• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing Ganondorf in Brawl+ and How to Continue Murdering People

luvs2pluck

Smash Apprentice
The thing is, he could have teched the VERY LAST Dair on all of those stocks and he didn't, and it's really easy to tech now (just hold the darned button down when you're near the ground). SO, no johns.
ok I'm sure I must be missing something here. You're telling me chibo could have teched the dairs at 38 sec and 52 sec, how? The only missed techs he had were at 11 sec, 47 sec, and 1:04, none of which led into the skyride.

I'm 99% percent sure you cant tech while standing/rolling on the ground and hit by a dair.

Revven

FrankerZ
ok I'm sure I must be missing something here. You're telling me chibo could have teched the dairs at 38 sec and 52 sec, how? The only missed techs he had were at 11 sec, 47 sec, and 1:04, none of which led into the skyride.

I'm 99% percent sure you cant tech while standing/rolling on the ground and hit by a dair.
Not the grounded ones that launch him, the ones where he gets hit up and then Vex hits him down again which led to the next one that shot him up into the Skyride.

It's avoidable by teching.

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
Try not to think that Ganon is OP or anything. If you look in the first few seconds of the match, Falco was winning with lasers and shield pressure. Then he ruined it and decided to approach. The match is still in Falco's favor.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Not the grounded ones that launch him, the ones where he gets hit up and then Vex hits him down again which led to the next one that shot him up into the Skyride.

It's avoidable by teching.
If I stomp him at 40 on the ground I can short hop overb, u cannot escape this once ur stomped because of hitstun.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Yes, CloneHat, which is what SMK has been trying to say...
He just worded it all weird-like >_>

Yeah, Chibo had the match with Laser pressure, but decided to approach instead.
Vex then proceeded to ****. Chibo didn't tech a single Stomp at all, and took a one-way flight on Ganon Airlines...

Sheeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaooooooooooooooh.....*CRASH!!!!*

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Yes, CloneHat, which is what SMK has been trying to say...
He just worded it all weird-like >_>

Yeah, Chibo had the match with Laser pressure, but decided to approach instead.
Vex then proceeded to ****. Chibo didn't tech a single Stomp at all, and took a one-way flight on Ganon Airlines...

Sheeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaooooooooooooooh.....*CRASH!!!!*
He teched the ones after, at high percent, but not the 2nd ones. :confused:
Nice match summary!:laugh:

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Honestly, it looks like it would've been way more effective to just fair him and edgeguard lol

Pretty much every time vex pulled that off, he had already dealt a fair bit of damage to chibo, and he (vex) was at a relatively low percent. Really, this "skyride combo" is just something flashy you should only be pulling off once in a while, when it would be advantageous for you to give up a stock in order to take your opponent down. If you're at a low percent just **** them like you normally would =/

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Honestly, it looks like it would've been way more effective to just fair him and edgeguard lol

Pretty much every time vex pulled that off, he had already dealt a fair bit of damage to chibo, and he (vex) was at a relatively low percent. Really, this "skyride combo" is just something flashy you should only be pulling off once in a while, when it would be advantageous for you to give up a stock in order to take your opponent down. If you're at a low percent just **** them like you normally would =/
or, say if im at 4 stocks 100%, and my opponent is at 3 stocks 40-50ish %, dair overb done.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium

Well if you know the spacing well enough, you could figure out where it will spike them down while Ganondorf stays on the stage.
While unrealistic, it is possible to know where it will work and only use it then.

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
Skyriding ***** their pride. Whenever you set that up, it destroys their confidence and makes them play worse. The same can be said with falcon punches and stuff. Also it's really cool looking. I vote skyriding for greatest new combo created in brawl+.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
Holy hell, i Knew this was possible! Just could never get the timing. it's not hard to time, i'd imagine though.

seeing it in action is really...intensely awesome though. his dair spacing is great too, with the auto-canceling.

this is, like...ganon's dthrow to knee. except he dies.

...Usually.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Dair to over B is old. Its like one of the things we first found out with momentum. XD

And lol @ chibo being an aggressive falco against a thunderstomp happy ganon. XD

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Ok guys, the video was cool and all and the technique can be situational useful. Let's get back on topic though. Back to C. Falcon.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea i understand i didnt tech as much as i shoulda lol, my timing was off. it was the first brawl+ friendly we had after a couple days of melee training and playing at SPOC7. but no johns. once i miss one tech your guaranteed another hit with a missed tech due to timing, but either way, when ur hit on the ground with a dair and you up... you cant tech that, which is the start of the skyride combo.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I just got Brawl+, and I have to say that Ganondorf has to be my favorite character thusfar. Fair is too good.

And I nearly creamed my pants when I got off a Choke->Dtilt-> Fair combo.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Dair is absolute **** with Ganon, I can't get enough of him since I got brawl+
Dthrow>Upsmash>Dair
simply amazing

kupo15

Smash Hero
once i miss one tech your guaranteed another hit with a missed tech due to timing, but either way, when ur hit on the ground with a dair and you up... you cant tech that, which is the start of the skyride combo.
This is the point when you start DIing because that will save you just as well as teching would. And you can DI pretty far away.

Its not an OP combo because if he pulls itt off at low percents, then it won't cide if you DI towards the center of the stage because he is low to the ground and at higher percents, he cant even pull it off if you DI correctly.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I made this artist's rendition of the new wizkick in Brawl+. I think it would make an insightful addition to the guide:

Discuss.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Great picture SHeLL.

Ganondorf is getting some tweaks here and there in the next sets so I will hold off from updating on the guide for the time being.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
NICE PICTURE!

Also, I just saw a video, and someone used Wizkick off the stage, then turned around with a Murder choke. Mindgames!

stRIP

Smash Ace
That Wizkick buff, in which the wizkick hits like a truck full of fat kids eating cake, is in 4.1 right?

Because its not in the 4.0 version im using :<

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I'm thinking that I just might have to move Ganondorf from a secondary to a main now. He's just that amazing. A character this powerful shouldn't be able to combo this well.

Vs Ike:

Side B -> Dtilt -> Forward Smash off the ledge -> Dair

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I'm thinking that I just might have to move Ganondorf from a secondary to a main now. He's just that amazing. A character this powerful shouldn't be able to combo this well.

Vs Ike:

Every hit in that string is easily escapable. lol

SideB can be teched now, so sideB -> dtilt is not a combo.

kupo15

Smash Hero

Vs Ike:

His momentum is very unganonlike.

Shields from leaf's flaming breath

kupo15

Smash Hero
It's awesome to see Ganondorf fly so far. He is a stout old man and jumps like a track star.
I think it might constitute a little bit to him being quite powerful. He can have more than melee, but I think the setting is too high for now. He isn't falcon >_<

kupo15

Smash Hero
Because ganon is clearly vb metaknight tier right now, right? The momentum really lends itself well to ganon's playstyle.
Momentum lends well to ganon but it would appear he gets the same momentum as falcon. 85% works pretty well for ganon anyway. We should buff the tipman spike kb :p

Top Bottom