• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 6 (Important Venue Change! Details inside)

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Alright arcansi. The controller works, all the buttons feel alright. The x button is a bit reluctant to cooperate (it's just a bit sticky, I never even use the x button).

But yeah if you're interested I'm pretty sure it's no trouble. I'll ask a parent when they're free and whatnot.

:phone:
100%, I'll pm you my Address right now.

HYPE!

@The Vic Tourney: Unless GrapE/IHT/Someone who can get me a ride is going, I can't.

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
Yeah, I doubt Travis would be going to the Vic tourney, I would if I had an arranged place to stay and stuff, but it's a bit late for that.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Smashfest today was really something. Not sure how you guys do it my eyes hurt and I have a huge headache. :x

But yeah, it was really fun and too bad not many people actually came. Hopefully I improved just slightly although it would seem it were the opposite. :p

Edit: The food was AMAZING such a shame you all missed out.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Maaaaaan, i've been wanting to hit up a smashfest the last few days. Who hosted?

I might have one next week if anyone would show up?

Captain L

Smash Champion
the pools were just for fun, and if jake posts one set of them then as soon as the attendance list changes everyone will bug jake to upload a new version and suddenly something he did just for fun changes to not being as fun anymore! plus when the actual tournament rolls around there's probably gonna be like 5ish people that don't show up that were un/confirmed that didn't mention that they were no longer going to be there, requiring a major overhaul of the pools and not just a "well we'll swap these two players and there we go"

plus it would be unfair to people who keep their mock pools compared to people that get their pools swapped around, imagine if you were an mk player that was told you were gonna be in a pool filled with pikachus, then suddenly you get swapped into a pool with a bunch of non-pikachus that already knew they were facing some mks in pools

easier just not to post it
a pool filled with pikachus

Asa

Smash Hero
it's one car one airplane

i may have found a new player to join this tournament guys :) aib lurking ftw

bundtcake

Smash Ace
k, the last post I made was on page 35 (14 posts per page, aka default settings). Did I miss anything important since then? (not reading thru 40 pages...)?

pl someone give a some sort of legit summary unless it was really not worth saying lol. I don't wanna miss any important info...
summary:

lots of unimportant stuff

45 total unconfirmed + confirmed (including washington and oregon) means jake is considering elimination pools

alberta is splitting up for housing, the group flying in is staying with me and the group driving is staying with breez

islanders are staying with andy i think?

and that's about it!

Asa

Smash Hero
islanders will be split up between landon and andy's until otherwise noted.

tin, where do you want to stay?

| Big D |

Smash Master
Had a great time on Monday. It was a lot of fun. Kevin has some mad Zelda techs and thank you Jake for helping me with the MK MU. I never pictured Yoshi could move like that. Btw, that was the greatest last kill ever... of all time.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Big D's parents make amazing food.

Regarding pools, I did some bracket-crunching to figure out what would be the best way to seed brackets from pools. Running an amateur bracket in addition to a pro bracket doesn't actually add too much time to the tournament as long as they're run alongside each other in an efficient way. The only thing is, I need to have plenty of set-ups to get them both going quickly. I can't say for sure until I know exactly how many set-ups we can expect to have, but it's looking good for the amateur bracket. I plan to go to the venue to assess the TV situation this weekend. Of course, I will need lots of Wiis as well. I may need a bit of help regarding TVs though; my goal is to have 12 set-ups, and if we can reach that, there shouldn't be too many problems.

On another note, this is what I'm thinking for payouts:

Doubles:
60/30/10/entry

Pro Bracket:
55/25/15/5/entry x2

Amateur Bracket:
1st gets their entry fee back

:005:

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
What he said, but not exactly. The pot split would be calculated after the $20 is removed from each pot (2 x 5th place for singles, $10 for each player in the 4th place team for doubles). For example, 1st place in singles would have $11 (55% of $20) less than they would without the payout to 5th, 2nd place would have $5 less, 3rd would have $3 less, and 4th would have $1 less.

:005:

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
There are only about four islanders going, and three of us are travelling together, so, if housing were split, that'd be three of us in one place and Rob somewhere else.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
Breez, please text me at seven eight oh two nine two fawr one two fawr with your address and contact info. I'm in charge of the car of AB people coming to BC.

I guess Bundt doesn't want the cool stuff we were gonna bring.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm coming to BC. I got the time off so I can join the carpool.

[EDIT]

Junk, Asa told me that you're looking to team with someone you don't usually team with. Whaddya say? I'm a pretty solid doubles player and BC hates Sonic. :) Make 'em extra salty with that D3/Sonic deal. Used to main Dedede and I'm comfortable with playing alongside Marth too, so whatever you choose to use I'd adjust.

T-block

B2B TST
the flyers will buy you even cooler stuff bundt, dw

plus, you don't have to deal with brningpyre's flatulence and kurauruaruruoduoaduo's lack of shirt

KillLock

Smash Lord
pretty sure first thing when we step into breez's house brandon is gonna take off his shirt

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I might go to this with Blunted. I wouldn't want to miss seeing all my Alberta friends! :awesome:

Asa

Smash Hero
are you gonna enter? O: you're probably better than 3/4 the community lol

Top Bottom