• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu Tournament Results (UPDATED!: 4/24/11)

Captain L

Smash Champion
Bundtcake is the top of BC's PR. He plays ROB. I think there are some older videos of me playing him in volt tackle vids.

I know the nanner infinite, not sure if I could do it well enough to spontaneously just start during a match. On the last stock of game 3 though felix was being super careful not to get QAC locked though.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Ask Prime about the edge CG. He probably knows why better than I do. But basically, if you grab MK facing away from the edge on a THICK edge (Basically every edge you CAN'T do the weird wario CG on) MK and Squirtle get CG'd much higher: MK to around 75%, and squirtle to around 65-70%. It is cool :3

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
25th out of 33 @ Gameclucks Monthly Season 2 Final
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10619

Same tournament Captain L was in. Unfortunately, I fell one match short of making it out of the amateur bracket. Especially disappointing in that I dropped the set (2-1) to a Falco. I did get one uair->footstool->QAC lock->jab lock (which I screwed up the ending with an ftilt ARGH) though in my first match against the MK who sent me to losers.

Ah well. I guess I'll just have to take solace in the fact that I'm a better brawl streamer than like... (nearly) everyone.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It is just practice that eliminates those mess-ups. Practice them maybe 4 times a day, practice different timings (since Pikachu's jab is the best jab-lock since we actually have a timing mix-up) and yeah, you will mess up, but you will get better! Also, learn the spacing to make sure you don't throw out a thunder and have it miss because they SDI'd.

No...there aren't any good set-ups besides blatantly rolling towards the edge or pivot grabbing. Side-steps are good though :3

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
A little late, but good job Captain L. :)

ENNH, you'll improve if you keep working at it. =\

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
2/12/11
1st of 37 @ Gallaxfest

In winners:
I beat some fox player (he went marth/snake) 2-0
I beat Kyon (peach) 2-1 (Pictochat Saved my ***...)
I beat Gallax (Snake) 2-0. He is pretty good
I lost to Nick Riddle (Stupid D-smash...) 1-2

In losers:
I beat Mero 2-1 (Ice Climbers) (I went IC 2nd match for fun. I love IC dittos)
I beat HRNut (Snake/Marth) 2-0
I beat Nick Riddle (ZSS) 3-0
I beat Seibrik (MK) 3-0 (1st set)
I beat Seibrik (MK) 3-1 (2nd set)

I was playing so good in losers...I'm gonna get top 3 at #####

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Well Illmatic I was playing terrible....suiciding every teams match I played before that.

Kyon is mad good and I have 0 experience and I only have basic knowledge on what the character can do. I learned a lot though.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yeah I got a lot of those, but he started spacing them so I had to OOS bair and uair, which got annoying because I would mess up sometimes.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
49th of 151 @ Pound V

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298137

Pulled an ESAM on slikvik in round 2 pools, but still didn't manage to make it out because of ilove's dsmash reads lol. I really need to learn the D3 matchup, here I thought it was easy. I was also messing up my fthrow cg a lot for some reason.

Also got 9th of 44 in the amatuer bracket

Should've went pika on llod I'm better at that matchup with pika. I'm just so unconfident with changing characters for game 3 if I win game 1 thinkning I can do it again. :/

All in all, super fun tournament, I was really tired at the end of each day of pure brawl lol.
Nice meeting ESAM in person, I saw pikapika, kaylo, and artemis as well, but didnt get the chance to talk to or play you guys so maybe next time.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Aw, Luckay, you were the only Pika I didn't see. :( Good **** making it to round 2 though + doing so well in amateur bracket.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
2/19-21/11
4th out of 151 @ Pound 5

For those who didn't watch, I wonder if my scream was picked up by the commentary microphone. I was loud...

Popertop

Smash Champion
Who did you lose to?
Every vid I saw was **** on top of ****.

edit: just checked the matchup thread, definitely working some pika shenanigans into my game.

my problem characters are marth, d3, falco, and peach. I already second meta, but I think I would be more comfortable playing pika vs d3 and falco. Is there a chat people visit frequently that I can discuss matchups on? I'll probably be on later tonight.

SAX

Smash Ace
2/19-21/11
4th out of 151 @ Pound 5

For those who didn't watch, I wonder if my scream was picked up by the commentary microphone. I was loud...
Yeah, how did that match go with ally's IC on FD? I was wondering how you lost that.

King~

Smash Champion
he was in the process of killing allys nana, he went for a thunder offstage but fastfell and died.

it wasnt last stock, but he had momentum

Top Bottom