• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play 'n' Trade - NYC - Oct 18, 08 - SSBB 1v1/2v2 - NYC is back baby! - bring setups!!

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Lol, an age restriction would be silly... Plus, don't you have to be like 13 to sign up for Smashboards anyway? XD

Bum? I've never heard of this kid before, he must be crap. $50 MM! (if you can't tell that there is a great amount of sarcasm in this sentence then you should be killed)

nintendomaster24

Smash Cadet
NNID
NMaster
Is there a possibility of the place being full? And if it is, I'm assuming it's best to show up early to get a spot right?

Max Ketchum

<_< There are no "spots"...you'll be cycling on and off the TVs, not just camping one the whole event. And I've never been to this venue before but I'm pretty sure that it's not gonna be full, but all of the TVs will probably always have a match going at once if that's what you're asking

Max Ketchum

Alright, our car is bringing a guaranteed one TV and one Wii. Possibly an extra one of each, and maybe MELEE!

Unrefined

Smash Journeyman
3 coming from Scranton, PA.
Driving, will parking be an issue? Is there space or a garage nearby?
Melee needs to go away forever =)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
on the block itself is a good deal of parking if ur coming from nyc i suggest train only cause its a LOT more conveinet...i mean...nyc traffic is GHEY

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
on the block itself is a good deal of parking if ur coming from nyc i suggest train only cause its a LOT more conveinet...i mean...nyc traffic is GHEY
you dont know the half of it man and parking is a beast :(. Thank goodness for our reliable transit system (even if we do have to pay $2 just for a one way, lousy *******s).

Ritch

Smash Journeyman
are there going to be any more links at the tourney? i'd be upset if im the only one and it's going to be hella challenging for me XD

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Hey guys I just wanted to make a few comments about tomorrow and the store itself.

I think what greenblob said is very true. Yes the store is a little cramped but it does include a downstairs area and a small area for people outside. Weather is looking good and I think this will help alot also. Unfortunately , the venue I wanted at this point was not available. At the same, this tournament is to help promote the store for my friend Chris. As for the next monthly it will most likely take place at web2zone depending on this turnout ( Hopefully this all works out). I really encourage everyone to show up and show their skills. I apologize for the space but it was the best I could do in my personal budget.

As far as the chairs I spoke about in a previous post. Unfortunately there was an issue purchasing some so we tried to get as many as possible. Due to a personal issue the manager could not purchase the chairs needed for this event. He, me , and Chris would like to really apologize for that and hope that we do our best that day to help everyone have a good time.

Bottom line you guys know I do the best I can to make sure we all have a good time. This is one of those occasions where a lot of things happened that had a few things fall through. It is no ones fault but because they are a gaming store that sells games a lot of things had to be address that was OUTSIDE of the tournament itself that is the cause for these reasons. These monthlies are for you guys and I hope you all know how hard I worked to get NYC back together and to show we can still do it better than everyone out there. I will see you all tomorrow at 11am sharp.

Til then Layter Dayz

Alex

False Soundz

Smash Apprentice
Light it's worth a shot to ask this, so I guess I'll go out with it.

Can me and my crew get a TV for warm-ups once we get there? Because we didn't play for a while considering school and the fact I have the only wii and my wii mote was somewhere in my friends house.

Crew members Gateway : False Soundz, Atire, Dimka, Steve, and maybe Speed might show up. But the first 4 for sure.

False Soundz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that's what I meant. I just wanted to see if I can get a permanent hold of one TV. But since my crew decided they don't want to go I'm only coming with a doubles partner so ignore my last post, we'll just warm-up with random people.

Unrefined

Smash Journeyman
Umm, you guys did what you could with 170 people showing... things should have been cut earlier, like double elim doubles... and maybe should have stopped signups for sings at like 128 or something and did something with that... the pools took forever and the 5min lower percentage rule sucked ***. soo much camping near the end of matches...

Good to see the turnout for you guys.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Tell everybody that top 4 in pools is gonna advance, and then two hours afterwards tell everybody that only top 2 from pools is going because you don't have time.

Yeah, wasting two hours of my life - Definitely not going to this venue again.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Fun Fact: Believing you don't have to try as hard and just aim for top four will actually send you packing home because people decide to close venues randomly without warning.

Also, on a related note, good **** standing around for a hour or two before letting everyone know. (Not Alex, I mean the workers or w/e)

Shoutouts in results or something I suppose.
Makes me want to quit Brawl in a way. Har har.

Top Bottom