• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Physical habits and gamer-faces!

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
A large grin whenever I'm doing an epic combo or I'm 4-stocking my opponent. If I my combo gets messed up or I die, it turns back into a stoneface.

That also goes for when I'm watching matches of the characters I play.

Jonas

Smash Champion
if i'm intently watching someone play or watching videos, when a fox accidentally side+b's off the stage my right thumb always TWITCHES in real life so i can cancel his illusion before he dies LOL
If you watch them play, you should just grab their controller and press B on reaction.

Stratford

Smash Champion
I've been told by IL players that when I dthrow tech chase someone I always seem to take a finger and fix my glasses.

And that they thought I was trying to look into their soul or something to see their next tech.

Pretty funny. Never noticed it myself though LOL
I think I know what they mean :). During Sheik's dthrow animation sometimes you take a finger to fix your glasses before you have to react for the tech chase. I never realized that you were doing it to look into people's souls. Makes sense though.

if i'm intently watching someone play or watching videos, when a fox accidentally side+b's off the stage my right thumb always TWITCHES in real life so i can cancel his illusion before he dies LOL
Lol thanks for that. What a great guy.

40secondz

Smash Apprentice
I have weird mouth movements and I tend to open my mouth when doing technical stuff. But I try to catch myself and close my mouth, then I seems to get worse so I kinda need to do these movements.

:phone:

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
mew2king rocks a lot and does weird **** with this eyebrows/eyes sometimes o.o
The rocking back and forth is an autistic thing actually. Not sure about the eyebrow thing.

Also, I usually have my mouth open when I play but if I start going faster than I thought I was, such as edgecanceling a lot, my mouth tends to close and I grind my teeth. i also have my right shoulder twitch every time I do a 0-death with samus.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
In tournament i look super concentrated...

In friendlies against close friends i'll curse if i lose a stock

THeDarKnesS

Smash Journeyman
I lean forward and my tone of voice lowers if I speak at all. "good****". If an opponent does something that was good I generally acknowledge the skill with a slow double nod. Sometimes I curl my lips in and lick them.

joeplicate

Smash Master
i bite my upper lip so hard

after a tournament or a smashfest, i can always tell i've been trying hard when there are indentations from my teeth and my lips hurt lmao. also i teeth grind like a mother****er, i'm an orally fixated person.

aside from that, when i'm playing a serious match my eyebrows will bunch together, and i can't hit running upsmashes unless i send a super massive jolt through my whole arms LOL

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I think I know what they mean :). During Sheik's dthrow animation sometimes you take a finger to fix your glasses before you have to react for the tech chase. I never realized that you were doing it to look into people's souls. Makes sense though.
I honestly didn't realize it until people told me I did it.

LOL freakin mad you said it makes sense.

Acryte

Smash Ace
I remove any long sleeve shirts, coats and watches. I also position my arms a certain way resting on my lap. Probably got my lip curled in if its a legit match.

I.B

Smash Lord
I usually have this focused/slightly annoyed look on my face while my mouth moves around like it's trying its hardest not to blare out curse words lol

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
^ I need tto play with empty pockets to. That's where my hand lies and...it just feels off.
I have to sit really close to the tv, and lean forward. I never lean back or sit up straight.

Bing

Smash Master
my hand twites really bad, like when I need to a tech or something my whole body quickly tenses up. Its getting so bad that after playing for a few hours (smashfest or tournament) my wrist hurts for weeks XD

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Lol Tai, yes it is. We have gamer chicks. One of them, Gamba (not pictured) even beat Zgetto in one game at BEAST ;)

Massive

Smash Champion
I get an instantaneous nose itch every time I rest.

It also shows up when I miss a rest. I hate that nose itch.

I don't think it's a habit so much, but I also scoot/lean forward when I'm really trying hard.

crush

Smash Master
Whenever I hold a controller (even xbox controllers) I randomly start doing the inputs for drill shining. And whenever I'm holding my controller with just my right hand I always press x a r without thinking like I'm doing sh nairs. Also when something bad happens to me that I approve of I nod my head but if I don't approve (like unfortunate phantom hits or me suiciding) I facepalm lol. Oh and when I'm watching games and someones recovering I always try and ledgetech and di even when I don't have a controller in my hands lol

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
My hands don't get sweaty like many others do. I never understood why.

People tell me I look intent/angry while I play.

I sometimes lean forward, but I'm starting to lean back a little in an effort to relax my subconscious. It makes sense, though. If I'm relaxed, my brain is less likely to be stressed. This has worked for me before.

My goal is to work my way all the way back to the Eggm posture.

That is how I will attain true greatness.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I notice a lot of jigglypuffs jerk their controller when they get a rest, like soft

Matt86

Smash Rookie
I always wipe the sweat off my hands on my pants between stocks. (most people do)

I do strange tongue movements during matches.

I have been known to talk a lot of **** when playing against my cousin ;)

My expression is usually more or less calm, and expressionless. I lean forward with my eyes all zoomed in.

When I lose a stock, I will shake my head or look down at the ground.

I'm prone to yelling like a lunatic if anything outrageous happens. Since I main Luigi, if I get a misfire I get this big smile on my face.

If / when I get down to my last stock I sometimes shout "Ban-Kai" (lmao), before going all out serious!!!

Sometimes when I get really pissed off, I make up my own curse words like the AVGN, or the Tourettes Guy. But mostly around friends.

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
i do a bunch of things. sometimes i lean alll the way back or sometimes I put my hands way below my knees. when my friend get serious/tries not to lose he flicks the sticks really loud gets super technical and sways kinda quickly. i'll pay closer attention to what i do its almost like i cant decide what to do with myself

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The rocking back and forth is an autistic thing actually. Not sure about the eyebrow thing.
I know he's autistic. <_< You've now added nothing to the conversation I HATE YOU MONKUNIT

Palpi

Smash Hero
When I get off, my mouth opens and closes with each hit.

I do that Mario kart DI, especially when I'm sdi'ing.

Also, if anything or anyone touches me me when I play, I play significantly worse. I take out my cell phone and wallet if my arms are leaning on them because it would classify as an obstruction to my gameplay. :)

rhan

Smash Hero
I tend to bite my bottom lip when I get nervous or if I'm under pressure. I don't believe I have a "gamer" face. I also empty my pockets before I play serious rounds cuz I prefer to sit on the ground and if there's anything in my pockets, my pants will tighten and rub against my thighs.

I also find myself shaking my head whenever I do something wrong (Like edge hop fair too much). It's like me sub consciously telling myself I have to stop that.

Top Bottom