• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Philadelphia Player Finder

PhiladelphiaSmash

Smash Rookie
Welcome to the Philadelphia Player Finder. ~brought to you by Vororsh.
Suggestions are welcome.

Featured Video
(submit your suggestions for featured video in this thread or by PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0O2e-lFABc

If you would like to be listed, please copy and fill out the following form, and post it in this thread and/or send it as a PM to the PhiladelphiaSmash account. Only fill in the information you are comfortable sharing. If you don't want your phone number to be public, have people email/IM you to get it. For location, it'd be sweet if you could include public transit information (for example: I am on the Orange Line/BSL or I am in zone 3 on RR)

Name:
Character(s):
ALL relevant contact info...
AIM, cell#, email, skype, msn, etc.:

Philadelphia Tournament Watch

Melee:
2/12/11
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=285483

Player Finder
Philadelphia
Name: Jonathan "Vorosh"
Location: West Philadelphia (right at the 37th st stop on the green line routes 11,13,34,36)
Melee/Brawl/Both: Melee
Character(s): main: Sheik/Peach, secondaries: Puff/Falco/Falcon/everyone
Some info about you: I'm a student at UPenn, been smashing competitively since April 2010, best way to get in touch with me is to text.
Cell: 267-934-1255
email: Cres3.14@gmail.com

Name: Alicia "July" Lehmer
Location: Philadelphia, (seasonally Hummelstown (aka humblebumble, near Hershey, PA)
Character(s): Falco (main), Ice Climbers
Some info about you: I'm a student at UPenn I have been playing competitively since August 2010. Also, I love Philly <3
AIM- lemur023
Cell#- 717-798-6821
Email- aalehmer@gmail.com

Name: Kurt "NOCASH" Zubry
Character(s): Marth
Some info about you: hey my name is kurt. i love melee. im almost always down to play. my second love is music, followed by hacky sack. but no matter what chilling with my friends makes everything funner, so dont be afriad to hit me up =] I am willing to travel.
Cell#: 267 595 5231

Name: Dan "dlew" Lewis
Location: Philadelphia (Seasonally Richboro, PA (SEPTA R2, R3, or R5 line within 10 min)
Melee/Brawl/Both: Melee, casual Brawl
Character(s): Luigi (main), Marth
Some info about you: I'm a student at Penn, and I have been playing Smash for several years, but only recently have I tried to step up my game.
Contact info: dlew2191@gmail.com

Name: Carlos "ranmaru" Matos
Character(s): Doctor Mario, Falco, Jiggs (Falco and jiggs are still scraps, they are being trained, I would mostly use Doc in tourny for now, until my secondaries are much better)
Some info about you: names Carlos. I live near Temple, but I don't go there. Haha, but I'll be kool to play with you if you want. I won't be moving from here. I'm dedicated to become a much better Doc, I believe I can do it. I can see Shroomed doing it, I will follow his model (and Bob$'s in the past, and Waffles, and Dogy in the past) Also, I also like playing DDR/ITG. I don't have a machine near me, but I'll try. I'm also going to be hosting the MAD series soon. Get hyped.
AIM: Sumo449
cell#: 407-301-4542 (text me),
email: sumo_066@hotmail.com
msn: Sumo_066@hotmail.com

Name: Charles "Cactuar" Meighen
Characters: Marth, Fox, Everyone
Location: 6th and Catharine (3 blocks south of South Street) Blue line to 5th Street and then walking south is the fastest way.
AIM: WSFLCactuar
Cell: 717-858-4090
E-mail: charles.meighen@gmail.com
Info: I graduated from Drexel and have to do real life stuff, but I'm generally free on Thursday and Friday night, as well as weekends. Your skill level doesn't really matter to me as long as you have a good attitude about playing and won't get frustrated too quickly.
Note: Cactuar is one of the best players ever.

Name: Chris "Woj"
Location: Philadelphia, PA (NoVa when class isn't in session)
Melee/Brawl/Both: Melee but I'll play Brawl.... maybe
Character(s): Fox, Falco, Marth
Some info about you: I'm a student at UPenn, I've been playing and religiosity following the competitive scene for about 3 years now but haven't even been able to get too much competitive experience
Cell#- 703-999-2934
Email- woj.chris@gmail.com

Name: Skor. Alias - Rogue pit
Melee/Brawl/Both: Prefer brawl but plays both
Character(s): Melee-Falco Brawl-Whoever strikes the mood
Some info about you: I'm sexy
AIM-Rogue Pit
cell#- PM me for it
email-roguepit@aim.com
skype-Dat*****skor
msn- rogue-pit@hotmail.com

name: Steve "canismash"
mains: fox / sheik
secondaries: falcon doc falco cast.
Info: If you ask and I'm not too busy I make time for melee regardless what's going on. Also i encourage chaingrabbing me in friendlies.

Name: Benjamin "Bnzaaa"
Location: North Philly/Temple Campus, (seasonally Englewood, NJ)
Melee/Brawl/Both: Both
Character(s): Melee: Ice Climbers (main,) various; Brawl: Ice Climbers
Info: I mostly play Brawl, but I don't mind playing Melee. I'm willing to learn and help people out whenever need be. I usually willing to play depending on if I can get around.
Contact Info: Message me here.

Name: Matt "Xzax" Lib
Brawl/a lil bit of Melee
Character(s): Brawl: Falco/MK Melee: Marth
Some info about you: I'm a sophmore in high school. I played basketball, rap for fun, live right outside of philly. Play smash, am in both UFB and Enemy Controller. Hit me up sometime for Brawl, **** MELEE *********S.
Contact info : ask *********
AIM: xzax1337

Name: Bryan "Snax/Mr.X" Taylor
Melee/Brawl/Both: Samus (Main) [he didn't specify which game, Im gonna assume all 3)
Character(s): N/A
Some info about you: Senior at Lincoln University majoring in Computer Science with a focus on Video Game Development. I'm a very serious Melee player looking for tournaments, or anyone that can make me better in the game. Serious players only. I also play yugiz.
AIM: Bigzippa
cell#:
email: Bryan01012003@yahoo.com
FB: B Ra Carter

Name: Dan 4nace/Fornace
Melee/Brawl/Both: Brawl, Smash Land
Character(s): main: Sonic
Some info about you: I'm a student at Drexel University. I am also the creator of Super Smash Land and could use some help testing it out and getting it to a competitive level. I play Sonic in brawl and CFalc when I bored. Not really too good at Brawl still, but I love smash and i like the community.
email: fornace (at) gmail - add me to gmail chat. I am always online

Montgomery County
Name: Bobby "MetalReeper"
Melee/Brawl/Both: Mostly Melee, brawl casually
Character(s): Melee: Falco/Marth as mains, secondary alot of others. Brawl: Marth
Some info about you: Moved to PA 2 years ago. Love it here cause of smash <3 Known bout smashboards since 06, just recently stopped lurking, and started posting. I always have to work on Saturday and Sunday. (I have to request off long in advance.)
Contact info : facebook.com/artemisglitch
AIM: TheMetalReeper

Name: Brett "Mr. Skullhead"
Melee/Brawl/Both: Both (perfers brawl)
Character(s): Sheik/Wario (Brawl), Ganon (Melee) (I prefer brawl but w/e)
Some info about you: I'm only here for about a month but I'd like to get some smashing in. I've been PR'ed in Brawl before and have done ok in Melee Doubles a couple times despite only being competitive for about 4 months.
Email: brettramsay@gmail.com
Phone: 610-668-1441 (leave a message)

Name: Chris Carlin, "Coldkilr"
Character(s): Falco Main Melee, Dedede/snake/marth brawl
Some info about you: I've played for awhile, I just enjoy playing now. I have gotten better with age, but can never go out to tournaments because I work and have a gf :-/. Still a good competitive player
Cell#- 267-671-7103
Email- ChrisC500001@yahoo.com

Delaware County
Name: Ryan "Pakman"
Character(s): Luigi Yoshi Falcon Random
Some info about you: I am not too active anymore
Email: pakmanoncrack@gmail.com
Aim: PakmanOnCrack

Bucks County
Name: Tyler "Palpi"
Transit: I am on the West Trenton Line, formerly known as the r3 line.
Melee/Brawl/Both: Melee / Brawl Casually (Metaknight...srzbznz)
Character(s): main: Fox/Marth/Sheik
Some info about you: I am a freshmen at Bucks County Community College, I am in a band called Lor (www.myspace.com/halloflor | Lor.yolasite.com) Music and smash is my life. I have been in the smash community since 2008 beginning in brawl then moving to melee cause brawl blows.
Cell: 215-815-9484
email: zamfir3000@hotmail.com
AIM: Krunke1337

Name: Dan "Melo" Reynolds
Melee/Brawl/Both: Melee.
Character(s): Falco. Casually Mario, Sheik, possibly working on ICs.
Some info about you: I'm a freshman at Kutztown University. I'm a drummer. I've been learning guitar. I'm an archer. I play Melee. I don't like trying to summarize myself.
AIM: ADBCrazyLegs
Email: urbangrind@comcast.net
Cell phone: 215-932-7715
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=690872401

Chester County
Name: Zach "Dobs"
Location: West Chester, PA (closest train is to exton or paoil, transportation is complicated, contact for details.)
Character(s): Samus/top tier lol/randoms
Some info about you: Just graduated PSU in May started playing game in college couldn't really travel but have met and made some good friends through game. Also invited dobsgames ask Plank about it =) Play game for fun free on weekends Sundays I work most Saturdays till noon
Aim: dobs1007
cell: ask =) I'll give when I know you

FAQs
Why did you make this thread?
This thread is first and foremost a Philadelphia Player Finder Thread that will actually be updated.
The reason that I am creating this thread is because Philadelphia has an emerging melee community, and Philadelphia is among the least organized regions in smash. I'm making
At the time that I am creating this, the only resources for Philadelphia smashers are the "The NEW & IMPROVED Pennsylvania (PA) Finder" thread, last updated in 2007, and the "All-purpose Philadelphia Smash Thread" thread, last active also in 2007.

Is this thread just for melee?
No.
"The NEW & IMPROVED Pennsylvania (PA) Finder" thread is currently used mostly for brawl discussion, so I expect that the DISCUSSION in this thread will be mostly melee related, but this will serve as a player finder for BOTH melee and brawl in the Philadelphia area.

Define "Philadelphia area"?
For the purposes of this thread, the working definition of Philadelphia is on this map.

If you are outside of this area, but still wish to be listed on the player finder, that is fine, but you will be listed seperately and the expectation will be that the you will do the travelling.

When are power rankings coming out?
Maybe sometime in the future, but you're missing the point here.
This thread wasn't made so that we could have power rankings. At this point, power rankings would be irrelevant, because besides Cactuar, Pakman, and Ultimascout, we are all scrubs.

Why did you make an account just for this thread?
so I can have multiple people help out with it, and I can pass it on if I ever move away from Philly.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Name: Carlos Matos
Character(s): Doctor Mario, Falco, Jiggs (Falco and jiggs are still scraps, they are being trained, I would mostly use Doc in tourny for now, until my secondaries are much better)
Some info about you: names Carlos. I live near Temple, but I don't go there. Haha, but I'll be kool to play with you if you want. I won't be moving from here. I'm dedicated to become a much better Doc, I believe I can do it. I can see Shroomed doing it, I will follow his model (and Bob$'s in the past, and Waffles, and Dogy in the past)

Also, I also like playing DDR/ITG. I don't have a machine near me, but I'll try.

I'm also going to be hosting the MAD series soon. Get hyped.

AIM: Sumo449
cell#: 407-301-4542 (text me),
email: sumo_066@hotmail.com
msn: Sumo_066@hotmail.com

Palpi

Smash Hero
Name: Tyler "Palpi"
Transit: I am on the West Trenton Line, formerly known as the r3 line.
Melee/Brawl/Both: Melee / Brawl Casually (Metaknight...srzbznz)
Character(s): main: Fox/Marth/Sheik
Some info about you: I am a freshmen at Bucks County Community College, I am in a band called Lor (www.myspace.com/halloflor | Lor.yolasite.com) Music and smash is my life. I have been in the smash community since 2008 beginning in brawl then moving to melee cause brawl blows.
Cell: 215-815-9484
email: zamfir3000@hotmail.com
AIM: Krunke1337

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Name: Bobby
Melee/Brawl/Both: Mostly Melee, brawl casually
Character(s): Melee: Falco/Marth as mains, secondary alot of others. Brawl: Marth
Some info about you: Moved to PA 2 years ago. Love it here cause of smash <3 Known bout smashboards since 06, just recently stopped lurking, and started posting.
Contact info : facebook.com/artemisglitch
AIM: TheMetalReeper

dlew2191

Smash Rookie
Name: Dan Lewis
Location: Richboro, PA (SEPTA R2, R3, or R5 line within 10 min)
Melee/Brawl/Both: Melee, casual Brawl
Character(s): Luigi (main), Marth
Some info about you: I'm a student at Penn, and I have been playing Smash for several years, but only recently have I tried to step up my game.
Contact info: dlew2191@gmail.com

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
Name: Kurt Zubry aka NOCASH
Character(s): Marth
Some info about you: hey my name is kurt. i love melee. im almost always down to play. my second love is music, followed by hacky sack. but no matter what chilling with my friends makes everything funner, so dont be afriad to hit me up =]

number- 267 595 5231

July

Smash Apprentice
Name: Alicia Lehmer "July"
Character(s): Falco (main), Ice Climbers
Some info about you: I'm a student at UPenn I have been playing competitively since August 2010. Also, I love Philly <3
AIM- lemur023
Cell#- 717-798-6821
Email- aalehmer@gmail.com

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Name: Dan "Melo" Reynolds
Melee/Brawl/Both: Melee.
Character(s): Falco. Casually Mario, Sheik, possibly working on ICs.
Some info about you: I'm a freshman at Kutztown University. I'm a drummer. I've been learning guitar. I'm an archer. I play Melee. I don't like trying to summarize myself.
AIM: ADBCrazyLegs
Email: urbangrind@comcast.net
Cell phone: 215-932-7715
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=690872401

Oh:
Lor is the greatest band to ever live.
Their drummer sucks, though.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I feel the type of info (I.e. "name:") should stand out a bit from the actual information. It would make it a bit easier to find what's needed.

I'll add my info sometime tomorrow.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
I'd be down to play, I would love some Ganon tips.

Name: Brett "Mr. Skullhead"
Character(s): Sheik/Wario (Brawl), Ganon (Melee) (I prefer brawl but w/e)
Some info about you: I'm only here for about a month but I'd like to get some smashing in. I've been PR'ed in Brawl before and have done ok in Melee Doubles a couple times despite only being competitive for about 4 months.
Email: brettramsay@gmail.com
Phone: 610-668-1441 (leave a message)

My schedule is FREEE during the weekday since I'm on vacation.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Whatevs. If you want me on it, you should probably change some of my details....

Name: Charles "Cactuar" Meighen
Characters: Marth, Fox, Everyone

Location: 6th and Catharine (3 blocks south of South Street) Blue line to 5th Street and then walking south is the fastest way.
AIM: WSFLCactuar Cell: 717-858-4090
E-mail: charles.meighen@gmail.com

Info: I graduated from Drexel and have to do real life stuff, but I'm generally free on Thursday and Friday night, as well as weekends. Your skill level doesn't really matter to me as long as you have a good attitude about playing and won't get frustrated too quickly.

Edit: You can keep that totally awesome and true note after my info if you want ;)

Woj

Smash Cadet
Cactuar, I've been watching your stuff forever and I would like to play with you. I'm real busy with finals and **** right now + I'll be on break after the 18th but come January I'm down to play on weekends and random thurs/friday nights :cool:

Edit: Maybe I'll be available a few nights 14-16?

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
You know cactuar, I'll be 12 miles away when I move to Roxborough. Anytime you feel like playing on a weekday or something just let me know

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
Name: Chris Carlin, "Coldkilr"
Location: Roslyn, PA Until 12/18/2010, then It's Roxborough, PA
Character(s): Falco Main Melee, Dedede/snake/marth brawl
Some info about you: I've played for awhile, I just enjoy playing now. I have gotten better with age, but can never go out to tournaments because I work and have a gf :-/. Still a good competitive player
Cell#- 267-671-7103
Email- ChrisC500001@yahoo.com

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nah cactus. Maybe this weekend or the next. :p

I'm busy today. : D

Also, shouldn't this be the PA finder? not just philadelphia?

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Name: Zach "Dobs"
Character(s): Samus/top tier lol/randoms
Some info about you: Just graduated PSU in May started playing game in college couldn't really travel but have met and made some good friends through game. Also invited dobsgames ask Plank about it :) Play game for fun free on weekends Sundays I work most Saturdays till noon
Aim: dobs1007
cell: ask :) I'll give when I know you

Cactuar you free this Sunday? txt me been a too long man since we have chilled

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
It surprises everyone, yes birthday was Nov 20.

EDIT: Jon can you edit my info saying "I always work on Saturday and Sunday."
Thanks <3

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I'm not gonna pick people up from that far lol. I might drive out to play once in a while, but I'd prefer to stay in the city to play.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I understand but I really want to play you. I could provide gas $ if thats a problem and maybe we could have a slumber party.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lol I turned 21 on the 23rd of Nov. But bobby's bday was on rom weekend haha.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I'm going home tonight, but I'll be back in the city sometime Saturday evening if anyone wants to play.

@Metal Reeper: Money isn't a problem, I just don't usually have a ton of time after work, so Saturdays would be the only day I would really drive out somewhere. I'll most likely be going to a tournament somewhere on Saturdays though, which is why I would only want to play in Philly on Thursday/Fridays.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
I'm going home tonight, but I'll be back in the city sometime Saturday evening if anyone wants to play.

@Metal Reeper: Money isn't a problem, I just don't usually have a ton of time after work, so Saturdays would be the only day I would really drive out somewhere. I'll most likely be going to a tournament somewhere on Saturdays though, which is why I would only want to play in Philly on Thursday/Fridays.
Word I should be able to make it to Philly on Sunday...

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Name: Skor. Alias - Rogue pit
Melee/Brawl/Both: Prefer brawl but plays both
Character(s): Melee-Falco Brawl-Whoever strikes the mood
Some info about you: I'm sexy
AIM-Rogue Pit
cell#- PM me for it
email-roguepit@aim.com
skype-Dat*****skor
msn- rogue-pit@hotmail.com