• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

darkatma

Smash Hero
y'know, BP there's a way to improve, and it's this: play smarter.

that means if your hands hurt then perfect your spacing for now, wait for doctors to find a solution. There's a ****load of spacing stuff i'm sure you need to improve on.

Dart!

Smash Master
y'know, BP there's a way to improve, and it's this: play smarter.

that means if your hands hurt then perfect your spacing for now, wait for doctors to find a solution. There's a ****load of spacing stuff i'm sure you need to improve on.
let me put it to you this way, he does that...but old habits die hard. he wants to do that tech stuff because he knows he used to be able to do it.

He can play smart all he wants but with physical limitation comes disability. like me right now, i feel fine and look fine..but i can tell if i tried to sprint and run as hard or cut and speed in soccer i would hurt myself and i wouldn't be able to play to what i should be able to.

tldr; he does play smart but his disability is holding him back from everything.

@Wiggins, i want to go...but i need at least 3 other people to split gas or for someone going to FAP to help pay for gas -_-

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
See, that's the thing. People who don't play me normally don't get it and the people who do play me still don't really get it either. As it stands now I think I'm fine; sure, I can improve my game and whatnot but so can everyone else. The problem I have is not in my smarts or spacing, it's in my hands, like for example: Whenever I would jump over someone to go behind them, I would get ready to press the jump button, but wait, the minute I want to press the jump button the action takes a sec to register then the jump comes out. Unfortunately, it's too late and I'm right in my opponents face instead of behind them. My problem lies with my thumb not recognizing my actions till it's too late, and when I do force the action, it makes my thumb bend up to do the hitchhikers thumb.

Josh and Anthony are really good now, so my smarts alone isn't gonna cut it. If I'm even struggling to do what I want to do at will then there's no way I'll ever win like I'm supposed to be, which is why I'm gonna call the doctor first thing Monday. No offense but I don't need anyone to tell me I need to play smarter when I would destroy almost all of Midwest if my hands were 100%.

Edit: ROFL no need for my post as Josh has said it already but Imma still leave it up xD.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
^^^ agreed =P, but dave has gotten better since last time i played him

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Because I expect you guys to change them all the time T_T I honestly don't know why I can't punish Rashad's though because I know he'll do that and like my punish gets outpriortized by shine or utilt or misses via spot dodge into a punish =(...

And yeah, I understand the whole limiting your capabilities thing Rashad, it's basically what happened to me during track from the end of my sophomore year until...now. There's no way in hell I should be running a 2:02 senior year in the 800 when I ran a 2:05 during my peak in my sophomore year. Injuries of any nature that restrict your potential in something you care about ****ing blows.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Well a pattern is just that, a repeating set of actions. So don't expect us to change our tech patterns, if you already have ours figured out then punish us for it. Honestly I can't tell that you have me figured out, I'll do one thing and you do the complete opposite. Every once in a while you'll get me but overall you still can't read my techs and I don't even have to out-prioritize you with a shine or some other move, you'll be way off on the other end tryin to get me with a knee or dair when I'll already be up and regain my ground, which then you can't punish me.

Like I said, if you know our tech patterns, don't expect us to change them because we'll just keep doin it. If we smash tomorrow or today then I want to see you punish me everytime you get a grab =P.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Yo guys, I finished the track so now it's voting time

Linkin Park remix

If yall like it, please let other people know that way the word gets out and I'll have more votes, but definitely vote for it if you like it. It won't mean anything if you just listen without voting so yeah lol.

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Ok well admittedly I go for the knee/dair off a tech punish but that's with reason. I have been taking your advice and going for a grab but like I said, shine/utilt/spot dodge/getup attack does still beat that option as well dude.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
I'm not sayin those moves don't **** with him because I know they do which is why I use em lol. I'm sayin a lot of times where you go to punish my tech roll or whatever after you grab me or put me to the ground, you do the completely wrong thing to do in that situation and I don't have to do anything.

Patience is part of the game as well, if you see me get up, I'm gonna immediately gonna want to shine, or uptilt or somethin because I'm gonna expect you to come at me full force. Knowing that, you need to pause and wait for that counter attack, then counter back; timing and patience. It's not just me that thinks like that. Pretty much all foxes or anybody else for that matter thinks that way in some form of shape. Anyways we'll have plenty of time to discuss tomorrow which I'm assumin everyones gonna be smashin right lol?

And don't forget to vote for my track!!

PEEF!

Smash Hero
A couple things. I want to go to FAP but I need details ASAP!

Also Dart, I want to pick up Marth to deal with some Peach issues. Any way you could help me out with that?

Dart!

Smash Master
A couple things. I want to go to FAP but I need details ASAP!

Also Dart, I want to pick up Marth to deal with some Peach issues. Any way you could help me out with that?
yes, always willing to convert someone even if it is for one MU.

it's admittedly easier in person but where should i start?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Dart I'm not going to FAP anymore. I am hosting what I hope will be a pretty big Smashfest on Sunday, you should come. It will be thru the night. Its my last one before college...=D

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
So reneblades gonna be here from tuesday to saturday?

yea the marth can learn the peach MU pretty fast. Its just Fair/grab spacing >_>

@lucas - i don't think i've seen u since like 2 months ago lol

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Yea, falcon can do really good against peach, but learning to use him is a lot harder than learning to use marth.
Falcon can do crazy combos (uairs, nairs, grab, knee which require precise spacing and reaction time) and dash dance camp vs peach, but All marth has to do is Fairs and grab <_<

@atma - when are you coming back =O?

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! How many of you are around the Springfield area? I can't travel much at all so I want to know how many are near / in Springfield. I'd love to meet some of you guys and finally get some good practice against human opponents. I've gotten pretty tired of bashing CPUs all the time :p

BTW, I voted for that song. Linkin Park is awesome :)

Dart!

Smash Master
Well Peoria itself is an hour and a half away but i'm willing to make trips quite frequently really.

there's Ripple, he's springfields head smash guy...person, at least i view him that way.

Tomacawk, he's the local vegan of the crew ;) and tech savvy with fox too

Oranos, he's the TO of the crew, he's pretty knowledgeable and plays ICs Sheik Puff

Gambit, he's also pretty adept in smash stuff. he's super chill too plays every character in the game.

there's Samurai too, he plays this mad cute pika and throws pokeballs and doesn't afraid of anything.

Their crew is called Team IOWA which peoria is like the brother crew of IMO.

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I very rarely play Brawl anyway :p

I've met Ripple and his crew before, a few years back, but apart from that and seeing Chewwy at a Brawl tourney last year I haven't heard much from them. Besides, when I first met them I absolutely SUCKED. I still suck, but I mean back then I could barely even L-cancel, wavedash, JC grab, etc. So maybe they didn't take me too seriously at the time or something... I don't know. But I have improved a lot since then, and even though I still suck compared to most people who have been playing competitively for years, I think I've definitely got a much better chance now than I used to. Dart, if you'd like to come over sometime I'll be more than happy. You can judge for yourself whether it would be worth helping me out a little. I'm at that crossroad where I can totally destroy all my casual gamer friends but I know I'd have the same done to me if I played a pro. So I can't get practice out of my friends and I haven't heard much from the pros around here... That's why I'm stuck killing CPUs. If any of you guys would like to come down here sometime I'd be really grateful. School for me starts late August, but before that I'm pretty much free as a bird :)

Dart!

Smash Master
Alright...how about wednesday i come down, possibly with a few other guys from the crew. i'll ask blake and see if he and his gang are interested. here's my cell phone in case you want to call/text *preferred* or just want to get to know me? no homo.

309-696-5934

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
I was close to being astounded because I thought your tag was Master Ppd which reminded me of my Runescape days when I knew a guy named Master_ppd77. Good times.
Haha, no, I'm PPV :p Although PPV = my initials, I have had people think my username meant 'master of pay-per-view' before I explained to them... :laugh:

dude i loved RSC
classic was the way to go

PKing was the highlight :p

hrm.. masterPPV are you frank?
Are you asking if I'm a frank person or if my name is Frank? My name is not Frank. But I can be frank sometimes.

Alright...how about wednesday i come down, possibly with a few other guys from the crew. i'll ask blake and see if he and his gang are interested. here's my cell phone in case you want to call/text *preferred* or just want to get to know me? no homo.

309-696-5934
Sure thing. If I know how many people will be coming I'll get a good amount of snacks / pizza / drinks. No fees or anything since this isn't a tournament. I have 1 TV, 1 Dazzle, and 1 computer, so we can either use the TV downstairs for just playing or the computer upstairs if we want to record. If someone wants to bring an extra Wii / Gamecube that would be fine. Bringing an extra TV would be OK, too, as long as it isn't huge or anything. I'll call you and work out other details and stuff.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Lol way to pick a day that people gotta do ****. That's when I go in to talk to my advisor to schedule classes, AND I'm leavin a little earlier to go to my doctors appointment. Hopefully this time I can get some answers. Unless of course you mean to leave after like 3 or so I can still make it with you guys.

And thanks for votin on the song ppv really appreciate it =).

Dart!

Smash Master
Lol way to pick a day that people gotta do ****. That's when I go in to talk to my advisor to schedule classes, AND I'm leavin a little earlier to go to my doctors appointment. Hopefully this time I can get some answers. Unless of course you mean to leave after like 3 or so I can still make it with you guys.

seeing as how the trip is only an hour and a half i don't think i'm in any rush to leave til people are ready.

i'm calculating the cost to get to FAP

to get to Evansville at full tank took one fillup. so it should take 2 fillups to get to Alabama and 2 to get back. its 30 dollars for a full tank. so four fillups will come to about 120 dollars.

if i split that between 3 people its 40 dollars per person to get there and back and 4 its 30...i really wish you guys would go with me :(

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman

No problem ;) That was some good **** :)

seeing as how the trip is only an hour and a half i don't think i'm in any rush to leave til people are ready.

i'm calculating the cost to get to FAP

to get to Evansville at full tank took one fillup. so it should take 2 fillups to get to Alabama and 2 to get back. its 30 dollars for a full tank. so four fillups will come to about 120 dollars.

if i split that between 3 people its 40 dollars per person to get there and back and 4 its 30...i really wish you guys would go with me :(
Well I just talked to you and like I said I'll check if I can go.

BTW that call was from a MagicJack phone since my home phone can't send long distance. Home phone number is 217-698-7453 (it can still receive long distance just not call it).

Wiggins

Smash Ace
I really wish you guys would go with him. I'd like to meet all of you guys because you're all apparently soooo cooool. :p

No, but seriously. I wanna meet you guys. If ReneChristoblade says y'all are cool, then you're cool.

Top Bottom