• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantom Hits Tournament Southampton : 10th-11th April Inertia's not Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA

Smash Hero
lol you should know I choked. I couldn't even waveshine. The better london players are *****!

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
they're not ***** at all, you just can't handle trash talk, ffs didn't you learn when you was in canada those smashers talk all the time. How are we ***** ._.

voilentjack

Smash Journeyman
amsah called me flaker on msn

i know how you feel i got pissed at fuzzyness once , he was jiggs i was marth chris was falcon frost marth we were playing double every hit i got on him he kept saying scrub . That pissed me off lol , i shouted ''shut up fuzzy its annoying '' !
chris + Frost laughed

Fuzzy laughed

so i ended up laughing

later i realised he was just being fuzzy , it made me handle pressure/distractions alot

chris is like this ^^

some players are extroverts / introverts

get used to it dude :D

Clockmire

Smash Journeyman
What videos got recorded in the end?

I know there were problems recording the winner's finals for singles (grand finals were alright though IIRC). Did all the doubles finals get recorded?

I also second everything that L-J said. If people want to judge another person's skill level then play them. I don't see how you can look at somebody's placing in a tournament and judge them when you don't even know who they are.

Great job organising the tournament guys - the actual venue was spacious and most of all free. The only downside was all the walking, lol. Props to the 'Saints' - B.Bill, Inertia, Dacacia and Callum - for making it happen.

Mattsy

Smash Apprentice
Congrats to all that placed high! Wish I could've been there.

On the current argument - Trash talking is part of competitive smash, lol. If you can't handle it then... grow a pair.

grayfox

Smash Champion
For me it isn't actually down to trash talking, which I love, but that most of Londons players are both bad winners and losers and have no respect rofl.

L-J

Smash Ace
you guys should host another tourney, the housing and venue was great (and free) therefore, next time NO EXCUSES. There shouldve been a good turnout for this ffs
QFT. No excuses next time - this venue is pretty much as good as it's gonna get so next time I wanna see this being a proper national UK event (something which can really only be determined by turnout).

craiigg

Smash Lord
Woah some serious ignorance/arrogance in this ROFL. Why don't u play me, Clockmire (or is that ClockWIRE lol) and Monty (and indeed a number of other people who placed lower than us at this) and THEN tell us we don't deserve to be in brackets at tournaments which all the top UK players do attend instead of just Fuzz and VA.
LOL chill you don't know me so calm

i HAVE played monty and others.. i destroyed people like monty at GGT2, his skill was embarassing

i'm not being ignorant OR arrogant. i'm ten times better than i was at GGT2 and even there i wasnt playing my best at all, before you moan.. find out about the scene. it's not a comment meant to put you down, more of an observation that due to so many of the top players in UK flaking (only 2 turned up) the results are laughable because they were so predictable

but hey, if you meet me when/if i host next or the next tourny comes around and you still think im arrogant in person then i challenge anyone from 3rd place downwards to a £10 MM?

like i said, i never mean offense unless i think it's due.. just words get taken the wrong way online

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Pretty sure hes just saying your being a **** craiigg. Basically from your post it sounds like your daying everyone at this tournament was ****. Ok fair enough it wasn't like GGT2, we didn't get a massive turnout and most of the top players didn't come. BUT you can just say nice results or something or congratulate someone rather than going 'this tournament is meaningless, I'm really good at smash'.

Why does precitable = laughable as well? That doesn't really make any sense. Pretty sure only the top 2 places were predictable as well.

Cheers to everyone who came for coming, it was sad Aiko and Pro couldn't make it but it was still good. Gratz to Ben as well on 3rd, was really good mate.

L-J

Smash Ace
Craigg, don't worry im not mad at u lol i know u didn't mean offence, i was only pointing out that your comment about ppl lower than 3rd not being able to get into brackets at 'proper' tournaments being unfair (Clockmire for example got 9th at GGT2, a tourney which most of the top players DID go to). Out of interest where did u place at GGT2 cus i don't remember seeing or playing u but if u tell me who u main and what placing u got it might jog my memory. Also, i haven't been on the 'scene' very long but i've met all the top players and seen them play in multiple tournaments so saying 'find out about the scene before u moan' is again a bit silly. Of course the results were predictable in that VA and Fuzz were top 2. Next time, hopefully there'll be no flakes *shakes fist at flakers*.

As for ur MM offer, now did i ever say that just because i think ppl at this tourney outside the top 3 deserve to be in brackets in tourneys with more top players, i think that we cud beat u when i don't even know u lol - strange logic :p

craiigg

Smash Lord
my first post had nothing to do with my skill? lol, i only brought it up when he offered to play me

and this is why i hate online arguments, irl you'd understand what i mean when i said it :/
no way do i think anyone here is ****, i havn't played any of them... just to not get hyped up over results when 2 top players show up..

im actually looking forward to playing people like ben who i've heard have gotten better and we always have a bit of banter about it

to reiterate, sorry if my posts come off as super egotistical but it wasnt the impression i aimed for
i'd be more than happy to play any of you, but brawl is starting to turn this scene into scrubs who get ahead of themselves thinking they're too good and that's not the direction i want melee going in

share the love etc <3

EDIT: i got 13th at GGT2 cause i messed up against Jet lol, not gonna john further than that.. but i play top players regularly so they can back me up =)

L-J

Smash Ace
Oh yeah i think i remember u now...maybe lol. I think possibly u were in my mate's pool (Mac D/MDS) and in the final match he 2-0'd u and u had to play a sudden death match cus it was a tie and u pulled out ur Falco and destroyed him lol. To john on his behalf, he sucks against falco :p If i'm wrong then i probs don't know u at all but anyways i look forward to meeting u and playing u at the next tourney we both attend :). And don't worry, I know I'm a 'scrub' but the way that word is used these days most ppl are tbh, and there's no way I'm getting ahead of myself although I have gotten a lot better since GGT2 as i'm sure u have.

Inertia, d'u know when the vid's that were recorded are gonna be up?

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yeah, inertia probs wouldnt know but Bullet Bill and Fuzzy might know when theyre coming up.
And I can definitely vouch for L-Js improvement, I only played you in doubles this time round but it got to a point where I started to aim more for MDS cos I was having trouble with your fox lol.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
How did you know I have no clue : / I was so out of it when you guys left lol

Yeah you've definitely improved. I pretty sure I've actually gotten worse lol

Sorry craiigg I'm tired and angry so just wanted a rant. I just would have liked more people to come considering all the stuff we had going for us but so be it.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Phantom hits- final thoughts

I am posting this thread just because I wanted to say what I thought about phantom hits but someone closed the thread before I even had a chance to :ohwell:. Monday was a bank holiday and now is the first time I've been able to post via a library so don't close this thread straight away :ohwell:

As for the tournament, it ended up going rly well even though I was ridiculously nervous about it. TVs were ok setups were ok and the venue was pretty good :).

In case he is reading this I'd just like to say thanks again to Gary for helping out with recording and figuring out the projector. Thanks to Monty again also for the providing of the tournament program... thing. Thanks also def goes out to LJ for not only a bringing a TV/setup but also for moving the TVs back to houses. It was also nice playing you, talking to you. Thanks to Mr Pro for the amazing text message lol. Thanks to Charles for making sure there was a good London turnout. A thanks to everyone that came tbh you all helped save the tournament from what would have been a rly rly bad turnout. Thanks to Tarquin obv for teaming with me (even though we sucked balls at times) and for running the tournament with me. Thanks to Dacacia, Pick for housing and sorting everyone out. Thanks to Sean for Driving TVs/ people around and bringing some new players. Huge thanks also goes out to Luke the president of the Gaming society who booked the room and made the whole thing possible.

a few shoutouts-

Inertia- it was great times seeing you again. Def a quality + funny guy :laugh:. Crews was amazingly funny.

Dacacia- always a pleasure + good to see your room actaully had floorspace this time XD

Charles- I'm sure we can arrange another at some point. Good to see you're still being really GAY doubles was crap though all you did was uptilt with falco and dash attack with zelda.......scrub

Hugo- you're a rly funny guy lol + crews was amaizng- you just lightsheild edgehog ***** everyone lol.

Tamooo- You're jiggs is good and you rly did play well when you were back at mine, work on getting making that kind of form you're standard and you'll do well mate. Please come to Southampton :laugh:

Dave- Thanks for not ****** me too hard with luigi. It was all good. Saints rule

Brtarolg- ?????? I don't know why you got so pissed off at me. I wasn't being harsh to and I'm sure if you ask other people they'll say the same. I rly have nothing against you so don't be so touchy :). Well done in singles though

Sean- great to see you again :). I think you def play better when theres no pressures so try and keep calm during tournament matches.

Oscar- rly awesome guy :). I hope I see you in future tournaments

V.A.- hmmmmmmmm. Well it was rly good seeing you again and I have to say I like you a LOT more offline than on here. I think you should stop johning tbh and try not to let things people get to you. It's all jokes anyway. You're fox was awesomeness in friendlies, in the tournament, not so much but it was good to play you at fox dittos cos I wanted some practice against good foxes :). Sorry about the Losers finals btw :laugh: only gave you one game that wasn't terrible. Don't even ask why I went samus cos even I dont know

Monty- LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Got ***** much? Nice Wobbling

Turnout was wtf. We had a free venue ffs and a good one at that. Plenty of time to book and we even did it during the hollidays- massive inconvenience for us, to do it just so it was a better date for you guys.

What Charles was saying to me was that we should do another one which I think we can, but if we do, seriously, NO JONHS. You should all be making a bit more of an effort like you did for Birmingham and everyone that came will all agree that- the venue is a decent size, there is more than enough housing and the venue is free. We even had loads of time left over for crews.

Ok sorry for the enormous post but the thread was closed :(

Aiko

Smash Champion
just thought i'd reopen this as there are a few loose ends to tie up. Will be carefully monitered though. any sign of arguing, johning, brawl vs melee etc will result in infractions/locks

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
yay i didnt get a chance to post here either,

well done charles for winning another tourney,

well done bill for coming 3rd, you definatley deserved it,

and for whats it worth, well done VA for coming 2nd, you may have played badly but come on the only guy you lost to all day was fuzz so what can you say?

thanks to the london crew for loosing to us in crew battles :D

finally, gary, any news of the vids going on youtube?

Tamoo

Smash Master
oh man, i totally forgot about the crews, that was pretty much all my fault lol
only took 2 stocks with my 4, and against a zelda too haha

and yeah same to u ben, any news about vids?

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna post in here about my wii-mote too! Did anyone take it with them by accident? Coz I haven't been able to find it... Also I have a melee disk and a Brawl box lying around if anyone's wondering where their copy went...

So the next one we do, during term time so I don't have to travel all the way down to Leeds? :p Although I liked that I was the only Northerner, despite not really being a northerner...

Had loads of good games (including a winning streak against Charles's spacies - lucky rests ftw! Why did you have to go Marth against me in the tourney? :(), and look forward to playing everyone again at the London ranbats!

As a final thought: the Saints are no longer the official worst crew in the country! Go us! lol

SeanObzen

Smash Rookie
Hello this is my (Sean Obviously) new account, cheers for the tourny everyone, good to see you all again, thanks Ben and ill pass your message onto Oskar haha. Might see you at this London ranbats thing

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
that melee disk you have duncan, is it the one out of my gamecube that says "calum" on it?

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
No, I have your copy as well Calum, shockingly I realised that your cube had your melee disk in it...

I've also got a third disk i.e. three complete set-ups for melee with no-one in my house :p

Except I can't use my Wii cos someone else has my wiimote... *sigh*

monty06

Smash Ace
i ended up with you wiimote soz dunno how i ended up with it, im missing a copy of smash and a brawl cse i ended up bring my game in a slot in my mag and no case. i need address to send u the wii mote.

L-J

Smash Ace
They're on someone's computer but I dunno whose. Also I remember some matches being cut off at the end cus of a lack of space on the camera but I think Winner's finals, Loser's finals and GF's of doubles and the singles were mostly recorded.

VA

Smash Hero
Well, I was in all of those. lol.

The Loser's finals match where Bill falls into my mind trap is the only match I want to see, I'll watch the GF's then throw up because I'll be choking so hard.

VA

Smash Hero
You probably don't even read my posts, just spin the generic prof **** post wheel and put a pin in it.

Today's topic: johns!

Yawn.

P.S after this I won't reply lol!

Aiko

Smash Champion
Prof Pro post creator:

Pick 1 from each column to make a sentence like professer pro.

LOL
LOOOOOL
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
lolllllllllllllllllllll

I
PDot
BulletBill
VA
Chrisboi
Aiko
You

am too good