• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Sup guise!!!
Genesis was amazing. Melee finals has to be the craziest thing I have ever seen in my entire life!! No, I'm not kidding a video game match is the most amazing thing I have ever seen.
Weird tiebreakers ****ed me up in an already strong and even pool and kept me out of the bracket (f0cus, bladewise and weroup moved out of my pool) Oh well, no johns, whatever, life goes on. Outside of the actual gameplay Genesis was also a lot of fun, I got to chill with/talk to/blaze with and play against all my favorite OOTowners and met a bunch of new ones as well as some of you Pikas.

Oh and I'm pretty sure that Z can take out Anther. I'm also sure he's also cooler, nicer and better looking (I'm still better looking than Z) than Anther as well.

So what's up w/ the KLo! facts???

EDIT: can I do automatic facts???

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
So what's up w/ the KLo! facts???
We're going in a specific order. I think you're close to the end, actually. =X

Glad you had fun at Genesis!

Bigman, you are the best thing since chocolate milk. THANK YOU!!! <333

EDIT: Changed my third pic in my fact post to a Glaceon.... didn't like the other one. Made me look weird.... ><

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
so yeah um im not reading all the pages...... i had a **** ton of fun at genesis though :D z is truly amazing, he could possibly be the best pika in the country, unless anther steps it back up ;x

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well guys I've been looking around for pika pics for people. And this is what I've collected so far: [Anyone can claim any of the following unless they have a "(name)" following cause they have first dibs]

If you want in you gotta let me know.. I'll say anyone part of the Pikachu community can get in. If you have your own Pika pic you found, do give me it. I'm tired for the night, spent like 3 hours looking for pics XD
M I POPULR ENUF 4 DIS?

Probably not. Buuuuuuut, if so...

Here's what I want for my chu, cause I dual main Snake/Pikachu. I doodled it up myself the other day (which is why it sux). Took me a grand total of 10-15 minutes. And yeah, it's pretty small. I dunno why I made it small. I just did. :dizzy:

Ussi said:
Yellow Sonic with Pikachu ears and tail
I immediately thought of Sonichu. O lawd...

Stealth Raptor said:
z is truly amazing, he could possibly be the best pika in the country, unless anther steps it back up ;x
Dems fightin' werdz. Anther's gonna have to kick some ***.

And who the crap is Z?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Zajice, I need the background removed, so maybe you can do that? Cause the openings will take the color put of the pikachu as well.

Stealth, I'm photoshopping pikachu pictures together for a pikachu community pika pic, find one to represent you.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
M I POPULR ENUF 4 DIS?

Probably not. Buuuuuuut, if so...

Here's what I want for my chu, cause I dual main Snake/Pikachu. I doodled it up myself the other day (which is why it sux). Took me a grand total of 10-15 minutes. And yeah, it's pretty small. I dunno why I made it small. I just did. :dizzy:

I think it looks really nice.

Anther is still the best Pika!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I really like that. Can you do one for me? =X

I dun like my Larxenechu......

I think order of pikas goes. Anther-->Esam--->Z for best.
Anther > Z > PikaPika! > ESAM if anything. Get that FL bias out of here.

Unless ESAM just happens to play worse than he usually does in all of his vids, I still think PikaPika! is a little better from what I've seen. Just my opinion.

Just so you know.
Lol. Nice.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Serious Florida bias, lol. Anther's still the best. I don't know what picture I can use for that group picture. :x

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Z owned Atomsk in tourney lol. He took 17th at genesis which I may same is an extremely good placing for such a hyped tournament.
We know. Anther's also placed better at tournaments with equally good competition (as far as who he had to beat to get there).

Z is obviously up there, though. He's clearly really, really talented, and I'm happy that another Pika is doing so well. More Pikas out there reppin and kicking *** = always good news.

Are there any vids of Z? I must see his Pika!
I want vids too. I'm excited to see how good this dude is.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I know what Anther is talking about. Get with the program Primesy. :mad:

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374

CO18

Smash Hero
I really like that. Can you do one for me? =X

I dun like my Larxenechu......

Anther > Z > PikaPika! > ESAM if anything. Get that FL bias out of here.

Unless ESAM just happens to play worse than he usually does in all of his vids, I still think PikaPika! is a little better from what I've seen. Just my opinion.

Lol. Nice.
OK you tell me when any of the other pikas win tourneys over Seibrik, Afro etc. None of the other pikas have such accomplishments.

In fact Seibrik 2-0ed anther at apex in a MM. Though I know anther is still better. Esam is def 2nd best pikachu results wise. Whether you guys know or not im not sure but its true.

Z is def 3rd best though from what Ive seen. Plus hes mad cool.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039

So. Pikas. How do you improve? I really want to get better. >_>

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
My thoughts exactly. I'm not even gonna bother.

So. Pikas. How do you improve? I really want to get better. >_>
Play in offline tournaments.

Practice specific techniques (QAC, edgeguarding moves, etc.) in Training Mode over and over until you can do them perfectly.

Play CPUs and make it your goal to connect with every hit, evade every attack, or whatever you want to practice. Also helps for learning to CG and DI/momentum cancel properly, although I usually have to put on infinite time..... it's hard not to 3-stock a computer. x.x

QAC over. And over. And over.

Just play as many people as possible.

I dunno. Different techniques work for different people, but the only real way to get better is to play lots of people who play lots of different characters. Preferably offline, preferably people better than you.

Also, post vids so we can critique. (I should be getting some tomorrow, I hope.... ><)

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I meant in general. Not just with Pika, lol. =P

I guess I just need to play better people. =w= Every time I get a little better I hit these roadblocks and it's really annoying. Also, wifi does help. :x But that's another subject.

bigman40

Smash Master
Play other people to enhance your knowledge on your MU skills.
Use training mode to break habits.
Use training mode to implement new things.
Use training mode to reinforce the thing you're implementing.
Use wifi sparingly (I hate it, but I use it sometimes)
Get videos of yourself and point out predictable patterns, bad decisions, or of the sort.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I also need to learn how to take losses better. >_> That's something that I've always been worried about with myself. I'm a really bad loser in Smash.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
ESAM has quit high voltage, and i have made gallax mod
Hooray for Gallax!

I'm a bad loser on wifi. Maybe it's because I have a bad connection, but half the time (not all the time.... there're definitely a ton of people who're just better than me) I feel like the loss is because of lag, and that pisses me off.

Offline, I don't really mind getting beaten. Except by TUSM's lucky-*** random stupid ****ing Gordos that come out 50 times per match. :mad:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Grats to Gallax

~~~

People have different ways of getting better... here is what works for me:

Try to play different characters regularity. Hold mini smash fests with your friends (I've seen that with KLo and the other philly smashers that I used to join in with)

When trying to get better, try new things. Approach with stupid moves (I sometimes approach tall/medium characters with Ike's uair nowadays)

Watch videos, preferably combo videos (there are 7-8 good ones for Ike, luckily for me, but none for Pikachu :()

Know how your character works, such as hitbox size and speed and when to AC outside of SH

Know stage quirks

Day dream about brawl matches

Play to have fun. Playing to win always kills my spirit.

AfroPingas

Smash Cadet
I don't have any friends so I only play online (lolololol)
The good thing about it is when I finally play someone offline I get insane tech skill and DI
Reflexes yeahuzz

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Lol, I have a bad habit of not caring. I need to stop forfeiting and screwing around when I play in tourney.

Also, I need to utilize my counter-pick characters and stages better. Most of the time, I just counter-pick to neutrals and use the same character. Kinda of a waste when I've been practicing a ton of different characters on a ton of different stages.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I think we ought to make a pikachu tier list, so we can get our pika's officially ranked...

Currently accepted data:

Better than MK:
Anther

Worse than MK:
everyone else...

Top Bottom