• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantom Hits Tournament Southampton : 10th-11th April Inertia's not Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I am sorry for not making the Southampton event and I had a really good reason not to come which I told everyone and I was willing to travel.
I like the sound of another Southampton tournament and I don't think that NW (if they are) should complain about the distance because i'm pretty sure Southampton would be willing to travel to your events.
I am gonna try hard to make it to the next Southampton tournament.
I agree on bigger advertisement to attract new people iswell so they know it is a big event.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Also ill add that the TV supply was brilliant,
Wait till my ranking battles get running monthly again, then you'll see a good t.v supply :p i might be buying 3/4 more t.vs for the first one so there should be 10 t.vs at least

Also yay another southampton tourney

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
QFT. I kinda feel if they're not put up soon they never will be. Who even has them?
I think gary has some and bill has the others, not sure if bill has the internet atm though, but i am seeing him today i think so i can find out..

AmcD

Smash Ace
Personally Liverpool would be the ideal place to hold a tournament in terms of space/location. Only problem is housing :S if people were willing to stay at bolton (thats if joe/will would allow this) and joined together to stay in a hostel or cheap hotel then I'm sure I could organise a tournament.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Personally Liverpool would be the ideal place to hold a tournament in terms of space/location. Only problem is housing :S if people were willing to stay at bolton (thats if joe/will would allow this) and joined together to stay in a hostel or cheap hotel then I'm sure I could organise a tournament.
lol Why is Liverpool ideal.
Can't you lot just go to Southampton. All i've heard you lot say is that it should be close to you. I think you should travel to this tournament as it is a free venue and free housing.
So whens the next tournament...ohh its Phantom Hits. Is that the final decision? Oh yes it is. I will be there. So what if people ask where the next tournament is. We will tell them its in Southampton. What if they want it in Liverpool. Too bad.

Love you people, don't shout at me. :bee:

AmcD

Smash Ace
Again London people only care about themselves, don't you understand there is other people who live outside London? Scottish and people who live in the NE i think would find it difficult to travel to Southampton.
Also I've pretty much givin up on smash but will still make an effort organise tournaments near me and go to events near me as it isn't too much effort and money.

craiigg

Smash Lord
both ends find it difficult to travel to the other. that's why a centralized place like birmingham was good

tournys will still happen either end though and you'll just have to deal with it

Tamoo

Smash Master
Again London people only care about themselves, don't you understand there is other people who live outside London?
Its really not just about us caring about ourselves to be honest,
its just that the venue and housing available in southampton are probably the best we're gonna see, especially considering they were both free, and i'd honestly travel anywhere in the country if its for another tournament like phantom hits, as im sure many londoners would considering charles just buys the tickets for coaches and we go along, the location doesnt really matter to us.
And actually, i think it took us londoners longer to get to southampton than it did for birmingham because of the coach changeover and how close the venue was to the coach station in birmingham, so its not really just us catering for our location needs

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Again London people only care about themselves, don't you understand there is other people who live outside London? Scottish and people who live in the NE i think would find it difficult to travel to Southampton.
Also I've pretty much givin up on smash but will still make an effort organise tournaments near me and go to events near me as it isn't too much effort and money.
I don't remember any Londoners complaining about traveling to ed's tournaments. The reason people want it in southampton is because of free housing and venue, I dont really think location should be a priority over that.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
^

What they said, stop being so **** lazy to travel.. I used to travel to north all the frigging time

1/2 of you guys are too fussy to even take a **** coach because you cant be arsed to travel for hours, if you really care it dosen't matter how you get there or how long it takes as long as the EVENT IS GOOD. Free housing + Free Venue, what more do you want for a smash tournament instant teleporting machines? Wherever you go for a smash tourney it requires travel, taking a few hours extra big deal you still get the same outcome when you get there.

Honestly i think southampton should be a lot more forward into doing more tournaments, you have the best thing going venue wise and housing wise in the UK so far, its just the bad location but its not like tournaments are every month

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
its just the standard of UK tournaments and I think it shouldnt be changed into a 1 day thing. A lot of people are used to going to somewhere outside of their own area and staying there for the weekend for big tournaments.

I like knowing where I'm going to be sleeping after the tourney, or getting the sleep pre-hand. Rather than getting an early bus back and feeling crap later

craiigg

Smash Lord
Well some of us don't have free time to just give up an entire weekend.
i don't understand the point you're making here? if the tournament was in liverpool you'd still be playing on the weekend.. just because it's more convenient for you doesn't make it the better option

AmcD

Smash Ace
If the tournament was in Birmingham I would travel to do that provided I could get home on the same day which is feasible. Anywhere South of Birmingham I wouldn't consider going to because I wouldn't get home on the same day as the tournament.
Me saying tournaments could be done in Liverpool doesn't mean all of them have to all be in Liverpool. All I was doing was offering an other option because it is centralised for everyone because of the Scottish players.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I don't remember any Londoners complaining about traveling to ed's tournaments. The reason people want it in southampton is because of free housing and venue, I dont really think location should be a priority over that.
Exactly. They just want the tournament to be closer to them and since many tournaments have been close to them they are complaining about this one.

Craiigg: Yeah I know they would still be away for a weekend and a Liverpool tournament loool. Just excuses, when everyone knows that the Southampton one is more convient for everyone in terms of Money and Housing.

VA

Smash Hero
people shouldn't be whining about travelling. as we all should know by now it goes hand in hand with smash. go where you're required to go or **** off. I've been part of this community for 2 years now and never missed a tournament, AR2 was ridiculous, we travelled 15 hours out of 48 and I didn't sleep. those of you (AmcD) who can't be bothred to do such things just leave.

AmcD

Smash Ace
How about you take your head out your *** and realise how much of a prick you are lmao
i think i will stay around just to annoy you

VA

Smash Hero
Oh god don't take it so seriously, I was very drunk. I didn't mean any of what I said.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I agree with Aiko.

Edit: Yeah as fuzzy said when is the next tournament, I hope it is in Southampton though cos I wanna play the Southampton lot and I wanna try and bring Last Dragon and 4stock and tell them in advanced so no johns lol.

Aiko

Smash Champion
I say we should all give Southampton another shot, hopefully they can get something in the pipeline a couple of months in advance. Summer is a good time *hint*

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah so do I, I dunno why their tournament wasn't that successful last time in terms of attendance (prob something to do with Professor Pro not attending) but I think it will be more successful this time as more people will know about it and it seemed like things went pretty good for them AND the community seems willing to make this one as they didn't make the last one. Plus people know about the free venue and the free housing and most of all people know that I am attending which is a huge factor which should be accounted for in the whole situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom