• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phase 3 - Nov 14th - Dallas TX - Dojo/Razer/Gnes/LeeM

What extra event should happen after Singles and Doubles?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
How would you guys like to use some of these stages as Neutrals instead!?!?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMXBwpjshn4

Phase 3
Bringing Dallas tournaments back... That now include Monica's brownies and MK legal in 1vs1!
Livestream:

Venue:
Monica's House
2422 Greenwood Dr Grand Prairie, TX 75050​

Date/time:
November 14, 2009
Registration begins at 11am. Tournament starts at 12pm.​

UTDZac: 361-676-2223 / AIM: shadowgripper
Monica (ladybug): 972-339-2713 / AIM: youftw​

Events and Fees:
Venue - $3 (brownies, drinks, electricity, etc)
Brawl 1vs1 - $5-10 (depends on number of people)
Brawl 2vs2 - $5 per person
Poll Event (if time permits) - $2​

Setups
I need as many setups as can be brought. Please let me know if you can bring them. I don't have any myself so it's all up to you guys.

TV Only:
None​
Wii Only:
None​
Full:
Billy​

Starter Stages:
Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi Story
Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise

Counter-pick:
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat

If both players agree on a banned stage, it's okay to use it.​

Payout 1vs1
1st=60%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%

If enough people show up, 4th and 5th will get a cut of the pot as well.​

General rules:
  • 3 Stock
  • 8 minute timer
  • Items are set to "off" and "none"
  • Matches are best of 3 except in the case of winner's/loser's finals and grand finals.
  • In the event of a dispute(1vs1 or 2vs2), controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
  • First round stage will be determined by stage strike system.
  • No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • In teams matches, ports will be 1221.
  • If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  • If sudden death occurs, sudden death will be ignored and a 1 stock, 4 min overtime match will take place on the same stage.
  • Make sure you fix your controller and your tag before you start playing. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

Banned Techs
  • Meta Knight's infinite dimensional cape.
  • DeDeDe's Infinite grab if the opponent is over 250%.
  • Infinite wall grab if the opponent is over 250%.
  • Stalling is banned. If you don't know what stalling is...
  • Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Planking is a perfect example.

Other Rules
  • Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners and the sudden death will be ignored.
  • Ledge Grab Limit Rule: Characters are allowed to grab the ledge a total of 75 times per round. If you think that your opponent grabbed more than this, check the stats after the round. If it is exceeded the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your match (not the set). However, this rule can be ignored if BOTH players agree.

There will also be brownies in thanks for coming, supporting this and supporting Dallas Smash. Also, hype for Dojo's birthday celebration at the tourney.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
2422 greenwood dr grand prairie tx 75050

That's my address.

And be nice to my mom! I will never bake for any of you ever again if you're not.

EDIT: Don't forget to add Dojo birthday celebration! Wooo! Dojo birthday!

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Noooo! You're going to miss my birthday tourney. :(

Zac, don't forget to hype the costumes. I need to talk to you about something tomorrow probably.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Yay for Phase!

However i talked to Monica and some other people about this and they seemed to agree with me.

If you are bringing a T.V. and it is HD, Don't even bother bringing it. ( i hope that doesn't sound rude) But i would MUCH rather wait a little longer than get put on a T.V. that effects my playing and could potentially change the outcome of matches ( yes i know both players are dealing with it) but still i think it would be best if they just are not brought period. Only reason i bring this up is because it seemed as if 1/2 the T.V.s we had last time where like that.

Again don't take this as complaining about Phase or the equipment we have, just a suggestion that i think could make the overall experience better. Thank you Dallas for doing this, thank you Monica

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
I'll try to go ><
Stupid midterms and school and tests..and...stuff :B

Twilight Cloud

Smash Cadet
NNID
TwilightCloud
Oh myz o.o
I didn't realize stuff like this was happening near me >.<
I would like to go but I can't :/
I definitely need to play better ppl offline then my friends >w>

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Please please please don't forget to bring set-ups. I have three TV's but obviously we're going to need more than that so if you could help out it would be great!

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
*insert maximum level of hype*

This is going to be a blast. The last one was TOO good and this one's going to be even better.

Also: how long is the poll going to be for? I haven't voted yet and can't decide which event I want ;)

MIJO

Smash Rookie
awwwwww sweet, this is only 24 minutes away from my place, i might bring a set up.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Me and my friend are possibly coming to this event. Depends if my friend gets his research paper done plus its quite the drive.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Have to miss it :(

This 1 week after HOBO thing isn't gonna work out too well for me so I guess I'll have to go to each of them in alternating months.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Have to miss it :(

This 1 week after HOBO thing isn't gonna work out too well for me so I guess I'll have to go to each of them in alternating months.
Sorry PX. This month and next month kinda suck. I don't know why everyone wanted it on this day, and next month Hobo got changed and a lot of people are going to Winterfest so I stuck mine on the 5th.

I'm trying to keep them with a week inbetween cause I know it's easier for a lot of people. :\

I can house 15-20 people. Josh has already called a bed.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Not quite sure if I'll be able to come to this. It all depends on how much work I can get done this week.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Everyone be aware that unlike HOBO, we don't have the luxury and kindness of Duggfin and her tv's. We only have as many tv's as people can bring so if you are able to bring a setup, please do. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom