• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach vs. Donkey Kong

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
i agree that its dead even. peach wins overall but DK's uptilt is annoying and his CPs are way better.
DK only has 2 stages that he does damage on. Which is YI and Delfino. Then he has a semi good time with Brinstar and maybe halberd. Other stages Peach takes it. Give me platfroms, that is all I need. Characters like DK, DDD ROB and bowser can't handled good platform games.

I just wait for DK to bair and then hit him with my bair. floating is bad in this matchup and just never lose patience. I stale fair sometimes but other times i don't so i guess you can do either. learn how to bonewalk cause it helps you camp him harder and don't glidetoss every turnip just throw them. it's okay if he's at 200+ just don't let him get in lol it's also very good to go out to hit DK with float dairs/nairs/fairs when he's recovering. trap DK at the ledge cause he's bad there.

and nicole i disagree no DK bairs just for the sake of bairing if they know how to play peach because peach gets walled pretty hard by tilts to they only bair if they predict a float.

wow i just helped a character board lmfaooo

also it's not even DK def wins it if only by a little he just bans FD
Floating isnt bad. Going air happy with it like a basic Peach would as if they started playing Peach is. You don't have to abuse it. if you think carefully. you can float on him with no fear.

And no dude, he does not win. He Peach should actually avoid stages like FD on DK. Peach does not wanna be under Dk or in the air for too long aginst DK. Thanks to her crappy air speed and air dodge. same time it wont be hard for him to lock on you with Bairs. Platfroms reduce this and help with the evasion.

Nicole

Smash Champion
I've beaten every notable DK I've ever come across, including Will (in a friendly though, to be fair to him) and Ripple. This matchup is dead even.

I will elaborate when I have more time.
i've beaten will in a friendly too, and he told me that i was really good at the dk matchup.

OMG. namedropping who we've beaten = the cooooooooooolest. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
i've beaten will in a friendly too, and he told me that i was really good at the dk matchup.

OMG. namedropping who we've beaten = the cooooooooooolest. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Legit Legit. I asked him a while back and he said the same thing..

I'm hoping I can change his mind when I play him...
:3

No offense Nicole. :)

Neon9837

Smash Cadet
I just wait for DK to bair and then hit him with my bair. floating is bad in this matchup and just never lose patience. I stale fair sometimes but other times i don't so i guess you can do either. learn how to bonewalk cause it helps you camp him harder and don't glidetoss every turnip just throw them. it's okay if he's at 200+ just don't let him get in lol it's also very good to go out to hit DK with float dairs/nairs/fairs when he's recovering. trap DK at the ledge cause he's bad there.

and nicole i disagree no DK bairs just for the sake of bairing if they know how to play peach because peach gets walled pretty hard by tilts to they only bair if they predict a float.

wow i just helped a character board lmfaooo

also it's not even DK def wins it if only by a little he just bans FD
Peach's fair and bair can clash with dk's bair but Dk can alaways take another hit while peach can't. If peach had better killing options it would be even.

I also forgot to mention Dk's cargo hold, if you'r grabbed near the edge above 70% it should end in a ko. Holding up won't allow you to break out fast enough and it's nearly impossible to tech on reaction because he can stall the throw.

Dk is better at edgeguarding in this matchup as well with his ability to stall on the ledge with up-b making him nearly invincible, and of course his bair. One things I havent tested enough is dk's uair vs peach's dair. If spaced correctly im pretty sure the uair wins. Let me know if I'm wrong on that one.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Peach's fair and bair can clash with dk's bair but Dk can alaways take another hit while peach can't. If peach had better killing options it would be even.

I also forgot to mention Dk's cargo hold, if you'r grabbed near the edge above 70% it should end in a ko. Holding up won't allow you to break out fast enough and it's nearly impossible to tech on reaction because he can stall the throw.

Dk is better at edgeguarding in this matchup as well with his ability to stall on the ledge with up-b making him nearly invincible, and of course his bair. One things I havent tested enough is dk's uair vs peach's dair. If spaced correctly im pretty sure the uair wins. Let me know if I'm wrong on that one.
Since Peach dies early, Peach should not even be trying to clash with DK. Only time I would risk that is if I am at low to mid % and DK is at kill %. If not, pure evasion on DK. And Just recover low.

Cargo, All I have to do is See DK turn around. and Press L/R when he does. Then I can tech it. The smart way to actually tech it is to watch DKpull his hand back. Once you do, press L/R. And you will tech. But if your reaction sucks, DK is gonan get away with keep kills like this that should not work at all.

Peach edguards DK better. I just explained all this already. If DK wan'ts to up-B stall. I can run off stage and reverse up'B. Unlike melee, you can not let go of the edge as soon as you grab. The second you let go I can grab the ledge and hold on to it. forceing you to try and get on stage. Now if I am at 100%, I get do get up attacks while you close to the ledge and then hit you out. And I can keep doing this over and over to get some damage on you till you realize to just get back on stage. if not, time drop offs to Nairs. I get about 4 frames of invisibility if I do this to a Nair. Whis is three frames. You can't touch me while I launch you out. Same of I jumped off the ledge to a Nair.

And Upair beating Dair. Its all about timing. Her Dair is for hits. Each kick last for 2 frames. You have to get inbetweet that to hit Peach. Plus the distance between you and her. Her hit box on Dair extends. So yea about timing. You up can/can't beat her dair if that makes sense to you.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Peach's D Tilt beats out DK's spaced Bairs
But DK's F Tilt/Ground Slam will beat out Peach's D Tilt so he can simply choose to land and F Tilt you if you constantly do this

Camp the crap out of him. Spam Turnips and be as anti air as you can. Be careful with your landings because they offer DK the best chance to get a KO on you. Don't challenge DK's Bair directly, get away from it because the more you try to beat it out in the air, the more times his Bair will string against you

I never thought about the Up Smash thing Nicole mentioned, will have to give that a try

Can't remember if DK's Uair works vs Peach's Dair, I normally find Dair either wins or unfortunetly trades hits which results in death. Use Dair prematurely so you've got yourself covered

And Toad DK's Up + B, it's tricky to directly knock him out of it and Turnips get cancelled out. Float near the ledge - if he goes for the ledge, you can edgeguard him or Toad his Up + B. If he goes above the stage, jump back on and chase him for a punish BUT make sure he isn't going to get a lagless landing! The tables can turn horribly if he suddenly whips out an F Smash when you think he's going to be stuck in landing lag

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have advice for killing DK early? It's annoying getting him up to like 150, but being killed at like 80. Guess I just have to camp more and save fair.

Neon9837

Smash Cadet
Peach edguards DK better. I just explained all this already. If DK wan'ts to up-B stall. I can run off stage and reverse up'B. Unlike melee, you can not let go of the edge as soon as you grab. The second you let go I can grab the ledge and hold on to it. forceing you to try and get on stage. Now if I am at 100%, I get do get up attacks while you close to the ledge and then hit you out. And I can keep doing this over and over to get some damage on you till you realize to just get back on stage. if not, time drop offs to Nairs. I get about 4 frames of invisibility if I do this to a Nair. Whis is three frames. You can't touch me while I launch you out. Same of I jumped off the ledge to a Nair.

And Upair beating Dair. Its all about timing. Her Dair is for hits. Each kick last for 2 frames. You have to get inbetweet that to hit Peach. Plus the distance between you and her. Her hit box on Dair extends. So yea about timing. You up can/can't beat her dair if that makes sense to you.

Should have been more specific, I was talking more along the lines of gimping, not limiting ones options on the edge. Dk can reach the edge easily in this matchup but his options for getting back on the stage are limited once he's past 100%. Most of the edgeguarding tactics you refered to are gimmicks, I can up-b stall until i see an opening and fastfall>uair will beat all of the options you talked about. One edge option I've been exploring recently is landing laglessly on the stage with up-b which leads to an up-tilt or dsmash about half the time. That may seem like a gimmick, but its effective because you cant tell whether im going to stall or attempt to get back on stage.

As for the uair vs dair it seems like half the time peach wins and the other half dk wins. Peach should not be challenging dk's uair with dair though, because it kills around 100%. Any dk would risk taking 5-10 extra percent in order to get a kill. Her dair is also easy to bait considering its one her best options when trying to get back to the stage.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I survived til 235% against King Beef in our set
Yeah man those upB momentum cancels were off the hook lol. I'm glad I had an extra stock at that point or it might not have turned out so good for me.

This matchup is very fun to play. DK can wall Peach pretty hard with proper spacing but she also has the tools to bait and make him whiff just enough to create an opening (although you, Will, and Ook all cover your whiffs very well and/or react quickly after them, I have yet to play Cable though). He kills her relatively early, she edgeguards him well; it's simply one of those dead even matchups in Brawl that comes down to the better player in the respective match/set.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I survived until 250+% on every single one of my stocks in my MM with Nicole at Apex 2010 =P
That's insane! xD What was she trying to kill you with? Or was your defense just on point?

Everybody's doing it! :awesome:

/conformistlogic

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Should have been more specific, I was talking more along the lines of gimping, not limiting ones options on the edge. Dk can reach the edge easily in this matchup but his options for getting back on the stage are limited once he's past 100%. Most of the edgeguarding tactics you refered to are gimmicks, I can up-b stall until i see an opening and fastfall>uair will beat all of the options you talked about. One edge option I've been exploring recently is landing laglessly on the stage with up-b which leads to an up-tilt or dsmash about half the time. That may seem like a gimmick, but its effective because you cant tell whether im going to stall or attempt to get back on stage.

As for the uair vs dair it seems like half the time peach wins and the other half dk wins. Peach should not be challenging dk's uair with dair though, because it kills around 100%. Any dk would risk taking 5-10 extra percent in order to get a kill. Her dair is also easy to bait considering its one her best options when trying to get back to the stage.
None of the edguarding things I said are gimmicks. The only one that is a lil hard to do and time is the Fair strat. But everything else is not a gimmick. Its straight smart edgeguarding. And I just explained how to deal with that stall. You not the only one that can play this " you can't tell wehter i'm going to........." game

Also If I am directly over you while recoverying, You are gonna tell me to just do nothing and take the hit? I time my Dair, I beat your uair. There is only a few up airs in this game Peach't cant stop. And DK's is certainly aint one of them. I have no choice to time a Dair that can save my stock and I go right through you unharned. So really, not challenging DK's uair is foolish and asking to die.

Neon9837

Smash Cadet
None of the edguarding things I said are gimmicks. The only one that is a lil hard to do and time is the Fair strat. But everything else is not a gimmick. Its straight smart edgeguarding. And I just explained how to deal with that stall. You not the only one that can play this " you can't tell wehter i'm going to........." game

Also If I am directly over you while recoverying, You are gonna tell me to just do nothing and take the hit? I time my Dair, I beat your uair. There is only a few up airs in this game Peach't cant stop. And DK's is certainly aint one of them. I have no choice to time a Dair that can save my stock and I go right through you unharned. So really, not challenging DK's uair is foolish and asking to die.

Neither character has the best options for getting back on stage so I agree that theres no reason to play the " you can't tell wehter i'm going to........." game.

My point on the uair vs dair debate was that peach has better options than dair.

Everyone's already said this but I'll say it again. The main reason i believe this mu is 55:45 in dk's favor is because of his overwhelming killing potential. Peach can get dk to 70+ percent easily but shouldnt be killing till at least 150. All of Dk's finishers are much stronger, have more range and are faster then peachs'. He can kill off of a grab near the edge at 80% or so, even if you hold up during the hold. Dk also has legitimate combos on her and the 2nd best u-tilt in the game to beat her dair.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Neither character has the best options for getting back on stage so I agree that theres no reason to play the " you can't tell wehter i'm going to........." game.

My point on the uair vs dair debate was that peach has better options than dair.

Everyone's already said this but I'll say it again. The main reason i believe this mu is 55:45 in dk's favor is because of his overwhelming killing potential. Peach can get dk to 70+ percent easily but shouldnt be killing till at least 150. All of Dk's finishers are much stronger, have more range and are faster then peachs'. He can kill off of a grab near the edge at 80% or so, even if you hold up during the hold. Dk also has legitimate combos on her and the 2nd best u-tilt in the game to beat her dair.
Is that right? Do tell me then sir. What options does Peach have better than Dair when DK is right near her?

And if you wanna based thids on just solid power, any character that is stronger than Peach (which is like nearly the whole roster) beats Peach. And that is not true. it does not work like that. Power isnt everything.

Neon9837

Smash Cadet
Is that right? Do tell me then sir. What options does Peach have better than Dair when DK is right near her?

And if you wanna based thids on just solid power, any character that is stronger than Peach (which is like nearly the whole roster) beats Peach. And that is not true. it does not work like that. Power isnt everything.
Peach actually doesnt have many more options besides dair when shes being juggled. This goes back to what I was saying earlier, dair often becomes predictable. Whether this is true or not doesn't matter though, my main point was that he wins based on killing power.

No I'm not saying his strength alone is what gives him the edge. Many characters are just as strong as dk but they dont have effective killing moves.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Lol, dair is not Peach's only option if she's being juggled. Nair and bair are much more common in most scenarios, and even then...you never know what the player will choose to do. They may even just take the weaker hit and DI away in order to avoid being baited into an aerial reaction only to be hit by a more powerful followup.

People who don't main Peach have got to get off of this impression of dair being the focal point of her entire game. It's such a large misconception that I'm honestly surprised to still see more than two years into the game's life.

Xyless

Smash Master
I have no idea how I am at this matchup, as I don't think I've really faced Ook in a tourney set...that I can remember. Though him and I did have a match where we had to play each other's characters. He won...barely!

Anyways, I don't believe we can CG DK, which sucks for me, because that's my favorite thing to do on heavies. DK seems like he'd be an extremely rough MU for Peach, given that he's, what, the all around 2nd heaviest character in the game, not throwing in the up B momentum cancel. So DK is a character that you have to be hardcore patient, and really never go for a kill move unless you know FOR SURE that he's going down.

In a matchup like this, when I know a character won't die for a long time, I tend to save ftilt and bair more.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Peach actually doesnt have many more options besides dair when shes being juggled. This goes back to what I was saying earlier, dair often becomes predictable. Whether this is true or not doesn't matter though, my main point was that he wins based on killing power.

No I'm not saying his strength alone is what gives him the edge. Many characters are just as strong as dk but they dont have effective killing moves.
Ok, you talking about being juggled. In that case, this is not true at all. It's all about evasion. Yon can just pull away or counter attack with her air attacks. But times it is not best to risk it. So I just Pull away. I have done this smart evasion against characters like meta knight, ZSS, Abnd Marth. And against good, top players. When I talk about match ups, I talked from a pro level. Not typical game play.

And again, killing power is not everything. Olimar thoes not have a hard time killing, really off the top, where Peach dies the worst. And he does not beat her. Diddy has better set ups than Peach to land kill moves, yet he don't win. IC Get Chain brabs or grab set ups to end our stock, yet he does not win. Yoshi kills better than Peach, yet he does not win. people need to understand that powers is seriousl not everything. What good is it all if it is not all that gread in match ups. This is what this smash community needs to understand. Peach can play DK to a point where it be really hard to land a kill move on her.

For stuff like this, I could easily say that Peach slighty Beasts DK. But I won't cause playing this match up so much and beating good DK's I learned this in and out. All the stuf f they can do to each other balances out the match up.

Lol, dair is not Peach's only option if she's being juggled. Nair and bair are much more common in most scenarios, and even then...you never know what the player will choose to do. They may even just take the weaker hit and DI away in order to avoid being baited into an aerial reaction only to be hit by a more powerful followup.

People who don't main Peach have got to get off of this impression of dair being the focal point of her entire game. It's such a large misconception that I'm honestly surprised to still see more than two years into the game's life.
I been saying this for 2 years. People still can't get this typical Peach play mindset out of thier heads.And what makes it worst is that lots tend to play this way till this day too. This smash community is really something else sometimes.

Neon9837

Smash Cadet
Ok, you talking about being juggled. In that case, this is not true at all. It's all about evasion. Yon can just pull away or counter attack with her air attacks. But times it is not best to risk it. So I just Pull away. I have done this smart evasion against characters like meta knight, ZSS, Abnd Marth. And against good, top players. When I talk about match ups, I talked from a pro level. Not typical game play.

And again, killing power is not everything. Olimar thoes not have a hard time killing, really off the top, where Peach dies the worst. And he does not beat her. Diddy has better set ups than Peach to land kill moves, yet he don't win. IC Get Chain brabs or grab set ups to end our stock, yet he does not win. Yoshi kills better than Peach, yet he does not win. people need to understand that powers is seriousl not everything. What good is it all if it is not all that gread in match ups. This is what this smash community needs to understand. Peach can play DK to a point where it be really hard to land a kill move on her.

For stuff like this, I could easily say that Peach slighty Beasts DK. But I won't cause playing this match up so much and beating good DK's I learned this in and out. All the stuff they can do to each other balances out the match up.

I been saying this for 2 years. People still can't get this typical Peach play mindset out of thier heads.And what makes it worst is that lots tend to play this way till this day too. This smash community is really something else sometimes.

You're right on the uair vs dair debate, she has many more options. I also realize we're analyzing peach's metagame vs Dk's, I'm not a pro but I know what I'm talking about. Ask Kyon or Illmatic.

"Peach can play DK to a point where it be really hard to land a kill move on her."

I'll respond to this with an earlier quote from Kyon:

"Don't make it sound like its impossible for a DK to read a player"

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
lolmatchupthreads

all i do is go in and be like hi im trillmatic, then the result screen says the winner is Peach

Metatitan

Smash Master
Because being aggravated by trolling will stop the trolling. Makes perfect sense.

Now then are we on the juggling section of the MU? Peach probably will try to bait DK's second jump to limit his landing mobility so that she'll have breathing room to land. Considering Uair's kill power, she probably won't try to Dair considering if it even clashed she'd be KO'd. There really is no good way to write this since there are so many different scenarios, but I guess the important thing is to keep in mind that Dair being her main tool for landing is a common misconception.

Neon9837

Smash Cadet
The same can be said for Peach dude. Again, this type of game is not going anywhere. So no point in bringing it up.
I agree once again, we've both given our sides of the argument and named the most important pros and cons of each character in the matchup. Other people need to analyze our arguments and decide the ratio. I'll be going to dallas next weekend and hopefully play some friendlies or an mm with illmatic to help me decide how close the matchup is.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I agree once again, we've both given our sides of the argument and named the most important pros and cons of each character in the matchup. Other people need to analyze our arguments and decide the ratio. I'll be going to dallas next weekend and hopefully play some friendlies or an mm with illmatic to help me decide how close the matchup is.
I might be going too. :)

Even then I still think this MU is 50/50

It's hard for DK to keep Peach away from pressuring him once she gets through his range, but it's still possible for him to wall her for a while. Since DK is all heavy muscle( NOT FAT) it's going to be REALLY hard to kill him.

Once he gets to a certain percent, it gets easier to keep pressuring him when he recovers. He'll live at smaller percents on stages like Smashville and Battlefield but we'd probably want to take him off platforms and go to Final Destination to keep him away from his gimmicks. Smashville would probably be the best option, as it's more of a smaller version of Final Destination. The single platform on Smashville is a little harder to gimmick on, since it moves constantly.

Use turnips to cover his aerial options. Even then his Bair can kill turnips, and he doesn't have to approach with them. Watch out for ground pound when pulling turnips. When you're both in the air it's best for Peach to keep to Donkey Kong's front, since it's his blind spot in the air.

Always remember to keep at an angle in the air in front of him to avoid his grab. Donkey Kong loves to grab Peach, just as much as she loves to grab him(wink wink nudge nudge).

There's more, but I just had a brain fart, so I'll be back with summoree.

Neon9837

Smash Cadet
I don't think we've discussed the stages in enough detail, they can turn the tide of matches this close.

Advantage DK- Jungle Japes

Slight Adv. DK- Yoshi's Island, Brinstar, Pokemon Stadium

Even-Smashville, Final Destination,

Slight Adv. Peach- Battlefield, Halberd, Frigate, Lylat Cruise

Advantage Peach-

(Unsure) Rainbow cruise, Picto, Delfino

Need some opinions on this, preferably from both peach and dk mains.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I don't think we've discussed the stages in enough detail, they can turn the tide of matches this close.

Advantage Peach-

I'm pretty much gonna have to say that this is like 99% agreeable.
I'm not to sure about the slight advantage for Peach on Battlefield. I think we can throw that in even. If either Peach or Donkey Kong gets caught on a platform, they can both get screwed over bad.

Neon9837

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty much gonna have to say that this is like 99% agreeable.
I'm not to sure about the slight advantage for Peach on Battlefield. I think we can throw that in even. If either Peach or Donkey Kong gets caught on a platform, they can both get screwed over bad.
Wasnt sure on BF either, it can be hard for either character to approach.

RC is weird, its arguable over who has better mobility on this stage. Peach has terrible height on her 2nd jump but a decent up-b. Dk has a a great 2nd jump but bad up-b for height. Dk is faster but peach is more agile. dk has an infinite on 3 sections of this stage but peach can turnip camp pretty well on about half of the stage.

Sort of the same thing with deflino, peach can camp well on most portions of the stage but dk has the deadly infinite and works much better with water.

Picto is also an interesting stage. When its flat its basically like final destination but dk has more ledge options. I need to look more into the gimmicks of each transformation.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Wasnt sure on BF either, it can be hard for either character to approach.

RC is weird, its arguable over who has better mobility on this stage. Peach has terrible height on her 2nd jump but a decent up-b. Dk has a a great 2nd jump but bad up-b for height. Dk is faster but peach is more agile. dk has an infinite on 3 sections of this stage but peach can turnip camp pretty well on about half of the stage.

Sort of the same thing with deflino, peach can camp well on most portions of the stage but dk has the deadly infinite and works much better with water.

Picto is also an interesting stage. When its flat its basically like final destination but dk has more ledge options. I need to look more into the gimmicks of each transformation.
Honestly though, I see a lot of the stage options 50/50.

I can see DK's advantage on JJ obviously. Even then, I see so much more of an even match on most stages and counter picks.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Jungle Japes is extremely good for Peach as well, so I'd say no to that.

:053:
It's pretty much way better for Donkey Kong anyway. Peach can play other characters on that stage pretty well, but when it comes to DK, no.

Donkey Kong's moves and kill set ups are a whole world easier to land here. He can use everything he has against Peach with most ease compared to other stages.

So, I still have to say that Donkey Kong has a great advantage on JJ.

z00ted

Advantage Peach-

These are from Peach's perspective.

I'm going to have to disagree with alot of these, although you are a very knowledgable Donkey Kong (from what I've seen), some of these stage counterpicks don't take into consideration Peach's pros/cons.

Jungle Japes - Slight Advantage. Peach wants you to take her to this stage, although you can live to high percentages (which you already can) she is able to also, which puts her in a better situation. Peach barely ever kills vertically, but more horizontally, so it puts us at a better advantage. That and she forces a approach with turnips.

Brinstar - Advantage. Peach can pressure Donkey Kong very easily on this stage. The terrainis easy to work around with float. The lava pressures Donkey Kong to move on the platforms alot. We can refresh our kill moves with jab on the tentacles. The blastbox is smaller.

Yoshi's Island - Even. Although you can do more things with utilt because of the slanted platform, the blastbox is smaller on Yoshi's Island (horizontally) allowing Peach to kill Donkey Kong alot earlier. We can also punish your landing on the platform with uair quite easily.

Pokemon Stadium - Slight Disadvantage. There are just too many nooks andcrannies that can keep Donkey Kong alive here. Let alone the stage is farily big. I wouldn't recommend taking him here.

Smashville - Even. It's Smashville.

Battlefield - Slight Disadvantage. The platforms allow you to uair or utilt us in alot of situations.

Lylat Cruise - Disadvantage. WAY too many platforms. Donkey Kong can have a field day with utilt strings as well as uair combos. Take Peach here.

Halberd - Disadvantage. It's a big stage, and the cielings are low allowing DK to kill Peach with utilt at lower percentages.

Frigate - N/A

Rainbow Cruise - Advantage. We just have alot more mobility on this stage compared to others. If we camp with turnips you are forced to chase us, and because of the stage we can pick our kill moves intelligently to where we know they will hit.

Delfino - Even. We have mobility due to constant stage shifts, but you have the spike in the water, as well as dtilt locks on walls on the stage.

Picto - Slight Disadvantage. Big stage, and your grabs are more precise than ours allowing you to throw us into hazards.

I don't know alot of specifics about what DK's moveset can do to Peach particularly, but I do know what DK can do to Peach on certain stages and vice versa.

So yeah, eat a **** Yaay.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
It's pretty much way better for Donkey Kong anyway. Peach can play other characters on that stage pretty well, but when it comes to DK, no.

Donkey Kong's moves and kill set ups are a whole world easier to land here. He can use everything he has against Peach with most ease compared to other stages.

So, I still have to say that Donkey Kong has a great advantage on JJ.
Idk... personally I find it more advantageous for Peach, actually. Her camping game is excellent here and two very annoying kill moves of DK, Dsmash and Uair, kill much later now. She has some float and Peach bomber gimmicks too. I dont find it a bad stage in this match-up, but I guess that just personal.

:053:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

So yeah, eat a **** Yaay.

Mods, If you wish to infract me, by all means do so, But this had to be done and no one is saying anything. I'm not gonna get mad or w/e.

Ill, I am slowly getting sick of you and how you post around here, First off saying crap like this. Second, you list? Straight wrong. When you play a top DK and actually know wtf you are doing then open your mouth. Or else stay out of these discussion and quit saying these stupid foul comments that have nothing to do with this thread. Nothing but BS spam. It's all you do around here. Useless meaningless post.

It's not only annoying to me but a **** load of people around here. So do us all a favor and shut the hell up or don't post. You trying to hard to stand out around here and get noticed. We are getting sick of this crap from you. Do you seriously have ADD?

Now let me school you on something. Peach and DK are both good on platfroms. But Peach is better. Dude to turnip pressure, Uptilts and ground floated upairs under them to ether uptilts, an air attack or more turnip pressure from below. DK is a big character. And big/heavy characters get it the worst.

If you in the air, platforms help with your evasion when coming back instead of sitting there falling slow and being baited to her crappy air dodge and die. That's why Final is a good stage. Your evasion % drops. And Harder to break from DK. If she was not that slow in the air, then it not be such a problem.

So do us all a favor, keep these stupid useless comments like the one you made to Yaaay out of here. Cause you really starting to annoying a hell lot of people around here. And stay out of discussions you don't know about. Seriously, quit the BS.

z00ted

Straight wrong. When you play a top DK and actually know wtf you are doing then open your mouth. Or else stay out of these discussion and quit saying these stupid foul comments that have nothing to do with this thread. Nothing but BS spam. It's all you do around here. Useless meaningless post.
nope ever hear of a joke?

you call people out on being gay all the time then when I step in to say something about it you say you are "joking" i'm "joking".

Do you seriously have ADD?
nope

Now let me school you on something. Peach and DK are both good on platfroms. But Peach is better. Dude to turnip pressure, Uptilts and ground floated upairs under them to ether uptilts, an air attack or more turnip pressure from below. DK is a big character. And big/heavy characters get it the worst.
10nopes

If you in the air, platforms help with your evasion when coming back instead of sitting there falling slow and being baited to her crappy air dodge and die. That's why Final is a good stage. Your evasion % drops. And Harder to break from DK. If she was not that slow in the air, then it not be such a problem.
lol you just contradicted yourself

So do us all a favor, keep these stupid useless comments like the one you made to Yaaay out of here. Cause you really starting to annoying a hell lot of people around here. And stay out of discussions you don't know about. Seriously, quit the BS.
lol, you don't even know why I said what I said, mind your own business.

Basically Yaay pointed out on the Game and Watch thread that I never do anything to help the Peach community. While I could really care less I was putting in my opinions on stage selection and pointing out that I actually do help out a bit here and there.

Lol... and stay out of discussions I don't know about? This whole thread is almost all theorycrafting. Including all of the quotes I just picked you out on.

Also, please almighty Drk Peach that plays top level DKs every day of his life, if I am incorrect on all of my stage analysises please point them out and tell me what's wrong. Besides platforms of course.

We're all entitled to our own opinion.

Top Bottom