• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phase 2 - Dallas - Oct 17th - 1.Dojo 2.UltimateRazer 3.Gnes

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
@Ozz - I don't like always winnings teams. Sure it means I could have more money, but I'm not greedy. I'd rather let other people win a few times and have a good time then me always hogging it to myself.

Though I might reconsider in the near future.

Gnes

Smash Master
Ozz.....

Its because they would lose to razer and gnes ^_^.

Lee and dphat were the greatest challenge in brawl ever. I wonder if they keep up that strategy will it eventually effect the SBR ruleset.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If you beat them, then I don't see why.

Gnes

Smash Master
If you beat them, then I don't see why.
Uh yeah...but its not about how it effects one team, but teams in general. U didn't see how badly they ***** everyone else...they also ***** us in winners finals.

I want to see how that strategy works against dojo+someone.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
This strategy isn't that viable against another team that has 1 other MK that can compete for that edge + 1 player who can hold his own/win against whoever is playing on the stage. Snake also kind of Fs it up through chip damage to MK.

You were the only ones to get two shots against them, so don't assume no one else can beat it, lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If it's too strong, implement a stronger anti planking rule. If the planking rule is too lax, then whatever goes, goes.

Most strategies involving MK can be solved/neutralized fairly well by just adding another MK like PX suggested.

Gnes

Smash Master
This strategy isn't that viable against another team that has 1 other MK that can compete for that edge + 1 player who can hold his own/win against whoever is playing on the stage. Snake also kind of Fs it up through chip damage to MK.

You were the only ones to get two shots against them, so don't assume no one else can beat it, lol.
Since when can one mk stop another mk whos planking correctly. And thats fine if he can compete with the lucario on stage, ONCE U DIE AT 40% IT WONT MATTER. And i never said that no one else can beat it. Honestly i really dont clearly understood how we beat it but whatever...we'll see in the days to come when the vids come out and also at future tourneys.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I just want to make it clear... My last post was trolling.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Since when can one mk stop another mk whos planking correctly. And thats fine if he can compete with the lucario on stage, ONCE U DIE AT 40% IT WONT MATTER. And i never said that no one else can beat it. Honestly i really dont clearly understood how we beat it but whatever...we'll see in the days to come when the vids come out and also at future tourneys.
There is no one that can plank perfectly all of the time, so the other MK grabs the ledge and then it's a fair match.

You were dying at 40 b/c you didn't have an MK on your team to get him off the ledge and then **** him for his mistake, so you had to fight the Lucario.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What UNPREDICTABLE results.

SIKE
Yo dawg I heard you like Dedede, so we put Ice Climbers in His Belly, so you can Chain Grab while you Chain Grab.

Gnes

Smash Master
There is no one that can plank perfectly all of the time, so the other MK grabs the ledge and then it's a fair match.

You were dying at 40 b/c you didn't have an MK on your team to get him off the ledge and then **** him for his mistake, so you had to fight the Lucario.

Uh what???

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Honestly, if the MK dies like once, the team's basically screwed. I doubt it's going to affect any rulesets since it's a pretty big gamble to begin with. You're basically asking for one person to 2 vs 1 an entire set for 5 minutes for every set while the other person avoids damage for 5 minutes. The strain on both the Lucario and the MK should be pretty obvious, and it's hard to keep three stock for that long, and Dphat had to do it against a double MK team of 4saken and d4ba.

Dphat's just really good at running, and Lee's really good at 2 vs 1s. But if you manage to take just one stock from that MK, the entire strategy is nulled, Lucario went through 2 stocks for no reason, and the team's down to 3 stock total (with Lucario having damage). Then it's just about fighting a Lucario MK team with probably less stock that the opposing team since Lucario couldn't kill by himself the other 2 lives since the damage stackers didn't apply yet.

Denti

Smash Master
woooo!!!!!! my first real torney XD

my goal is to wreck someone HARD every torny once with ganon dorf, if i do this i will be satisfied with life

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Uh what???
Basically, this vvvvvv

Honestly, if the MK dies like once, the team's basically screwed. I doubt it's going to affect any rulesets since it's a pretty big gamble to begin with. You're basically asking for one person to 2 vs 1 an entire set for 5 minutes for every set while the other person avoids damage for 5 minutes. The strain on both the Lucario and the MK should be pretty obvious, and it's hard to keep three stock for that long, and Dphat had to do it against a double MK team of 4saken and d4ba.

Dphat's just really good at running, and Lee's really good at 2 vs 1s. But if you manage to take just one stock from that MK, the entire strategy is nulled, Lucario went through 2 stocks for no reason, and the team's down to 3 stock total (with Lucario having damage). Then it's just about fighting a Lucario MK team with probably less stock that the opposing team since Lucario couldn't kill by himself the other 2 lives since the damage stackers didn't apply yet.

Everis755

Smash Cadet
First and foremost, thanks monica for throwin together a super good brawl tourny in dallas. been a while since we had one of those =)

1: Dojo - good stuff mayne. hadn't seen you since FS. way to wreck crap
2: UltimateRazer - only little kid i fear >.>
3: Gnes - pro diddy is pro mayne. i'm gonna be inspired like billy since santi doesn't TL anymore haha
4: Lee Martin - good meetin ya. i'll hopefully kick it with you all again @ nokoast
5: Sethlon - nice to hear that you are livin in dallas now. more rep haha
7: UTD Zac. - i hope you enjoyed my random secret love text messages haha. thanks for being a big help
9: Infinity - thanks for gettin me to the venue! it was good to see you again after so **** long. definitely having another bbq smash fest soon!
9: Beah in a tie (BadNewsBear) - thanks for making fun of the fact that i dont have an iphone, but its ok since you don't have any sperm left after last night.
9: D4ba - danggg damian long time no see. how long you gonna hold out on my little slice of MLG pie? haha kiddin. thanks for wreckin me once or twice.
13: Inferno - dang. thanks for making me realize how bad i didn't know the R.O.B matchup, but i was still satisfied when i had first match to both high percent last stock =).
13: Dphat - chingy chong, a chinga chingy chong. =). way to wreck face. no gay johns either.
17: Vorguen - dang mayne. that match against damian was pro. keep it up broship
17: Awestin - it was good talkin to ya after so long. definitly have to get some friendlies in so you can Fair,Fair,Fair,Dair me like you did to ice @ that one PBT i went to haha
17: Denti - if i'm thinking you were the olimar player who put me into losers first round, then thx for reminding me how much i hated the match up when i stopped playing haha. thx for wreckin my face
17: Broly - you still owe me that corona puto. haha
17: Fogo - thx for the MM that i should have won. we both know i'm the real winner =).
25: Boose - super pro bro
25: Shuz - dang shuz. way to get your phone jacked by ice. and thx for just wrecking my nuts that last stock in doubles. i dont think i touched you
25: Bwett - havn't played you in so long, much less your diddy. gotta get some games in b4 nokoast.
25: Syoudous - thx for doing doubles w/ me. did a lot better than we should have haha. i'll be less rusty next time around so that i can pull my own weight
25: Ruddy - dangggggg. you used to be my hero. whats going on mayne?
33: Brett - don't think i forgot about that MM you owe me =)
33: Katie - happy belated once again =).
33: Shlike - danggg what happened this tourny? brackets must have sucked for you =(.
33: Magik - i still hate you.
49: J - it was awesome meetin ya mayne. keep at it fosho. and do more sick gaps
65: Cake - it was good seeing you mayne. not sure what your brackets looked like, but just keep wreckin the face i know you wreck.

and last but not least, Thanks RGV for staying at my place and putting up with that drunk chick at 4 in the morning. Most epic night. Ever. Hands down. haha.

*_Echo_*

Smash Journeyman
did any body get vids of me? just wondering ^^;
anyway

good **** to everyone i played

fogo- well ur fogo and u play DDD :p

slaps- ur gay and u stole my money ;-;

katie- happy late b-day :D

fino- good finally meeting u dude, awesome playn u :)

affin- great finally meeting u to, too bad we didnt play a ^^;

mdoom- great ike dude. so many jabs! @_@

denti- great olimar u got alot better, more camping :D and great duel, i won cuz my deck is like olimar :p

im to lazy to write more ^^; great to have seen everyone again <3

Hyrulian_Jinx

Smash Rookie
My SpotDodge to Fsmash didn't work... Ban Mk!!!!
~Shout-outs!!!~

Dojo- Thank you so much for playing those friendlies with me, and for the compliments on my zero suit. Hopefully I'll make it out of pools one day xD
Gnes- Money match infinity more. That was fun to watch xD
Kos-mos- You're too good >.>
Zeton- Nice matches =D
Inferno- Your theory on the peace prize still makes me 'lol' =D
Dphat- We've still never played Dx
Fogo- I caught myself looking at girl's feet in walmart... I think this is your fault. Brett- It was nice seeing you again. and look! I think I broke the "can't-stay-for-a-tournament" curse xD
Katie- Happy birthday again ^___^ it was super awesome hanging out with you, we should do it outside of smash sometime! And the couples match was silly xD
Shlike- Your zss is amazing =D Any tips?
SrsCat- I think your voice was made for announcing things.
Xyro- Sorry for killing you with aura sphere. I think your foot-long-bug on face johns are legit. =p
Monica- I need moar brownies O.o but yeah, it was nice seeing you ^___^
Infinity- Loooooooove you. =3

If I forgot anyone sorry >.>

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
shoutouts later.

glad to be back, hope to travel more often.

ps. shlike <3 needs more d.b

-d4ba

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
I learned a lot what I need to really work on at this tournament, also looking forward in seeing and playing some of you again at No Koast v2 :D

Shout outs later

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Edit: Get wrecked Slaps. You never played. lol
It's like I was never there, when i was :(

You're lucky I had to go and couldn't get the chance to **** you in Duelist, next time we meet, be prepared ;)
The results are a little screwy because Tio was doing some stupid stuff. I was really upset that 1) the bracket got switched around AFTER I spent 20 minutes properly seeding everyone and 2) some people got renamed / removed from the bracket/entrants when they shouldn't have.
Dang, renamed and removed? Was this before or after singles had started because I saw myself at 33rd before i left at like 11 so yeah idk when that could have happened. But that sucks man, i look forward to more tournies at that location. =]

Top Bottom