• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

King~

Smash Champion
Welcome back, Kyoshi. :) Don't hate me! Why do I feel like I'm one of the people you hate? XD

Also, not that anyone cares, but I'm quitting Brawl for a while. I've tried really hard to improve, but I'm still pretty crap at this game, and it's just not fun anymore.

I guess "crap" is an exaggeration, but I just feel like the effort I put into the game isn't creating the results it should. It's really frustrating, and it's to the point where I don't even enjoy playing anymore. Every time I do play, it's like watching all my hours of practice and all my ridiculous knowledge of the game amount to pretty much.... nothing.

I'll still be a part of the community, and I'm sure I'll play every once in a while.... but not competitively. Not for a while at least (although I still have HSI, but it's mostly just an excuse to go to Hawaii, lol).
not back, ally was just nice enough to buy us 24 hours of internet 8D

and yes quite possibly people i ahte are people who werent at genesis bbut mentioned intrest in coming so......(thinks).........(thinks harder)......maybe......sorta..........

well this jus gives u more time to perform womenly duties.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Welcome back, Kyoshi. :) Don't hate me! Why do I feel like I'm one of the people you hate? XD

Also, not that anyone cares, but I'm quitting Brawl for a while. I've tried really hard to improve, but I'm still pretty crap at this game, and it's just not fun anymore.

I guess "crap" is an exaggeration, but I just feel like the effort I put into the game isn't creating the results it should. It's really frustrating, and it's to the point where I don't even enjoy playing anymore. Every time I do play, it's like watching all my hours of practice and all my ridiculous knowledge of the game amount to pretty much.... nothing.

I'll still be a part of the community, and I'm sure I'll play every once in a while.... but not competitively. Not for a while at least (although I still have HSI, but it's mostly just an excuse to go to Hawaii, lol).
Psh, what a quitter. Who quits brawl? Quitters thats who.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh.
My.
GOD.

THANK YOU!!! That looks awesome. Ussi, I want this to be my picture, please!!

Zajice, you've earned my eternal <333. And yeah, I'm glad you didn't put the female Pika indent in the tail.... I've always hated that stupid "heart-shaped" tail, lol.
:D

Glad people like my mediocre artings. I can draw better than most people, but I could be a lot better. You were probably a more awesome artist than I am. :p

I know how you feel. It's kind of the same way with me. I only play at the rare tourney/smashfest now (we don't seem to have many of either around here). If it's not an in-person brawl with a human, I don't want to play Brawl at all. I haven't really quit Brawl, but I have cut back on it compared to how much I used to play it.

Somewhat related:
This weekend, my brother got Brawl for his birthday and I'm being forced to help him unlock all those dang blue boxes. I've been bored out of my mind. I'm fighting cpus, using items, doing target tests, and all that jazz. It's almost painful doing it all. Brawl just isn't fun unless I'm playing other people competitively (and occasionally owning my n00b friends while trying to teach them basic things like DI).

Btw, I was playing classic on intense cause my brother couldn't beat it. A bomb-omb appeared right in front of me while I was QACing in the free for all with items on right before the Master Hand fight. It wasn't fun. I almost finished with no continues... :(

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Yeah, playing without a human opponent isn't very fun. (On a related note, Wifi sucks, but its better than nothing.) Thankfully, my brother is pretty good at this game (at least, good enough to challenge me.) The cycle goes...

He picks up a new character -> I own him -> He reads the character guide for that character -> He beats me plenty of times -> I gradually learn the matchup -> I start beating him -> repeat.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I wanted to quit too, but I'm not a quitter. :x

I just decided to do Super-Ultra-Bunny-Training and get better. I think you should too. If you feel like you've reached a limit in this game or whatever, that's not true. There's no such thing as it. Every month or so, I look back and see how bad I was at the game lol. Just practice more.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Everyone should do Super-Ultra-Bunny-Training. You should listen to Bunny, Kaylo. Don't give up and practice more! After you have your little brawl break, you should drop that garbage character Zelda and concentrate only on Pika. She's slowing you down! :bee:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Zajice, your drawings may not be the best, but they are **** GOOD gosh i wish i could draw that good. I would then draw everyone not find pics.

@Quitting cause your not doign as good as your input

Blame having a life for losing. Just say "I have more of a life than you, that's why i lost"

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I got bored and read this for the last couple of pages. What kind of "facts" do you want me to post?

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Just post random facts about yourself, like what Xiivii, Bunny, and Kaylo did. Check the op for their post. Pictures would be nice too.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Jesus that is a lot...

ESAM recently left the pikachu boards
ESAM likes chocolate milk
ESAM has a half brazilian half italian girlfriend
ESAM has been going out with my girlfriend for almost 8 months <3
ESAM doesn't like stupid people
ESAM rarely watches TV
ESAM only uses TV to mask the noises when me and my girlfriend are in my room
ESAM swam competitively early this school year
ESAM quit the swim team because the coach was a complete ***** (girl coach)
ESAM thinks that it is weird that ESAM is talking in 3rd person
ESAM has a 4 loss streak on AiB
ESAM was once 13th on the AiB ladder
ESAM got 2nd at an online bowser tournament yesterday, without playing bowser more than 5 times
ESAM wants his girlfriend to be back from las vegas
ESAM misses his girlfriend
ESAM hates K-9
ESAM is gonna unsubscribe to this thread once i post this because I still left the pikachu boards
ESAM was accused by KayLo! of starting trouble in the xat on sunday, but did no such thing
ESAM is taking care of my girlfriend's fish while she is at vegas
ESAM cleaned the fish bowl yesterday...it smelled
ESAM is packing 7 3/4 inches (don't know why i decided to add that, but i'm unsubscribing so i don't really care)
ESAM is bored...
ESAM doesn't really play many videogames besides super smash bros brawl
ESAM is done

gallax

Smash Hero
@kaylo- it sounds to me like you just dont know what to work on to improve. things like predicting shields then grabbing or(what i just found out like within the last two days) predicting where the opponent is going to land and getting a free grab/attack in(and forcing the opponent to land in a certain area) or just learning what you are doing wrong. just some examples. i found that once i stopped watching my character play and then focused on the opponent and tried reading what he was going to do my game got way better. not just throwing moves out there for flare or to just use them, but actually using moves that force an opponent into a situation where i know what to do. catch my drift?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I wanted to quit too, but I'm not a quitter. :x

I just decided to do Super-Ultra-Bunny-Training and get better. I think you should too. If you feel like you've reached a limit in this game or whatever, that's not true. There's no such thing as it. Every month or so, I look back and see how bad I was at the game lol. Just practice more.
yay Super-Ultra-Bunny-Training!

:3

bigman40

Smash Master

1. You said that you normally didn't have the time to practice.
2. Practicing can helps or hurt depending on how you practice.
3. We have no recent videos to help you out. This keeps us out of the loop on your skill.
4. I'm fairly positive that people care. Saying that someone doesn't care is pretty emo-ish.
5. When I come to a tourney near our place, we will play and I'll help you out.

I play Yoshi, and I don't really get any kind of help these days when I wanna get better. Everything depends on myself to find my problems. Don't stop playing from the frustration; sit down and think what you can do to improve. You have textures, so you should have infinite replay, that means that you can look at the problems you do yourself. As you said that you want to help Pikas improve, we want to help you too. :)

Ephyon

Smash Champion
anagrams into &quot;no hype&quot;, &quot;he pony&q

waaaaat? I DO care.
WAAAAAAAT? that's the first reason you should play brawl.
I'm still waiting to play with you sometimes again, young lady. >( you better be ready.
and there's people in a worse situation than yours. *points at himself*

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Everybody's Super-Bunny-Trainiiing~!
Gotta keep your feet right on the grouuund~!

AfroPingas

Smash Cadet
I don't have anyone to play offline o.o
EDIT: I wanna see my new sig D:<
AAARRGHHH come on
D':

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Your post has to be longer than your sig URL for your sig to show. Or you can just quote someone.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
He's in the chat. Right now.

(Wow, I have alllll the answers)

AfroPingas

Smash Cadet
LONGER THAN THE URL????
That's just never gonna happen.

SO cute .__.
Smash Child yayhuzz :]

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
It takes way too long to multiquote, so I'm just going to respond to everyone at once:

For one, thanks for all the support. :) Bigman, I wasn't trying to be emo.... I just feel like people abuse the whole "I'm going to make a huge post about why I'm quitting Brawl and why EVERYONE SHOULD CARE" thing on SWF, and I didn't want it to come off like that. Smash is fun, and I (used to) enjoy playing it, but it's not top priority in my life.... even if I do never play it again, which is very unlikely, I wouldn't cry over it or anything. I just wanted to let you guys know since I consider the Pikas an online family of sorts. An online family full of.... Pikachus, lol.

That being said, to everyone saying I'm a quitter and that I should just practice more..... I honestly don't have time to. I have an extremely busy life outside of Smash (half the time I'm on here, I'm on my PSP or at volunteering/work/my internship), so practicing more isn't really an option, time-wise. Also, like I said, Brawl isn't super important to me.... if I have to spend hours in training mode or tons of time perfecting my technique, it's just not worth the effort to me. During my free time, sure, whatever, but since that's what I've been doing and it's not producing enough results, I'm not really motivated to shift my higher priorities around to accomodate a video game.

Not hating on people who take Brawl more seriously than I do.... that's your prerogative, and we all have different circumstances. I just have a lot of things that I place over Smash.

@Bigman: The people I regularly play have been in a doubles mood lately, so I haven't played serious singles matches in almost two weeks. That's why I have no recent vids. :ohwell: I should have taken my SD card with me last night, though.... I had a pretty good match vs. a TL player who lives near us, and I played Rush to get some Diddy practice.

We (Rush & I) only had two matches, iirc, and he beat me both times (a 1-stock and a 2-stock, but the 1-stock doesn't really count because I accidentally footstool spiked him his first stock, lol).... but he gave me some good advice about the World's Most Bull**** Matchup Ever. I HATE THAT MONKEY. :mad:

@Prime: I love playing Zelda. I'm well aware that she sucks, and I get frustrated with her crappiness a lot, but I also love the challenge of trying to beat higher-tiered characters with her. She forces me to play smarter because I won't be able to win without outplaying my opponent. In the right hands, she can do really well (see: Darkmusician and GodAtHand).... she'll never win me any tournaments, but she's a solid character for low tier tournaments (there's one in NJ soon!), and I don't feel that she's holding my Pika back in any way. If anything, she gives me a much-needed break when I'm tired of playing Pikachu.

@Gallax: I've already thought of all those things, but thanks for the suggestions, hehe.

Lol. That's all I have to say about 50% of that list.

Does anyone know what happened to DLW? He has been gone for a long time. :/
He lost his internet for a while, but if Bunny's right, I guess he's gotten it back. I think in his last text to me, he did say he was getting it back Thursday, which would be today. (hmm)

IxxI

Smash Fence
To train, just read up on match-ups and apply them, stop playing repetitive and mix up between approaching and camping, that's what I do.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Ah Kaylo I understand. I'm glad that you will still be posting around :heart:
I've picked up Melee again and am dealing with quite a bit of frustration there....my brawl and melee suck but I'm quite happy to spend my time on improving.
You seem to have quite a busy life as it is...a game is not as important
speaking of fustrating things: my jigglypuff sucks. I keep spaming forward air why do I always pick hard characters to use!!

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I just played Melee for the first time since brawl came out yesterday. It felt so weird without the buffering system. I kept air dodging and sding alot.:laugh:

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
I just played Melee for the first time since brawl came out yesterday. It felt so weird without the buffering system. I kept air dodging and sding alot.:laugh:
I found myself doing that the other day, then hating myself for it because it hasn't been THAT long since I played Melee. Then again I never really played it competitively...also god its hard to short hop with pikachu consistently.
I feel OOOLDDD
wiscus got the game during it's first year in production. oh god Iim old

For you other OOOLDDD and not so OOOLDDD people I found this the other day and it amuses me. It's sorta pikachu related..

http://www.donkdj.com/remix/30928

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
I'm not as old as I make myself seem :)

I'm 20 I'll be 21 in November. Once when I went through the user blogs section there was an "am I too old for smash or whatever topic...in it almost all the yougins seem to agree that anyone over 18 = too old.
Since then coming here I feel kinda old even though I'm not.

Long post go!

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
You haven't played a competitive card game. Where 13 year olds are just as common as 40 year olds. I feel both competitive video games and card games have the same average age of around 17-19 though. :/

AfroTwist ShadowPie

Smash Journeyman
You haven't played a competitive card game. Where 13 year olds are just as common as 40 year olds. I feel both competitive video games and card games have the same average age of around 17-19 though. :/

I'm 15 and it feels like I'm a kid compared to all the other competitive players xD

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Man... I haven't played a competitive CCG in FOREVER. I still **** with Magic and I was into YGO SOOO ****ing hardcore. I actually crushed everyone in the area into quitting. lol In the end it was too expensive to keep up with just to play peeps online.

Top Bottom