• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl! March 13th, 2010 (***Port Coquitlam, BC)

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Can someone make flyers? Have MK or Falco or some high tier that will be seen at the tournament with just some key information about the tournament. (Date, location, and the website url or venue phone number or someone to phone about the tournament + some stuff I'm forgetting).

LFL

Smash Journeyman
No one better be forgetting about this tournament!

ikool

Smash Apprentice
Oh also, I can bring a Wii + Brawl + TvC + 4 GC controllers if needed for this tourney.
I'm pretty sure that people are bringing their own controllers for this though.

corbinvenida

Smash Apprentice
There is a melee & brawl tournament the week before this:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261379

I won't be able to go to both due to... well... two big tourneys in a row...

You might want to talk it over with the TO of the other tourney and combine the two or something.

I'm posting this in the other tourney as well (with the link to this tourney).
so, do you want to join tournaments and make a big B.C Melee and Brawl tournament. I have a full size gym which can hold like a lot of people. Unless you signed any papers with this place in Abby, I think blue_yoshi is right. Besides Coquitlam is easier to reach by transit than Abby.

So, there is a good chance i can move my tournament to the 14th, would you guys mind if we can just go to my venue on the 14th and just combine the tournament, so everyone is happy.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Date will NOT be changed if Dan can't make it. Sorry, it's been awhile since I've had a PC. Let me back read a bit and then figure out what I've missed.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I don't understand why you decided to host a tournament a week before ours, Corbin. We've had the date and planned this prior to you, so this puts a stick in our spokes. Could YOU reschedule yours?

Our date is still the 13th. We have housing for people in Abbotsford as well as a GH station and a border to cross in case WA does show up. I'm staying with my date and my plan, I ask if you could reschedule your tournament so that it doesn't interfere with the result of our own.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Combining the two tourneys would kinda negate the efforts of one of the TOs. >.> Having one on the 6/7th and one on the 13th is WAY better than having one on the 13th IMO. I would be really disappointed if one of the tourneys was called off because of scheduling conflicts, personally.

...Isn't this exactly why tournament threads are posted months in advance in the first place? <.<

:005:

corbinvenida

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand why you decided to host a tournament a week before ours, Corbin. We've had the date and planned this prior to you, so this puts a stick in our spokes. Could YOU reschedule yours?

Our date is still the 13th. We have housing for people in Abbotsford as well as a GH station and a border to cross in case WA does show up. I'm staying with my date and my plan, I ask if you could reschedule your tournament so that it doesn't interfere with the result of our own.
Yeah, totally forgot this tournament was running when i booked my tournament. So sorry, didnt mean to cause a split or anything ya know?

Alright we will keep it the same, lets just hope people can make it to both!

unityole

Smash Lord
i will come to this if superboom comes to this

edit: i'l talk over with dan on msn to see if hes going, march still 2 months away plenty of time. put me down as unconfirmed and i will be only entering 64.. with dan and rest of the 64 smashers

Asa

Smash Hero
Combining the two tourneys would kinda negate the efforts of one of the TOs. >.> Having one on the 6/7th and one on the 13th is WAY better than having one on the 13th IMO. I would be really disappointed if one of the tourneys was called off because of scheduling conflicts, personally.

...Isn't this exactly why tournament threads are posted months in advance in the first place? <.<

:005:
i, personally, would rather have the tournaments held on the same date cuz i'm kinda poor and doing tourneyplay

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
How about this for a suggestion:

Combine the two tournaments, but make it a two day tournament (e.g. brawl on Saturday and Melee/64 on Sunday, or vice versa). The host of the Brawl tournament (March 13th) can host the brawl day, while the host of the Melee+Brawl tournament (March 7th) can host the melee/64 day. This way, both hosts can still host a full day's worth of tournaments and events, and no one has to worry about two tournaments two weekends in a row. This would also solve splits in attendance (seeing as they are now one day apart, so people will have an easier time to schedule for this).

Just an idea.

LFL

Smash Journeyman
Keep the tournaments separate. Asa if you're poor...I'm bringing two setups to Corbin's tournament so i can give you to you so at least your venue fee will be waved :)

P.S if you have to choose...go to this one

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
How about this for a suggestion:

Combine the two tournaments, but make it a two day tournament (e.g. brawl on Saturday and Melee/64 on Sunday, or vice versa). The host of the Brawl tournament (March 13th) can host the brawl day, while the host of the Melee+Brawl tournament (March 7th) can host the melee/64 day. This way, both hosts can still host a full day's worth of tournaments and events, and no one has to worry about two tournaments two weekends in a row. This would also solve splits in attendance (seeing as they are now one day apart, so people will have an easier time to schedule for this).

Just an idea.
bad suggestion for OoP people

Top Bottom