• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playstation Vita/VitaTV

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
You shouldn't buy any system at launch, lol.
This.

Nintendo always releases a better version within a year or two, and Sony and MS consoles usually have problems that are fixed with a better/cheaper version about a year later.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
This.

Nintendo always releases a better version within a year or two, and Sony and MS consoles usually have problems that are fixed with a better/cheaper version about a year later.
Wait, Nintendo released a better version of the Wii? Or are you just talking about Nintendo handhelds in general? Because I was unaware that Nintendo had released a better Wii.

And I don't like buying most consoles and handhelds at launch because of their craptacular library at launch more than the fact that the hardware is pretty bad at the time. The only exception in this case would be the Vita where I'm not going to be caught dead playing it until a better version of it comes out a year or two later. I'm serious I really don't want to play with a handheld that's going to kerplunk on me with about 4-5 hours of use without the 3G on, which is something I'd really want to keep on my Vita. There's also the expensive*** accessories such as a 4 GB memory card for 30 ****ing dollars. I can buy a 4GB SD card for 10$ or less at least, not 30$. Where Sony gets off for making us pay more money for a memory card they're only using because they don't want people making more accounts and because something about wanting the memory card to be specialized for the Vita is beyond me, but Sony srsly needs to clean up its act with the Vita if they want to be even competitive to the 3DS

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah... I wanna get a Vita, but I'm always afraid of sony stuff on launch... D:
It's up to you. Sometimes Sony fixes their problems later on yet sometimes they end up removing features/adding more problems.
PS1 to PSOne was a good upgrade. PS2 to the slim also a good upgrade. PS3 to the Slim and the versions for the PSP are a mixed bag though since it got better and worse.

I'll be getting a Vita on launch just because there are games I want to get that'll be out this year.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I love your jokes.

You would not believe the outrage the forum i go to had over these results.

if they continue into next week, things will only get more entertaining.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Week 1 - Something like 300,000 units sold.

Week 2 - 77,000 units sold.

Don't quote me on these numbers. It'll be interesting to see this week's sales numbers.

If week 2 sales continue, I expect a price drop (to $200) to recoup some of their loses.

:phone:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Vita, as powerful as it is has some flaws.

-Weak Battery.Mini ps3 has a price.
-Memory Card. Seriously lmao? Way too pricey as well.

By some I mean two, but those are pretty notable.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Wait what would the other flaws be? Are we talking about people having system issues on launch or something else? Those would be my two gripes...though I'd be lenient on battery given the beast of a machine it is.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^^ I'm not saying it doesn't have more, but those are the two that I've noticed since day 1, back when.. i was like "lol 3DS still got this"

^ Being lenient is a bad, bad idea, if people think that way it gives off a feeling to Sony it's ok to go overboard on power. There is a line between power=battery and they went to far lol. I'm not saying graphics/machine power don't matter, but they should have waited till they could've had a battery that's better, or made the console crappier to have longer battery life...THEN upgrade it later.

Of course, I guess it just depends if you care about living by a wall outlet on your "portable" device or not.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You know I expected for this to go decently, but seems Sony can't even do the Vita right if they're selling this little

:phone:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
^^ I'm not saying it doesn't have more, but those are the two that I've noticed since day 1, back when.. i was like "lol 3DS still got this"

^ Being lenient is a bad, bad idea, if people think that way it gives off a feeling to Sony it's ok to go overboard on power. There is a line between power=battery and they went to far lol. I'm not saying graphics/machine power don't matter, but they should have waited till they could've had a battery that's better, or made the console crappier to have longer battery life...THEN upgrade it later.

Of course, I guess it just depends if you care about living by a wall outlet on your "portable" device or not.
I mean, going in, that's the trade off you expect. Sort of like if someone told me "The PS3 is gonna be expensive, but you get a blu-ray player with it."

There ARE options...Sony could have opted to tone down the power OR wait another year or two before releasing it so parts became cheaper.

It doesn't bother me, cause I'd probably play it off the wall for about a few hours a day.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Wait what would the other flaws be? Are we talking about people having system issues on launch or something else? Those would be my two gripes...though I'd be lenient on battery given the beast of a machine it is.
I'm going to list all the problems/"flaws" I have with the Vita (While repeating some which Ryu already posted):

- Poor battery life (The main benefit of playing on a handheld should be that it's battery life should be good enough to last you through several hours of gameplay. Like the DS line of handhelds.)
- Entry price (After what happened to Japan last year in terms of natural disasters, I don't think people there will want to put down $250 for a new handheld.)
- No on board memory
- Memory Cards are a requirement for many games (Some games won't even start without memory cards which is RIDICULOUS!)
- The PSV accessories are over-priced beyond belief and proprietary.
- No backwards compatibility for physical copies of games (You have to re-buy all your games, digital copies with DRM.)
- Only one account per system
- You can't use the browser while playing a game (Let's say you're stuck at a certain part in a game, you have to save, quit, look it up, re-load your game THEN you're done. The 3DS can do this...)

More will come to light as time goes on, I'm sure. Sony is in for a tough ride against the 3DS and iOS devices.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
- Poor battery life (The main benefit of playing on a handheld should be that it's battery life should be good enough to last you through several hours of gameplay. Like the DS line of handhelds.)
- Entry price (After what happened to Japan last year in terms of natural disasters, I don't think people there will want to put down $250 for a new handheld.)
- No on board memory
- Memory Cards are a requirement for many games (Some games won't even start without memory cards which is RIDICULOUS!)
- No backwards compatibility for physical copies of games (You have to re-buy all your games, digital copies with DRM.)
- You can't use the browser while playing a game (Let's say you're stuck at a certain part in a game, you have to save, quit, look it up, re-load your game THEN you're done. The 3DS can do this...)

More will come to light as time goes on, I'm sure. Sony is in for a tough ride against the 3DS and iOS devices.
Wow...I was expecting it could do more. Some of those cons surprised me. Honestly I'm not too much of a fan of relying on memory card unless I needed to backup save data in case I had problems with the console itself or sudden out of the blue corruptions.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I don't think the last complaint is something to stress over? And I have a 3DS and I don't think I can use the browser . . . I haven't tried, but the thing seems to only be able to do one thing at a time.

You should also complain about - Software price point (as high as $50) and bad usage of DLC (Ridge Racer is going to have $3 a car and $5 a track meanwhile the game is gonna be as bare bones as an arcade racer). Or how about it could very well be a port machine of PS3 games in the beginning of its lifecycle.

Speaking of -

http://gammasquad.uproxx.com/2012/01/five-reasons-you-shouldnt-buy-a-ps-vita

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Wow...I was expecting it could do more. Some of those cons surprised me. Honestly I'm not too much of a fan of relying on memory card unless I needed to backup save data in case I had problems with the console itself or sudden out of the blue corruptions.
Regardless, it's still a flaw.

I don't think the last complaint is something to stress over? And I have a 3DS and I don't think I can use the browser . . . I haven't tried, but the thing seems to only be able to do one thing at a time.

You should also complain about - Software price point (as high as $50) and bad usage of DLC (Ridge Racer is going to have $3 a car and $5 a track meanwhile the game is gonna be as bare bones as an arcade racer). Or how about it could very well be a port machine of PS3 games in the beginning of its lifecycle.

Speaking of -

http://gammasquad.uproxx.com/2012/01/five-reasons-you-shouldnt-buy-a-ps-vita
I don't care if most people have a laptop or iPod near them to look up guides/videos while playing a video game for help. It's a problem for me and a shame that the PSV can't handle multiple things open at once.

Also, I believe the 3DS can.

Yes, those are also problems. Thank you for pointing them out, ZIO.

I also checked over the link you posted, good stuff.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Okay - i can confirm the 3ds can do it - im postin from it.

still. that's a personal issue, and not one i think will be common. i know it's not something that would bug me.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Most of those issues...I would not care for. With that being said, I still hold no interest in buying one lol. Uncharted would be the only reason right now.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
The only reason I'm debating is because I'll need something to do when I'm out on deployment since I'll be at sea a lot. I got the 3DS but I know I might get bored of it after a while.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
F8AL posting in the wrong thread. Gotta get that post count up.

Honestly for me, it's just gonna boil down to which system is uh...hackable.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
F8AL posting in the wrong thread. Gotta get that post count up.

Honestly for me, it's just gonna boil down to which system is uh...hackable.
If you have a problem with the way I post, please PM me. I simply mistook this thread for the 3DS one, please don't make a big deal out of it.

Both will be hackable but this isn't the place to discuss this.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm going to list all the problems/"flaws" I have with the Vita (While repeating some which Ryu already posted):

- No on board memory
- You can't use the browser while playing a game (Let's say you're stuck at a certain part in a game, you have to save, quit, look it up, re-load your game THEN you're
done. The 3DS can do this...)

Seeing as I don't own a ps3, I hardly care about any of theses except the poor battery. I'm actually considering getting one, just too get it, but yeah. My main question is can iuse my psn from ps3?

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Vita continues to prove a success with this week's sales in - 42,648

Keep on truckin, Sony.

I'd give a link to the source, but it's all in japanese. I'll just wait until there's a site in english that reports the numbers.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I don't think they CAN, honestly.

They're already selling that thing at a loss. Although, to get those numbers up, they might have no choice.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Hmm. The. Memory card makes the thing basically 350...hmmm. There's no Vita games I want, but I can play mhfu on it XD.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
They need to confirm a new Locoroco, omg.

The system is crafted specifically for that game.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Seeing as I don't own a ps3, I hardly care about any of theses except the poor battery. I'm actually considering getting one, just too get it, but yeah. My main question is can iuse my psn from ps3?

Yes, but remember that you can only use one PSN account on a Vita at once.

Vita continues to prove a success with this week's sales in - 42,648

Keep on truckin, Sony.

I'd give a link to the source, but it's all in japanese. I'll just wait until there's a site in english that reports the numbers.
That's pretty bad...considering in week 1, the PSV sold like over 100,000 while in week 2, the PSV sold like 72,000.

And would this be a good source, ZIO? (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457828)

Also...

inb4thePSVisDOOMED
inb4thePSVpricedrop

I don't think they CAN, honestly.

They're already selling that thing at a loss. Although, to get those numbers up, they might have no choice.
Some retailers in Japan have already cut the price of the PSV.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Sony can afford to lose money with the PSV, look at the PS3, I don't think it started to make money till 2009. And they still haven't recouped all their loses from that. I think.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Hmm Get Vita on launch, or get another psp3000. Decisions, Decisions.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Hmm Get Vita on launch, or get another psp3000. Decisions, Decisions.
Well, it depends. For the PSV, you have to pay to download your old PSP games and not all of them will be available to convert from UMD to digital.

I'm still waiting for the price drop for the PSP-3000 when the PSV is out next month in NA. :)

Top Bottom