• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tournament Results (UPDATE! 2/16/12)

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
^you cp'd battlefield against MK, good choice! i hope it worked out well for you (seems like it did, it was a pretty close match from what you say). i think its one of our best choices though no one seems to believe me...

nice placing btw
tbh i feel it was a bad cp but i cudn't think of anything better at the time. SV and FD work great b/c I can DI out of and break nado really easily in the first place so I can just immediately land on the ground if I take the last hit or DI out of the last hit.

the problem w/ BF or platformed stages is that I can't threaten to airdodge/attack to get to the ground as soon as I'm out of nado. I'm stuck on this plat or if I'm seen just phasing through it ima get dsmash'd. platforms slow me down vs MK and end up making MK instantly harder.

in retrospect though picto or PS1 would be better coz like on PS1 I can just camp transformations or make my way to the other side of transformations once I get hit or run away so most of my fighting would be on the large *** flat stage w/ small plats. same thing with picto lol.

ima try to learn RC w/ Peach and put together my thoughts on my strategy there but at the same time I'm gonna get good at the MK ditto so I don't have to ban gay stages (maybe brinstar still but who knows).

but yeah outside of that, MK is really really fast and even in MK dittos and especially Peach vs MK I kinda get scared to do **** or trust my reads b/c MK is so incredibly fast and one dsmash or shuttle loop puts me in the air. so yeah, pound is gonna be glorious. ;O

Nicole

Smash Champion
imo brinstar is much better as long as there's a lgl of some sort. otherwise it's the gayest....

but i dont fear brinstar against mk. i ALWAYS ban cruise though, but that's my personal hatred of moving levels forcing me to do that...if i didnt ban cruise i'd prolly ban frigate or delfino, those are annoying.

the platforms are both a help and hindrance, you can actually land instead of getting juggled forever, but yeah you do get stuck on them. idk i think its better to get stuck, but at least to be able to make it back to the ground. i find it easier to be a little more offensive against mk on battlefield, whereas on fd it's bigger and he's harder to get to - he can stay away from her very well there, and she has a really really really tough time avoiding loops and uairs if she gets hit in the air.

idk...it's tough to cp him. i think it comes down to personal preference of neutral.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
idk, we can just play the mu a lot (ur pch vs my mk) at pound in a couple weeks and we can prob come up w/ ****. usually i love plats but vs MK i'd just rather that they not be in the way.

oh and idk, i dun like brinstar. usually 30-50 lgl is still more than enough for any mk. also, being sharked the entire game is rly dumb. it's the stupidest coz the opportunities to rack damage are just really rare.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
DJ scribbs must have beaten the snot out of me enough times on BF to make me change my mind about going there against MK. I used to love taking him there though.

Now I kind of need more space to work with, so I'll just stick to FD or Smashville and pin my options and reaction time against whoever the MK is and fight it out.

...or I'll go Pikapika. <3
ESAM inspires me so much with how he plays the MK/Snake matchups.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Wow that's awesome. I know Se1brik gives him some trouble in tournament, so watching how he beats a tough obstacle like that is going to do wonders for me as well. xD

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Oh I know how to SDI them. I studied those vids of yours pretty much a year ago Mr. Doom. I was just being bad that day. I didn't CG him like I was supposed to either. I've beaten 4 different foxes at tournies including one that recently tied for first this weekend in CFL.

Fox is free. I won't let it happen again trust me x3

:rosalina:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
fox is better than peach

therefore peach is super free

Nicole

Smash Champion
idk, we can just play the mu a lot (ur pch vs my mk) at pound in a couple weeks and we can prob come up w/ ****. usually i love plats but vs MK i'd just rather that they not be in the way.

oh and idk, i dun like brinstar. usually 30-50 lgl is still more than enough for any mk. also, being sharked the entire game is rly dumb. it's the stupidest coz the opportunities to rack damage are just really rare.
yes. sorry i dont have much of an mk to help test this stuff...

like i said though, i ban rc because i personally just dont like it when stages move. it cramps my style or something...i dunno. the part where you get off the boat and have to go up just always gets me killed so fast by mk.

if mk's playing gay there's no way you're gonna win on brinstar...or rc for that matter though. imo peach can't deal with two different forms of gayness (stage + player).

i also like cp-ing BF because i know the mk isnt gonna ban it. with cp-ing fd or smashville, you might have won the first game on one of them (prolly smashville) and the mk will prolly ban the other one (fd).

but yeah, we'll definitely test some things out.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
lol ok, i would probably **** you though sync.

so anyway i got like 9th outta 28th at kakunarattata.

i went all snake in winners so got a bye and then lost to agent paper's gdubz 2-1 xD ****'s hard haha. shud've been campier.

even in losers though i used some snake and falco but then i started using Peach though. vs gameophile won w/ snake round 1, lost w/ falco round 2, then used pch on his diddy and 2 stocked lol

vs zekey (guy ima travel to pound w/ and team w/) I beat his DDD round 1 w/ pch on BF and then i just cp'd falco round 2 when he went FD and won. ;O

got 2-0'd by larry. last stock i tripped at the edge into his usmash right when i was gonna run off and dj bair. it would've hit coz he DID usmash like i thought =(. he was at like 45 and i was at 100ish so that bair would've made a game of it i would like to think. then on halberd it was last hit, he was at 90 and i was at 160. he dash atk usmash'd my shield so i thought i won and tried to usmash but he powershielded and dsmashed haha. it is guaranteed to usmash back but the dash atk pushed me back a little too far and the usmash was tippered so i was just like fraaaames away from ending him.

and i thought **** it might as well so i mm'd mikehaze for like 5 bucks. both games on fd, he 2-0'd me. first was last hit (him at early 100s) and then game 2 he was like last stock 40 ish? idk he just got me. problem was that i was guessing too much when i'd try to beat some of his moves instead of just walking in and being a little slower and tryin' to just pressure w/ my presence.

a bit too reckless it was relaxin' today but i think i'm pretty ready for pound and i learned some ****.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I'm gonna try to make it to a Brawl tourney in Kingsville on the 18th, and a MTG tourney on the 19th.

Both in Kingsville. lol

:peach:

z00ted

raz i poop on ur poopy mk and i will poop on ur poopy peach (which you didn't ditto me in) so frak u

Also: What did you want to talk to me about?

Whobo 3 pre-hype!

Sync.

Smash Champion
I can't wait for WHOBO! I want all kinds of Peach xp! At Pound I'm going to ask Nicole for friendlies (maybe even a MM!) I really want to learn this MU it's really difficult for me and a small mental block

z00ted

prepare to get ****ED up.

you never played me at Dallas, ya *****.

I'll wipe that kyon smirk off ya faceeeeeeeeeeeee

Top Bottom