• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 6 (Important Venue Change! Details inside)

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Sweet, I'm confirmed for this now. Guess I'll have to bust out my old DDD and bring back the jank plank.

Better watch out white Mike, Jungle Japes is banned! :awesome:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
For anyone planning on coming to the Victoria tournament this weekend, I might be able to provide housing to some people myself. I'm 89% sure that I will be able to house people.

Come to Victoria :)

Edit: yes, I can house people.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
islanders will be split up between landon and andy's until otherwise noted.

tin, where do you want to stay?
I like to say I'd chill with the carpool cause I gotta practice Dubz with Killock & BrningPyre is sick :), but since I'm going to BC for the 1st time, I might wanna see some ppl I've met before.

I guess the carpool is jamming at Breez's crib?

What's ur address Breez (u can PM it to me if you want)

Bundtcake, if you can send me ur address too, that'd be legit :)

Big D's parents make amazing food.

Regarding pools, I did some bracket-crunching to figure out what would be the best way to seed brackets from pools. Running an amateur bracket in addition to a pro bracket doesn't actually add too much time to the tournament as long as they're run alongside each other in an efficient way. The only thing is, I need to have plenty of set-ups to get them both going quickly. I can't say for sure until I know exactly how many set-ups we can expect to have, but it's looking good for the amateur bracket. I plan to go to the venue to assess the TV situation this weekend. Of course, I will need lots of Wiis as well. I may need a bit of help regarding TVs though; my goal is to have 12 set-ups, and if we can reach that, there shouldn't be too many problems.

On another note, this is what I'm thinking for payouts:

Doubles:
60/30/10/entry

Pro Bracket:
55/25/15/5/entry x2

Amateur Bracket:
1st gets their entry fee back

:005:
I'm glad 1st place gets over half of the pot :)

& good s*** on deciding to do elimination pools.

45 + man tourney & I got a good partner...

Confirm me :]

& hit me up at one point. I wanna talk TO to TO :).

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
My goal is 1st. As everyone else's should be for the sake of competition.

Not cockiness, just a bold statement of "I'm gonna do my best". If not, Top 8 sounds cool to me.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
It's not that, it's just that I can see like 5 people that could beat me, and I only need to run into two of them. If one gets knocked early for some reason, and then I lose to the least likely person to beat me of those 5, it's gonna be really tough. I think if I play pretty standard I can make top 6, but it doesn't take much to place really low.

EDIT: nvm I think there are 7 people that could beat me straight up.

∫unk

Smash Master
I'm coming to BC. I got the time off so I can join the carpool.

[EDIT]

Junk, Asa told me that you're looking to team with someone you don't usually team with. Whaddya say? I'm a pretty solid doubles player and BC hates Sonic. :) Make 'em extra salty with that D3/Sonic deal. Used to main Dedede and I'm comfortable with playing alongside Marth too, so whatever you choose to use I'd adjust.
I'll let you know soon but you asked first :) only reason I can't say yes is because I really don't know what the situation with WA is and I don't want someone like Felix without a teammate. I'll ask them tomorrow.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
So who is coming to the Victoria tournament this weekend? I can house two, maybe three people, but if more show up I'll have to ask others if they can house.

Edit: I am asking for housing purposes so that everyone who comes is housed somewhere.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
pretty sure first thing when we step into breez's house brandon is gonna take off his shirt
And Breez will take off his shirt as well. You guys should do shirts vs. skins crews to prepare. =0

I might go to this with Blunted. I wouldn't want to miss seeing all my Alberta friends! :awesome:
What a surprise. =0 I'll add you to the list in just a sec...

Obviously you'll enter 64 though ;)

Speaking of which, I heard Jake confirmed a 64 side event. I heard this from a voice inside my head, so it will happen.
All pro bracket matches will be played out in a Bo3 Smash 64 set. We need 12 N64s to make this run smoothly, people! Let's make it happen!

For anyone planning on coming to the Victoria tournament this weekend, I might be able to provide housing to some people myself. I'm 89% sure that I will be able to house people.

Come to Victoria :)

Edit: yes, I can house people.
Am I gonna be there all by myself? =[

I'm glad 1st place gets over half of the pot :)

& good s*** on deciding to do elimination pools.

45 + man tourney & I got a good partner...

Confirm me :]

& hit me up at one point. I wanna talk TO to TO :).
hype~

The best way to get a hold of me is on FB. I only have internet access at school though, so it might be tricky. :x

It's not that, it's just that I can see like 5 people that could beat me, and I only need to run into two of them. If one gets knocked early for some reason, and then I lose to the least likely person to beat me of those 5, it's gonna be really tough. I think if I play pretty standard I can make top 6, but it doesn't take much to place really low.

EDIT: nvm I think there are 7 people that could beat me straight up.
I'm gonna get ****ed up. =[

Edit: 48 players. 36 confirmed. 2 and a half weeks to go.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
All pro bracket matches will be played out in a Bo3 Smash 64 set. We need 12 N64s to make this run smoothly, people! Let's make it happen!

Am I gonna be there all by myself? =[
I can make sure 12 64 set ups are there. And you know I could. Don't tempt me ;)

Also, more people should come to the Victoria tournament. If Jake is going, you know it will be worth it ;)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
There is no way we'll be able to fit Doubles, Singles, Pro Bracket, Amateur Bracket, and a side event in this one day. :x Crew battle could maybe happen depending on time and interest, but based off Phoenix 4, I can't guarantee anything.

Crisis

Smash Ace
So who is coming to the Victoria tournament this weekend? I can house two, maybe three people, but if more show up I'll have to ask others if they can house.

Edit: I am asking for housing purposes so that everyone who comes is housed somewhere.
i'm kinda interested cuz i can't play at home... but it sounds very time consuming

how much time would i have to devote to go? all of saturday and sunday? and whats your usual attendance numbers?

Top Bottom