• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tournament Results (UPDATE! 2/16/12)

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Great job, DTP!!

Any vids??

That's awesome you beat Karaudo!! He got 33rd out of 139 at WHOBO 3.

What do you think of the :sonic: matchup??
Thanks! :)

I know there was a livestream connected to one of the TVs, but I only used it for Loser Finals. So basically no decent vids.....

Oh and the Sonic Matchup is really fun. It teaches you to play a bit faster in general and Peach can definitely hold her own here. I won't get into specifics but it is one of my favorite matchups. Gf nairs are amazing and turnips are something you should always have in hand (Mainly for the boost in mobility which helps against him).

Thanks guys :D I need to learn the diddy matchup, so that I get first next time lol

Also, great job Raz, 2link, and DTP :)
Awesome job to you too.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Got back from House of Mouse 2. It was my first tournament from which I took a bit of a break, and I feel as though it was my best performance yet.

House of Mouse Two
Fifth out of Forty Five Entrants
5/7/2011
Austin, Texas

1: Gnes ==:diddy: ($216.00)
2: Trela ==:lucario: ($99.00)
3: UltimateRazer ==:snake: ($63.00)
4: Dojo ==:metaknight: ($36.00)
5: Infinity ==:metaknight: ($18.00)
5: Vinnie (Illmatic) ==:peach: ($18.00)
7: Denti ==:olimar:
7: Zori ==:olimar:
9: Jerm ==:toonlink:
9: Dphat ==:metaknight:
9: K Prime ==:pikachu2:
9: MegaFox ==:fox:/:snake:
13: Panty Raider ==:gw:
13: Poltergust ==:yoshi2:/:dedede:
13: P4 ==:metaknight:
13: Sync ==:metaknight:
You can tell from the top sixteen that the tournament was incredibly stacked. I was extremely pleased with how I outperformed a various number of players and I felt as though I had increased in precision and quickness by about 1.4x. Taking a break helped tremendously and I'm glad I did it. Best tournament performance by far even including WHOBO 3.

In Winner's I played:

Bye
Sama (Wolf) 2-0 (1) Two stock
Dphat (Metaknight) 1-2

My set against Dphat was definitely the best one yet and was extremely hyped. I beat him game one with a decent lead and I was counterpicked to Rainbow Cruise where I self destructed twice. I took him to Pokemon Stadium One and basically was last hit last stock - I tripped somewhere in my third stock and it caused me to get punished severely. Really good set, it was saved.

In Loser's I played:

Tesh (Sonic) 2-0 (1) Two Stock

I've played Tesh so many times now that I am becoming extremely solid at the Sonic matchup. Videos will be uploaded of this set.

Player-4 (Metaknight) 2-1

P4 has been getting a lot better lately. I beat him solidly round one, he counterpicked me to Frigate in which I lost and I took him to SV and won. Good set, recorded.

K Prime (Pikachu) 2-0 (2) Stock Game One Jv (3) Stock Game Two

It was pretty disgusting. My Peach was extremely on point and it showed how well I was at the matchup. My pressure game was superb as well as my fair reads and uair/nair reads. The matches will be uploaded - be prepared.

Zori (Olimar) 2-1

I thought I would lose this set. I got three stocked game one on Battlefield. I counter-picked him to Brinstar and two stocked him, I was getting the hang of Olimar. He took me to Final Destination and I was getting beat badly on my first stock. I fair'd him then quickly read his jump and fair'd him again while he was onstage at like four percentage. The result of the hits/reads were so drastic that I was able to gimp him at 34% The rest of the set just played out.

Dojo (Metaknight) 0-2

Extremely good set. Dojo is an amazing player and it shows all the time. I beat him at House of Mouse One so I knew he wanted revenge. First game was on smashville and it was extremely close throughout. A lot of solid reads and combos but I couldn't take the first kill third stock similar to how I did first and second. I took him to Pokemon Stadium One and was keeping up until last stock. Then the windmill came and I got destroyed.

Really good tournament. I'm extremely excited to show you guys the videos - the only set that wasn't recorded was vs. Dojo, sorry!

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Good.

I'm tired of watching you play badly against Marth and trying to "understand the genius".

Two-Ell

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=303095

ESAM's Zero Ping Monthly feat. Vinnie
Thirty-two Entrants
5/7/2011
Miami, FL

Kyon got 5th, first seed in pools

I got 17th, second seed to RedHalberd

In bracket I lost to GDX( :diddy: ) 1-2. Ill, I have to thank you and Kyon for helping me with the Diddy MU. First game was close and I actually beat him game two(He beat me more solidly in game three on PS1). This is probably one of the MUs I struggled with most in the past(GDX used to two stock and 2-0 me). I feel I can manage it in the future now.

Chaz( :metaknight: ) I beat very solidly game one(he also used to two stock 2-0 me). Game two on Brinstar was insanely close and think about a minute and a half left in game, but in the end I couldn't get that kill and he beat me. I went to BF, but I was drained some what and he beat me solidly.

I really wish I could've made the 2-0. You'll cry when you see the video haha. For the event overall, I'm really happy with how much OoS experience along with talking to a few of you has done for me. I feel like I'm closer to a breakthough, but with this event I see I'm not quite there yet.

Oh and amazing job ill.

:rosalina:

z00ted

^sweet

alright, Kyon beat ESAM - Pikachu is now freeeee

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I like to think everyone was being pretty serious when we said we were going to make a difference this year.

some people are moving faster than others, but I like that everyone is getting better as a whole.

Nicole

Smash Champion
its ok kb, i did ****ty at my tournament also.

im leaving the mw soon and this was my last tournament here most likely. i dont think i was really ready to come back from my hiatus but i did anyway to see everyone. i'm glad i did go and saw all my friends but i didnt feel much like playing after i lost my match in winners. in losers, i had to play the guy i rode to the tournament with, so i just forfeited to him and took 9th.

idk the game just seems less fun to me, or less engaging, or something. i dont rage nearly as much anymore but i dont care enough either.

good job to everyone else though, glad to see you guys placing well.

9th of 32 - Event 52, May 7
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12678629#post12678629

(im moving to the ec if anyone was curious)

z00ted

sucks people are losing their interest in the game, especially after a **** load of hype for you guys

hopefully you both figure something out

in other news:

WAHAHAHAHAHA!!

LanceStern

Smash Lord
its ok kb, i did ****ty at my tournament also.

im leaving the mw soon and this was my last tournament here most likely. i dont think i was really ready to come back from my hiatus but i did anyway to see everyone. i'm glad i did go and saw all my friends but i didnt feel much like playing after i lost my match in winners. in losers, i had to play the guy i rode to the tournament with, so i just forfeited to him and took 9th.

For goodness sake

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I'm ready to start doing well with Peach in tournament. I'm gonna train up on wifi, and keep practicing Melee Peach (which seems to help) and I'm gonna take my next tournament by storm. I'm gonna be the next successful Peach. I gotta follow all of your guy's success with some of my own.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Melee Peach is a different character from Brawl Peach... Not saying the practice won't help, but just prepare for it to feel extremely different. I always find myself trying to relearn her when I switch from Melee to Brawl and back.

:peach:

Two-Ell

Smash Master
It's not that bad. You just need to get used to switching. My only problem is sometimes I might try to waveland/L-Cancel in brawl lol. That goes away in a couple games though

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I'm pretty good at switching back and forth between games. Generally in my mind, when I can't dash dance, I can't tech skill, so my Peach becomes Brawl mode. XD

The only problem I have is I end up getting too aggressive in Brawl, even with my different playstyle, and it ends up getting me killed in places I would've lived in Melee. I just need to get used to camping and landing safer, and I'll be fine.

I also got a lot of practice switching back and forth between Brawl ROB and Brawl Minus ROB back when I helped test stuff, so switching up my playstyle for different games isn't too hard for me anymore.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I've gotten a lot better at switching between Brawl Peach and Melee Peach. Just think of them as two different characters :O One has an amazing dsmash and the other doesn't

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
9th outta 30ish

beat paper, that got recorded but i just used pch round 1, fox round 2 (b/c i ****ing can lol)

lost to terry, lost to his falco round 1. he was rly on to the way i combo and he'd dodge at the right moments and punish. round 2 was like jv 2 stock though coz switched up my pattern. round 3 was mk and RC...he's so good there i just got scrapped. i was doin' alright til he stopped fighting on the boat lol.

beat m7h, my friend's DK. wasn't very hard, i just combo'd and smacked his extended hurtboxes all day. got a fair stagespike too haha.

lost to pitbull's lucario. i got mad about it coz it was so gay and for other reasons that shudn't be posted on the boards. i'd **** then just get camped by a stationary lucario charging aura at 150 or w/e. it was dumb. i shud've just been patient and not gone for the kill like...ever. i'm probably gonna be an ******* and time him out next time with metaknight or fox though. just get a stock lead, leave him at 100 ish and just run the **** away.

but yeah major things i learned or relearned was just patience. ppl seemed to play less gay but sometimes gayness prevails so i guess i gotta be uncool sometimes. another one was to come up more preset solutions to people breaking my combo strings with the correct dodging so I can adjust and plan for **** much faster.

i think i got a bit better but not rly. ima prob hold off on tourneys for a good few weeks. i think my two kinda gay losses left sort of a bad taste in my mouth even though the tourney was pretty fun.

z00ted

That dumb Lucario stuff happens to me at like EVERY tournament.

I don't think you should take a break. It seems as though you know what you want to do - you just gotta do it.

Practice would work really well, imo.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
ima still practice w/ anuar and mike n stuff, especially since school ends on thursday. ima make it a point rework my playstyle n stuff.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11981

3rd outta 11 lmao

small little tournament. i finally got my wish to play w/ anuar in tourney coz he's pretty much the leader of our LAX crew. i got ***** in winners by his mk/oli but apparently i played bad, kept moving forward, etc.

beat a couple of the better socal randoms in willyo (diddy), and cpu (wants to be wario but has to use like falco/ddd on me coz his wario is free for me atm).

beat my friend richie cthulu w/ my fox. i usmash'd him w/ 10 sec left round 1 to tie up the score 108 to 108 last hit and then he took 1 percent from being in the blast bubble. i ran to the other side of sv and taunted while the game timed out. xD

aaaand i got 3-0'd by anuar in loser's finals but it was much better haha. first game was good til i got gimped last stock, 2nd game was mid one hundreds last hit but his MK got me, i ****ed up an autocancel fair, got dsmashed and i think that or whatever follow up in the air killed me. 3rd game last hit in funny *** MK dittos.

i think i'm gettin better though just beatin' the above average ppl i shud beat. i'm findin' my own weird consistency lol. just gotta step it up and **** the socal PR, mainly the top 7 though.

Top Bottom