• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale": Sony's version of Super Smash Bros.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
^ Agreed.

Dart's Divine dragon Cannon and Dragoon Morphs fit perfectly here.

also I'm kinda hoping Snake gets his M9.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
just had a revelation. if tomba is in this game, then consider me ****ING sold. I KNOW YOU'RE ALL LURKING THIS THREAD, SUPER BOT.

PUT. TOMBA. IN. THIS. GAME.

Jinkwai

Smash Apprentice
If this ends up being legit, we should start an online community with forums, assuming Superbot doesn't try.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
^truer words have never been spoken.

lets just hope it doesn't die on a vine like the dissidia community did.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
If this ends up being legit, we should start an online community with forums, assuming Superbot doesn't try.
It could work, but the key is attracting enough people who are actually interested in it. Unless SWF decides to create a small board dedicated to this game, I doubt we'll see an actual long-lived community for this game if it doesn't garner enough hype.
^truer words have never been spoken.

lets just hope it doesn't die on a vine like the dissidia community did.
I was part of the Dissidia community, but that place was marred by inactivity to the point where the forums were just... dead. I don't even think they've established a tier list for Duodecim yet.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ahaha, they're gonna be at Free Press Summerfest? That's TODAY. Gonna go play Playstation All-Stars, I'll report back to you guys tonight.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Just got in. It wasn't available. Instead they had Starhawk, The Amazing Spiderman, Twisted Metal, Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur 5, Street Fighter vs. Tekken, and NBA Live 13. Oh and maybe SSX. But no Playstation All Stars Battle Royale. Wouldn't PlayStation Battle Stars suffice as a name? Edit: oh, PBS..

They won't have it tomorrow either. Rats!

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
this Gamefaqs post made a good point for BD's reveal:

Just means that Big Daddy is the Snake of Playsation All-Stars, in the sense that it was a Xbox character, with one or two games ported to the ps3, resulting in him being in due to popularity :p
it's kinda funny now that I think about it.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Big Daddy is kind of dumb. It doesn't have much of anything to do with Sony. Like, I could see Solid Snake. But Big Daddy has more to do with Microsoft.

What is worrying is if they go too far with third party characters. They need to establish their own line up. Or maybe they admit their's too weak.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Big Daddy is kind of dumb. It doesn't have much of anything to do with Sony. Like, I could see Solid Snake. But Big Daddy has more to do with Microsoft.

What is worrying is if they go too far with third party characters. They need to establish their own line up. Or maybe they admit their's too weak.
Yeah, Big Daddy doesn't make sense to me, either. They should stick to third party IPs that contributed a great deal to the PlayStation legacy. Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy (VII, X), Metal Gear and Tekken come to mind, among others. All of which are still relevant today.

They have plenty to pull from. If their final line-up fails to represent PlayStation, they just weren't ambitious enough with their own material. :/

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think Sony is being smart. It's like a balance of third party and first party. They personally know that Sony's own mascots will only lure in the hardcore Sony audience. When you have guys like Big Daddy, you are getting fans of that series. You manage to get in Snake, and you got fans of Konami pouring in. Overall, it won't be just a hardcore Sony game. It will be a game that can appeal to almost any hardcore gaming fan.

LLDL

Smash Hero
**** man I was waiting for them to confirm classic crash bandicoot

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
^yep, someone's losing their job tonight.

more news tomorrow about PAS, so here's hoping it's about the other modes and single player.

Top Bottom