• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**** Pedophiles

finalark

SNORLAX
Link to original post: [drupal=3983]**** Pedophiles[/drupal]

This is just going to be me venting about **** to the wonderfully anonymous internet, I just want to get this off my chest and right now is not a good time to dump my emotional baggage onto my friends.

I am seventeen, a Junior in High School. Last year I met a girl who would go on to become one of my closest friends. When I first met her I thought she was cute, but over time I grew to become strongly attracted to her. I love her personality, her sense of humor, she likes the same things I do, I agree with her world view and I'm happy when I'm around her. And I don't think I will ever forget the night I broke down and told her how I really feel about her, and how she accepted me even more as her friend and praised my courage and respect for her.

The problem? She already has a boyfriend, a boyfriend in collage who had asked her out when she was a freshman and he was a senior. This didn't really bother me for a while, as far as I'm concerned if she's happy it shouldn't matter who she's with. However, one day she and I were walking off campus to get something to eat for lunch. She said that she had to be off because her boyfriend had stopped by to visit. We went out separate ways, I was about to enter Safeway before I thought to myself, "Hey, I haven't had any ice cream in a while. I'm gonna go grab some of that."

So I walk over to the ice cream shop and she's in there with her boyfriend. I wave, order some ice cream and make some very minor small talk with her while she and I waited in line and then I left. The next thing I know, she spends the rest of the week avoiding me, then the following week tells me that she'll never be my girlfriend. I tell her that all I ever wanted was to be a good friend to her and that I don't care who she's with as long as she's happy. Suddenly, she seems to not know at all what to think or say. Curiosity strikes me and I ask some of our friends what they think of her boyfriend, it's a bad sign when the friend that introduced to two outright says that she thinks he's a ******* and regrets introducing the two.

These days she swings back and forth between being aloof and being friendly, not sure what to think anymore it seems.

**** high school.

**** adolescence.

**** 21-year-olds dating 17-year-olds.

**** pedophiles.

Link to original post: [drupal=3983]**** Pedophiles[/drupal]

This is just going to be me venting about **** to the wonderfully anonymous internet, I just want to get this off my chest and right now is not a good time to dump my emotional baggage onto my friends.

I am seventeen, a Junior in High School. Last year I met a girl who would go on to become one of my closest friends. When I first met her I thought she was cute, but over time I grew to become strongly attracted to her. I love her personality, her sense of humor, she likes the same things I do, I agree with her world view and I'm happy when I'm around her. And I don't think I will ever forget the night I broke down and told her how I really feel about her, and how she accepted me even more as her friend and praised my courage and respect for her.

The problem? She already has a boyfriend, a boyfriend in collage who had asked her out when she was a freshman and he was a senior. This didn't really bother me for a while, as far as I'm concerned if she's happy it shouldn't matter who she's with. However, one day she and I were walking off campus to get something to eat for lunch. She said that she had to be off because her boyfriend had stopped by to visit. We went out separate ways, I was about to enter Safeway before I thought to myself, "Hey, I haven't had any ice cream in a while. I'm gonna go grab some of that."

So I walk over to the ice cream shop and she's in there with her boyfriend. I wave, order some ice cream and make some very minor small talk with her while she and I waited in line and then I left. The next thing I know, she spends the rest of the week avoiding me, then the following week tells me that she'll never be my girlfriend. I tell her that all I ever wanted was to be a good friend to her and that I don't care who she's with as long as she's happy. Suddenly, she seems to not know at all what to think or say. Curiosity strikes me and I ask some of our friends what they think of her boyfriend, it's a bad sign when the friend that introduced to two outright says that she thinks he's a ******* and regrets introducing the two.

These days she swings back and forth between being aloof and being friendly, not sure what to think anymore it seems.

**** high school.

**** adolescence.

**** 21-year-olds dating 17-year-olds.

**** pedophiles.
YES

RELATIONSHIP TEARS

SOOOOOOOOOO DELICIOUS

IT IS LIKE THE BAKLAVA THAT I AM CONSUMING RIGHT THIS SECOND

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Girls can be silly like that.

If she doesn't see you for who you are, then move on. It can be tough, but in hindsight, it could be the best step you've ever taken.

Don't let a girl slow you down.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
Shes in it for da money dude
*****es love dat money ;)
your a poor teenager
get a good job and then you can go back to highschool and look for a girlfriend...
oh wait...
Age means nothing in the real world!...when shes 21, he'll be 26...does that look like a problem?...does that make him a pedophile?...no, not at all. Move on...stay friends with the girl...and find someone else without a boyfriend(:

Geist

Smash Master
My deep and intimate knowledge of the teen psyche suggests that their relationship will not be permanent.
When they break up, she'll probably see you as the one who was always there.
Then snatch that ***** up

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
4 years is nothing, you should focus more on the "**** adolescence" part.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
Man, there are kids on this site.
And your blog title could be taken as a suggestion/command.

So basically you're telling little kids to go and **** pedos.

GG.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Honestly, that sucks. Sounds to me like she's attracted to you and trying to stop herself from being that way, but it's not working. Not that I'm a relationship expert or anything, but that's how I read the situation.

I don't think he's a pedophile, but I can definitely understand why you'd be annoyed at him. Logically you shouldn't be, but emotions don't always follow logic.

I know you're joking, but no more comments like this, please.
I don't mind if he makes more comments like that. I find giving infractions to people who deserve them mildly cathartic.

finalark

SNORLAX
Honestly, that sucks. Sounds to me like she's attracted to you and trying to stop herself from being that way, but it's not working. Not that I'm a relationship expert or anything, but that's how I read the situation.
That's what everyone I know says. Oh well, I'm sure we'll get over each other eventually, it's just hard to let go of someone you've built a strong relationship with, even if it is just a friendship.

I don't think he's a pedophile, but I can definitely understand why you'd be annoyed at him. Logically you shouldn't be, but emotions don't always follow logic.
Exactly.

On the other hand, this and Zigsta's post have been the only supportive and intelligent ones in this entire thread. Thanks, you two.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I don't mind if he makes more comments like that. I find giving infractions to people who deserve them mildly cathartic.
I'm popping in here to point out that your attitude & vocabulary is awesome.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
YES

RELATIONSHIP TEARS

SOOOOOOOOOO DELICIOUS

IT IS LIKE THE BAKLAVA THAT I AM CONSUMING RIGHT THIS SECOND

Pass me some of that please.

Seriously though, here's an appropriate quote from my good friend The Spirit of Truth: " CUT THAT ***** OFF!!!"

But really serious though. Love is a game kind of like smash. You have all of your Melee tech skill down, but your mindgames aren't up to par. One thing a woman values is friendship. Her boyfriend provides that but I'm willing to bet it pales in comparison to the friendship you offer. So my friend if you really like her and want to be with her then force her hand. Stop talking to her or just become short, don't hang out with her, and make sure whenever she sees you that you have a smile on your face that she didn't provide. She'll eventually crumble and come to you crying and begging for your friendship back. Then you hit her with the ole Phoenix Wright and present some evidence on how she betrayed your friendship. Then tell her about how you feel again and see if she's more receptive of it. Whatever you do, don't talk down about her boyfriend. This only makes you look like a jealous little **** and will ruin your chances and alienate the friendship you once had. Also don't try to make her jealous with other women, she'll just be put under the impression that you're past it and she'll get past it.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
It just seems like she has feelings for you that she thinks she shouldn't have so she's trying to cut things off between the two of you.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The guy is not a paedophile.

First of all let me break it down. Paedophilia is the attraction to prepubescent children, something she isn't. If he hooked up with her when she was younger and let it go on as she's growing old, he's definitely not a paedophile.

So she's a couple years younger, so what. In England, the age of consent is 16, so if the guy was having sexual relations with here here, it'd be fine. See how stupid and arbritrary this kind of stuff is?

She chose to start dating him, has been dating him for a while, and hasn't decided to break up. What does that mean? She's made her bed and she's lying in it. This is all entirely by her choice, and as annoying as you may find it, this guy has the girl you like. He got there first, he staked his claim. Deal with it.

Demonising him won't help, being angry and full of hate won't help, jealousy will only poison your mind and turn you into a green eyed skank. Believe it or not, there are literally over 9000 wimminz where you live. The more you blame others for your lack of success and general ineptitudes when it comes to getting what you want, the more you'll be stuck in a corner festering away like a sewer rat, dying alone.

Get out there and put your foot down ffs, the reason why 21yo dude is porking your missus is because he's probably a douchebag alpha male who asserts his will and doesn't give a ****.

QQ i can't get girls their so shallow and stupid i hate girls they dont benefit me so why be with them

those stupid ****ing jocks think their sooo cool, but they suck so much i hate them and my hate will destroy them
they will never get any more girls in life

everyone's dumb

Besides, finalark, as much as I'm okay with you...
You rage on and on about video games, so you crying over a girl IRL is hilariously pathetic.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
I also hated seeing this when I was in high school, I think its pretty shameful for a senior to date a freshman

Her boyfriend probably asked who you were later when they were alone after the ice cream, and she said hes just a friend, which means to a boyfriend, your not allowed to see him anymore.

Honestly Finalark, there are so many girls out there, this one isn't worth your time, girls who date older guys have alot of deep seeded self esteem issues

If I were you I'd check out Stephane Hemon at ideagasms.com, because you played this situation horribly. sorry chap!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
IHonestly Finalark, there are so many girls out there, this one isn't worth your time, girls who date older guys have alot of deep seeded self esteem issues
Generally women prefer older guys, you know. :x

And on the reverse end, men prefer younger women.

Dat biololololology

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I also hated seeing this when I was in high school, I think its pretty shameful for a senior to date a freshman
Honestly, of late I've been questioning more and more why people have such an issue with dating someone older/younger than them. To an extent I understand, but once you get past the age of consent and all...why is it such a big deal that someone's in a relationship with somewhat of an age gap?

Then again, I'm inclined to say people shouldn't give half the **** they do about what other people do in the first place, so maybe that's just me.

Anyway Finalark, hard as it may be to accept it...Teran's got it spot-on. If you want the girl, make it happen. Making the guy she's with out to be a complete jerk and making excuses for why he has what he has isn't going to do anything. Either make it happen or accept what you've got.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Generally women prefer older guys, you know. :x

And on the reverse end, men prefer younger women.

Dat biololololology
Evidence? I think you just made that up. I know ALOT of counter examples.

Honestly, of late I've been questioning more and more why people have such an issue with dating someone older/younger than them. To an extent I understand, but once you get past the age of consent and all...why is it such a big deal that someone's in a relationship with somewhat of an age gap?

Then again, I'm inclined to say people shouldn't give half the **** they do about what other people do in the first place, so maybe that's just me.
It is a big deal because of maturity, a 15 year old girl freshman is not as mature as a 20 year old senior. They are thinking about different things, and the senior's advantage over the situation is enormous. Senior girls are much more mature and better suited to date senior boys, if the boys can handle them, if not they will look for younger girls. Its shameful.

Also an 18 year old girl dating a 32 year old man is also shameful, she is at the age of consent but she is not at the age of maturity. The 30 year old has had alot more relationships and sex and experience and hardly has anything to relate to the 18 year old girl.

The older you get the less this matters, a 30 year old woman and a 50 year old man is fine, but run that back to when the girl was 10 and the man was 30 and you have a serious problem.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master

Wait, wat, you and I have been over this before.

Once you're into your 20's, dating someone 3 years up isn't so bad. When you're 15 dating a senior, there's kind of a ****ing problem due to how much changing there is to be had, much more so than with people past that stage in life. It's just simple facts, man.

Finalark, I'm not sure if you got my message, but I'll state it one more time here. Get out of that situation, it's not worth your time, and staying around trying to hold some moral high ground is just bull ****.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
The golden Rule:

You can date anyone who is:
your age /2 + 7 (rounded down), or older.

EZ.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
The golden Rule:

You can date anyone who is:
your age /2 + 7 (rounded down), or older.

EZ.
So before you're 14, you can date only people who are older than you?

lol pre-teen "dating". or lol teen-age dating for that matter

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
So before you're 14, you can date only people who are older than you?

lol pre-teen "dating". or lol teen-age dating for that matter
No, because both people have to pass the rule.

(Also should have been rounded up >_>).

So if you're 14, you can only date other 14 year olds.
Under 14 year olds shouldn't be dating.

Top Bottom