• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach vs. Donkey Kong

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
nope

Look at your post around here, it's all you freaking do

nope

Yea ok......

10nopes

I would not expect someone like you to know about this to give such a comment

lol you just contradicted yourself

How?

lol, you don't even know why I said what I said, mind your own business.

Basically Yaay pointed out on the Game and Watch thread that I never do anything to help the Peach community. While I could really care less I was putting in my opinions on stage selection and pointing out that I actually do help out a bit here and there.

Yaaay, is right, you don't you just spam and post BS. Then when you decided to actually post something none stupid every once in a blue its just wrong.

Lol... and stay out of discussions I don't know about? This whole thread is almost all theorycrafting. Including all of the quotes I just picked you out on.

That's right, stay out of discussion you know nothing about. I'm pretty sure there was no typos when I said that. And what I said is no therocraft. It's straight up experience I have from playing high level DKs for a long time. I don't talk about stuff from low or middle level of play. I talk about things from high level of play. That's how thinks are suppose to be discuss. Not what YOU are doing right now in here.

Also, please almighty Drk Peach that plays top level DKs every day of his life, if I am incorrect on all of my stage analysises please point them out and tell me what's wrong. Besides platforms of course.

We're all entitled to our own opinion.
The stages you mention, I pretty much broke it down before you even made the list.

Everything is a damm joke to you.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
You guys are nutz. I was the first straight Peach to ever walk on these boards. I was the first Peach to fight for this character and put people like vidjo on blast for saying Peach was bad in 08. Same with the other cry babies. I was the first Peach that debate with this character so hard I could write a book on this. I was the first Peach to get banned 500 times to a point I am SWF most wanted. I was the Peach that actually brought life, joy and entertainment to this place. I did not think at first that it woule be boring around here without me, but thinking about it really hard, I see it based on what others said and shown me.

Pretty much I am god and I created this world you post in today. And none of you wanna admit. I done so much and this is the thanks I get. It's cool. I'm use to it. You all smell. And you can all burn in hell.
it takes a special skill to **** ride yourself, let alone not have anything to back it up with.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
And THIS is exactly what me and everyone else are talking about. I even asked you how I so called contradicted myself. Don't even answer that make ANOTHER USELESS POST. Childish comment. This all you do. And people are not saying anything to you for w/e reason that is. But I'll do it for them since I really don't care. You are annoying to lots here with your post and really don't add anything legit Just spam and crave attention. Jerm says you have alot to learn about this game. Why don't you take a hint and actually learn about this game, instead of spaming BS.

Also that was a joke post from the Peach SD, how the hell does THAT have anything to do with what is up in here, Are you stupid?

Start of the thread you posted a one liner that ment nothing. And you did it more than once. You call that helping out and actually know what you are talking about? You can try and get on me so hard all you want. There is a big difference between you and me kid. I don't spam BS and try so hard to stand out and get noticed around here. I don't post crap that has nothing to do with match up discussions. I post legit information and base it on high level experience. I don't do what you do.

And again, this is not even from me. This is from a **** load of people around here that see the same thing I do. As of now, you are useless around here. You wanna be helpful, quit being a ****** around here with stupid post and actually learn about this game. Study and research. That's what I had to do for 2 years in brawl, and still am to this day. You are new around here and it clearly shows there isnt alot that you know. and once again, I am not the only one that see this. So don't think it is just me attacking you cause I am bored.

Think about what I said, what Jerm has told you as well as other Peach players around here have said. You seriously need to quit this crap out. it's to nothing but useless spam and even fights. I was told what was going on around here while I was banned. And what you was doing. instead of taking this as me putting you on blast, take this as advice. And me guessing that you would respond like an immature 16 year old, I will expect another dumb show off stand out attention post from you again. Nothing legit or helpful at all.

I'm done with this lil discussion on you. Mods if you wanna infract me for starting something, then by all means do so. But this crap had to be said and needs to end. Kids tries to hard and just leads to nonsense. People who had a problem just would not say anything. and since I don't care what happens to me and say as I please, I decided to just do so. I'm not gonna deal with him in cases like this in this thread anymore. he can make a post getting on me or w/e. I won't respond back. Kid is seriously annoying.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to this Peach vs DK discussion now. Sorry all.

z00ted

Lol you're posting this much about me saying "eat a ****" and an "platform" discussion vs Donkey Kong and Peach?

From reading everything you've previously posted on this thread I don't see anything about stages. In fact I just see you arguing with other Donkey Kong mains about things Peach can and can't do.

Whatever Dark, you're always right.

Nicole

Smash Champion
imo, i wouldn't take dk to brinstar. chars with bairs that can wall peach (like: wolf, kirby, ddd, DK) shouldn't be taken to brinstar.

buuuuut, i dont like gay stages or uneven terrain or brinstar in general. so take my opinion with a grain of salt. i'm sure it can work for peach, i just think taking dk to a simple stage is best. i also think that peach would be fine to play against dk on japes, not that it is ever legal. i dont really see how it would hurt her. both chars are good on it. i wouldnt take him there but i wouldnt waste your ban on japes.

Neon9837

Smash Cadet
Jungle Japes is extremely good for Peach as well, so I'd say no to that.

:053:
The only reason this stage is in dks favor is because of killing options and water, neither chracters approaches are affected considerably here.

Unless peach pulls a bomb dk will not be dying until 200+ Dk lives to higher % than anyone else in the cast with up-b, but on this stage, its very hard to punish it. Dk's dmash will still kill at around 125, but he has more options in killing! If he grabs you on the middle platform he can cargo d-toss you under the left platform which stage spikes you. Dk is also the best swimmer in the game and can plank rediculously well underneath the stage and on the side platforms.

None of this matters though because peach should ban this 90% of the time.

Edit: I didn't realize this stage was banned at most tourneys.

Neon9837

Smash Cadet
Gonna do this in sections (Starters, semi-starers, Counter picks, unusual counter picks)
I will try to be as unbiased as i can, I know much more about dk than peach.

Neutral stages

Final Destination- This will serve as the basis for my stage discussion. Peach has plenty of room to camp/ bait approaches with turnips while glide tossing. Dk will most likely charge his punch at the beginning as it provides him more approaching options. The lack of platforms gives dk more options for approaching in the air (ie. he can approach with a full hop) it also means that its easier for both characters to avoid getting juggled. This stage is longer than most which means dk has more room to run away if he's getting pressured. (This is one of the most important aspects of the MU imo, peach can put plenty of pressure on dk's shield with well spaced floating dairs, fairs and falling nairs followed by jab/grab) Dk has less edge options on this stage when he's over 100%, which is definetly a pain in the long run considering he'll be playing about half the match this way.

Smashville- Like fd but smaller and with a moving platform. The platform hinders and helps both characters at times, when the platform is resting on the sides, it provides dk breathing room to charge his punch and gives him another ledge option (jump from ledge than double jump backwards to platform, yes it works) Dk also has a chaingrab on the platform when its moving (this should never happen in this mu though) Otherwise it seems even, I dont know of any peach tactics/gimmicks on this stage, please enlighten me.

Battlefield[/U]- even smaller and with more platforms. This means less breathing room for both characters. Peach does better here because she is simpy better with platforms, especially considering dk's size, the platforms also make it harder for dk to approach in the air, but they hardly limit peach's aerial approach. Dk can juggle peach really well below the platforms with his u-tilt and can kill with u-tilt at 80%. Peach has a very slight advatage here I believe.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
The only reason this stage is in dks favor is because of killing options and water, neither chracters approaches are affected considerably here.

Unless peach pulls a bomb dk will not be dying until 200+ Dk lives to higher % than anyone else in the cast with up-b, but on this stage, its very hard to punish it. Dk's dmash will still kill at around 125, but he has more options in killing! If he grabs you on the middle platform he can cargo d-toss you under the left platform which stage spikes you. Dk is also the best swimmer in the game and can plank rediculously well underneath the stage and on the side platforms.

None of this matters though because peach should ban this 90% of the time.

Edit: I didn't realize this stage was banned at most tourneys.
I'm gonna have to disagree with that. Peach is good on that stage. And one GOOD reason is cause she dies quick off the top. Her DI of the sides are good. Her DI off the top is not. Japes helps a ton with this.

The water is the next thing but that was covered.

Now on this stage you have the center and the sides. If you are getting pressured by Peach really well, your shield is gonna get eaten, shield poked or you are gonna take alot of damage. it will be seriously hard to get away. And that top platform Peach is having fun with.

Peach can play really gay and camp you if she wanted too. Save approaches or turnip use are gonna make it hard for DK. If I have the lead you have to come to me. Not to mention I can evade you/stall by going under the center and the side stages over and over.

I can get lots of damage on you here. And I die quick off the top. which won't be happening here. Your character dies Best off the sides. Which can help Peach on this stage. Thats really how all characters are suppose to kill DK at best.

People these days should not be getting staged spiked. it hardly happens to anyone that knows how to time that tech. So if you actually land that on a person, I would consider that a freebee for you.

I have used this stage against characters that kill off the top well and also die off the sides easier. Snake was one of them. I always tool snakes here and won. he gets ****ed up hard here against a smart Peach. His camping really does not do much here. I live off the top well and kill him off the sides well.

This stage is a patient game for Peach. with her defensive play, it makes this stage her true playground. I really don't have to rush DK here. I can get so much damage and pressure him here since all three fighting areas are not that big. So you won't be living up to 200+ unless the Peach is just abusing the kills moves too much and trying to just kill you off the top.

Neon9837

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna have to disagree with that. Peach is good on that stage. And one GOOD reason is cause she dies quick off the top. Her DI of the sides are good. Her DI off the top is not. Japes helps a ton with this.

The water is the next thing but that was covered.

Now on this stage you have the center and the sides. If you are getting pressured by Peach really well, your shield is gonna get eaten, shield poked or you are gonna take alot of damage. it will be seriously hard to get away. And that top platform Peach is having fun with.

Peach can play really gay and camp you if she wanted too. Save approaches or turnip use are gonna make it hard for DK. If I have the lead you have to come to me. Not to mention I can evade you/stall by going under the center and the side stages over and over.

I can get lots of damage on you here. And I die quick off the top. which won't be happening here. Your character dies Best off the sides. Which can help Peach on this stage. Thats really how all characters are suppose to kill DK at best.

People these days should not be getting staged spiked. it hardly happens to anyone that knows how to time that tech. So if you actually land that on a person, I would consider that a freebee for you.

I have used this stage against characters that kill off the top well and also die off the sides easier. Snake was one of them. I always tool snakes here and won. he gets ****ed up hard here against a smart Peach. His camping really does not do much here. I live off the top well and kill him off the sides well.

This stage is a patient game for Peach. with her defensive play, it makes this stage her true playground. I really don't have to rush DK here. I can get so much damage and pressure him here since all three fighting areas are not that big. So you won't be living up to 200+ unless the Peach is just abusing the kills moves too much and trying to just kill you off the top.

I suppose I could write something to debunk this but it really wouldnt be worth it considering the rarity of this stage. I'd rather we discuss my previous post on the more common stages.

Also, Dark pch. are you going to dallas this weekend? I'd love to mm your peach.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Gonna do this in sections (Starters, semi-starers, Counter picks, unusual counter picks)
I will try to be as unbiased as i can, I know much more about dk than peach.

Starter stages

Final Destination- This will serve as the basis for my stage discussion. Peach has plenty of room to camp/ bait approaches with turnips while glide tossing. Dk will most likely charge his punch at the beginning as it provides him more approaching options. The lack of platforms gives dk more options for approaching in the air (ie. he can approach with a full hop) it also means that its easier for both characters to avoid getting juggled. This stage is longer than most which means dk has more room to run away if he's getting pressured. (This is one of the most important aspects of the MU imo, peach can put plenty of pressure on dk's shield with well spaced floating dairs, fairs and falling nairs followed by jab/grab) Dk has less edge options on this stage when he's over 100%, which is definetly a pain in the long run considering he'll be playing about half the match this way.

Smashville- Like fd but smaller and with a moving platform. The platform hinders and helps both characters at times, when the platform is resting on the sides, it provides dk breathing room to charge his punch and gives him another ledge option (jump from ledge than double jump backwards to platform, yes it works) Dk also has a chaingrab on the platform when its moving (this should never happen in this mu though) Otherwise it seems even, I dont know of any peach tactics/gimmicks on this stage, please enlighten me.

Battlefield[/U]- even smaller and with more platforms. This means less breathing room for both characters. Peach does better here because she is simpy better with platforms, especially considering dk's size, the platforms also make it harder for dk to approach in the air, but they hardly limit peach's aerial approach. Dk can juggle peach really well below the platforms with his u-tilt and can kill with u-tilt at 80%. Peach has a very slight advatage here I believe.

I'm not sure if everyone is on the same page about the rating of the MU. It really seems that Peach and Donkey Kong can really poke at each other on almost any stage. I still have to say the MU is 50/50.

The stage discussion is going great, so keep it up. I see a lot of points from both sides that have a very significant influence on the MUs on the stages.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Genesis. Game 3. Halberd. Loser's bracket. Both of us over 100%. I read an airdodge. I input dash upsmash to punish it with a kill. I trip. Ripple dsmashes out of the airdodge landing.

My face:

z00ted

sound mad salty

dat dphat vs illmatic salt

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Genesis. Game 3. Halberd. Loser's bracket. Both of us over 100%. I read an airdodge. I input dash upsmash to punish it with a kill. I trip. Ripple dsmashes out of the airdodge landing.

My face:

u going to MLG?, we could have a rematch

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Wow Praxis...that sounds like my match with Blue Rogue a year ago, both of us at high percent last stock, where I managed to read one of his landings with a pivot grab on Delfino, input the dashing u-smash off of the grab release...and tripped. Got killed.

I really hate when Sakurai wins games for people.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
*shakes fist, returns to weeping*

Sadly cannot :( Going to Winter Games Fest, maybe WHOBO 3...

Also, I hand-drew that crying face on my iPad LOL

z00ted

praxis please come to WHOBO 3

all peaches should come to WHOBO 3!!!!

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
MU discussion please.

Please.

I don't want this thread getting closed. Take this to PMs or the SD. You can keep it here as long as you have a part of your input attached to your socializing. I honestly don't mind it and I feel that it lightens up any tensions between disagreements and allows for a more fluid MU discussion.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I was pretty sure PRaxis was talking about Donkey Kong, a grab release to upsmash?

He said Tripping > Peach in this matchup and we are in the DK thread. He also *glared at Ripple*, ripple being a DK main.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I was pretty sure PRaxis was talking about Donkey Kong, a grab release to upsmash?

He said Tripping > Peach in this matchup and we are in the DK thread. He also *glared at Ripple*, ripple being a DK main.
*cough cough* he dropped DK for Falco *cough cough*

:p

Touche, Lance. Even then, there isn't much about the tripping to talk about.

Discuss pros and cons on all neutrals now.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216

I was the one who mentioned the grab release to u-smash, and referenced Blue Rogue who is a Wario main lol.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
DK has better CP's than peach, DK should most of the time win the set if its normally 50-50 on neutrals

z00ted

None of the peaches believe me either but this is so true, i'll finish my stage evaluation later this week.
Um, I believed you.

Yet everyone shot me down.

Everyone being Dark Pch, (since he is God afterall).

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Does that include Pictochat? :cool:
:c:c:c:c:c uncool

On dk jungle I just go on a platform and camp, I glide toss the turnips up to create a barrier if he's not doing anything :).
almost literally, being anywhere on japes against DK is disadvantageous because of his SA glitch. this includes platform camping

Neon!

Smash Lord
After playing many top peaches at MLG Dallas (Illmatic, L33T, Nicole, and Razmakzi) I still believe it is 55:45 in Dk's favor and I need to learn the matchup better. Peach beats him up close and can pressure his shield with aerials, but DK still kills better and and beats her in the air.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I played Bums DK and Wills DK yesterday for hours. At first I was not doing to hawt. Then Bum, Will and dire was teaching me some stuff. As playing peach in general. After that we played again. I was doing so much better and taking games off them. We was going even. Bum even said he was heated after playing me from the stuff they all taught me and told me to do with Peach in general, not match up wise. I just applied it with the DK/Peach match up. I'm freaking loving this **** (Thinks Will if you ever come and look at this. I'm hacking it in tourny when I get morew use to all of this) And will has done of Peach experience. We are 2-1 in tournament with me being up. He also has beaten me in a MM so I couse that could make us even. But he says he does not count that since I just came out of retirment and rusty. I think he should though.

With all that said. my opinion on FD has changed. FD is actually good for Peach on DK.I just don't like it cause it is hard to land and I have no platforms to help with evasion. But you can create this sick wall with turnips and it makes it so hard for DK to get through. And since there is no platforms, Turips won't disapper in the air. Nor can DK just go under one so he can evade the turnip rain. DK gets camped hard there so I think Would think it is slighly in her favor. DK can abuse her when she is over him. I have to time Perfect Dairs to escape. if Peach pressures and camps DK hard, he can't do much. he is having a hard time getting in while I am getting loads of damage. Then he would be the wone having trouble to kill when he has all that power. I said it before, power is not everything dude It seriously isnt.

YI, I played on that stage. I actually Like that stage. Outside of his up-B x2 trick, That long platform screws him over. If I make it rain tournips DK is having so much trouble Landing. And he can't touch the stage well to get to me since I am under the plat from and Ether sharking with Upairs or glide tossing turnips upaward to Uptilts. Also his up-B cancles from the ledges for another one can be abused if times well with Fsmash on just Nair him on top. Will was telling me he is not liking Platforms so much Cause of stuff like this.

And for things like that, it brings me to Lylat. Which me, Bum and Will agreed that it is in Peach favor. Those platforms lined up like that are really a pain for DK. Plust stage can gay his recovery.

Smashfill is even too me, even with what I was taught, I say nothing ground breaking. Just a lil like FD.

Castle seige I think Peach takes a lil. First Part of the stage Peach can Pressure him well since he can't really go anywhere. Second Part I can run away and cam him. Her insavion and camping here is increased to the max on this Stsage. DK is not all that quick in the air to catch her anyway. Third Part is when the fight becomes even to me. So with that said, I say Peach has a slight advantage. She just as to be really careful not to die off the top. for this method, I would avoid being in the air alot on the first part of stage.

DP, I only did it once, so I can't give much opinion on it and first time I played a DK there. Need to play on it more to give a good judgement. But SO that stage seems ok. I give a slight advantage to DK.

Halbard is a stage I dont like in general. Cause of that low roof. But I traied it and I found it not so bad on DK. I just have to be careful not dieing off the top. I also Learned that if you ground float on the platform and DK is under you, the Dair will hit him. I was like "Holy ****" I hardly play on that stage to know. Glad I did, that mike work on alot of tall characters as well. But it is legit on DK. You can do the same if he Tries to up-B from the ledge to the other one from below the stage. That Plalform is like YI one. But I feel it is a lil better since it does not ti;t and can shark him upon landing anding the turnip rain. And of course uptils. Will was telling me that it could be a good stage Vs DK, I just have to worry about not dieing off the top.

Brinstar is a stale I can not play on at all. I never could so I can't say much on that still I learn it. Though I think He wins there. I'm not gonna hold my opinion strong on that still I actually learn how to play there then fight DK.

In general with the match up, Will and Bum were saying they found it so hard to land Bairs and Tilts on me They could only Land Bairs if I was like off stage or alil high in the air trying to do air attacks. If not, they coulds not land them on me. And when they stried, they instanlty got pusnied for it. This match up looks so damm different now from the way I been playing thanks to thier advice and help on playing ingeneral. I still say with all this it is an even fight. I think it would slighty be in her favor if Peach was to abuse bone walking and free pull. But until I do and see for myself, I'm sticking with it being even.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
After playing many top peaches at MLG Dallas (Illmatic, L33T, Nicole, and Razmakzi) I still believe it is 55:45 in Dk's favor and I need to learn the matchup better. Peach beats him up close and can pressure his shield with aerials, but DK still kills better and and beats her in the air.
If we ever meet I'd like to MM your DK. :)

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Sry, Neon, I wanted to play you really bad. I only got in like 3 friendlies the whole time with random people.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I beat Illmatic when he got 2 bombs a saturn and a beam sword

Top Bottom