• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
**** yes. My man.

Don't know if Blue Barracudas would jump up a notch in vote today - blue being kind of my thing and all - but back in the day? Silver Snakes, then Red Jaguars, then Purple Parrots, and the rest of the field got no love.

Partially related trivia: Best friend and his then-girlfriend dressed up for halloween as the Silver Snakes two years ago. They're married now.

Double post because it still blows my mind how kids couldn't pass the ****ing Shrine of the Silver Monkey.
It's the same puzzle every goddamn time.
AND IT'S ONLY THREE PIECES.
In all fairness the kids were under a lot of acute stress due to the time restraints and the pressure of national television, not to mention the price of failure (which is less success but still), and the fact that they've blitzed through an obstacle course in the last real-time hour or so. Plus, we all know there's some extra baggage associated with being 11-14 already. So not entirely their faults.

On the other hand, come on, seriously, three-piece puzzle.

You think anyone ever asked the Temple Guards for help?
"Hey, homie, you done grabbing my medal? Good, could you hold this for me a sec? Yeah. 'preciate it."

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I don't usually read Reddit.

But when I do, it's because ~auto posts a link.

Anyway. Since I got on a silver monkey kick earlier, might as well share this other tidbit.

“I remember being really tiny and the actual stick - the pole on the head of the monkey that you had to stick through to hit the button - was super long. And you had all these tiny kids who would try to grab the head of the monkey and the pole would be too long when you were grabbing it from the top.”

- Legends of the Hidden Temple winner Anthony explaining why the Silver Monkey was so difficult
In all fairness that's pretty obvious if you look at the thing, so not really helping their case, but there you go.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Never had any myself. By the looks of the price tag nowadays won't be getting any anytime soon, either.

Unless...

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
There's a ton of bidding sites nowadays where you get expensive stuff like macs and etc for cheap at the start. I saw one in a news report on tv. Then there's sweepstakes and contests where you may win them. And there's coupons and etc. as well. It's just that most people don't depend on them for numerous reasons.

I won a wii in a contest by being the 10th caller while watching george lopez every day, lol.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I was gonna say mad science up a pair but your idea works too.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu**

****ity********************
You are the father.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
The one time I lurk the Pika boards I find 90's Nickelodeon talk.

Score.
Need to lurk more often, man.

That said I sense a change of subject in the air...

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu**

****ity********************
...aaaaaaand here it is.

Going through that Reddit thread I found this jewel. ****'s hilarious.
The douche is strong with this one.

Interesting read.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Really Prime? You're going to infract me for censor dodging by CENSORING half the word AND adding extra letters in the middle!?
Those two letters didn't really consist of half of the word, though. At least, not the word you wrote.

Leaf Storm

Smash Rookie
Who's...what. xD

Hah, thanks! I feel right at home already. <3

Not to sound nooby, but...in this thread do we just talk like anything goes or just talk about why PIKACHU IS EPIC? (in which it is. xD)

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Pikachu is pretty epic, but you can also feel free to talk about how fabulous I am

Besides that anything goes really, social thread etc.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Who's...what. xD

Hah, thanks! I feel right at home already. <3

Not to sound nooby, but...in this thread do we just talk like anything goes or just talk about why PIKACHU IS EPIC? (in which it is. xD)
We socialize about any topic appropriate for children, except sometimes not. In fact this thread is so popular you'll find many non-pikas in this thread.

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
We socialize about any topic appropriate for children, except sometimes not. In fact this thread is so popular you'll find many non-pikas in this thread.
I use pika! I'm just so bad I call it my "Freekachu"

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
If I had a pregnant girlfriend I'd have a lot to wonder about

Top Bottom