypnosis ever, but I was a good try :D

orpheon is horrible. I and like a lot of the brawl stages, but that **** goes completely upside down.. like.. one minute I'm on the ground to.. "ooh nos I'm dead because this spatula of a frickin stage flipped me up and away from the level"

**** well i tried. if im there i want my melee re-match lol. ( if you bring your gc)
i like orpheon because .... i dont have a good reason

AtmuhLikesPepsi

Smash Cadet
Luigi's Mansion and Mario Circuit are horrible stages and Brinstar hates Olimar (his fsmash pretty much doesn't exist there)

also man I can't believe that this goes on week after week right across from my school (Cooper Union). What day of the week do you guys do this? I think it's about time I finally went to a tourney and got the crap kicked out of me.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Ok random note...

As a wrestling Fan I was sadded when Jeff Hardy got suspended for violating the drug wellness program by the WWE...From there I was going to stop watching wrestling...think about it...Cena is ok but isn't for me...HHH is too old to connect with and thats really it...but then...Wreslemania 24

CM ****ING PUNK WINS THE MONEY IN THE BANK

THERE IS A GOD AND THAT GOD SAYS "Alex your amazing so I am gonna give u CM Punk to win the MITB and go on to a world title"

And when jeff hardy returns it will be TWICE as amazing...

Thank you WWE for making me happy:)

BUM163

Smash Lord
YO WTF CAN YA PLEASE TALK ABOUT STAGES N RULES. I DON'T EVEN BLAME MYSELF NO MORE CAUSE YA STILL ARGUING ABOUT THE SAME **** EVERY ****IN WEEK. IF U DON'T LIKE BRAWL STOP PLAYIN THE GAME. BOTH GAMES R PARTY GAMES THAT WE MADE INTO COMPETITVE GAMES. MELEE HAD PHATOM HITS AND REAL CHEAP GIMMICKS, BUT IT IS A GREAT FUN COMPETITVE GAME JUST LIKE BRAWL..... THE END. I DO NOT WANNA SEE ANYONE AND I MEAN SERIOUSLY ANYONE WASTING TIME WHEN THEIR IS MORE IMPORTANT MATTERS.

please vote on the stages that i put and i only have skyworld on for now cause i want the real problems to be settle first. today is my birthday and i'm goin 2 web2zone just so i can keep ny alive and ya know how ya repay me??? wit the same old non sense talkin when ny has nothin fixed. please lets focus on topics that really matter and needs to be settle. i'm puttin in alot of work and i'm even lettin ya pick wat should be out and in. lets actually all discuss things like civilized peopel n work things out to benefit us in the future.

this is brought to you by bum corporations across the nations...... mother suckaaaaaaaas.

BUM163

Smash Lord
onett for singles and doubles
port town for singles and doubles
pictochat for singles and doubles
mario circuit for doubles
green greens for singles and doubles
bridge of eldin for doubles
shadow moses for singles

rules

2 bans and a stage strike
2 bans and a stage strike 2.0 dependin if counter rule is stage or characer...not both.

counter pick rules

loser picks stage or character.. not both. the winner does not get to change character
loser picks stage then winner picks character then winner picks character
loser picks stage and character then winner picks character

would ya prefer friday to be doubles only or singles only?
would ya prefer saturday to be doubles and singles or singles?
would ya prefer friday to be doubles and saturdays for singles?
also please let me know the times for friday's and saturday would be good for the majority of the community.

please vote on this so i can write in my notebook how the rules should be for the next weekly. tell me should those stages be in or out and wat rule would u wanna use 4 this weekly?

also should we continue the bracket or no? i'm goin to web2zone in a bit to talk 2 the boss.

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
gimping does not make a game good.

so bum doesnt yell at me

onett- this is the onlly walkoff stage that i like so i say fine for both.
port town- even if u know how to avoid a car that doesnt change the fact that u can be comboed into it and die mad early so off for both
pictochat- i like this stage but havent played it enough to opinionate
mario circuit- off this stage is horrible.
green greens- ive always hated this stage so off with its head.
bridge of eldin- too big, and walkoff, **** this place.
shadow moses- i hate this stage, i know the walls are breakable but it still feels like u have to be able to kill up to stand a chance here.

im coming back in 2-3 months guys just gonna be in florida till my sisters graduation. i miss all of u. and vanz i love u. lol

BUM163

Smash Lord
ok blast thatz not an important issue and plus almost every fightin game has gimping and cheap tatics. lets not discuss anything till things are settle.

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
ok blast thatz not an important issue and plus almost every fightin game has gimping and cheap tatics. lets not discuss anything till things are settle.
i knew u were gonna say sumthing lol. thats why i edited!

also about counterpicking i think it should be loser picks stage then winner can change, then loser can change but if loser goes random then winner has to stay same while loser gets to change.

BUM163

Smash Lord
remember if it sayz singles and doubles so u have to say off for both and one. also say the rules and wat u think in play.

CasshernDGZ

Smash Journeyman
onett for singles and doubles
port town for singles and doubles
pictochat for singles and doubles
mario circuit for doubles
green greens for singles and doubles
bridge of eldin for doubles
shadow moses for singles

rules

2 bans and a stage strike
2 bans and a stage strike 2.0 dependin if counter rule is stage or characer...not both.

counter pick rules

loser picks stage or character.. not both. the winner does not get to change character
loser picks stage then winner picks character then winner picks character
loser picks stage and character then winner picks character

would ya prefer friday to be doubles only or singles only?
would ya prefer saturday to be doubles and singles or singles?
would ya prefer friday to be doubles and saturdays for singles?
also please let me know the times for friday's and saturday would be good for the majority of the community.

please vote on this so i can write in my notebook how the rules should be for the next weekly. tell me should those stages be in or out and wat rule would u wanna use 4 this weekly?

also should we continue the bracket or no? i'm goin to web2zone in a bit to talk 2 the boss.
I don't mind any of these stages because I ban the ones I don't like, so it's no biggie, it just gives us more counterpicks, and more counterpicks equals diverse play.

thx

Smash Ace
ummm can i just mention something about delfino? i hate that stage for characters like ike who can use side b to recover hell fly right through the middle of the stage (plenty of other characters as well) and for ness and lucas if you are under the stage and you up b it can hit the floating floor and disappear. I kno alot of people are set on having this netural i just thought i would throw out reasons for hating this stage. I dont like shadow moses because certain characters have a really hard time killing up and it gets annoying. Mario circuit is good in my opinion. Port town is a toss up i never get hit by those cars but i can understand people throwing you into them and stuff. Pictochat is good and the others are fine i stopped caring now lol

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Okay I'm gonna go with I don't like the weekly's to be on a Saturday at all and just go with alternating one week for doubles only and one week for singles only (bf's idea, not mine lol).

And I think if it's allowable/plausable, to continue the bracket.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
i dont understand why we are still talking about fuuckin stages i thought that **** was done already. the rules are done 2 vanz banged that **** out.

Bum i can't meet you directly afterschool because i got to go to tutoring so...

i can meet you at about 4ish instead of 3ish.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
Port Town for singles and doubles- maybe just singles and thats a maybe, doubles would be way too hectic IMO.
Pictochat for singles and doubles-No
Mario circuit for doubles- Sure
Green greens for singles and doubles- Sure
Bridge of eldin for doubles- No
Shadow moses for singles- No

I don't even see why shadow moses island should be on for singles there's so many infinites on that stage and we can't even finish a tournament with neutral stages on. Playing on shadow moses island is only going to prolong the tournament even longer.

I think it should be 2 stage bans and a stage strike.
Counter picking should be either stage or character and random stage, not both.

I'd like for Friday to be both doubles and singles but if that isn't possible I'd like singles only. Anytime after 3pm is good for me on Friday. I would be able to make Saturdays as well i just prefer Friday.

There's way too many people who entered this tournament just to quit the bracket, We should continue it i don't see how its even controversial.

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
People will never be fully grateful of the efforts made to keep things like this alive

Some people are so quick to criticize and bash one person but never even attempt to take that same initiative themselves

Running tournaments is not easy

The most annoying part is people trying to get over and play friendlies when you ask them not to.

Then the same ones turn around and complain about how long the tourney/weekly took to finish

YOU CONTRIBUTE TO IT!!!

I won't get there til 8:30-:45 but I'll help you out from now on bum

If I hear anyone complain about the quality of any event in NYC w/o actually lifting a finger to help I will personally come to your house and force myself to vomit in your refrigerator(s)

D1

Rules for SSBB ( Courtesy of Vanz ) <refined by D1>

3 Stock
7 Minute time limit
Items off

*Mages dq rule! If you ARE NOT at your match when you are called after 7 minuntes, you will be DISQUALIFIED!

Rules so far :

- 3 stock
- 7 minute time limit
- best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
- Double Elimination
- items are OFF including smash ball

Neutral stages for singles: Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium, Delfino Plaza, Battlefield, Lylat Cruise

Counterpick stages for singles: Brinstar, Corneria, Halberd, Luigi's Mansion, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Pictochat, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon

Doubles :

Team attack ON
Life stealing is allowed

Nuetral Stages for Doubles: Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium, Delfino Plaza, Battlefield, Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages for Doubles: Brinstar, Corneria, Halberd, Luigi's Mansion, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Pictochat, Castle Seige, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 2 stages that will be banned from the tournament set. however, only one of the banned stages can be a neutral stage. (ex. yoshi's island and corneria makes a VALID ban. corneria and brinstar makes a VALID ban. yoshi's island and battlefield makes an INVALID ban.)

Stage Strike Rule: If a stage is selected at random, each player / team can elect to reset the stage pick ONCE PER SET. the reset all must occur within 3 seconds of the start of the match.

Counterpick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

If the loser of the match chooses to select the stage at random. The opponent CANNOT change character. The loser of the match than makes the choice of changing character or not.

-Excessive "stall" tactics are banned.
-Controller Mods are banned

Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.

Doubles:

In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have ONE STOCK the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches*

Singles seeding will be random with some courtesy to crews – you will be spaced evenly as to prevent playing each other in the first round. One of the two criteria must be fulfilled in ordered to be favored. You MUST have 3 or more people in a group hailing from the same region, or you must be part of a crew. Teams seeding will be done randomly.

In case more than 64 people come, Singles seedlings will be determined by pools – each player will be assigned to a pool, and each pool will play 2 Three (3) stock matches in a round robin. If a player wins a match, he must inform an official of how much stock he had remaining. Players will continue to play with each other until each player has played all of the other players in the pool twice. The lowest ranking players will be cut off from each pool, so much so until it meets the conditions of a 64-man bracket. All stages for pools are picked randomly, and all character selections will be double blind pick – both players must whisper their character choices for that match to an official, and then immediately select those characters afterwards.

D1's input:

<I honestly say these are the most fair rules ever cuz everyone is given an even playing field and a chance to win...no BS stages to count on for stupid kills. Contrary to popular belief about this game, at least the better player will be able to win on the fair stages...as long as gimmicky stages are on ppl will lose the love to return to these tourneys and probably will start attending oos Brawl tournies where "real rules are".>

...as much ppl want Friday night weeklies...its obvious that w/ the big attendance we can't continue to keep holding these on Fridays w/ a limited time slot...

...no one remembers how Saturday events are the best? You get there by like noon and leave around 8 or 9 mad easy. Not everyone that attends these weeklies has parents that don't talk sh** to them for getttin home late on Fridays. I bet if you had these on Saturdays less ppl will drop out as well...

Dial-Up

Smash Journeyman
Rules for SSBB ( Courtesy of Vanz ) <refined by D1>

3 Stock
7 Minute time limit
Items off

*Mages dq rule! If you ARE NOT at your match when you are called after 7 minuntes, you will be DISQUALIFIED!

Rules so far :

- 3 stock
- 7 minute time limit
- best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
- Double Elimination
- items are OFF including smash ball

Neutral stages for singles: Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium, Delfino Plaza, Battlefield, Lylat Cruise

Counterpick stages for singles: Brinstar, Corneria, Halberd, Luigi's Mansion, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Pictochat, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon

Doubles :

Team attack ON
Life stealing is allowed

Nuetral Stages for Doubles: Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium, Delfino Plaza, Battlefield, Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages for Doubles: Brinstar, Corneria, Halberd, Luigi's Mansion, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Pictochat, Castle Seige, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 2 stages that will be banned from the tournament set. however, only one of the banned stages can be a neutral stage. (ex. yoshi's island and corneria makes a VALID ban. corneria and brinstar makes a VALID ban. yoshi's island and battlefield makes an INVALID ban.)

Stage Strike Rule: If a stage is selected at random, each player / team can elect to reset the stage pick ONCE PER SET. the reset all must occur within 3 seconds of the start of the match.

Counterpick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

If the loser of the match chooses to select the stage at random. The opponent CANNOT change character. The loser of the match than makes the choice of changing character or not.

-Excessive "stall" tactics are banned.
-Controller Mods are banned

Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.

Doubles:

In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have ONE STOCK the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches*

Singles seeding will be random with some courtesy to crews – you will be spaced evenly as to prevent playing each other in the first round. One of the two criteria must be fulfilled in ordered to be favored. You MUST have 3 or more people in a group hailing from the same region, or you must be part of a crew. Teams seeding will be done randomly.

In case more than 64 people come, Singles seedlings will be determined by pools – each player will be assigned to a pool, and each pool will play 2 Three (3) stock matches in a round robin. If a player wins a match, he must inform an official of how much stock he had remaining. Players will continue to play with each other until each player has played all of the other players in the pool twice. The lowest ranking players will be cut off from each pool, so much so until it meets the conditions of a 64-man bracket. All stages for pools are picked randomly, and all character selections will be double blind pick – both players must whisper their character choices for that match to an official, and then immediately select those characters afterwards.

D1's input:

<I honestly say these are the most fair rules ever cuz everyone is given an even playing field and a chance to win...no BS stages to count on for stupid kills. Contrary to popular belief about this game, at least the better player will be able to win on the fair stages...as long as gimmicky stages are on ppl will lose the love to return to these tourneys and probably will start attending oos Brawl tournies where "real rules are".>

...as much ppl want Friday night weeklies...its obvious that w/ the big attendance we can't continue to keep holding these on Fridays w/ a limited time slot...

...no one remembers how Saturday events are the best? You get there by like noon and leave around 8 or 9 mad easy. Not everyone that attends these weeklies has parents that don't talk sh** to them for getttin hom late on Fridays.
I agree. With everything. Those rules are fair, and I think Saturday's will be SOO much better, and for all the people that were going to these before me (EVERYONE), should know that Saturday's are the best choice.

Top Bottom