• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantom Hits 2 CONFIRMED December 5th (First post update)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
My Falcon will be best Falcon in UK in one years time I BET.
Bet? What £25 that you place 5th or above? SOLD!!

Don't learn wobbling or anything else gay or u'll become like Monty who spent most of his time using Sheiks chain to deal recovering spacies 200% damage....

Well done to VA and Tamoo as well I watched the doubles vids this morning and you guys played really well. Hopfully you can finish what you started next time.

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
good job on recording the videos guys for those of us who werent here

Charles: stick with the falcon, it's hella more entertaining to watch!

Kill The Beast

Smash Cadet
I was trying to say your falcon impressed me, I prefer it to your sheik and falco. honestly I think it's not quite there yet but you have stuff to work on, your sheik and falco you just play...you have lots more to work on with your falco but it involves overhaul not just small adaptations. Basically I think you play falcon right and falco wrong, and sheik just blah. So stick falcon xD

Kill The Beast

Smash Cadet
yeah I really believe that it's worth using your falcon to a) get more experience b) you won't improve your other characters as much. going and losing will help you get to the next level with falcon anyway, but I'm sure you'll do really well with him.

monty06

Smash Ace
I dthrow dair all the time I know how to chain grab etc its just I mess up the timing under pressure, I also know how to wobble but I never use it even in friendlies, I cant use it in a tourney so whats the point.

At the moment I need to work on nerves, and timing for every character. I'm gonna go back and read matchup guides and different ways to desync them

haha yeah wobbling is banned here because of me i think lol

VA

Smash Hero
I don't think so monty!

It's stupid that it's banned, it shouldn't be because it's not overpowered imo.

COEY

Smash Lord
lol i banned wobbling at shs1, not because of monty that was years ago when the overall level of skill in the country was very low. the reason i banned it was due to how easy it is compared with every other chain grab, 0 - death in the game. its the reason why the other ice climber chain grabs arent banned, because they require a decent amount of timing and skill, not just hitting the a button.

also picking ice climbers just because you can win by wobbling is a bad mindset to get into imo, and generally wont improve your overall game as long as you keep relying on it. ice climbers have so many grab options without it anyway.

lol robby im sure you dont mind if wobbling is on, i'd probably feel the same if i played peach :p

and going back a couple of pages;

i remember zeppo beating charles in mm's back at edmas, back when everyone rated both zeppo and darvor above charles, tho to be fair i remember zeppo saying charles was gonna be amazing as did doug before he left the country.

oh and tamoo - never copy anything phanna does lol. or anyone else who just wants a **** load of fanboys like him, gimpyfish, etc.. your the one spending the time converting and uploading the files so either what the players want or more importantly what you want. if you want newgrounds music thats fine just dont be a douche.

Tamoo

Smash Master
lol im def not a phanna fanboy, and i didn't do it cos he did it or anything lol.

Did it cos it was the easiest thing to do at the time, rather than listen to others people's contrasting suggestions

COEY

Smash Lord
haha im only messing anyways, but aye if its your vid that your spending your time uploading then put whatyou think should be on it. at the end of the day if ppl dont like it they can always mute it and listen to what they'd prefer.

whens the next london ranbat is it confirmed 30th yea? cause i'm gonna book my coach asap i also need to know if i could get any housing. coach is only 20 quid return atm so as soon as possible is preffered.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Charles- you can lock this thread now. I'm pretty sure everyones finished talking about the tournament. People talking about Jan 30th can do so in the London monthlies thread

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Just came here to make one last comment before the thread closes obv obv obv.

ALL you biatches who went to this event better be at the next big event which is the LONDON MONTHLY JAN 30TH!!!

This event was really good though and I think it's given the community a spark for other events and just to be better overall.

More peoples will be at the London Monthlies though and MAYBE we can do a 32 man bracket including pools lol :).
That would be sick.

Anyway *** you Ben and thanks for this event :).

VA

Smash Hero
32 man bracket with pools? sounds stupid, I liked the 16 man with pools. I don't need housing for tournaments, unless they're in the north!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Charles delete their posts and leave my one in cos it's the only one worth leaving :).

VA - I don't think it sounds stupid.
And plus we could potentially have 45/50+ at our melee thing.
And that would be pretty gay if 16 out of of that much only went through imo :(

Oh yeah and VA you always seem to leave events early lol.....is there any chance in you staying a bit longer at this one?

VA

Smash Hero
Well pools and 32 man bracket will be looong, why not a well run doubles bracket instead? plus isn't 50 a bit of an exaggeration. I don't know how long I can stay, I usually have to leave because I don't like staying over if I don't have to. I had to pay £60 for a taxi cos we missed the last train in southampton.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Last Ranbat we had like 33 people attending for melee with a good amount of people flaking lol.

And this ranbat will be good because they always are after a good decent brake.

And since it seems we are getting quite alot of OOLondon people coming to this one I expect a 45ish attendance.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Seeing as this thread may be closed soon, i'll do sum shoutouts that i forgot to do

Elnino: sorry for our match putting that much pressure on u, really didn't mean for that to happen but u came out as the hero in our set lol.

Monty: Fiiinaly beat u lol, been waiting for that chance for a while. Stop rolling predictably against jiggs, neva ends well

Ben: Props to a great tournament man, god our match was campily intense. gonna have to camp harder next time :p

Frosty: I'll get ya next time, promise.

Dave: **** u!

VA: We had it going in teams, and i was doing pretty **** looking back on those matches so if im on it and we team again, i think it could be awesome. Also, good **** in singles, looooooove watching your peach a hell of a lot.

Prof+Fuzz: well done guys, didn't get any friendlies in with ya guys and u didn't really show up in doubles so gotta play u guys next time

Crabman: ****! So happy for ya man, u deserve to get recognised.

deathgazer: no idea how u flopped pools, i couldn't do **** in our friendlies lol.

Cheez: Daaaamn, ur my bane lol, I was genuinely trying in that mm :s

J3ly: and im ur bane apparantly, i don't understand why i find mario easy to play against. Keep it up man, ur def improving a lot.

Gantz: We'll prove our worth next time eh

hugo: uve improved more than id imagine u would from watching u play, keep it up

Lust: Good **** in pools man

Calum: Thanks a hell of a lot for housing me man, was awesome accomodation.

Anyone i forgot: I'm sure ur awesome.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
larger brackets (32 man) will show more up and coming potential but it will be a ***** if people wanna record matches, that will take long and pools will be good that way there will be no byes.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
OOC: You guys are the reason why I still play smash and I can seriously assure you that I got your backs at all times. I enjoyed this event we all represented!

Prof: Nice one changing your tag from "PROF" to "OOC" No hard feelings coming second, I only say "your out of the crew if you don't win" to motivate you but seeing as I know what the pressure feels like I'm gonna tone it down. Congrats on 2nd though you know what they say 1st the worst, 2nd the best! (that leaves VA with a hairy chest)

Gantz: You let bullet bill win coz you felt sorry for him, I know! lol You definitely have the potential to become londons top 5 in the up coming months, Just show 'em how its done!

Lust
: loooool. And Congrats Getting out of pools I wanna see that kind of rapeage more often.

(Last dragon: you werent there you fassy! so I aint gotta write **** about you lol)

Deathgazer: Deathgaylord your falco has stepped up once again What I recommend you do is that you stop playing level 9 fox and falcos and start working on timing for floaties, Forget about sheik man my experience with playing multiple characters messed my gameplay with my main. Nevertheless... Your falco is on steroids!

J3ly: MARIO! MARIO! MARIO! lol we need to work on our teem play, I know we can take the show by surprise and fvck the **** up! Also I speak for both of us when I say we got to work on our temper lol! Best Mario by far dont let VA tell you any different (**** VA).

Hugo: Our matches are always friggin' close I need to get more legit games with you man.

VA: ^^Only joking with ya^^ you'll beat fuzzy next time, I was routing for you.

Edwin: Thanks for the advice I need to play more games with you. Sickass marth though. I'm a fan.

Frost: I'm taking your spot soon watch out. Another marth thats sick in the head. And your little yellow rat is on drugs! Stop fading out of the scene and keep up the good work.

Chrisboi: Your marth is good, there I said it (you annoying little ****!)

Tamoo: thanks for the shout out tw@ lol

Beast: You get a shout out too, The fact that I got angry means you was doing something right. Stop running away though and live up to your name. Next time I wanna get some friendlies in so I can see your true abilities.

Kman: Yep looks like I've taken out all your characters you have to offer except that peach of yours, but trust me the next time you face me I'll be walking away the winner. Step up the game though I know how it is with uni and that but we're still local, whenever you wanna get some games I'm around. PS. get the hell out of pools

Synapse: Didn't get to play you. Great falco though but my IC's eat blue birds for breakfast.

El Nino: oooooooooooohhhhhhhh. Best match of the tourney! so close you'll get there next time I felt pressured but bboooiiiiiiii you must have felt the heat. you get ratings for that! definitely!

Dicacia: hahaha another off my list. get used to IC's coz you got WRRAAAAPPPEDDD. You did hold it down in teams though so we're even.....

Bullet head: Dont get old before your time, chill the eff out. Don't play to win you'll stress out when you dont (I suffer from that), Play to improve and see it as a learning curve. You are ****ing rude though!

TC: good match need to play you more often too... Stop keeping your smashfests secret and maybe you'll get used to playing ICs I'm looking forward to our next games

Fuzzyness: ¬_¬ .....sigh.....

Other IC players: Know that your no where near alpha dash's level lol joke! BUT support me! I'm representing!

Everyone else: ... Ya'll can kiss my a$$. Na I'm glad to see everyones improving! We need to show the rest of the world that we aint as ****ty as they might think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom