• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playstation Vita/VitaTV

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Vita games with internal memory can't use memory cards

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/25/vita-games-with-internal-memory-cant-use-memory-cards/

After reporting the list of games requiring an external memory card, Kotaku Japan followed up with SCEI to get more information about the save system.

Games capable of saving directly to their own cartridges, the site learned, won't offer you the option to save to an external card. That means you'll never be given the choice -- games that can save internally will always do so. The site also discovered that you'll have to have a memory card in the Vita at startup in order to operate games that require external storage.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Wow, so many silly mistakes.

Only reason I see why games with internal memory might not offer SD card saving is because they don't want people copying save files.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Honestly, I wasn't expecting any kind of UMD support, but it's something.

Still waiting on a new Locoroco.

Atlus8

Smash Master
I think they should give up, Nintendo dominates the handheld market. I would just quit trying, because I owned a PSP for years, and it was so meh.
LOL! I just had to bring this one up! If only we knew how badly the 3DS would have turned out back then!

No doubt Nintendo is coming up with a new 3DS model with a second analog stick! Also, I think the Vita is gonna do better than the 3DS, but it's not gonna be by a large margin! I haven't played with a 3DS myself, but reading some reviews for Super Mario 3D Land it appears that third party developers haven't really tapped into the potential of the 3DS! A real shame!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
No doubt Nintendo is coming up with a new 3DS model with a second analog stick!
Actually! There is much doubt! As much doubt as exclamation points in your post! Because Nintendo shot it down!

Spire

III
BRoomer
So far the Vita looks ****ing sketchy. As in, it doesn't seem to cater to proper public interests and is yet another money pit based on microtransactions or the concept therein. Ugh.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
PS Vita Memory Cards and Accessories Priced By Gamestop

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453418

4GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card - $29.99
8GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card - $44.99
16GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card - $69.99
32GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card - $119.99

PlayStation Vita AC Adaptor - $19.99
PS VITA Armor GameCase - $7.99
PS VITA ArmorShell - $12.99
PlayStation Vita Car Adaptor - $17.99
PlayStation Vita Card Case - $9.99
PlayStation Vita Carrying Case - $19.99
PlayStation Vita Cradle - $19.99
PS VITA Crystal Custom Case - $19.99
PlayStation Vita In-ear Headset - $19.99
PS VITA Nerf Armor - $17.99
PlayStation Vita Portable Charge - $49.99
PlayStation Vita Protective Film (Two Pack) - $14.99
PS VITA Pull N Go Folio - $29.99
PlayStation Vita Starter Kit - $29.99
PS Vita Starter Kit - $24.99
PS Vita Trigger Grip - $17.99
PlayStation Vita Travel Pouch - $19.99
PlayStation Vita USB Cable - $14.99
:urg:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Saw that four days ago.

lol, to get yourself good, you'll be spending a good $300+

Sony knows people will buy it too.

EDIT - Oh, and get this - Look at RIDGE RACER

I think that sports like, some 5 odd tracks for the full game. There's going to be DLC cars for $3 and tracks for $5 a pop.

The best Ridge Rager to date.

:awesome:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So according to this one guy who went to this Vita event...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454239

Q: How many PSN account can be set up on a Vita system?
A: Only 1 account. If you want to to use a different account, you need to format the system to factory settings.

- With this system, you can't play content from other regions in your account (for Trophies, usage of Friends List, etc.);
- With this system, only one person can use the handheld for personal purposes without resetting the settings (again, for Trophies, usage of Friends List, etc.);
- With this system, families can't "gameshare" digital content bought on one account through different Vita units.

Etc.

=/

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
- With this system, only one person can use the handheld for personal purposes without resetting the settings (again, for Trophies, usage of Friends List, etc.)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the same system that the 3DS uses? That's a bit disappointing.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Q: How many PSN account can be set up on a Vita system?
A: Only 1 account. If you want to to use a different account, you need to format the system to factory settings.
That's pretty dumb. I know the PSP could only allow 1 account, but you didn't have to reset it back to factory settings just for you to switch accounts.
This kinda screws me over if I ever do get DLC from the Japanese store for any imported games.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
That's pretty dumb. I know the PSP could only allow 1 account, but you didn't have to reset it back to factory settings just for you to switch accounts.
This kinda screws me over if I ever do get DLC from the Japanese store for any imported games.
I'm gonna take a lob at it and say that that's probably why they did this in he first place

:phone:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm gonna take a lob at it and say that that's probably why they did this in he first place

:phone:
If that was the reason, then they would have region locked the store like how Nintendo did for DSiware.
I just find it unnecessary for them to do this since Sony is already limiting account sharing as well.

Oh well, it's not a deal breaker for me getting a Vita.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Wow, the Vita is sure looking dissapointing as of now, I'd rather keep my PSP GO and keep my $250 bucks for something else, I mean, it won't even support video output or HDMI, even though it's a handheld it's still a nice feature to have, which was one of the main reasons I wanted it in the first place, the game line-up is meh.... I own most of them on PS3 already, I probably won't get it unless downloable PS2 titles are to be supported. ♥

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Sony Backtracks, Says Only One Account Per Vita

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/12/sony-vita-psn/

After getting everyone’s hopes up, Sony now says only one user account can be used on a PlayStation Vita.

Though a Sony representative told Wired.com at a Vita preview event last week in Manhattan that Vita users will be able to switch accounts by swapping out memory cards, the PlayStation maker has now retracted that statement. It told Wired.com in an email on Thursday that Vita owners will indeed have to reset their hardware to factory settings, deleting all of their data, in order to sign in with a different PlayStation Network account.

Sony will release Vita in Japan on Saturday and in the U.S. on February 22.

“[The] PSN account is tied to the hardware and the memory card, not just the card,” a different Sony representative said in an e-mail, “which means that if a second person is using your Vita, it’s not just a case of switching out memory cards, it’s clearing out all of your saved data on the Vita itself when you do the factory reset.”

“In other words, PlayStation Vita is intended to be played by only one user,” the representative said.

Vita users will have to delete all of their data in order to use new accounts on Sony’s online network, which is used for both digital shopping and multiplayer gaming. The PlayStation 3 and PSP allow users to sign in with separate accounts. They also allow players in different regions to create Japanese or European accounts to download games from those regions. It seems that neither of these things will be possible on PlayStation Vita — at least not without jumping through some as-yet-undiscovered loopholes.
Welp. So basically, the PSV is region-locked. Unless you delete everything.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I don't see the big deal about only having one account on a Playstation Vita, unless you had some siblings using the handheld as well. My main issue with this handheld is the price of the memory cards, holy crap.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I don't see the big deal about only having one account on a Playstation Vita, unless you had some siblings using the handheld as well. My main issue with this handheld is the price of the memory cards, holy crap.
Some people create JPN PSNs to download DLC/arcade games from there.

Do you see the problem now?

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Some people create JPN PSNs to download DLC/arcade games from there.

Do you see the problem now?
Yeah, that could definitely be a problem. Though a good solution would be to make all games available on the japanese PSN to be available for all countries. But sadly I doubt it will happen. I don't understand why they don't just make games available for all countries, the downloadable ones at least. Is it too much money to make certain downloadable games available to all countries?

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Pretty sure it has something to do with licensing issues. You know...like Xenoblade :troll:
Well that's unfortunate. Also I can't believe a 32 gb memory card is 100 dollars AFTER Sony decided to lower the price. Competitive pricing my ***.

Edit: I mean seriously, normal sd cards that are 32 gb are like only 40 bucks, I know Sony wants to stop pirating by using specifically formatted memory cards but why does it have to be so ****ing expensive?!

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I ask myself the same question with Microsoft's 360 hard drives.
Yeah but at least the hardrive comes with the console. But does the Vita even come with its own memory card? I heard it came with no memory card at all and you have to buy one yourself, though I could be wrong.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yeah but at least the hardrive comes with the console. But does the Vita even come with its own memory card? I heard it came with no memory card at all and you have to buy one yourself, though I could be wrong.
I don't believe it does, any most games require a memory card. Only some have built-in memory to save your stuff to. ;-;

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah... I wanna get a Vita, but I'm always afraid of sony stuff on launch... D:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well they got a great library of games with Uncharted leading the way. Honestly, I've heard great things about Uncharted, and there seems to be another game or two I'd be interested in picking up if I bought one.

We'll see how easy it is to hack the Vita given how much Sony has been pushing this propriety stuff.

Top Bottom