• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale": Sony's version of Super Smash Bros.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Got into a ranked with a Black Belt Fat Princess and a Black Belt Drake at the same time...

God Fat Princess is ridiculous, lmao. Still, Im just happy I tied with the Drake for second xD

solidus51

Smash Rookie
yea you guys can make any disscusion in the character forums for allstar on allstararena.com. cmon and support the site oh add my psn for 1v1 with a real drake

STEM

Smash Cadet
This game is really buggy for a final release. Sometimes the belt doesnt show up when the game is loading, sometimes you get the wrong character, and a few times I won/got in second in a FFA and my belt either went down or stayed the same (as a blue belt...). I also hope they do some balancing and they add 1v1 online.
Also when I got my green belt it said -11 blue belt. I don't know why, since I got in first and I still got my green belt.
Does anyone know the exact #'s you gain or lose for first, second, third, and fourth for each belt?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sonic Storm should make a list of PSN IDs so we can all play sometime.
If I can get a quick list of PSN IDs by tomorrow afternoon, I'll gladly do so.

I don't have a PS3 or PSVita myself, but my brother does. Maybe I'll let him know and maybe he'll go get it. He's a big Cole fan.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Pretty sure he means putting all the PSNs of people in this thread in the OP so people here can find other people to play.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
My copy came in just recently. Messed around a lot, decided to be a sackboy main and radec secondary. That secondary might change pretty quickly, though.

loving those tech chases

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Almost back into the top 100! My goal for today is to get into Brown Belt (cuz back when I DID get into top 100, red belt was considered it, but now there are more people and like, 60 people passed me >.>)

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Everyone's unlocked from the get-go.

If anyone's trying to get this list going...

PSN: Kmatador77

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
It's something that should be tested, at least. As things stand, Sackboy in 1v1s is dumb.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
2 stocks, better make it 4 or more if stock really is the mode that is considered IMO, 2 stocks is soo fast and makes some lv2 to powerful which is what you want to make the impression that shouldnt matter. Also Raidens lv1 is better the less stocks there is.

More important note, there is a new "black hole" kind of glitch in this game(in the least capable of making the game crash). Might hint something about it later^^

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So imo, if I had to make a tier list based on my experience playing in the top 100-200, Id say it looks something like:

S Tier: Kratos, Sackboy, Nathan, Raiden, Sly
A Tier: Nariko, Ratchet, Cole/Evil Cole, Radec, Dante, PaRappa
B Tier: Fat Princess, Heihachi, Sweet Tooth, Toro
C Tier: Spike, Jak, Sir Daniel, Big Daddy

Obviously not gonna be perfect and my opinions should change on some things, but Id say thats what it looks like based on currently player skill existing atm. Also, not sure who is better between Cole or Evil Cole yet, both both are quite good imo.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Oh the irony when all my favorite Sony characters are on the bottom half of the list, and all the ones I...don't care for (cept Sly and Kratos) are on the upper half. Makes me sad to see that Sir Dan isn't too well received so far.

Course, I don't even have a PS3 so it shouldn't really matter to me any ways :p

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Just in general, but mostly thinking about it in a 1v1 situation.

But I myself love Sir Dan, and comboing into his level 2 is sexy and so is reading an air tech into dat easy level 1 kill :D

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I agree, fat princess is quite good, i got stomped once by a really good black belt fat princess. But just to make everything clear, on that list, imo S tier = top tier, A = high tier, B = high mid tier, and C = mid tier. I honestly dont think anyone is bad in this game, and for example, with fat princess, imo shes like top of high mid tier, which is still really good.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
So imo, if I had to make a tier list based on my experience playing in the top 100-200, Id say it looks something like:

Obviously not gonna be perfect and my opinions should change on some things, but Id say thats what it looks like based on currently player skill existing atm. Also, not sure who is better between Cole or Evil Cole yet, both both are quite good imo.
Mind explaining your placement of Nathan?

Edit: I agree with 2 stocks. 3 stock matches take so long, amongst other reasons

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Nathan is one of the best keepaway characters with some great projectiles like the barrel, tranquilizer, and handgun, as well as one of the best meter building characters with great combos that can start from mid range, he has one of the fastest level 1s that in FFA and 2v2 can also score multiple kills almost instantly and covers his blind spot, a great level 2 for super counters and tech chasing, a level 3 that gives him at least 2-3 kills in a 1v1, and 4+ in FFA and 2v2, good mobility, and a handful of traps. Also has the Run'N'Gun loop, which allows him 130+ ap from really far away, and is set up easily.

What more could you ask for lol.

ChoZoX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChoZoX
PSN: ChoZoX7

Edit: I also agree with the 2 stock idea. At least test it. Hopefully they add stock time limits later.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Matadors Jak is something else

Gonna study that match up and come back for you bro

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Nathan is one of the best keepaway characters with some great projectiles like the barrel, tranquilizer, and handgun, as well as one of the best meter building characters with great combos that can start from mid range, he has one of the fastest level 1s that in FFA and 2v2 can also score multiple kills almost instantly and covers his blind spot, a great level 2 for super counters and tech chasing, a level 3 that gives him at least 2-3 kills in a 1v1, and 4+ in FFA and 2v2, good mobility, and a handful of traps. Also has the Run'N'Gun loop, which allows him 130+ ap from really far away, and is set up easily.

What more could you ask for lol.
Felt it might be a good idea to show you exactly what the Run'N'Gun loop is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doNCg3AgbtA Its used quite often online. Also, imo this vid shows you how Drake works as a character really well, although it doesnt show you any of his long range combos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=ZQjYj1JEHTM

How does parappa's jukebox work with different ap gains?
I dont know what you mean by this

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
My psn name is whoa_you_go_guy

I'll be on and off the next few days

:phone:

Top Bottom