• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phantom Hits 2 CONFIRMED December 5th (First post update)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamoo

Smash Master
My ego isn't particularly destroyed, I actually think this was a very successful tourney for me,

not only did me and VA exceed all expectations in doubles, humiliating u and charles :laugh:, but ive found my crew has stepped it up a lot recently, in particularly hugo, got to watch a few of his matches and was suitably impressed, and the fact that cheez beat me in our mm, and knocked out frost and chris in doubles has restored my faith in my crew. And Dave's improvement speaks for itself. I actually have something to improve for now, rather than trying to hype myself up like this before the tournament lol

Hugo: I didnt even get to play joe lol

L-J

Smash Ace
This tourney was really really fun - I'm so glad I came even though it was tough for me to get down in time. I'll do shoutouts and a few thoughts on the tourney itself later - too tired right now :p

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
yo tamoo, you haven't seen me play really seriously in doubles cause it got us 4th top team in a big european tourney and I wasn't even too happy teaming with tonberry in the first place lol

if it was a bit more serious I'd be playing a lot more safe

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
I still want my crew battles. We didnt get to play any. I didn't even get to play Tamoo.
Clockmire: Rematch
Frugs: Rematch
If you guys can try and organise a day when we could make that happen.
I enjoyed playing J03 I'm sure hes gonna get practice against ICs
Deathgazer, you make it sound like I win by luck with ICs, I did switch it up with luigi though. We need to have a proper set, Falco vs Luigi (seeing as you can't win against ICs hahaha)

(more to come soon seeing as my comp is gonna cut out now...)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
My ego isn't particularly destroyed, I actually think this was a very successful tourney for me,

not only did me and VA exceed all expectations in doubles, humiliating u and charles :laugh:, but ive found my crew has stepped it up a lot recently, in particularly hugo, got to watch a few of his matches and was suitably impressed, and the fact that cheez beat me in our mm, and knocked out frost and chris in doubles has restored my faith in my crew. And Dave's improvement speaks for itself. I actually have something to improve for now, rather than trying to hype myself up like this before the tournament lol
loool Awwww Tamoo tryna seem happy and actually trying to glorify a win this tournament against me and charles.
This wasn't the sad and sulking Tamoo we saw hours ago at the venue like a baby lol.
You defintely went silent after you're defeat which was extremely funny to see, you defintely don't play the person you play on smasboards in real life :confused:
Why is that Tamoo?:confused:
Perhaps you're truthfully not feeling the way you present yourself?:confused:
Pretending much?:confused:

Anyway I heard you were a bit upset about your humilation and you were contemplating quitting singles because you were ashamed of your performance.
Manning up in need?

I can't even believe you're tryna talk about me being humuilated.
How do you go from saying you're gonna place atleast 5th to place 13th and not winning and single match in your brackets lol.
You practically humilated yourself lol.
My big massive ego is fully intact.

J03

Smash Master
im confused, who do i know rustedion as again? is it Hugo? are you the asain dude with the glasses =o

always try to find out who hugo is but my memory is awful

and yeah gz pro!! your 2nd BEST BRO!

rustediron

Smash Lord
im confused, who do i know rustedion as again? is it Hugo? are you the asain dude with the glasses =o

always try to find out who hugo is but my memory is awful

and yeah gz pro!! your 2nd BEST BRO!
Hugo ≡ frugs ≡ rustediron ≡ tall asian dude with glasses

Sorry for the excess confusion >.<

j3ly

Smash Champion
Shoutouts: Tourney

Prof - nice man, i didnt play you atall this tourney, but u placed really well so thats good
Fuzzy - yeah, i knew you would win, even when u were loosing. I still think u were not playing any where near as safe as your should have been playing though. And u were being a ***** xD stil well done though
VA - ****ing nice, i had no idea you were that good. keep it up but.. i dont think youll be able to take 1st at any tourney. Though ur peach has personality, only about 5 people manage to put personality into their char so thats awesome.
Edwin - your a ***** beast, nuff said
J03 - your awesome, hanging out with you was a big highlight of the tourney imo
Unreal - same with you man
Warning - gdammit you got lucky, you should have lost to me and you know it, and i should have gotten through pools. Johns aside, you are a good marker of my progress and have a really aggressive falcon
Tw@ - ha, haha.

Shoutouts: MM's

Hugo - ahahahhaa i ***** you this time and ill happily do it again next tourney. you will never beat me anymore
Clockmire - every little helps, atleast sum1 in your crew was able to take a game of me. close but no banana, i will continue to **** all of your crew again next tourney in MM's
Tamoo - what can i say, you and fuzzy play a hard counter to my playstyle xD
3 random Mario guys - haha you guys all had the correct idea of Mario, especially that dude i played in the corner of the room. keep it up, Mario is an awesome character and really fast. He also combos as beastly as falcon
VA - your mario is **** hot, but at the end of the day combos arnt everything. You have that kick-*** consistency with combos and movement that i expect from a top level pro, but frankly u got pwned in edgeguarding, scoring like 2 bair kills off me in the entire set. That and i think i adapted to your extreamly gay mario style (lol), and actually used your own tactics against you. All in all i have a better mario. I am just not as consistent as you with combing yet but please, that will come, ill happily take your money next tourney too. *****
Synapse - most enjoyable MM by far, was too close, ill do it again next tourney but u wont be able to take a game off of me
Yeniths - sorry we never got around to having our MM - the fact is i dont think im willing to MM a shiek. Tourney match ill happily play as gay as i feel, but a MM againt a shiek sounds about as fun as playing a campy peach/puff
Chrisboi - you are a ***** for not accepting my MM. After i beat u 6/7 games u cannot say u were only sandbagging, and then reject a MM. MM me next tourney.
I think there was 1 or 2 more, but save tamoo, thankyou guys for paying for my food on the day of the tourney. Couldent have done it without you xD

Biggest shoutout of all goes to Ben for organizing this tourney - thanks man, it couldent have happened without your effort and i think the only person who could criticize the tourney itself is probably you lol. Shock horror to find out that you are 24 xD

X1-12

Smash Champion
i dunno if this really counts as proper shoutouts but nonetheless

erm

Deathgazer: Seriously, i didn't know what a good falco was like till i played yours, sucks about you getting a killer pool. also thanks for the multishine advice, i can do a double shine pretty much everytime now.

Tamoo: ....

J3ly: I Didn't know Mario could be such ****, those darn B-air wavelands are a *****, gotta get some plumber practice in so i can win that money back next time

Random (asian maybe?) dude, called vince or something? Didn't actually play in the tourney but we did some friendlies?: hey dude

EDIT: Crab.Man: It was awesome teaming with you, your fox is pretty awesome, and well done for making it out of pools man i was pretty suprised i even got one game off of you in the competition.

EDIT: BEN! for holding an awesome tourney (how could I forget! sorry dude)

Tamoo

Smash Master
Ok, synching vids is being a bit more of a ***** than i expected. Im gonna upload quite a few up tomorrow, already got the whole doubles final ready to upload.
Would ppl prefer I uploaded the important matches earlier or later?

Kill The Beast

Smash Cadet
Can we forget about the tamoo thing? Talk about kicking someone when he's down. It was a mistake to do what he did but we've all done it in some way. Charles and europe, me and my return from canada, prof with putting me down etc etc. This community feels nice when it's actually gathered in person, but it's so bad on boards. I wish we'd try be a little more positive about each other.

P.S j3ly I don't really know why you think I can't win, but it shows that you don't really know a lot about me. I'm CONSTANTLY improving and this shows at every ****ing tournament, you'll see a huge improvement next time you see me play, it has ALWAYS been this way and always will be.

Kill The Beast

Smash Cadet
Ok, synching vids is being a bit more of a ***** than i expected. Im gonna upload quite a few up tomorrow, already got the whole doubles final ready to upload.
upload winners semis first, then the rest is less important, those were the best sets.

j3ly

Smash Champion
the fact of the matter VA man, Tamoo hyped it. To another level. Like all people who hype that much and annoy everybody i frugzin know :@ to such a degree frankly needs to be kicked while he is down. He annoyed people big time, and now he need his comeuppance - its insurance shall we say, so he isnt that frugzin annoying next time.

Tamoo - know your place.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Upload the winner semis....winners finals....losers finals....grand finals
Those are the matches people care about.

Do the singles before doubles.
I also wanna see Chrisboi vs Warning lol.

the fact of the matter VA man, Tamoo hyped it. To another level. Like all people who hype that much and annoy everybody i frugzin know :@ to such a degree frankly needs to be kicked while he is down. He annoyed people big time, and now he need his comeuppance - its insurance shall we say, so he isnt that frugzin annoying next time.

Tamoo - know your place.
LOOOOOL I laughed sooo hard at the ending comment.

I agree with J3ly....it wasn't normal trashtalk....it was him doing it to another level LIKE HE ACTUALLY HAD THE SKILL HE WAS TALKING ABOUT lol.

I don't think that we should just be like 'Arghhh tamoo you tried your best' after all that talk.
We should bring up alll his statements about placing 5th....shove it in his face and then expose him lol.

It was hilarious seeing him sulk though when he lost.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Should I just make ridiculous statements about how well i'm gonna place in the next tourney just so that when i don't get it, you guys will have stuff to talk about afterwards?

EDIT: Isn't it nice of Tamoo to still upload the vids even though you're nearly all ripping the **** out of him

j3ly

Smash Champion
i cannot frugzin believe that crabman - hold on, let me say that again

crabman

got our of pools. When people like me, Deathgazer and Kman and Alpha dont get though.

wtf

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
EDIT: Isn't it nice of Tamoo to still upload the vids even though you're nearly all ripping the **** out of him
Just because he is uploading the vidoes doesn't mean we shouldn't say anything.

Over the top confidence and talking **** has repocussions if what you say is not backed up and we aren't all gonna come back to the boards after all his talk like ':)'

So he is feeling it.

j3ly

Smash Champion
also, beast you are by no means a beast

trying (and succeeding) to time out Dash..? you ***** serious man!!? I thought u were an OK new player until i heard that, now i have totally lost all respect for you as a player. Your not nearly good enough to deserve the name beast, dgammit, if i lived anywhere near VA, i'd be alot better than you are now after 2 weeks

learn to play properly, instead of being the only player uncreative enough and lame enough to actually resort to trying to time someone out all 7 minutes ha, i even heard you were scared that dash was going to beat the **** out of you IRL (he was) and couldent gather the balls to do it again next game. haha. gat ***** scrub

X1-12

Smash Champion
i cannot frugzin believe that crabman - hold on, let me say that again

crabman

got our of pools. When people like me, Deathgazer and Kman dont get though.

wtf
woah man I think you're being a bit tight there, maybe the pools were done a bit.. differently, but crabman's fox is good solid stuff, he didn't drop a game to synapse, one of the seeds in his pool, Did play him this tourney? if not then dont put him down for legitimately getting out of pools and if you did play and beat him then its just cause pools were done.. not exactly perfectly.

Bristols_link64

Smash Cadet
Cheers for hosting this Ben Had a lot of fun =P. Try and keep your cool if you host another one though, no reason to put yourself through so much stress lol.

Just want to say thanks to everyone at this event. I know I didn't get chance to play many of you, was tired from little no no sleep the night before then driving down lol. But even though I didn't play that much I got to see alot of amazing games and feel I have learned from the experience.

Only did one Money match and I think that was with J3ly? Mario ditto haha. I'll practice my Mario and give you another game If I decide to go to the next event.

Also congrats to the winners obviously. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys again in the near future.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Despite Alpha Dash being my crew mate he defintely played dumb that match he got timed out and that was hit fault.
He was letting Beast camp him by not approaching him the right way and he paid the price by losing the match.
If you let someone camp you on a stage like Dreamland when he was Ic's and beast was sheik until the timer run then it is sort of his fault.
In the end he knows what he did wrong and he ended up winning the set anyway and is correcting his errors and im gonna help him out alot with it.

I hope Beast didn't stop camping because he didn't want a reaction from Alpha Dash though.
Really you gotta do what you gotta do to win and take advantage of your opponents weakness.

ANYWAY LET'S HAVE A HAPPY TIME AND JUST INSULT TAMOO A TINY BIT MORE AND THEN WATCH THE VIDEOS LOL :)

j3ly

Smash Champion
yeh i played him lol - the fact is plain and simply that he got lucky, shouldlnt have beaten synapse and the above mentioned should have made it. done

j3ly

Smash Champion
prof that is a ****ing disgace, what if i got yout to 10% and remained at 0 myself then just stalled for 7 whole minutes? then did it to you and fuzzy and VA? that would be ***** unacceptable, and i would cost me my place in the hearts of those in the community

timing out isnt a show of skill. its a show of anti-creativity, and a sure marker that that person will never ever have what it takes to beat even me, let along get anywhere in the community/scene

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
You really couldn't do that to ANY of the top players lol.
They would hit you back lol.

He didn't stall though, stalling is banned and is actually at a point where the opponent literally can't get you without sacrificing their life,

He was just camping and was staying up on the platforms and throwing needles.....EASY to get round if you know what you're doing.

It was gay what Beast did but also bad on Dash's behalf to let him do that to him....he finally stepped it up on the last minute of the match and started to come back and they were on the same stock but Beast was staying up in that thing you come down when you die but then it was too late.

So the last minute of the match proved that he could have done it from the beginning.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Hmm was gonna do shoutouts about now but I'll probs wait till tomorrow, synching vids is stressful >.<

I'll happily admit I was wrong about Ben's seeding, I don't think I actually said I should be top seed on the boards (tho i suspect TC may have something to say bout that :laugh:), but I sure was thinking it lol. Ben def proved his worth this tournament, and converted his critics

Also, sorry charles but looking back at the doubles vids, some of your decisions were shocking lol.

And I agree with will, though these tournaments may be stressful to run, they're very fun tournaments to attend. There must be a way to make it work easier :/
Nothing to say myself, the tournament played out as planned. :]

It was too cold.

End of story.
lmao this

also, beast you are by no means a beast

trying (and succeeding) to time out Dash..? you ***** serious man!!? I thought u were an OK new player until i heard that, now i have totally lost all respect for you as a player. Your not nearly good enough to deserve the name beast, dgammit, if i lived anywhere near VA, i'd be alot better than you are now after 2 weeks

learn to play properly, instead of being the only player uncreative enough and lame enough to actually resort to trying to time someone out all 7 minutes ha, i even heard you were scared that dash was going to beat the **** out of you IRL (he was) and couldent gather the balls to do it again next game. haha. gat ***** scrub
nah man, he still won. :/

prof that is a ****ing disgace, what if i got yout to 10% and remained at 0 myself then just stalled for 7 whole minutes? then did it to you and fuzzy and VA? that would be ***** unacceptable, and i would cost me my place in the hearts of those in the community

timing out isnt a show of skill. its a show of anti-creativity, and a sure marker that that person will never ever have what it takes to beat even me, let along get anywhere in the community/scene
it ain't brawl you can't do that on dreamland lol, i know its dumb and gay but still obviously something alpha did made him lose due to timer otherwise beast would do it to everyone and win.

Tamoo

Smash Master
wtf at slating crabman, crabman is legit, and fully fully deserved his place in brackets.

Also, I don't see the problem in timing out matches if it was avoidable, agree with prof, i lold when i heard there was a timeout, sad to hear AD reacted like he did

j3ly

Smash Champion
its fkin wrong. it is a viable" strategy for winning, but by far the worst, and the one that shows the least possible amout of skill in a game. As VA's - no less then VAs (!!) padowan, you should be toaly ashamed of yourself that you had to resort to that kinda of play to win. If you were skillful enough to take out Alpha on his own terms, the stroy would have been different. Dash is new, he never encountered a timeouter before. Its taking advantage of his lack of XP - which cannot be helped, as opposed to using skill to select and find out his opps weaknesses

X1-12

Smash Champion
its fkin wrong. it is a viable" strategy for winning, but by far the worst, and the one that shows the least possible amout of skill in a game. As VA's - no less then VAs (!!) padowan, you should be toaly ashamed of yourself that you had to resort to that kinda of play to win. If you were skillful enough to take out Alpha on his own terms, the stroy would have been different. Dash is new, he never encountered a timeouter before. Its taking advantage of his lack of XP- which cannot be helped, as opposed to using skill to select and find out his opps weaknesses

Surely beating anyone who's new is taking advantage of thier lack of XP?

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
wtf at slating crabman, crabman is legit, and fully fully deserved his place in brackets.

Also, I don't see the problem in timing out matches if it was avoidable, agree with prof, i lold when i heard there was a timeout, sad to hear AD reacted like he did
My reaction shouldn't affect others, If you wanna get gay about it then its my opponents fault for being mindgamesed by my temper, that should be legit if timing someone out is. I do give beast credit for doing it, its a shame it was on me... I have nothing against him. AGAIN I did win the set. I'll give beast a money match next time that way it will be based on skill instead of desire to make it through pools.

Prof, shaddap man I know I shouldn't have let it happen 2 things, I've never been campped that hard 2 I felt like I was under so much pressure. Oh well that will all be fixed under a course of training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom