• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Platform Fighter Exploration Thread: Round 117: General RAAM

Gengar84

Smash Hero
15 noms to Predator

I’m a big Fire Emblem fan but I don’t really know much about Heroes since I don’t follow mobile games. Do you guys envision Kiran’s moveset involving summoning various FE characters throughout the series to perform different attacks? That’s the first thing that comes to mind when I think of FE Heroes.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Noms:
Scizor ×5

I whipped up some FEH Spirit Battles a while back, and Kiran is one of them.
View attachment 302506Kiran (Fire Emblem Heroes)
Class: ★★★★
Type: Support (Neutral)
Cost: ⬡
Effect: Assist Killer
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultmarth: (Color 8)
  • Minions:
    • :ultbyleth:x2 (Colors 1 and 2)
    • :ultcorrin:x2 (Colors 1 and 2)
    • :ultrobin:x2 (Colors 1 and 2)
    • :ultlucina: (default)
    • :ultchrom: (default)
    • :ultike:x2 (Colors 1 and 2)
    • :ultroy: (default)
  • Stage: :castlesiege:
  • Music Track: Fire Emblem Theme (Heroic Origins)
  • Match: Horde battle (12 enemies)
  • Conditions:
    • Hostile Assist Trophies (Lyn, Tiki and Black Knight)
    • Defeat an army of fighters
    • The enemy will suddenly have a Final Smash
View attachment 302504Alfonse (Fire Emblem Heroes)
Class: ★★
Type: Primary (Attack)
Slots: ⬡⬡
Effect: Critical Hit +
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultchrom: (Color 7)
  • Stage: Coliseum
  • Music Track: Prelude (Ablaze)
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy's sword attacks have increased power
    • The enemy starts the battle with Death's Scythe
View attachment 302507Sharena (Fire Emblem Heroes)
Class: ★
Type: Support (Shield)
Effect: Fairy Bottle Equipped
View attachment 302505Anna (Fire Emblem Heroes)
Class: ★★★
Type: Support (Grab)
Effect: Weapon Attack +
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultbylethf: (Color 4)
  • Stage: Arena Ferox
  • Music Track: Gear Up For...
  • Match: Stamina (170HP)
  • Conditions:
    • Stamina battle
    • The enemy favors special moves
    • The enemy's melee weapons have increased power

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I’m a big Fire Emblem fan but I don’t really know much about Heroes since I don’t follow mobile games. Do you guys envision Kiran’s moveset involving summoning various FE characters throughout the series to perform different attacks? That’s the first thing that comes to mind when I think of FE Heroes.
Probably the best move, yeah... More recent modes have had the Summoner be able to transform the summoning-gun into an axe, lance, sword, and tome, but that would kind of just be Byleth with a mobile game coat of paint...

Delzethin does have a pretty good pitch for their kit!

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Probably the best move, yeah... More recent modes have had the Summoner be able to transform the summoning-gun into an axe, lance, sword, and tome, but that would kind of just be Byleth with a mobile game coat of paint...

Delzethin does have a pretty good pitch for their kit!
That’s cool. I’ve always liked summoner style characters and this could give us a chance to see FE characters that wouldn’t have made the cut otherwise like Tharja or Dimitri.

I used to watch Delzethins’s videos and he comes up with some really interesting movesets. I’ll check this later today.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
10 noms to Commander Shepard my dudes

So I have not really fallen into the Fire Emblem Heroes craze yet but I have heard that the summoner wields a gun. The gun fires heroes apparently which makes total sense but would it still fit for a projectile-based run-and-gun style fighter instead of the summoning that I hear about a lot?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Question about Kiran: how much of his set would be "summoner"?

Like, Duck Hunt only has one Special where he summons the Wild Gunman, while Olimar's moveset entirely revolves around Pikmin that he can summon at will. But what about Kiran? I dunno how to implement his summoning gimmicks while making him not too gimmicky.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Oh, wait, I thought of some potential specials for Kiran!

B : Summon Ally; Kiran summons either Alfonse, Sharena or Anna to assist them
  • Alfonse uses Sol, which heals Kiran half the damage it deals
  • Sharena uses Rally, which temporarily boosts Kiran's stats
  • Anna uses Astra, where she goes trigger happy with her axe, Nóatun
B + Forwards : Daylight; With the help of Alfonse, Kiran thrusts forward bathed in light. Kiran can let go by holding B.
B + Up : Rally Defense; With the help of Sharena, Kiran jumps up and lands towards the ground. Holding B has Sharena toss Kiran higher into the air.
B + Down : Night Sky; With the help of Anna, Kiran borrows Nóatun to spin around. Tapping B instead has Anna deliver a single, powerful strike.

Final Smash: Order of Heroes; Kiran fires a beam that traps up to 4 opponents, who are then taken into a cutscene where Alfonse, Sharena and Anna all attack them before Kiran finishes with a giant orb of light.

The Summon attack cycles between Alfonse, Sharena and Anna, whose FEH sprites are shown on Kiran's HUD. Only one ally can be summoned at a time, and each one has a 5-second cooldown before they can be summoned again.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Oh here's something. What would Kiran's alternate costumes be like? They've added customization recently to FEH as far as I've heard. Would it be a Robin situation where it's a default male and female model colored differently, would they have totally different hairstyles and faces, or would the hood just be up the whole time?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Oh here's something. What would Kiran's alternate costumes be like? They've added customization recently to FEH as far as I've heard. Would it be a Robin situation where it's a default male and female model colored differently, would they have totally different hairstyles and faces, or would the hood just be up the whole time?
I'd imagine they'd be more based on the FEH-original characters, so a blue robe based on Fjorm and a black one based on Veronica, for example.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
I think for the sake of simplicity, have the hood up all times, but have the outfit's color based on different characters and kingdoms.
  1. Askr (default)
  2. Emblia (black)
  3. Nifl (cyan)
  4. Múspell (red)
  5. Air (black/white)
  6. Lif (black/blue)
  7. Peony (green/orange)
  8. Plumeria (purple/white)

amageish

Smash Master
Okay, we seem to have collected a bunch of questions, so lemme give 'em my best shot.

That’s cool. I’ve always liked summoner style characters and this could give us a chance to see FE characters that wouldn’t have made the cut otherwise like Tharja or Dimitri.

I used to watch Delzethins’s videos and he comes up with some really interesting movesets. I’ll check this later today.
Yeah, it'd definitely make for a good cameo cavalcade!

Hopefully you enjoy the video!

So I have not really fallen into the Fire Emblem Heroes craze yet but I have heard that the summoner wields a gun. The gun fires heroes apparently which makes total sense but would it still fit for a projectile-based run-and-gun style fighter instead of the summoning that I hear about a lot?
I mean, yeah, the gun can also fire Bullets But Magic[TM], though I don't think Kiran being a full-time gunner would suit the character. More of a "Gunner for neutrals; summoner for specials" situation...

what sort of stage would kiran have? anything really stand outish which would be odd for fe
Well, let's rundown our options! FEH's main Kingdom is named Askr, which is largely your standard fantasy kingdom-place. It's rival kingdom is named Embla (I know, very clever name) and it is largely your standard fantasy kingdom-place, but ~25% more evil.

askr1.jpg
askr4.jpg

Book two introduced Nifl and Muspell, the Kingdoms of Ice and Fire, respectively.

askr2.jpg
askr3.jpg

Book three introduced Hel, the land of the dead.

askr5.jpg

Book four introduced Ljósálfheimr and Dökkálfheimr, lands of Sweet Dreams and Nightmares, respectively.

askr6.jpg
askr7.jpg

Book five introduced Niðavellir and Jötunheimr, Kingdoms of Metal and of Giants.

askr8.jpg
askr9.jpg

Book six introduced... nothing new, actually. It's back to Embla.

So, yeah, pick whichover of those are interesting, I guess...

Like, Duck Hunt only has one Special where he summons the Wild Gunman, while Olimar's moveset entirely revolves around Pikmin that he can summon at will. But what about Kiran? I dunno how to implement his summoning gimmicks while making him not too gimmicky.
Kiran generally uses one

There are more then enough canon unique designs to give 8 canon outfits, but... I'm actually going to say that we should go with one hooded gender-ambiguous design! It'll make for more alts that can actually be distinguished from each other at a glance.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Okay, we seem to have collected a bunch of questions, so lemme give 'em my best shot.

Yeah, it'd definitely make for a good cameo cavalcade!

Hopefully you enjoy the video!

I mean, yeah, the gun can also fire Bullets But Magic[TM], though I don't think Kiran being a full-time gunner would suit the character. More of a "Gunner for neutrals; summoner for specials" situation...

Well, let's rundown our options! FEH's main Kingdom is named Askr, which is largely your standard fantasy kingdom-place. It's rival kingdom is named Embla (I know, very clever name) and it is largely your standard fantasy kingdom-place, but ~25% more evil.

View attachment 340214View attachment 340218

Book two introduced Nifl and Muspell, the Kingdoms of Ice and Fire, respectively.

View attachment 340216View attachment 340217

Book three introduced Hel, the land of the dead.

View attachment 340219

Book four introduced Ljósálfheimr and Dökkálfheimr, lands of Sweet Dreams and Nightmares, respectively.

View attachment 340220View attachment 340221

Book five introduced Niðavellir and Jötunheimr, Kingdoms of Metal and of Giants.

View attachment 340222View attachment 340223

Book six introduced... nothing new, actually. It's back to Embla.

So, yeah, pick whichover of those are interesting, I guess...

Kiran generally uses one

There are more then enough canon unique designs to give 8 canon outfits, but... I'm actually going to say that we should go with one hooded gender-ambiguous design! It'll make for more alts that can actually be distinguished from each other at a glance.
those ice kingdom, good dreams and nightmare places look like they could be good stages. Better than the four we have even

amageish

Smash Master
And I think we can call it here. Another good discussion and another week done, everyone! And here's the next 10 characters locked in for discussion.

1. Odie (NASB) - x105
2. Scizor - x100
3. Predator - x90
4. Commander Shepard - x75
5. God Eater Rep - x75
6. Shovel Knight - x75
7. Isaac (Golden Sun) - x70
8. Mash Kyrielight - x70
9. Rangi (NASB) - x70
10 Vectorman - x70

Four-way tie for 7th place! Not bad, eh?

Though, to be fair, I did purposefully not break the tie as I figured most people would rather spend time nominating new topics then continue to push the four that almost made it last week into the top 7...

That means this is the current nom list.

50-75 noms
Hearthstone Innkeeper - x65
Opa-Opa - x55
Chell - x52

26-50 noms
Bubsy - x50
2B - x40
Max (Shining Force) - x40
Jack Frost - x40

Jonesy - x37
Trauma Center Content - x32
Wilfre - x30
Wadanohara* - x30
Zero Escape Rep - x30
Jason Frudnick - x30
King Harkinian - x30
Sly Cooper - x28

11-25 noms
Ahri - x25
Chun-Li - x25
Meowth - x25
SMT Content - x25
Daitoryo - x25
Clockman (NASB) - x20
Master Hand - x20
Mega Man X - x20
Morrigan - x20
Darkest Dungeon Content - x16
Rango (NASB) - x15
Ezio - x15
Gunvolt - x15

5-10 noms
Pauline - x10
Lobotomy Corporation/Library of Ruina Content - x7
Jack (Final Fantasy Origin) - x5
Carl Johnson - x5
Frogger - x5
9-volt - x5
Nathan Drake - x5
Ahri - x5
Spyro the Dragon - x3
Tracer - x3

And the current list of usable noms is as follows:

In place of the usual music sampler, here's the Garfield Christmas Special. Happy holidays, everyone!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
aha allow me: odie, garfield's long suffering "friend" whom he cares about more than he'll admit. an unusual mixed breed, his mother was beagul his father was a brick. but then he may not be as stupid as he acts. now how would he fight? with his absurd tongue. a recurring theme with odie is that his tongue can stretch in a way only possible in comics and cartoons. so imagine him using his tongue the way the belmonts use their whip and youll get the idea. other possibilities include crashing into other characters and dingleballs. so im thinking tongue for the stronger A moves, dingleball and ear attacks for B and crashing into things for Y

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I made an Odie moveset ages ago, before NASB released actually so we didn't know how movesets worked in it - thus it has elements like side specials and burial that don't exist in NASB. I would absolutely love Odie in NASB either way, quadrupedal fighters are really cool and Odie's perpetually drooping tongue gives him a "hand" to "punch" with compared to quadrupeds in other fighters.
odie moveset 2.png

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
stages are a bit hard for me to do as i havent watched the cartoons as much as ive read the comics. if it was me id try and make a stage that looks like a 3 panel comic. but i suppose the natural choice is jon's house, perhaps on the table hes always getting kicked off. or i seem to recall in the first cartoon there was a mad scientist who wanted to make robot duplicates of odie so perhaps his lab could work

bare with me on the noms as im still picking who next

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Noms: 15

Alphen and/or Shionne

I was thinking a tag mechanic like Pyra and Mythra would be fun but either one on their own would be great too.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Noms: Jack Frost x 5

I know there aren't ATs in NASB, but here's my take for an AT if there was one (Also works for Garfield)...

Garfield/Odie "Assist Trophy": Jon Arbuckle
He would appear in the background and toss out lasagna healing items. A very simple AT.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So Odie would be an interesting character to play as.

I imagine him being quite an oddball character who likes to get up in people's faces, almost like the very affectionate dog he is.

Noms:
All in on Ahri

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Hello! Sorry, here's some nominations...

50-75 noms
Hearthstone Innkeeper - x65
Opa-Opa - x55
Chell - x52

26-50 noms
Bubsy - x50
Jack Frost - x45
2B - x40
Ahri - x40
Max (Shining Force) - x40
Jonesy - x37
Azura - x35
Trauma Center Content - x32
Wilfre - x30
Wadanohara* - x30
Zero Escape Rep - x30
Jason Frudnick - x30
King Harkinian - x30
Sly Cooper - x28

11-25 noms
Chun-Li - x25
Meowth - x25
SMT Content - x25
Daitoryo - x25
Taliyah - x25
Clockman (NASB) - x20
Master Hand - x20
Mega Man X - x20
Morrigan - x20
Darkest Dungeon Content - x16
Alphen and/or Shionne - x15
Rango (NASB) - x15
Ezio - x15
Gunvolt - x15

5-10 noms
Pauline - x10
Lobotomy Corporation/Library of Ruina Content - x7
Jack (Final Fantasy Origin) - x5
Carl Johnson - x5
Frogger - x5
9-volt - x5
Nathan Drake - x5
Ahri - x5
Spyro the Dragon - x3
Tracer - x3

In terms of my personal noms... I'm going to put them towards Taliyah.

Next up is Scizor! While Scizor in particular isn't in it, I'm going to keep up the Christmas special theme for another day and post the Pokemon winter games in place of a music sampler....

Perkilator

Smash Legend
OOOH, I've been waiting for this!
Scizor.png
Scizor
is Here to Trade Blows!

Debut: Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver (1999)

Scizor (ハッサム Hassam) is the evolution of Scyther. It's normally obtained by trading a Scyther with an item called the Metal Coat and letting it evolve.

In Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, it was one of many Pokémon to obtain a new form called Mega Evolution; with a special stone called the Scizorite, it could Mega Evolve into Mega Scizor.
Mega Scizor.png
Just one thing; Scizor is already playable in another fighting game, that being Katsuhiro Harada's Pokkén Tournament (well, the arcade and DX versions anyway). So why am I so adamant about it being in Smash? Well, you see...
Since the development of Super Smash Bros. Melee only lasted 13 months, 6 of its 14 newcomers are clones of other characters, with Pichu from the same Johto region being one of them.
Pichu_SSBU.png
Scizor does make an active appearance, though...sadly, it's as a Poké Ball summon (a role it retains for its return in Ultimate, as well as being a Spirit).

I believe that if Melee had more time in the oven (like, maybe another year or so), Scizor would make a better Gen 2 rep than Pichu purely because the former feels like a natural fit for a fighting game.

(This is a sentiment I also hold for Ayumi Tachibana replacing Dr. Mario in this scenario, but that's another story).

It could also return in the 3DS and Wii U games for the sake of its Mega Evolution as its Final Smash (and Ultimate, for obvious reasons).

For visual clarity;
Intro: Scizor pops out of a Poké Ball

Stance/Idle 1: Its idle animation from Pokémon Stadium 2
Idle 2: Scizor does an X-pose with its pincers
Idle 3: Scizor stretches out and flutters its wings

Notable Palette Swaps:
  1. Scizor (default)
  2. Shiny Scizor (yellow-green)
  3. Scyther (green)
  4. Manga Scizor (gray/black)
  5. Orre Shiny Scizor (yellow/black)
  6. Pinsir (brown/white)
  7. Genesect (purple)
  8. Lugia (white/blue)
Walk: Scizor floats along the ground almost motionlessly
Dash: Scizor dashes as it flutters
Damage: Scizor will turn its head, barely fazed
Jump: Scizor jumps with its wings the second time, barely leaving the ground
Crouch: Scizor crouches like it's about to strike prey

Normal Attacks
Jab: Scizor slices twice (4%) then keeps slicing rapidly (1%-2%, small knockback), finishing with a snap of its pincer (5%, small knockback)
Forward+A: Scizor attacks with a pincer as it flutters along (3%, small knockback)
Down+A: Scizor kicks lightly along the ground (4%, small knockback)
Up+A: Scizor slashes in an upward 45o arc (6%, small knockback)

Aerial Attacks
Air+A: Bug Buzz; Scizor uses its wings to emit a noise around itself (6%, small knockback)
Air Forward+A: Scizor snaps a pincer in front of itself (7%, small knockback)
Air Back + A: Steel Wing; Scizor flashes it wings behind itself (8%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: U-Turn; Scizor does a backflip kick above itself (7%, OK knockback)
Air Down+A: Swords Dance; Scizor falls downward, putting its legs together like a sword (11% with a meteor effect, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: Fury Swipes; Scizor rapidly slices the opponent five times with its pincers (10%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Wing Attack: Scizor slices the opponent with its wings as it climbs back up (6%, small knockback)
Get-Up Attack: U-Turn; Scizor hops back up with a backflip kick (7%, small knockback)

Smash Attacks
Forward+A: Bug Bite; Scizor violently snaps a pincer as two green mandibles appear around it (22%, medium knockback)
Up+A: Metal Sound; Scizor uses its wings to emit a harsh noise above itself (19%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Low Sweep; Scizor does a 180o spin kick around the floor (17%, medium knockback)

Grab Game
Grab: Scizor grabs the opponent with one of its pincers
Pummel: Scizor squeezes the opponent with one of its pincers (2%)
Forwards+Throw: Scizor punches the opponent (9%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Take Down; Scizor jumps up and slams the opponent onto the ground (16%, OK knockback)
Back+Throw: Reversal; Scizor zips behind the opponent and kicks them (10%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Iron Head; Scizor tosses the opponent up, then headbutts them (13%, OK knockback)

Special Moves
B : Bullet Punch
; Scizor rapidly punches the opponent multiple times when B is held (2%-4%), finishing with a powerful punch when B is let go of (8%, OK knockback); the attack weakens the longer B is held down
B + Forwards : X-Scissor; Scizor flashes forward and slashes in a horizontal X shape, which can hit up to four opponents at once (11%, OK knockback)
B + Up : Razor Wind; Scizor charges up a whirlwind that it can use any time it’s ready. At full charge, Scizor unleashes a violent wind around its opponents (20%, OK knockback) and jumps high into the air.
B + Down : Iron Defense / Flash Cannon; by holding B, Scizor covers itself in a metal coating that halves damage taken for three seconds. If B is let go at the last second (indicated by a brief flash), Scizor fires two orbs of light from either pincer (17% each, OK knockback). Letting go of B before the full 3 seconds or holding it all the way simply makes the coating disappear.

Final Smash: Mega X-Scissor; Scizor Mega Evolves into Mega Scizor, slashing furiously (20%) and finishing with an X-Scissor that covers nearly the entire screen (38%, devastating knockback)

Gimmick: N/A

Taunts
1: Scizor does an X-pose
2: Scizor puts its pincers next to its face, making it look like it has three heads
1+2: Scizor shuts its pincers and poses like it's intimidating an enemy

Winposes
1: Mega Scizor performs a Bullet Punch
2: Scizor hurls up a rock and breaks it
3: Scizor, floating a bit, comes down and raises one of its pincers in the air

Applause: Scizor folds its arms and disappointedly flaps its wings
Icon: The Pokémon series icon
Boxing Ring Title: Bug of Steel
Star K.O.: Scizor lets out a harsh noise from its wings
Victory Music: https://youtu.be/m9_ozzyG3uo
Kirby Hat: Scizor’s wings and claws
Game of Origin: Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver (1999)

Layout: There are three roofs on the tower that serve as platforms

Gimmicks and Hazards: This tower has many strange tricks up its sleeve:
  • Every 30 seconds, the pillar in the tower begins to sway either left or right. 5 seconds later, the entire tower begins to tilt in the same direction as the pillar!
  • Different wild Pokémon also appear during either the day or night, appearing from a door at a random part of the stage
    • During both cycles, a Rattata appears as a sneaking Thief, stealing any nearby items; fortunately, it can attacked and the item can be recovered
    • During the daytime, a Bellsprout will appear and shoot Poison Powder from its mouth
    • During the night, the Gastly will hurt any fighter that comes in contact with it
    • Only one wild Pokémon appears at a time, and none of them appear when the tower tilts
Battlefield/Ω Form: The Ω Form is based on the walls of the tower. The Battlefield Form platforms are based on the platforms of the regular stage. The tower itself appears in the background for both of these forms.

(Loosely based on this concept)
(fights characters from Game Boy games; however, I had it take place on another stage I created called Game Boy Medley)
Round
Opponent
Stage
Music
Notes
1​
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede:
Green Greens GB​
King Dedede’s Theme (for 3DS / Wii U)
Free-for-all​
2​
:ultdaisy:
World 1-3​
Underground Theme - Super Mario Land
3​
:ulttoonlink:
Tal Tal Heights​
Tal Tal Heights
4​
:ultsamus:
SR-388 Surface​
Boss Battle 4 - Metroid: Samus Returns
Only the Metroid appears as an Assist Trophy​
5​
:ultpokemontrainer::ultpokemontrainerf:
Battle! Champion Blue​
Pokémon Red / Pokémon Blue Medley
Free-for-all​
6​
Scizor​
Tetris​
Tetris Type A
Bonus Game
Final Round​
Master Hand.png
:fdb:
Master Hand
Crazy Hand.png
appears on 7.0 or higher
Credits: Pokémon Gold / Pokémon Silver Medley
Noms:
Azura x5

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
OOOH, I've been waiting for this!
View attachment 340945
Scizor
is Here to Trade Blows!

Debut: Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver (1999)

Scizor (ハッサム Hassam) is the evolution of Scyther. It's normally obtained by trading a Scyther with an item called the Metal Coat and letting it evolve.

In Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, it was one of many Pokémon to obtain a new form called Mega Evolution; with a special stone called the Scizorite, it could Mega Evolve into Mega Scizor.
View attachment 340944
Just one thing; Scizor is already playable in another fighting game, that being Katsuhiro Harada's Pokkén Tournament (well, the arcade and DX versions anyway). So why am I so adamant about it being in Smash? Well, you see...
Since the development of Super Smash Bros. Melee only lasted 13 months, 6 of its 14 newcomers are clones of other characters, with Pichu from the same Johto region being one of them.
View attachment 340946
Scizor does make an active appearance, though...sadly, it's as a Poké Ball summon (a role it retains for its return in Ultimate, as well as being a Spirit).

I believe that if Melee had more time in the oven (like, maybe another year or so), Scizor would make a better Gen 2 rep than Pichu purely because the former feels like a natural fit for a fighting game.

(This is a sentiment I also hold for Ayumi Tachibana replacing Dr. Mario in this scenario, but that's another story).

It could also return in the 3DS and Wii U games for the sake of its Mega Evolution as its Final Smash (and Ultimate, for obvious reasons).

For visual clarity;
Intro: Scizor pops out of a Poké Ball

Stance/Idle 1: Its idle animation from Pokémon Stadium 2
Idle 2: Scizor does an X-pose with its pincers
Idle 3: Scizor stretches out and flutters its wings

Notable Palette Swaps:
  1. Scizor (default)
  2. Shiny Scizor (yellow-green)
  3. Scyther (green)
  4. Manga Scizor (gray/black)
  5. Orre Shiny Scizor (yellow/black)
  6. Pinsir (brown/white)
  7. Genesect (purple)
  8. Lugia (white/blue)
Walk: Scizor floats along the ground almost motionlessly
Dash: Scizor dashes as it flutters
Damage: Scizor will turn its head, barely fazed
Jump: Scizor jumps with its wings the second time, barely leaving the ground
Crouch: Scizor crouches like it's about to strike prey

Normal Attacks
Jab: Scizor slices twice (4%) then keeps slicing rapidly (1%-2%, small knockback), finishing with a snap of its pincer (5%, small knockback)
Forward+A: Scizor attacks with a pincer as it flutters along (3%, small knockback)
Down+A: Scizor kicks lightly along the ground (4%, small knockback)
Up+A: Scizor slashes in an upward 45o arc (6%, small knockback)

Aerial Attacks
Air+A: Bug Buzz; Scizor uses its wings to emit a noise around itself (6%, small knockback)
Air Forward+A: Scizor snaps a pincer in front of itself (7%, small knockback)
Air Back + A: Steel Wing; Scizor flashes it wings behind itself (8%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: U-Turn; Scizor does a backflip kick above itself (7%, OK knockback)
Air Down+A: Swords Dance; Scizor falls downward, putting its legs together like a sword (11% with a meteor effect, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: Fury Swipes; Scizor rapidly slices the opponent five times with its pincers (10%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Wing Attack: Scizor slices the opponent with its wings as it climbs back up (6%, small knockback)
Get-Up Attack: U-Turn; Scizor hops back up with a backflip kick (7%, small knockback)

Smash Attacks
Forward+A: Bug Bite; Scizor violently snaps a pincer as two green mandibles appear around it (22%, medium knockback)
Up+A: Metal Sound; Scizor uses its wings to emit a harsh noise above itself (19%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Low Sweep; Scizor does a 180o spin kick around the floor (17%, medium knockback)

Grab Game
Grab: Scizor grabs the opponent with one of its pincers
Pummel: Scizor squeezes the opponent with one of its pincers (2%)
Forwards+Throw: Scizor punches the opponent (9%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Take Down; Scizor jumps up and slams the opponent onto the ground (16%, OK knockback)
Back+Throw: Reversal; Scizor zips behind the opponent and kicks them (10%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Iron Head; Scizor tosses the opponent up, then headbutts them (13%, OK knockback)

Special Moves
B : Bullet Punch
; Scizor rapidly punches the opponent multiple times when B is held (2%-4%), finishing with a powerful punch when B is let go of (8%, OK knockback); the attack weakens the longer B is held down
B + Forwards : X-Scissor; Scizor flashes forward and slashes in a horizontal X shape, which can hit up to four opponents at once (11%, OK knockback)
B + Up : Razor Wind; Scizor charges up a whirlwind that it can use any time it’s ready. At full charge, Scizor unleashes a violent wind around its opponents (20%, OK knockback) and jumps high into the air.
B + Down : Iron Defense / Flash Cannon; by holding B, Scizor covers itself in a metal coating that halves damage taken for three seconds. If B is let go at the last second (indicated by a brief flash), Scizor fires two orbs of light from either pincer (17% each, OK knockback). Letting go of B before the full 3 seconds or holding it all the way simply makes the coating disappear.

Final Smash: Mega X-Scissor; Scizor Mega Evolves into Mega Scizor, slashing furiously (20%) and finishing with an X-Scissor that covers nearly the entire screen (38%, devastating knockback)

Gimmick: N/A

Taunts
1: Scizor does an X-pose
2: Scizor puts its pincers next to its face, making it look like it has three heads
1+2: Scizor shuts its pincers and poses like it's intimidating an enemy

Winposes
1: Mega Scizor performs a Bullet Punch
2: Scizor hurls up a rock and breaks it
3: Scizor, floating a bit, comes down and raises one of its pincers in the air

Applause: Scizor folds its arms and disappointedly flaps its wings
Icon: The Pokémon series icon
Boxing Ring Title: Bug of Steel
Star K.O.: Scizor lets out a harsh noise from its wings
Victory Music: https://youtu.be/m9_ozzyG3uo
Kirby Hat: Scizor’s wings and claws
Game of Origin: Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver (1999)

Layout: There are three roofs on the tower that serve as platforms

Gimmicks and Hazards: This tower has many strange tricks up its sleeve:
  • Every 30 seconds, the pillar in the tower begins to sway either left or right. 5 seconds later, the entire tower begins to tilt in the same direction as the pillar!
  • Different wild Pokémon also appear during either the day or night, appearing from a door at a random part of the stage
    • During both cycles, a Rattata appears as a sneaking Thief, stealing any nearby items; fortunately, it can attacked and the item can be recovered
    • During the daytime, a Bellsprout will appear and shoot Poison Powder from its mouth
    • During the night, the Gastly will hurt any fighter that comes in contact with it
    • Only one wild Pokémon appears at a time, and none of them appear when the tower tilts
Battlefield/Ω Form: The Ω Form is based on the walls of the tower. The Battlefield Form platforms are based on the platforms of the regular stage. The tower itself appears in the background for both of these forms.

(Loosely based on this concept)
(fights characters from Game Boy games; however, I had it take place on another stage I created called Game Boy Medley)
Round
Opponent
Stage
Music
Notes
1​
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede:
Green Greens GB​
King Dedede’s Theme (for 3DS / Wii U)
Free-for-all​
2​
:ultdaisy:
World 1-3​
Underground Theme - Super Mario Land
3​
:ulttoonlink:
Tal Tal Heights​
Tal Tal Heights
4​
:ultsamus:
SR-388 Surface​
Boss Battle 4 - Metroid: Samus Returns
Only the Metroid appears as an Assist Trophy​
5​
:ultpokemontrainer::ultpokemontrainerf:
Battle! Champion Blue​
Pokémon Red / Pokémon Blue Medley
Free-for-all​
6​
Scizor​
Tetris​
Tetris Type A
Bonus Game
Final Round​
:fdb:
Master Hand
aView attachment 340949ppears on 7.0 or higher
Credits: Pokémon Gold / Pokémon Silver Medley
Noms:
Azura x5
hate to burst your bubble but sakurai said that if he could the character he would have added was wario

Top Bottom