• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Ohhhh yeah....I got court on Wednesday! I got 7:30-10:30 covered...hmm....I GUESS I could finally cash in with some unscheduled hours...*sigh* This **** has to be set in stone before I consider it, so everyone say if they're for sure going or not because I'm for sure going if you're for sure going.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
i can't do anything this weekend.
and this wednsday for smash at springfield =\? I have school thursday, i can't skip out.

Dart!

Smash Master
I swear to god, i don't care if people say they go and john out...but if they say they go and john out the day before going...i'm going to get :mad:

in much better news it's not looking too bad. if shonic ends up being the only one willing to go then gas will be about 60 dollars total. doable i guess :(

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Shonic isn't going Dart, hes coming to my house.

Might as well give up and just come here =D

Dart!

Smash Master
i guess i'll go to the vro zone. where better people will be, especially those that don't **** someone over who had a good idea without inconveniencing others.

selfishness isn't cool.

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
So about this thing tomorrow at my place in Springpatch... :p Is this doable? It can be Thursday or Friday for all I care. I already bought a bunch of soda and stuff so whenever you guys want to come it's OK with me :)

Tomacawk

Smash Master
master ppv I don't know who you are but my # is 370 6174
you should know the area code
text me tomorrow, I have class from 1pm-9:20pm though, and class tomorrow morning, so I won't stay too long but I'd love to meet a new local smasher
also I don't know Springfield too well so I may not be able to find your place (I live 40 minutes out of Sfield)

also
I'm more than tech savvy =)
I'm pretty sure I'm the most technical player in the midwest at this point. Perhaps voorhese has me beat.
but it is hard to classify because I can't do things like platform cancels as well as others, but any *practical* tech skill I can do...like literally, everything
not to mention I can do almost everything that is flashy, anyway
/egostroke

tdk_Samurai

Smash Ace
mater, if you want, you can call me at 836 4955, idk if I can do anything tomorrow, but sometime this week, and I can get another friend to come as well

wait, do you actually live in the cabbage patch or something, or are you saying springpatch as a general refernce to springield

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Its not selfishness Dart. I am going to college in a week, and I am hosting one last smashfest. There is nothing selfish about that.

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
master ppv I don't know who you are but my # is 370 6174
you should know the area code
text me tomorrow, I have class from 1pm-9:20pm though, and class tomorrow morning, so I won't stay too long but I'd love to meet a new local smasher
also I don't know Springfield too well so I may not be able to find your place (I live 40 minutes out of Sfield)

also
I'm pretty sure I'm the most technical player in the midwest at this point. Perhaps voorhese has me beat.
but it is hard to classify because I can't do things like platform cancels as well as others, but any *practical* tech skill I can do...like literally, everything
/egostroke
Well, if you want to come tomorrow of Friday it's fine with me. Let me know :)

SHOUTOUT: Dart, Black Panther, GooeyBanana - It was awesome meeting you guys. Hope I can see guys more often. Thanks for the help, too. I'll work on my game. Hopefully I can get Ripple to help me out now and then :)

darkatma

Smash Hero
also
/egostroke
eh tech skill is hard to measure. there's also no such thing as practical tech skill, because the only practical things are the basics, and everything more flashy is pretty much useless in high level play :p

ps tomacawk are you moving nearer to stl?
if so i'd like to play you more often, it's always good to play other decent peeps :p

Tomacawk

Smash Master
eh tech skill is hard to measure. there's also no such thing as practical tech skill, because the only practical things are the basics, and everything more flashy is pretty much useless in high level play :p

ps tomacawk are you moving nearer to stl?
if so i'd like to play you more often, it's always good to play other decent peeps :p
it is indeed a hard title to claim due to the ambiguousness of "technical"
I disagree about the no practical techskill aspect...just today I had 3 waveshines oos, 2 of which resulted in kills, and I had 5-7 multishines on a shield at the ledge which didn't end in a kill right away but put my team in a solid position which led to a ledge guard

and yeah I'm gunna be living in Edwardsville as of this fall
i look forward to playing in a new crew!

Tomacawk

Smash Master
yeah being able to shine oos and made me realize how ****ing broken it is...I have been getting pissed at falcos doing it to me but now that I can do it with fox I think the reward is far higher...free grab/usmash/tech chase opportunity, not to mention regaining control, momentum, and I think surprising your opponent (how many times have you been waveshined oos?)

yeah 30minutes to STL is going to be closer than I currently am from Springfield T_T

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Josh, when are you going to Chicago?

@Luke - I can't recall ever being waveshine oos. We need to play again.

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
yeah being able to shine oos and made me realize how ****ing broken it is...I have been getting pissed at falcos doing it to me but now that I can do it with fox I think the reward is far higher...free grab/usmash/tech chase opportunity, not to mention regaining control, momentum, and I think surprising your opponent (how many times have you been waveshined oos?)

yeah 30minutes to STL is going to be closer than I currently am from Springfield T_T
Hey, so you said you'd like to come but couldn't yesterday. Do you want to do it today / tomorrow / weekend?

CryBay-B

Smash Rookie
Remember not to forget about meeeeeee! ;.;

sakurai cant save you now 3! in chicago! saturday august 21! are you guys gonna go?

CryBay-B

Smash Rookie
been playin captain falcon alot, i like him more than link, mainly for the fact that i can now do combos

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Pretty sure everyone's gonna try to go to this. I'm gonna try, but its very situational for me T_T

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
So yeah, today is when I start my ibuprofen binge, and not play smash bros for like 2 weeks. Apparently that's what the doctor wants me to do but she said I probably shouldn't play anymore especially since school is comin up. I might actually do what she says if this doesn't work, I'm just sick of tryin now SCSYN might be my last tourney, and I would be serious about it, unlike Ripple lol.

Wish me luck.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I'd honestly try Alleve if she suggested it, I mean it's not an EXACT replica of Ibuprofen so it may have some effects that Ibuprofen doesn't have.

And nobody should be playing Captain Falcon. Just pick up a spacy and you're instantly good with Falcon but you actually play a good character >_>.....I wish I could be joking but it's pretty serious. Falcon takes A LOT of practice because you have to devote time to all of the matchups because he's not outstanding in any of them, even lower tier matchups for that matter >_<

Dart!

Smash Master
anthony we are leaving hella early on saturday. i thought you told me you couldn't do anything this weekend when i asked if you wanted to go to FAP...crybaby don't play falcon. play link, don't cop out :(

luke teaming is ****ing awesome :D i'm excited for the vro zone.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
LOL who cares about waveshine out of shield

I'd be more impressed if you could DI every hit. Watch Mango, he always angles his shield towards you. Real tech skill is not about doing one cool thing once or twice a match, it's doing the little things all the time.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
PC Chris is going to this Vro Zone, so i can't not go now =D
I really shouldn't be going since i have like two 5-page papers to write, a take home test to do, a test i need to study for, and a presentation all due pretty much on tuesday >_<. But i really want to go bad, so i say procrastination ftw.

EDIT: btw, what time exactly? and Adam wants to go and KNOWS we're going to spend the night. lol

Dart!

Smash Master
Exactly? prolly 7 or 8ish, 8:30 latest. luke's staying at my place friday night. you and i are teaming if you go, if not luke and i will clean up doubles just in case ;)

Top Bottom