• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Era and PC Chris Presents: "G.I.M.P.E.D. 2" MELEE EXCLUSIVE!!!! Updates Soon!

Lord Khanti

Smash Journeyman
Hey Eaode, we should team as "North Shore LI Bumble*UC* in the middle of no where so i can kill Anti in the woods" for melee.

and we should play real soon since we live close to each other. tell me a schedule and pm me a phone number or something

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Anyone want to team with my Ness? Also I need help with the Ness vs. Snake and Ness vs. Ness match up.

Ness is just too hard of a match up it's like 100-0 Ness advantage.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Anyone want to team with my Ness? Also I need help with the Ness vs. Snake and Ness vs. Ness match up.

Ness is just too hard of a match up it's like 100-0 Ness advantage.
I'd be willing to friendly your Ness with my Snake if you wish. The second I use most is prob Snake, though I usually only use him for MK and Marth lol

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I've got a Pinnacle Video Transfer and an A/V distribution Amplifier (splits inputs without sacrificing quality), which is what I use to record/upload matches. I don't have anything that would record real-life sound, though.

Vanill4

Smash Cadet
What I meant was that he said I stayed up til' 6 AM, when I could have just as easily woken up at 6 AM. It's just something stupid, so don't worry about it. :p
QFT. Definitely something stupid and unimportant.

On topic: Leacero, you should enter Brawl this time and see if you can make people hate the game as much as I do. Or we can do teams. xD

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
What are the limitations to the ice climbers chain grabs?

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
thats why i asked.... almost every throw/grab combo they do can be turned into an "infinite" combo.... like u can foward throw/down throw small enough distances that by the time u get to the edge of the stage u could have easily racked up well over 120 damage on your opponent. That is more than enough damage to charge a smash and kill your opponent, while they are still in the grab. And back throws can be linked together for "infinite" combos as well. Actually let me rephrase my previous question. Because, I have been calling these combos "infinites", but they are more like zero to death combos. So are zero to death ice climber grab combos allowed as long as they arent used for excessive stalling purposes? Because I feel that the issue with true "infinites", is that they can be used to stall a match, while still technically attacking your opponent. But if they are merely used to kill your opponent, are they allowed?

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
thats why i asked.... almost every throw/grab combo they do can be turned into an "infinite" combo.... like u can foward throw/down throw small enough distances that by the time u get to the edge of the stage u could have easily racked up well over 120 damage on your opponent. That is more than enough damage to charge a smash and kill your opponent, while they are still in the grab. And back throws can be linked together for "infinite" combos as well. Actually let me rephrase my previous question. Because, I have been calling these combos "infinites", but they are more like zero to death combos. So are zero to death ice climber grab combos allowed as long as they arent used for excessive stalling purposes? Because I feel that the issue with true "infinites", is that they can be used to stall a match, while still technically attacking your opponent. But if they are merely used to kill your opponent, are they allowed?
if they are used to kill then yes but as long as you dont continuesly do it its ok i there will be like probably a small time limit u can do them.

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
Like I know that when I do the infinite chain grab it is like a 30 second thing to get an opponent from zero to 100%ish damage/death. That is mainly becasue I have to rush it, since the opponent is usually frantically trying to escape. Perhaps you should limit it on the percentage damage you can do to the opponent, rather than the time. I know thats how a lot of melee tournaments limited wobbling. They often stated in the rules that you couldn't do like over 250-300% damage or else it would be considered stalling. But again it is your tournament, I am just making suggestions and stuff. But zero to death combos being allowed sounds good to me. That is truly all I was curious about.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I might go to this. It largely depends on whether or not I have my license by then. If not, I can take the train, but I would need one of my friends to come along with me. Plus my parents wont be too happy with picking me up from the train station in the middle of the night lol especially if brawl isnt starting til 5. If I do go, I would need rides from/back to the train station. So, I'm not sure. I would like to go tho.

Sorto- I look at the ICs cgs by comparing them to ddds. If they go across the stage, like DDDs, than its finite, and therefore legal. If you turn around and go back the other way, unlike DDDs, it becomes an infinite and is therefore illegal. So (in my opinion) dthrow cg or fthrow cg across the stage into a dthrow>fairspike would be legal while a bthrow cg to smash attack combo would be illegal. But thats just my thoughts on the climbers. Idk. Do the climbers' forum have anything regarding which cgs are finite and which ones are infinite?

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
The truth is, they are very largely different from DDD, when it comes to chain grabs. DDD, has a certain minimal distance that the opponent must travel, unless they are someone he can infinite, before he can re-grab them. The IC's can truly make that horizontal distance with just foward throws so minimal that they can rack up over 100 damage, just moving a few steps, possibly, without even moving at all..... Check out this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jr0yfBWloA&fmt=18, by the end of the chain grab, the ice climber has only moved like a step or two forward. An Ice Climbers chain grab movement is completely dependant on the players skill and technique, not on a character's set limitations.

Top Bottom