• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantom Hits 2 CONFIRMED December 5th (First post update)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
adam though it just seems harsh cause you're bashing him for a legit tournament win lol, if it was really wrong then it'd be a banned strat.

dash's lack of experience would be classed as one of his weaknesses, so beast did actually find out one of his weaknesses, it just wasn't enough in the end and dash came out as the overall winner. to me that's like asking someone to go easy on a newcomer cause he doesn't have as much experience as most other people vs a certain char or w/e.

i think you have mad potential dude, you improve fast as hell and your mario is really enjoyable to watch. but it's my opinion that if you keep going on about losses like this and how wrong they are it's only gonna slow your improvement, potentially by a lot. just accept them and use them as your drive to **** the guy next time. look at charles, VA got phantom knee'd which cost charles a match (yeah it's not really VA's fault either but that isn't the point), but he isn't really going on about the luck involved there, he still came back and won the set.

@Charles: I've sent cash, confirm if you got it please.

L-J

Smash Ace
J3ly stop this hate man. Camping is a legitimate strategy and if your opponent can't figure out how to get around it then that's their fault. Whether you agree with camping as a playstyle that one should employ to win is another matter (like all the west coast calling pink shinobi's style 'wack as ****') but it is legit and you cannot complain if you lose to it. The solution is to find your way around it which it sounds like Alpha did anyway (unless Beast stopped camping, I didn't watch the set).

Also wtf with slating Crabman. He beat Synapse 2-0 yet you say he didn't deserve to win? I didn't watch the set but that sounds pretty bitter to me. And if the people you say deserved to get out of pools deserved to get out of pools they would've gotten out of pools - no johns. Like Nino for example was so close to beating Tamoo and surely earning a high seed at his next event (though he may have done anyway with that performance) but at the end of the day he came up just short, that's the nature of competition. Crabman did what he had to do to get outta pools and he earned his place in the bracket, and if you think his pool was easier than some others, again that's the nature of competition. Please stop the hate.

Btw Nino you can be my first shoutout before I do the rest later - your match with Tamoo was the most hyped of the whole tourney and was amazing to watch. You held it down so so well until the SD which cost you the match. I hope you continue to improve and get outta pools at your next national - great stuff!

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
i cannot frugzin believe that crabman - hold on, let me say that again

crabman

got our of pools. When people like me, Deathgazer and Kman and Alpha dont get though.

wtf
omg, get a life...

shoutouts

Chrisboi I thought you were gonna be a nutter, well, you are a nutter, but also a very nice guy, great to meet you!

Everyone that stayed round mine Thank you for being so quiet and respectful! Thank you, id have you all back next time!

VA Thanks for ****** me in pools, you keep going on about understanding the game, care to elaborate that? What do people need to understand?

Dave's Gays Enjoyed your company as always, might have to come see you to get some games in over christmas

Jo3 Great to meet you, carry on playing fox, and being so northern :)

Deathgazer Your falco is so sexy, almost as sexy as you in your ear muffs ;) just stop suiciding!

Beast I know I didnt play you, but i was watching you play shiek, you've got a lot better! I was really impressed.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
adam though it just seems harsh cause you're bashing him for a legit tournament win lol, if it was really wrong then it'd be a banned strat.

dash's lack of experience would be classed as one of his weaknesses, so beast did actually find out one of his weaknesses, it just wasn't enough in the end and dash came out as the overall winner. to me that's like asking someone to go easy on a newcomer cause he doesn't have as much experience as most other people vs a certain char or w/e.

i think you have mad potential dude, you improve fast as hell and your mario is really enjoyable to watch. but it's my opinion that if you keep going on about losses like this and how wrong they are it's only gonna slow your improvement, potentially by a lot. just accept them and use them as your drive to **** the guy next time. look at charles, VA got phantom knee'd which cost charles a match (yeah it's not really VA's fault either but that isn't the point), but he isn't really going on about the luck involved there, he still came back and won the set.

@Charles: I've sent cash, confirm if you got it please.
I use dreamland and camp against jiggz with fox to win, so?

I got the money TC

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
It's not so much hate, its all opinion based, which he is entitled to (not just sayin that because its in my defence but its the truth). FOOTBALL FANS FOR EXAMPLE, if a referee gives a debaitable penalty to a team, fans will be on the defence, and express the opinion in the way they see fit, hes allowed to be angry about it. Supporters of the opposite team would generally say, it was fair they deserved it etc etc........ OPINION IS OPINION we're on a forum site therefore we can say whatever the **** we like.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
thats the fans though, its a bad mindset for an actual player to think like that

I know TC but dash dont seem to get it so much :( dash you wouldnt like to play me on dreamland, it's prob 10x gayer if i play a campy fox
oh lol it looked like you were responding directly to me

j3ly

Smash Champion
OPINION IS OPINION we're on a forum site therefore we can say whatever the **** we like.
This. it is my opinion, nobody seems to agree tho lmao. IMO it is the worst strategy. Hardly a strategy atall in my books, we, the end result is essentially me telling you guys i have no respect for people who time out. That, and the guys themselves dont get better, though at least dash has timing-out xp now.

You think i dont know that its the nature of the torney? I got a respectable pool and i didnt get though. no johns. I should have beaten Warning, but got unlucky and ****ed myself over. Where are the johns so far? If i got Daves pool i think i would have gotten through, and if i got deathgazers pool it would have been unlikely that i would have gotten through. Hear no johns, see no johns. My pool determined my placing, some people just get lucky - some are neutral (my category imo), and some get freakishly unlucky

regardless my time on smashboards has come to an end... after this touney hype ends i might just delete my account. its a waste of time and people say stuff they wudnt in real life which pisses me off, unless they were trolling which is acceptable.

L-J

Smash Ace
Decided I may as well do my shoutouts now before I forget stuff lol.

First off thanks to Ben for hosting and running this tourney. It really was a great success. There are only 2 things I think could've been done better.

1: Forcing people to do the matches they're scheduled to play within a certain time and imposing forfeits if they don't turn up/refuse to play. Players taking longish breaks between matches was the reason the tourney get behind schedule and finished late leaving no time for crews, etc. The tounament organiser needs a mic to read out matches to be played and an IRON first lol. I understand players who've just played draining matches want a break before their next one but some of the gaps between matches were just too long.

2. Doubles seeding. Don't get me wrong I didn't expect it for this tourney at all, but the randomly generated bracket showed why really doubles as well as singles should be seeded for future tourneys - it's something to learn from.

Looking back I'm not sure how I got 9th at this considering the people there and how I was playing for most of the day. Perhaps the pools/bracket favoured me I dunno, but I feel my placing flattered me. Still, a result is a result I guess.

Now shoutouts:

VA: Your right in your advice - I have the weapons, now I need to start learning from my mistakes and playing smarter. Tbf I feel like my inexperience against the top players is exploited more in spacies matchups (not sure why, maybe the pressure of playing another very technical character?) but that's by the by - I'm determined to start thinking more, playing smarter and stepping it up. Our pool match was **** but I wasn't too fussed - the other 2 matches decided whether I got through or not lol. As for you, I was very impressed once again with your peach against the edwin, prof and fuzz. I have no doubt you'll beat one of them and get a top 2 finish very soon.

Calum: You've got a lot lot better since I last played you. Your comeback in out first match made me VERY nervous lol. Keep it up!

Hugo: How on earth did you not beat me?!? Lol, honestly thinking back I have no idea how I won that match. You stepped it up big time this tourney - I look forward to our next friendlies in Cambridge.

Ben: Talking of stepping it up, I wasn't ready for how much better your doc has gotten. Your right I wasn't playing my best at that point (it was the match after I get a bit better I think) but you ***** me hard. I was disappointed at losing the 2nd game as I'd normally expect to beat your falco but I'm pretty sure you would've just gone back to doc and ***** me again lol. Gratz on proving beyond doubt that you deserved your top seed. Oh, and gratz on beating gantz as well - especially after being so frustrated after the first game.

Sean: Don't listen to anyone who says you didn't deserve your placing. You've definately started to employ your tech skill in matches a lot better since we last played. Our set was really fun and I look forward to playing you again soon.

Fuzz: Gratz on winning....AGAIN lol

Pro: Falcon slayer? :p In all seriousness though you were sexy in real life and in smash. Your falco has gotten a lot better as well I misjudged you hahahaha.

Deathgazer: Sorry about not doing the mm I promised - I was feeling too tired by that point to play anything other than a few friendlies. You falco is so technical, once you learn to apply stuff better you will **** very hard indeed.

Yeniths: Nice to see you again after so long. Nice sheik, but you did miss quite a few easy gimps (then again friendlies are friendlies lol).

Jo3: Teaming with you was really really fun. Your 2v1 vs frost and chrisboi was the highlight of my tourney. I'm well aware of how you were carrying me though and I'm determined to step it up big time before the next tournament we're both at in case you fancy teaming with me again - then we shall really **** :) Also thanks for knocking me out the bracket - I wouldn't have had it any other way :p

EDIT I missed some people

Tamoo: Well you did talk yourself up a lot so you've gotta take what you're getting. Don't be too hard on yourself though - you'll come back from this stronger mentally I'm sure. And gratz on the doubles - shame VA had to leave so you couldn't finish your grand finals.

Dave: Major props for coming out and beating Tamoo in brackets. Looks like we placed the same, just like our joint 5th in PH1 :) Good stuff man!

Cheez: Nice to finally meet you man. Ironic that you placed higher than me in teams lol. I saw you ****** frost and chrisboi with monty - your fox is very nice. I'm surprised you didn't make it outta pools. Keep it up!

VA

Smash Hero
On understanding the game I'm referring to a lot of different things:

-spacing
-stage awareness
-options
-match ups
-percents

a whole range of things that I know the players I'm facing aren't aware of because they don't approach things right. that's my impression at least anyway.

@ j3ly

EDIT: I said most of this to you on facebook chat now, so its pointless leaving it up here.

Really you need to calm down about what people choose to do, how well others do and focus on yourself and doing justice to your own skill level.

Tamoo

Smash Master
hmm, well only the doubles matches are properly cut up and fully ready to go up, was planning to just go ahead and do it in one big batch tomorrow but if u get on ur knees and beg nicely, I can get them matches up tonight :)

The rest of the matches are synched, so the hard part is over, just need to cut them up now

Edit: Actually, **** that, apparantly takes me like 2 hrs to upload one vid where i live, at work it'll take like 1 min each :/

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
hmm, well only the doubles matches are properly cut up and fully ready to go up, was planning to just go ahead and do it in one big batch tomorrow but if u get on ur knees and beg nicely, I can get them matches up tonight :)

The rest of the matches are synched, so the hard part is over, just need to cut them up now

Edit: Actually, **** that, apparantly takes me like 2 hrs to upload one vid where i live, at work it'll take like 1 min each :/
I don't beg but this guy does

loool

But anyway yeah since you said you're gonna upload them at work so that would be ok.

Hopefully it is the singles first lol.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Listen you crack fox, I want you to 4-stock all OOC members until you can't do it anymore, you play too many games! You don't care abt OOC, GIVE THEM SOME TOUGH LOVE... getting 4-stocked and crap...
looool I'M SORRY!!! I DO CARE!!!!!!

Everytime I play serious and **** though, you lot start complaining about it and saying that you (meaning yourselves) are playing bad when really i'm just ****** lol.

So yeah I will go all out all the time from now on, just as long as you lot can take it.
And don't get upset if you dont beat me cos sometimes you lot do and actually forget I am one of the top people in the UK and it's hard to win when I am playing serious lol.

Tamoo

Smash Master
yeah, im gonna upload them in the order they got recorded, so probs put up the grand finals for both events on tuesday???

Unless i can get all the way to cutting the finals tonight somehow, but a guy needs his sleep

J03

Smash Master
so much anger in the last few pages.

AD- chill out its a game

J3ly- campings **** but remember when you first lost to someone more technical then you? bet you didnt think 'hes so gay for being technical', its natural to get pissed by campers esp if your new to it, just take it in your stride bro. use it to learn the balance of offense/defense. def dont get annoyed by it coz then theyve won, thats what they want it to do rofl. >=o now you take tis anger and turn it into determination and come back more **** then ever bro! i wanna see you KICKING *** next time we play!

Tamoo

Smash Master
I did :p

I was like, wtf, i cant shieldgrab if he shines after that dair???
how gay is that

Also, massive props to everyone who commentated, been listening to them whilst editing and its some proper good ****

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
j3ly - Obviously camping is annoying and gay and takes no skill but it is legit in tourney play and if someone wants to do it they can, it's that simple.

Even though all tournaments in kart are non items, freindlies are generally items games for more fun and they have the same principle as camping in smash, people purposely stay in last place so they get the best items then on the last lap they target shock everyone and jump into 1st on the last corner. >__>

Tamoo

Smash Master
I would refute the point that camping takes no skill, putting a distance between you and your opponent in which your opponent has trouble approaching through requires a different kind of skill, one that may not be enjoyable to watch, but nevertheless doesnt 'take no skill'. To camp effectively is to know the options of your opponent and counter each one as best as possible whilst maintaining a distance in which you can keep yourself safe.

I would know, Ive played fuzzy's fox when he's tried to be as gay as possible, hella smart

Also, given up editing for the night, should have enough to keep you guys entertained for a while :)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
i cannot frugzin believe that crabman - hold on, let me say that again

crabman

got our of pools. When people like me, Deathgazer and Kman and Alpha dont get though.

wtf
why wouldn't he get out of pools? He's a very good player and he did very well in pools and most definately deserves to get out of pools. Thats a pretty unkind thing to say to someone who got a place in the bracket which in this tournament is hard to do..

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
so much anger in the last few pages.

AD- chill out its a game
huh? someone explain this to me, I must chill out?

people need to stop switching it to me! Didnt I say I GIVE CREDIT TO BEAST he's one of the people that get a shout out from me.

It shouldn't matter to anyone else if I get mad during a tourney, I didn't intimidate him (or I didn't do it intentionally if he was intimidated) even then I was only mad for like a minute and a half...?

And as for ANGER IN THE LAST FEW PAGES, quote me where I was responsible for that?????

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
why wouldn't he get out of pools? He's a very good player and he did very well in pools and most definately deserves to get out of pools. Thats a pretty unkind thing to say to someone who got a place in the bracket which in this tournament is hard to do..
Who did he play to get through pools?
OH AND I HOPE PEOPLE DON'T SAY THAT ALPHA DASH IS AGAINST CRABMANS WIN !Because I do think he deserved it! seeing as everyone has such a negative view on me and twist everything I say/do.

Its the same way I believe The Lust deserved that win against Kman to get through pools!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I wouldn't worry about t AD. Most people are forgetting that J3ly is posting most of the johns about the beast match. I forgot to say btw that I think you've improved a lot and it's rly awesome to see an ice climbers main :). Get those grab combos down XD

Tamoo- thanks very much for uploading the vids :)

X1-12

Smash Champion
Who did he play to get through pools?
OH AND I HOPE PEOPLE DON'T SAY THAT ALPHA DASH IS AGAINST CRABMANS WIN !Because I do think he deserved it! seeing as everyone has such a negative view on me and twist everything I say/do.

Its the same way I believe The Lust deserved that win against Kman to get through pools!

he had frostbyte, synapse, unreal and me, frostbyte beat him but then crabman beat everyone else, including synapse 2-0

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
Crabman is a fox main, and I'm impressed with how he did, nice work!

The results imo were quite accurate, although with the level of attendence i think a 24 man bracket would have worked really well, maybe next time?

We need more northern attendence lol, can't keep putting northern pride in joes hands all the time.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I think the bracket was perfect, really concise and gave a good idea of perfomance etc.
I agree now even though I didn't before.

It caused loads of upsets in a good way imo.

Cos I know alot of people who had improved still didn't get out of pools and are gonna fight so harda at the next event to not let that happen.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperSmashBrosUK

Ok, first wave of vids are now up, including prof chrisboi, and frostbyte bulletbill,
Expect a few more singles vids just after lunch, and I'll upload the grand finals of doubles just before I go home tonight.
Then the rest tomorrow, enjoy :)
Thanks, i'm subscribed so i'm gonna look at some of them now. :)

L-J

Smash Ace
Vids look and sound great Tamoo. Thanks for putting in the effort to get them up - I know how long it takes after doing it for the last national lol. Looks like we've found a recording setup that gets good sound and picture :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom