• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

Dart!

Smash Master
Wow this thread went nowhere since anthony and i left. depressing. Good **** resting everybody in teams anthony. i was literally the only guy there not to be rested at all in tourney.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Good stuff at Vro zone Dart and Anthony.

I very much enjoyed all of our matches, you guys are great practice and cool competitors.

Dart!

Smash Master
PEEF don't worry about the entry fee, i ended up getting it back anyway ;)...btw i don't remember if anthony posted it but Tink coined our team name "AnDarte" XD

and GG's your grabs are hella good when you relax and get confidence in yourself to follow through :)

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
/facepalm....

Comments like that aren't needed especially if you can't beat the said person you're speaking of >_> Rashad is plenty good spacies practice, and of course Anthony's Falco is too. Josh just sandbags.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
^ seriously. Vro has as much knowledge as tink or kels, he just doesn't have the fingers or nerves to prove it consistently. I think his falco is his best character.

..........not to mention falco ***** marf

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Sveet, wouldn't that be kinda the opposite of the point he was trying to make? He said fingers are less important than knowledge and you're saying for Vro, his knowledge > his fingers but if his fingers were better he'd be better? Kinda confused here but I may be reading too much into it >_>

Oro?!

Smash Hero
If he was consistent with his fingers, he would beat Kels/Tink, he can do ****, it's all just consistency. He doesn't rely on tech, that's all I was saying.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Josh does this thing where he gets a little praise, or beats a few people and he's the cream of the crop so he's never outplayed by anyone, he just wasn't playin his best or "forgot" how to play against certain characters. It's a problem I hope to correct soon.

Wish I coulda gone, but I had wayyyyy more fun playin in the rain at sixflags lol. Messin around with women at a big amusement park is a lot more enjoyable than hangin around a bunch of dudes starin at a tv. No offense to my smasher friends lol <3.

But on topic. Great job you two. I guess someone has to rep PTown when the rest of the crew has responsibilities =P.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Hey guys.

I JV 3 stocked Kels' sheik...but Vro's sheik beat me 4/5.

poopie.

Never losing to sheiks once I get a little better. I can just feel that is going to be my specialty matchup.

Dart!

Smash Master
i asked for details, not johns lol :p

if he went sheik first round and lost, then you definitely got outplayed by his falco.
oh well...game 2 he went falco on Rainbow and i stayed marth...bad idea :psycho:

game 3 i went...fountain and got two stocked. i got grabbed a ridiculous amount in my shield...-_-

i didn't get mad either, i could legitimately say i was nervous...but i still lost. tink vro and i talked about it at vros so say what you will.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Hey guys.

I JV 3 stocked Kels' sheik...but Vro's sheik beat me 4/5.

poopie.

Never losing to sheiks once I get a little better. I can just feel that is going to be my specialty matchup.
lol ICs 70-30 matchup on sheik
of course it's your specialty matchup

@ dart
why didnt you go to FD? if he banned yoshi story, FD would be the right choice.
also nerves are an important part of the game.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
I played peach most of the singles tournament :psycho:
tbo, i didn't want to enter singles at all, until we won dubz =)

and about josh's nervous "johns", you had to be there to see it, his hands were shaking mad hard.

Dart!

Smash Master
lol ICs 70-30 matchup on sheik
of course it's your specialty matchup

@ dart
why didnt you go to FD? if he banned yoshi story, FD would be the right choice.
also nerves are an important part of the game.
i thought about it but i didn't think my powershielding was "on" you know? i thought it would be a bad idea because i wasn't confident in my PS game at the time >.<

Dart!

Smash Master
if anthony learned how to recover better with peach his would be ****. IMO anthony should have went ganon or sheik against rat

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
if I relearned how to play fox.....

I think I would explode.

btw I started playing fox again. pretty bad, but I still beat luke consistently

Dart!

Smash Master
If its anything like lixiviums deal, then...he'll be back. i doubt he's retiring before APEX...maybe RoM3, which he should go with me to it.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
If its anything like lixiviums deal, then...he'll be back. i doubt he's retiring before APEX...maybe RoM3, which he should go with me to it.
What's that supposed to mean :/

I play Smash less than once a month. It's not like I quit because I don't like it anymore (although I've done that before too)

Dart!

Smash Master
i meant...he'll stop playing for awhile and come back. binyan made a joke about you quitting three or four times now in the stl thread no hate at all silly :p

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Lixi, we need to meet up at some point.

I think my neutral game is legitimate now. I don't solely rely on grabs...

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
I'm makin it a big deal to call the Doctor again on Monday about my hand, someones got to know what the hell is wrong. I want to start rapin people again.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
DARKATMA

ICs Sheik is not 70/30 HAHAHA.

Its even. It was 70/30 in like 2006. Now its just even.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Bleh, playing predictable = t3h suck. These next few times we play I'm going to try to work on one thing and that's realizing when you guys commonly shield, working on ways to get OoS other than jumping, realizing I have a spot dodge even if it sucks, and punishing Rashad's neutral getup -> utilt/shine/spot dodge depending on where I'm at. If you guys would like to know, I'll post your tech patterns I've observed.

Josh: At low percents you tech roll away all the time until you get hit, then you tech in place or don't tech at all. I don't really know how you tech at higher percents because I don't really tech chase by then. I seem to fudge up against your Ganon because I disregard chaingrabs/tech chases with all of my characters against him and you do the SH bair/uair -> DJ aerial or full hop dair -> aerial way too much. I really wish I'd stop doing ledgehop aerials against you because by now you know my ******* does that too much and you retreating fair me everytime.

Rashad: Almost the exact opposite of Josh. You tech in place a lot and then will do the aforementioned moves depending on where I'm at. Typically if I punish that which is very uncommon, the next time I grab and dthrow you you'll either purposely miss your tech and time your getup attack to botch whatever I'm doing or you'll tech away. Also when you get gimped/combo'd to death at low %s you kinda get mad(well, mainly only yesterday I noticed this) and usually I'm at a high % and I notice you are dangerously aggressive your next stock and end up knocking me offstage because I shield thinking you'll jump and nair me and then you fthrow/uthrow -> bair me offstage and do the typical Fox bair edgeguard. You're lucky I'm dimwitted and don't ever think to jump backwards with my double jump offstage ;_;

Anthony: You used to tech in place a ****load, but now it looks like you either miss techs, tech behind me, tech in place, or very rarely tech away from me lol. I don't grab you enough to know your tech habits that much honestly xD

Oh yeah, and I gotta find out Marth more...people always say to wait for Marth to approach by dash dancing and stuff like that and Josh just kinda stands there and then I'll try to bait an approach by going a little closer with my dash dance and then he hits me/grabs me X_X

Bawwwww just felt like typing honestly.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Lol funny you noticed me gettin upset about gettin gimped, mainly because it's not supposed to happen. I know I use it as an excuse but I can't do even the basic **** with my hand bein the way it is. I don't know how many times I have to reiterate that. But when you guys attack me even when it's not about you guys reading my tech patterns i'll give you credit to that, but if you guys miss it and still punish me that's my fault which is the result of you guessed it my hand. And you would be a fool to jump backwards when off the stage when I'm tryin to edgeguiard you, it would only make matters worse especially with you usin Falcon. It's good that you guys are punishin me when I **** up, don't stop because other Foxes will make mistakes and don't forget to do to them what you guys do to me. Just remember that if I ever get my hand fixed, things will be hella different and it will be almost reminiscent of when you guys first played with me, not to sound like an ******* but this is no bull**** talk I'm gonna talk to my doctor again Monday and make them do a better job at fixing my problem.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Well, out of all fairness, jumping backwards can work on several occasions, kind of like changing the vertical/horizontal distance you do the upB as well as doing it either forwards or backwards. Admittedly, I'm ****ed if I get hit when jumping backwards, but just the same can be said by eating 5 bairs/1-2 shines.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
I don't really have an answer I've pretty much said all that could be said , you just have to move as fast as the person you're playing and faster, and you have to keep moving; don't stop for anything. The rest is up to you and what all myself and others have taught/told you.

Dart!

Smash Master
Just remember that if I ever get my hand fixed, things will be hella different and it will be almost reminiscent of when you guys first played with me, not to sound like an ******* but this is no bull**** talk I'm gonna talk to my doctor again Monday and make them do a better job at fixing my problem.
So its basically what kels and tink are doing to me right now...:psycho:

guess i just gotta learn DAT MATCHUP for when you get back to top form to make it fun for both of us :p

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Haha, thanks Josh. Don't get me wrong. Playin with all of you guys is fun. I just get hella disappointed when I start to get ***** because it's not supposed to happen that way. I should get owned, never ***** like you did to me last night ROFL.

Top Bottom