• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantom Hits Tournament Southampton : 10th-11th April Inertia's not Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

COEY

Smash Lord
Might tag along for this, date sucks a little was hoping to host a surprise bday fest for joe that day, oh well back to the drawing board.

Might actually play someone other than luigi this time to give some ppl a chance ;)

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about not having this up last night but I had some chinese and felt sick :urg:

But anyway reread the first post. Lots of information now up including the date change and housing. Ask questions give comments, talk to me on MSN etc. Hopefuly this date will be better for people, one thing we are looking for is more TVs and more copies of melee, please tell me if you could possibly bring one or more.

VA

Smash Hero
yeah if it's not in march I can't come, the timing is all wrong for this tournament, look into maybe an early may date imo.

Kone

Smash Master
what bout a late april date? think mid march was early in getting people there >_>' thread was getting that much attention. would like end of april weekend or something coax more people to come? or shift it back to march?

personally, i was starting to get apprehensive about making the mid-march date. money issues an all

J03

Smash Master
wait guys. seeing as this uis your first tourney a smaller turnout might be ideal. if you host it with a -10 turnout it might be easier and give you guys the nessecary experience. tbh i dont mind missing it for the germany one coz ill be in germany!

just a thought tbh.

if you are going to change id advise missing out april completely. either march or may. in may the uni peeps get there loan so travelling for 50 quid wont seem so bad when i got 2k in the bank ^_^

VA

Smash Hero
bleh, no I think hosting a real tournament is much better, who wants a smashfest instead of a tourney?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
wait guys. seeing as this uis your first tourney a smaller turnout might be ideal. if you host it with a -10 turnout it might be easier and give you guys the nessecary experience. tbh i dont mind missing it for the germany one coz ill be in germany!

just a thought tbh.

if you are going to change id advise missing out april completely. either march or may. in may the uni peeps get there loan so travelling for 50 quid wont seem so bad when i got 2k in the bank ^_^
Joe pleeease this isn't helping implying that we can't run a tournament cos we have no experience. I don't remember Ant getting this for CHJ. I've talked to Pete (who is sorting out the date atm) and we're thinking of doing it the weekend before, so 28th of March. And we would like a good turnout as it would mean a good tournament

V.A.- exactly (btw we may be alright for housing so you don't have to have people round if you don't want to)

J03

Smash Master
haha i didnt mean for you tbh. you're running this with relatively new peeps, and the last thing they need is to experience a high pressure environment. also with a lower turnout its more likely to be smooth and relatively quiet. this usually helps the venue owner be more inclined to host a second event later down the line. its a tactic that has been used a few times.

also if the date it the 28th i dont think charles can make it as hes leaving a week early for germany. that said one player not attending isnt normally an issue and no expection should be made for just one person even if it is the UK champion =///. also it would be interesting to see who beats who wihtout charles to knock everyone into losers xD.

I believe that my, will, Z and Dmans attendence relies almost directly on ed and whether or not he wants to drive down a week before we head out to germany.

Ed: if your not up for it then its alright, im not sure id wanna make the trip twice in such a short space of time. that said it might be an ideal test or something lol and obviously id like to make it. talk to me or will online about it (remember will is almost always just appearing offline lol, and im at his lots) to let us know whatcha think about it

lots of love

Jo3

x

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I competely understand J03 points about the low turnout thing being a starter for you lot as you are new but, I still think the dates should be changed as I think they would get a too low turnout to the point where everything that will be payed for will become a waste but I dunno. What would the turnout be like anyway if the the germany thing went on?

AmcD

Smash Ace
If this is still in March I won't be attending (train fare is too much), if this coincides with Germany I wont be attending (low turnout) and if you decide to have the tournament on the weekend of 10th May I won't be attending (my birthday).

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
haha i didnt mean for you tbh. you're running this with relatively new peeps, and the last thing they need is to experience a high pressure environment. also with a lower turnout its more likely to be smooth and relatively quiet. this usually helps the venue owner be more inclined to host a second event later down the line. its a tactic that has been used a few times.
I'm not gonna have a bash but I don't really see a smash tournament as a high pressure environment. Giving a talk to your entire university year, playing a poker hand for a grand is high pressure. A smash tournament at the end of the day is just a smash tournament.
Doesn't really matter how loud it is as well as the venue is university property outside term time. The Chancellor doesn't come round the university ever :laugh:

also if the date it the 28th i dont think charles can make it as hes leaving a week early for germany. that said one player not attending isnt normally an issue and no expection should be made for just one person even if it is the UK champion =///. also it would be interesting to see who beats who wihtout charles to knock everyone into losers xD.
Agreed. I think stopping/changing an event for one person, whoever they are, is just stupid. However as no one seems to have a problem with the 10th April I may well change it to this.

So basically has anyone got a problem with the 10th April? If not I'll talk to the guys and change it asap.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm really sorry about that it was completely my fault for not being careful enough. Also by the 10th April I meant the weekend of that so travel down on the 10th and play the 11th.

My friend Luke is confirming the 11th April as we speak so yeah good times.

Kone

Smash Master
joe - in regards to what u said not sure ill be bothered bout driving down to this just a week after germany. really will depend on how i feel closer to the time =s. Also, i only have web messenger. Cant send msgs to people offline. if your at wills msg me as i got stuff to tell u bout the euro tourney and dicuss ****e

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Yeah I'm really sorry about that it was completely my fault for not being careful enough. Also by the 10th April I meant the weekend of that so travel down on the 10th and play the 11th.

My friend Luke is confirming the 11th April as we speak so yeah good times.
It's not completely your fault mate. I for one share the blame as I forgot about the german tournament. People, were trying the best we can for the date but we can't accomodate for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom