• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantom Hits 2 CONFIRMED December 5th (First post update)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizard

Smash Cadet
Kira i saw your card at duncans house i think, it looked rectangular with some letters on the front i can't remember where it was left though maybe on the floor :O

Also really sorry about the mem card :| i'll be sure to get it back to you asap!

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
I'm gonna look into renting out a venue and dedicate it to crew battles. The only thing is there's never everyone in one place at the same time, even in Southampton we were missing last dragon...

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Oh yeah George pleeeaaaase bring my melee+mem card next time I see you lol

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
It's cool Dizard, if you bring it along to the next london monthly I should be there, and I'll bring yours too.

And as I say, I'm pretty sure I have kira's memory card.

J03

Smash Master
haha duncan, ill organise a getogether. see if you can beat me and coey, itll never happen, though i could probably beat you and coey by myself coz im sooo sick at 2 v 1. you up for some challenge matches?

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
heh yeah, you two teaming are pretty good - we'll see :p (<- Still over-using it) I'll definitely be up for that, we'll have to sort out a good date once I know what I'm doing at home.

Tamoo

Smash Master
joe: lol yeah dw, some more will go up today, but only bout 10 matches im afraid, I promise the rest will come tomorrow, i was jus a bit busy last night with my housemates.

fuzz + girl = confusion?
lol
will b on tonight

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'll bring beatmania to the next monthly so you guys can try it, **** that **** psp game
The PSP game is too good.
Better then Beatmania as the songs ar emore interestign lol :)

I was busy with a girl <3 get on msn today?
lol Fuzzy attempting to brag about his life :bee:

um, tamoo can you keep my matches too please (uncompressed) if you still have them cause I want them for my Combo vid :D
You're making ANOTHER COMBO VIDEO already lol.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Im gonna keep all raw video files on my laptop seeing as iirc, they take up virtually no space whatsoever.
Ok, all 10 winners semis going up now (yes, 10! >.> lol) and then wf, lf and gf up tomorrow

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
The PSP game is too good.
Better then Beatmania as the songs ar emore interestign lol :)

You're making ANOTHER COMBO VIDEO already lol.
yo prof, beatmania has like 15 games and all have diff songs? so you how can you say something so bluntly without knowledge lol

and yes another combo vid is necessary, will prob do it in feb when I have lots of footage :D and lets make one for you too prof?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
yo prof, beatmania has like 15 games and all have diff songs? so you how can you say something so bluntly without knowledge lol

and yes another combo vid is necessary, will prob do it in feb when I have lots of footage :D and lets make one for you too prof?
I was actually joking with the Beatmania thing lol.
I only said it cos you tried to insult DJ Max when i had alot of fun with it lol..:(

And yeah I would actually like to have one but I would DEFINTELY need a whole bunch of new footage.
I tihnk their might be a few combos on youtube which could potentially go in my combo video.

COEY

Smash Lord
Last few pages were quite.. entertaining.

On understanding the game I'm referring to a lot of different things:

-spacing
-stage awareness
-options
-match ups
-percents

a whole range of things that I know the players I'm facing aren't aware of because they don't approach things right. that's my impression at least anyway.
This is a good post so i thought i would bring it up again. It's very vague but thats not really any fault of Robby it's just that to do it in detail would mean a massive post.

Some snipets of advice i'd like to add would be stuff like learn what mistakes you keep making and remove them. Many common mistakes are; bad use of your second jump, recovering the same way everytime, over use of spot dodge when feeling pressured, and trying to shield grab everytime.

But also added to that there is the whole metal aspect of the game that many players might not have had as much experience with until attending this. For example never go into a match expecting a win or a lose, both can very often result in a loss.

This also actually realtes to the discussion about camping, camping is in no way fun but it is legal so you can't blame anyone for using it. The problem is that a purely campy style is a bad mindset (as well as not making you very popular which can really affect your game if your being boo'ed), but a defensive style can be very effective as it can irritate your opponent and force many technical errors but more importantly can force many mistakes and lack of judgement regarding spacing and use of second jumps.

The best way i have found to counter it is to catch campers using their second jump, this can be done quite easily by simply short hopping or full jumping (depending on character obv) and simply doing nothing, a very campy player will usually try and evade the expected attack and you simply save you second jump for when this happens, hit them and the edge guard/ or get your combo **** on. This is especially effective against sheik as she combos quite nicely.

Tamoo - i dont think you have anything to feel bad about, you made brackets at your first national, i wish i had done that, it took me till my 5th national and for joe it was his 6th i believe. Just dust your ego off and get back at it. you style reminds me of how i play when i'm playing safe, keep it up.

J3ly - joe says your a sick guy, gonna try and make it to the next ranbat in London. good that your not too bothered about making brackets thats a good attitude to have. what i will say is saying that your not makiing johns.. is a john, if you ever meet reacher you will understand anything you say about any match you lose is a john, even congratulating the winner :p

Charles - did you get your mem stick back? i'm not sure but i think a copy of windows 7 was still on it. is your next ranbat january?

Robby - i reckon we could take Charles and Pro at the next one of these, what do you think? Teams is my bread and butter and teaming with fox is even more so.

Ben - congratz again on making this a success, i would be interested in teaming with you as well if Robby doesnt want to, i'd love to see a mario bros teams make top 3 at least!

Actually Ben, J3ly, anyone else who plays a mario based character so i guess that includes peach players.. i think its time we step it up and show washington state where the real mushroom kingdom is!

Sorry this post is so massive i have limited net access atm so i kinda have to get it all out in one big go.

I'll try and be on msn more when i can feel free top add me justwillhudson@hotmail.com

Lots of wuv

Will

xox

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I texted The Lust today and he is coming London maybe this weekend so I will have DJ Max Portable 2 on my PSP by then and then if you come to the next ranbat I will show you how I have improved and then you will NEVER HEAR 'YOU NEED MORE PRACTICE, NEVER GIVE IT UP' loool.

Unless Ben is playing cos he pretty much sucked for a guitar hero player :bee:
I can give you lessons if you want ;)

Tamoo

Smash Master
Nooo don't take my VA! Me and VA were pretty sick together :(

And actually, this isn't my first national, I got outta pools at GGT2 aswell (somehow!!). Im just annoyed at how i played on the day really, there was like no spacing on my part but I know exactly what to work on so im just gonna go to the tournament this weekend and space the **** outta everyone :laugh:

Also, good advice :)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
he's got a point though, you're doing well even if you get out of brackets early

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
wow people are offering to team with me :laugh:

Nice post for tamoo- imo even though you had overestimated yourself, your still playing good which is the main thing. I'd just definately say always respect your opponent and by this I just mean is know that they can beat you. When I all of my matches now even ones I'd prob be a favourite to win- I treat my opponent as a threat and make every effort to counter they're playstyle and beat them. when I played you at the last London monthly I knew you had improved and your jiggs was playing rly well so instead of thinking 'meh what does he know I'll beat him for sure' I made sure I played as well as I can cos I needed to.

In my opinion you need to rly take your game to your opponent more and let go of your bair spam security blanket. When I played you I could just stand back and know that so long as I didn't make an approach you weren't going to move in with anything. All this did was give me space and time which allowed me totime my aerials around yours. Put more pressure on your opponent!

In all honesty, even though you're a cool guy, you're ego was for me still very anoying. I gotta be honest about that.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
any smashers want to go karaoke? hugo is planning a day out at a karioke resturant in holborn :D

yes the next monthly is late january and it's already confirmed

Tamoo

Smash Master
prof: dont worry, noted already, it errored during upload so is now at the end of the queue

ben: cheers for the advice, I just had trouble playing offensively against ur doc, I tried for one stock in that match when it was pretty much all or nothing, and i got grab kobe'd. :/
Still gotta work on offence, I much prefer letting the opponent come to me and reacting off of that :s

fuzz: spell karaoke right!

Tamoo

Smash Master
I will put up a video thread in melee video discussion tomorrow when they are all up, but at a guess, I'll say around about 15 sets or so.
There's whatever there is now, plus winners final, losers semi, losers final and grand final

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Quite alot of matches were recorded.

Prob like 3/4 more sets should be uploaded.

And I agree with Blinky, I actually haven't seen a rhythm game harder then that, show them that one you should me yday lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom