• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please Close

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
I'm for monthlies also...bi-weeklies would be just as good but It feels like since the monthlies would be so far apart that almost EVERY NYC smasher will show up. Also it gives tons of times for people to make arrangements and sh*t with their schedule so that they aren't busy with something like "i'm going somewhere with someone" or "i have work".

If it were monthlies I would definitely be able to get out of work for it and I would DEFINITELY go every month.

Or If a month is too long...."tri-weeklies" every three weeks lol. The possibilities are endless...

ace_marth

Smash Champion
bronx, ny (im up for any fights, if u intersested,
Plz keep posting ppl im gonna do w.e i can to keep smash alive so i need everyone to state their opinions on wat they want. this way i can show this to my bosses and hopefully work on something we all agree on.

if it were up to me i would like to do just monthlies. or bi-weeklies and then a monthly. idk tho just keep posting as of now plz. thx.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Huh? Err...okay.

*goes to page 341*

............................... D:

I'm upset you really went to look..........

My vote is for bi weeklies. every other week seems fine to me. people wont get so rusty as they clam they will and Im sure people would have enough time to enter. maybe even both. Not too long of a time period, not to short. just about right

BIG-T

Smash Apprentice
nooooooooo the weeklys must stay. Ace just starting violatin deez biitch azz neggaz g. weeklys be the shiit dawg. ante up on dat spectator fee n no playin wit green wristbandz yo.....ya dig?

D1

Banned via Administration
bi sexual weeklies for me... not to hard... not too soft... just riiiight
Quit Life that post.

And on the top of bisexuality who the fugg kissed me as I was playing a friendly during the weekly?

That sh** was type scary...it was like a random kiss and run. Hopefully it was a girl, even tho I know it wasn't considering w2z is like the center for electronic sausage parties.

Got me TIGHT yo!!!

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
I spent $20 today to go to an Elite Series only to get 2nd place, alittle disappointing but ill get over it.

wow everytime i don't go something big happens. everyone has a different opinion on the subject and say they don't wanna play smash or stop tournaments, but can each and every smash player say "f*** it im never playing melee or brawl". The thing is u can't cuz its like a drug especially for the ppl who's been playing the longest. thats also like saying every person in NYC stop taking trains or buses cuz we wanna screw the MTA, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!!.

Congrates to Vanz for 1st ur peach is grimy.

Congrates to Dark.pch for 2nd u can beat his some day.

D1

Anyways I guess I'll opt for Bi-weeklies that way ppl will get more hype -_- and actually enter...use ur free Friday to train w/ the smasher of ur choice...then the following Friday (biweekly day) use ur innate skill to see how you can do vs. the vast sea of talented NYC smashers.

If ya'll nigz still can't step up and enter a tourney when its bi-weeklies ya'll are definitely "Quick to Back Down." like my ***** Nas said.

Quit mutha f*ckin lifeteezy my d00d.

Hax

Smash Champion
i say weeklies so i can make more money for high school LOL get at me

Cia

das kwl
I spent $20 today to go to an Elite Series only to get 2nd place, alittle disappointing but ill get over it.

wow everytime i don't go something big happens. everyone has a different opinion on the subject and say they don't wanna play smash or stop tournaments, but can each and every smash player say "f*** it im never playing melee or brawl". The thing is u can't cuz its like a drug especially for the ppl who's been playing the longest. thats also like saying every person in NYC stop taking trains or buses cuz we wanna screw the MTA, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!!.

Congrates to Vanz for 1st ur peach is grimy.

Congrates to Dark.pch for 2nd u can beat his some day.
Thank You :D

as for the weeklies. making them every two weeks sounds fine.. maybe this will motivate everyone to play more. weeklies are almost "too" convenient.

in other news, my c- stick is broken.. i seriously don't know why :)

Jash

Smash Lord
Ok....i was going to come here to say i how much i really suked at the weekly on friday. But now...compare to the low life no money having loser who stole such a crappy a$$ game like Halo 3, i definitely feel pro now. Whoever you are, were going to find you. And your going to be sorry man.

R3N0

Smash Lord
im ****ing high as balls yo didnt read it all. go biweeklies f ppl who stole h3 cuz they suxx0rz

i dont even own an xbox 360 ftl

btw make sure u check the acutal xbox360 see if its inside? gg k bye

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
i say weeklies so i can make more money cause i need it LOL

but if i have to to between biweeklys and monthlys i go with biweeklys

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Thank You :D

as for the weeklies. making them every two weeks sounds fine.. maybe this will motivate everyone to play more. weeklies are almost "too" convenient.

in other news, my c- stick is broken.. i seriously don't know why :)
Too much Dsmashing? :p

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
I say monthlies, or biweeklys just cuz it would let me go cuz I would have enough time to notify my job.

ALSO it would mean me and Hazz steal less money in teams from Jman and Hax.

Also, im too nice now.

Hax

Smash Champion
I say monthlies, or biweeklys just cuz it would let me go cuz I would have enough time to notify my job.

ALSO it would mean me and Hazz steal less money in teams from Jman and Hax.

Also, im too nice now.
****.. it's a trap

Alukard

Smash Hero
nah man i want weeklies ... i work my arse off too just like D1 ... to come to these for some "fun" ... but no one enters its stupid ... i come for doubles only ... i don't like singles... i still ALWAYS enter doubles ... but w.e if this gets changed to sumthing too seperated i'm really not gonna play ... i mean its weeklies now and i don't have time to practice ...

u guys do kno its school/work/girls/time to recover and get sleep from school work and girls lol ... so yea its not that easy to just come and b godly ... thats the reason i don't enter anymore ... i don't play at home ever ...

BUM163

Smash Lord
yea it should stay weeklies cuz thatz the pratice right there. specs is 5 dollars n things will be run differently 4 sure.

Cia

das kwl
weeklies are ideal, but they don't leave people wanting to come back next time, especially if your one of those who don't place as high as u'd like to. (me for example)

btw, if there's a weekly next week. if I enter singles, I'll only pick a low tier character :D just to see how I'd do. (single climber and peach counts)

Alukard

Smash Hero
LMFAO @ jaden ... peach lol ... well i'm gonna try to enter singles next time ... i will b picking my secondaries and stuff ^_^

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
nah man i want weeklies ... i work my arse off too just like D1 ... to come to these for some "fun" ... but no one enters its stupid ... i come for doubles only ... i don't like singles... i still ALWAYS enter doubles ... but w.e if this gets changed to sumthing too seperated i'm really not gonna play ... i mean its weeklies now and i don't have time to practice ...

u guys do kno its school/work/girls/time to recover and get sleep from school work and girls lol ... so yea its not that easy to just come and b godly ... thats the reason i don't enter anymore ... i don't play at home ever ...

That's what Bi-weeklies or monthlies would fix *_*.

The amount of players would be greater and if money is truly the only reason you show up to weeklies then you win also, you get more money because the pot is bigger. For the rest of us players it gives us time to notify things and get previous engagements out of the way, school/friends/job or whatever. So far it looks like the majority wants bi-weeklies though...but hey it's up to Ace. I don't understand the reasoning behind keeping it weeklies..it won't fix anything. The same people will go and it will never be as concentrated as a really hyped up bi-weekly or monthly.

If you have 4 tournies a month people see it as "oh it's no big deal i'll just go to the next one" but if you have 2 tournies a month or even one a month it makes that individual tourney a little bit more special and that in itself will convince them to come since they know alot of players will be there since it's not your typical weekly.

D1

Hey who wants Alex Strife to come back and run the weeklies so my n*g Ace can have fun playing the game, while we have Woz trained TSA associate run thangs.

Plus Alex been running tournies for a minute we need life back in these sh**s man, DA tried but we don't go to NYClan anymo' and all sorts of bullsh**.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Anything but weeklies. Monthlies would make us seem more "official" amongst the other states. Think about it. People will actually schedule to come to NYC for once.

Yah, true...we'll get more out of staters than anything. It won't be like weeklies where you get out of staters throughout the month at 4 different weeklies..this way all the out of staters come at once and it's a huge amount of out of state smashers.

BUM163

Smash Lord
well i wanna get this school, but i wanna know if people r down. also i'm am no longer down wit d.a n lookin 4 a new crew or starting one. message me on aol or message me here.

Jay0yeah

Smash Ace
Biweeklies or Monthlies ?

Keep it Biweeklies or Monthlies.

If there are weeklies there will be a small amount of people attending (Thus, people will complain about WHY ARE YA NOT ENTERING?!). I say MONTHLIES. There will be a large amount of players entering, players will save money and be willing to enter during the monthlies even if the singles entry is $20. ALSO, players will schedule the time to come out to these monthly tournaments.

Good luck if it's weeklies because I do not know if people are willing to pay every week. I know I would not but that's my opinion (Thats why Jay0 doesn't come as often). It's not about me but about you guys.

Biweeklies or monthlies mean more time for yourself and when the time comes for a smash tournament it will be a great time. Too much of one thing is bad...

BUM163

Smash Lord
me n jeffery was sayin it can b a weekly/weekly then a week off n then a tournament. people like me don't train anymore so a weekly is my training. if u can't make the weekly then don't come lol, but people like me want weeklys cuz that helps us out. people ignore but if ya want, right across the street from me i can throw weeklys or tournaments wateva in a school wit tvs n all that. it can b 4 melee n i will do it 4 brawl

Cia

das kwl
well i wanna get this school, but i wanna know if people r down. also i'm am no longer down wit d.a n lookin 4 a new crew or starting one. message me on aol or message me here.
I new u were leaving after the crew battle. cuz I'm psychic. just same exact way that I predicted on the train that dav3 would randomly show up

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
werd bum speaks the truth lol.

As of now spectator fee is raised to 5$ and it will be literally SPECTATING no playin. u wanna play throw a fest somewhere. w2z is for TOURNAMENTS. im tired of yellling my a$$ and no one listens. it came to the point yesterday where i almost kicked everyone out and this is ny it shouldnt be like that.

im gonna make these bi-weeklies also i cant deal wit this shlt every week. i'll let ya kno if theres gonna be a weekly this week.

wat y a dont even kno is how im bustin my a$$ to make the weeklies better for ya by trying to get more time, lowering prices or percentage take-out, gettin more tvs and shlt for ya. then i wonder if its gonna be like this y do i even bother wit this community.

as of now i got Zenith scheduled for Nov 17th.......possibly a monthly tournament. but no need to thank me im just the host. all i ask is that ya listen and actually help out by joining. y have weeklies if no ones gonna join. dam this is not much to ask. until ya can better yourselves and prove to me that ny is even worth keeping alive i'll consider keepin the weeklies or even bi weeklies. but as of now idk.
I agree. ( lol....that's actually all I Have to say but its saying my message is too short. So dont bother reading this, this is just for me to get my message across....so once again....) I Agree..

Edit : just reading along so im gonna go along w/ this poll....i say monthlies. to be honest w/ you I came to this weekly for the crew battle, but at the same time i felt I should participate in the actual tournament so i teamed w/ D1. Had a great time teaming w/ D1 wuz satisfied w/ the results. As far as what happened w/ the crew battle, good stuff SWAT. pretty F'd up how it happened, but watever, u guys won. I only show up to weeklies when i have absolutely no plans for a friday night or if most of D.A. is gonna show up. that's about it. so once again....MONTHLIES!

Venom NY

Smash Lord
me n jeffery was sayin it can b a weekly/weekly then a week off n then a tournament. people like me don't train anymore so a weekly is my training. if u can't make the weekly then don't come lol, but people like me want weeklys cuz that helps us out. people ignore but if ya want, right across the street from me i can throw weeklys or tournaments wateva in a school wit tvs n all that. it can b 4 melee n i will do it 4 brawl
yeah yo it should just stay weeklies and if u dont have the money then dont come,its that simple but if u do come seriously enter because its not worth it.

Top Bottom