• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playable SSE Stages with Video!

Ianx3

Smash Cadet
I can't seem to make any stage to work on even the Wifi room. Apparently I'm doing something wrong that I'm not seeing. Perhaps someone could post a picture tutorial?

Ianx3

Smash Cadet
What exactly are you doing? tell us step by step. did you rename everything correctly?
I followed the instructions exactly... Buttttt, I learn better visually. I get confused with steps and such >_>. I can't really say what I'm doing step by step, because I have to leave for church soon.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Rudementry, how did you manage to take a small section of a side scrolling stage and turn it into a self-contained brawling stage (as in http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/9990/73568c6d36d4bef4.jpg, or that other long one that you split into 4 separate stages)? If I knew how how chop up pieces of the side scrolling stages and give them normal cameras and boundries, it would help me a lot in finding new stages to replace.

Also, a lot of these potentially awesome stages (such as the one in the picture I just quoted) are lacking grabbable edges, which makes them almost worthless for fighting on in a serious match. Is there any way to solve this problem or are we forced to have a ton of well-balanced stages banned from competitive play because they lack edges?

Lokee

Smash Apprentice
I can't seem to make any stage to work on even the Wifi room. Apparently I'm doing something wrong that I'm not seeing. Perhaps someone could post a picture tutorial?
I think I may be having the same problems.
I have a Custom Codeset: Balanced Brawl with Texture Hack Codes.

So Hanabow is my Wifi-Stage. However when I go to the Wifi Stage in general it Freezes.
1) Tried selecting Hanabow to go to the Waiting Room= Freeze
2) Went Online to go on the Waiting Room= Freeze
Both as soon as it loads

I placed the STGONLINETRAINING.pac file in the melee folder on my SD card of which is the stage were Samus's Armor is in the back.

If anyone could help or if im doing something obviously wrong tell me. Thanx in advanced.

EDIT: I also have brawl music files but not the codes on my SD and the Mewtwo project PSA

Ianx3

Smash Cadet
I'm using regular Brawl, with the Phantom Wings replacement code. I have a custom Stage Select with the Wi-Fi training room stage added to it.

Mit

Smash Ace
I think I may be having the same problems.
I have a Custom Codeset: Balanced Brawl with Texture Hack Codes.

So Hanabow is my Wifi-Stage. However when I go to the Wifi Stage in general it Freezes.
1) Tried selecting Hanabow to go to the Waiting Room= Freeze
2) Went Online to go on the Waiting Room= Freeze
Both as soon as it loads

I placed the STGONLINETRAINING.pac file in the melee folder on my SD card of which is the stage were Samus's Armor is in the back.

If anyone could help or if im doing something obviously wrong tell me. Thanx in advanced.

EDIT: I also have brawl music files but not the codes on my SD and the Mewtwo project PSA
Let me know if you get this working. I also use a BBrawl file with File replacement enabled. I would LOVE to replace some stages with SSE stages.

Does everyone generally replace Wifi training though? I like the Wifi training stage. Is it possible to replace other levels like Rumble Falls with SSE stages?

I don't even know how to do it right now @_@ All I do is use simple cheats and file replacement. No clue what Brawl Box is, never touched PSA (if this involves PSA at all...)

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I almost want to lock this thread.
We really don't need everyone and their mother making stages if so many people can't do it right.

I almost want to lock this thread.
We really don't need everyone in their mother making stages if so many people can't do it right.
Forget babies, lets make some stages.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Does everyone generally replace Wifi training though? I like the Wifi training stage. Is it possible to replace other levels like Rumble Falls with SSE stages?
Yes, but I think some stages don't work so well as bases because of their design. For example, Rumble Falls scrolls, so it has a strange base to replace with an SSE stage.

However, with Dantarion's new code, that shouldn't matter.

Codec01

Smash Cadet
Is there any way to open the Type1[0] files? I tried ssbextract and brawlbox but none of them worked.

Lokee

Smash Apprentice
Still cant get it to work correctly and I downloaded a different file.

Do I need a code OTHER than the File Replacement code.

Majora252

Smash Rookie
Ugh. I can't get this too work. I download a file and put it into the melee file. But when i try to load it, it crashes. What am I doing wrong?

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I think the ASL is great, but it decreases the likelihood of any of the variants being randomly selected over a stage that has no variants. Possible solution: a custom random stage select where you can increase the probability of a certain stage being selected. For example, Wifi Training room is set to have 4 possible stages, so you increase the probability that the random stage select will choose Rumble Falls (or whatever WTR is set to replace) be 4x.

This isn't really necessary but the more stages you put in WTR, the less likely it is that you will see any one of them individually.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Since I haven't tested the code I don't know if you've considered this yet.

freezinboi280

Smash Cadet
after reading the post, it sounds easy enough to do. i think i'll try making Tabuu Destination replace Final Destination when I have the time, since there's already one for Online Training.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Yeah, you didn't say where, I tried searching for "No platform stage" but I can't find it, and its not on Jack's SSE List.
If you can manage to find it / anyone knows where it is, can you PM me the details so I can add it to the thread?

And if you could get me those TPS reports, that be GREAT.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
what do i gotta do to get this stuff working!!!

*dramatically explodes*

I'm getting stages you people upload, already the right name, put them in place loading wifi room, freeze!

Mit

Smash Ace
hmm i tried replacing Final Destination with Tabuu Destination yesterday, but failed =/
If the hacked stage is hacked to replace the Wifi Waiting Room .pac, I believe you have to replace Wifi Waiting Room.

I tried replacing Flat Zone with a Wifi Waiting Room hacked stage, and it also froze.

Someone has to hack together stages that replace Final Destination for that to work. I'm actually going to be trying to do so soon, but I'm guessing I'm going to run into problems.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Or maybe he's talking about my master list of all SSE stage hacks. It's probably on second or third page by now; no one's sent me any new stages to update with, so it hasn't been bumped in a while.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Question:

Could you actually save these stages to an SD card and play them on a non-hacked Wii?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Wait, what?

I'm confused now.

Basically:

I'm using Custom stages currently in my MWC.

It'd be awesome if instead of building custom stages we could actually take stages from SSE and just load them from an SD card. Just trying to see if these stages are viable on a non-hacked Wii.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Wait, what?

I'm confused now.

Basically:

I'm using Custom stages currently in my MWC.

It'd be awesome if instead of building custom stages we could actually take stages from SSE and just load them from an SD card. Just trying to see if these stages are viable on a non-hacked Wii.
You need to be able to use the codes PW posted, that's all. So, if you use the specific hack that allows you to load codes via the Stage Builder (i.e. on an unmodified Wii), you can use this. Balanced Brawl and Brawl+ both are set up to be able to work like this, so you could easily modify their codeset to only add these files to the Wii.

The only drawback is that you couldn't use custom stages at all.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Would anyone happen to know which SSE pac file number is the Shadow Bug No Platform Stage?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
hmmm....

I'll have to look into this. I admittedly know very, very little about using Brawl hacks. :)

I don't even know how to begin, so it'd take some learning. ^_^

Top Bottom