• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pharaoh's Judgment Live stream will be available! ALLY, HOLY, SWORDGARD, TIN MAN

Iliad

Smash Lord
Tinman you're an idiot. The CMA the Census Metropolitan Area of Toronto, is the actual influence of Toronto. You could call whatever you want the "GTA" but it's NOT the "GTA".

Burlington, Ancaster, Stoney Creek, Dundas, Flamborough, Glansbrook, Binbrook, and Hamilton. Are all the GHA as per it's CMA.

Whitby as far as I understand it is apart of the Oshawa CMA.

Learn2CanadaGeopolitics

*edit* a picture for you, since words seem too difficult.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Actually, is there even a Northern Ontario scene? Why don't we just call our scene Ontario, then?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
gundam wing: endless duel side tournament?!?
no

Is this what its like to be on crack?

Tinman you're an idiot. The CMA the Census Metropolitan Area of Toronto, is the actual influence of Toronto. You could call whatever you want the "GTA" but it's NOT the "GTA".

Burlington, Ancaster, Stoney Creek, Dundas, Flamborough, Glansbrook, Binbrook, and Hamilton. Are all the GHA as per it's CMA.

Whitby as far as I understand it is apart of the Oshawa CMA.

Learn2CanadaGeopolitics

*edit* a picture for you, since words seem too difficult.

hamilton's still free
agreed, U don't have to be a ***** about it Iliad, geez.

Here are the quotes from Wikipedia.

Some municipalities that are considered part of the GTA are not within Toronto's Census Metropolitan Area (CMA)
This is ur point, just because they are not apart of the census, they are not apart of the GTA.

whose land area (5,904 km² in 2006)[6] and population (5,113,149 as of the 2006 census)[6] is thus smaller than the land area and population of the GTA planning area. For example, Oshawa, which is the centre of its own CMA, or Burlington, which is included in the Hamilton CMA are both deemed part of the Greater Toronto Area.[7]
So you mean to tell me that this ^ is false?

Other municipalities, such as New Tecumseth in southern Simcoe County and Mono Township in Dufferin County are included in the Toronto CMA but not in the GTA.[7]
Once again, according to your point that its all about the CMA's, these are now apart of the GTA? :laugh:

These different border configurations result in the GTA's population being higher than the Toronto CMA by nearly one-half million people, often leading to confusion amongst people when trying to sort out the urban population of Toronto.
Other nearby urban areas, such as Hamilton, Barrie or St. Catharines-Niagara and Kitchener-Waterloo are not part of the GTA or the Toronto CMA, but form their own CMAs that are in fairly close proximity to the GTA (all within one hour's drive to downtown Toronto).[8] Ultimately, all the aforementioned places are part of the Golden Horseshoe metropolitan region, an urban agglomeration,[9] which is the seventh most populous in North America.
Basically what Looftwaffles is trying to say. Although irrelevant to the matter.

When the Hamilton, Oshawa and Toronto CMAs are agglomerated with Brock and Scugog, they have a population of 6,170,072.[10] It is part of the Great Lakes Megalopolis containing an estimated 54 million people.
fun facts

Edit:

Actually, is there even a Northern Ontario scene? Why don't we just call our scene Ontario, then?
read the following quotes for enlightenment

The "southern" part in the thread name tends to make place for a "Northern" PR. Should be Ontario only. Only one Pr per "state"
Good point. California has a southern and northern PR. New York has a New York City and new York State PR :p. So w/e i guess lol. Besides i guess Northern Ontario doesn't really have a PR anymore :(.
Good point NVM, but the fact is it really is only Southern Ontario that is active and partakes within our tournies. If came the case that Northern Ontario stepped it up I'll gladly change the title of the PR, Michelle wouldn't mind editing the banner either.

It's just simply the case at the moment.
Ottawa PR = Northern Ontario. Honestly we are very much not one region.

/8-hour drive to Ottawa.
Well my region is considered another region from mtl and the surroundings yet I'm not gonna make a "Southern Quebec PR". I consider myself a Quebec player and all of you guys should consider yourself as Ontarian players. imo the Ontarian Brawl community isn't big enough to split it in 2 differents PR.
Think about geography, not player concentration. Most of Ottawa doesn't come to our tourneys and we rarely go to theirs. I only know of buenob who will come to GTA tourneys and I haven't seen him in ages. Making a unified PR for players who rarely/never play in the same tourneys just isn't realistic; think of the difficulty of deciding on a panel and then getting them to agree on rankings with no empirical data linking the two groups.
ceX a beast.

Patches

Smash Master
First off.

God damn Tinaye. That was like... 20 posts in one.

Secondly, lets just all end this and agree that we are " Southern Ontario ", because thats what we are. We are not the GTA. At least not all of us. I mean, I'm in Ingersoll. Ingersoll is part of Oxford County. And that is as far as it goes, as far as I know. XD

So, all in favour of saying we are " Southern Ontario " say I.

-Googs

Smash Lord
First off.

God damn Tinaye. That was like... 20 posts in one.

Secondly, lets just all end this and agree that we are " Southern Ontario ", because thats what we are. We are not the GTA. At least not all of us. I mean, I'm in Ingersoll. Ingersoll is part of Oxford County. And that is as far as it goes, as far as I know. XD

So, all in favour of saying we are " Southern Ontario " say I.
Take your farmboy politics else where redneck

Iliad

Smash Lord
lmao. Citrus wins.

Aye. Not "I" btw Patches.

*edit* Tin, i'm not being a ***** about. But not everyone wants to be associated with Toronto. Very FEW people in fact ever want to be associated with toronto if you want me to sound like a ****.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
theres one thing i definitely understand from reading the past few posts

tin man is obviously scared of my deathscythe
Oh no you didn't. You do NOT want to mess with MY Deathscythe.

.....or my Vegeta in Hyper Dimension

.........or my Lipsyncher in Power Rangers Fighting Edition

anyone? :D

Its a 6 hour drive to montreal...soo...

yeah.
9 from Chatham, 10 from Windsor - both part of Southern Ontario.

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Ottawa can be like a 3 and a half hour drive if you know the right way. I go there like 5-6 times a year

This is from whitby ofcourse though

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Power Rangers Fighting Edition? Why does that sound like some terrible game for the original Playstation?

Gichan

Smash Champion
What game are you guys talking about, Guilty Gear?

And man Hyper Dimension was such jokes I ****ing die when I see that game.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Power Rangers Fighting Edition? Why does that sound like some terrible game for the original Playstation?
AMAZING game for the SNES you mean. In all seriousness, it's by far one of the best licensed-material fighting games ever.

Gi, all of these are obscure fighting games for the SNES, and all of them are amazing.

jabu_jabu

Smash Cadet
"you video tape me in that camera and it's gonna be smashed"

LOL @ ally's link
i see that's what you do in the wee hours

Patches

Smash Master
I might be open to MMs. Let me know if you're interested, and I can give you a thumbs up or not closer to the time.

GaW/DDD/Lucario

Top Bottom